It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans and Crime Rates in USA, WHY???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cairowoman
As for the violence. Think about this......you all who are afraid of Black crime may want to START LISTENING TO RAP GET SOME BAGGY PANTS AND TURN ALL THAT DAMN GOLD YOU ARE HORDING IN YOUR UNDERGROUND COMPOUND IN TO A CHAIN AND make friends with your testosterone filled, smaller brained Black gang members BEFORE TSHF....they are better armed than those white militia dudes in the woods...trust me.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Cairowoman]

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Flawless post.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think it would be more interesting to talk about Aliens than this subject anyway...

It's obvious that each Race will see the other Race in a negative light.

And you know, Doctors don't see Race unless it concerns a Race oriented illness. Otherwise they see a Human Being. Doctors are probably the only Humans on this nasty little planet that don't have racist thoughts...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

as it stands you are.....completely racist......

Erm, how can you say that? Can nobody pose a question about an ethnic minority without being labelled racist? Grow up.
Is it the statistics that he posted that you find racist? Granted, a source would have been good but no need to start on him.

As for poverty in the Western world, give me a break.

(by the way.. quite saying your when it's "you're")

Well done, really well done on that statement genius.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by george_gaz]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Below is a speech given by Bill Cosby at Howard University regarding black America. Not all black Americans agree with the remarks Cosby made at a May 17, 2004 celebration of the 50th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education decision. Indeed, his criticism of everything from speech patterns to spending habits among the black poor was pointedly politically incorrect.

Reported on Atlanta Journal Constitution by Cynthia Tucker

His words stings because truth hurts

"'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk...

Why you ain't

Where you is

What he drive

Where he stay

Where he work

Who you be...

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact, you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what??

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2??

Where were you when he was 12??

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol??

And where is the father?? Or, who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward, isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Or, are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from??

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans. They don't know a thing about Africa .
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today, a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.

We, as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal- Mart with seven kids... you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer.

- Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

It's NOT about color...
It's about behavior !!!"

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zonatigre

and this is why the real black america, lashed bill cosby and he apologized. Do you honestly think All of americans of color speak like this? I guess we are about to have a president who cant speak english correctly. Most importantly, science recognizes language and understand language are processed the same in everyones brain but, thousands of years of development and the tongue and mouth adapting to sounds like "ahh" versus "err", you have these results. If anyone has ever study a foreign language, one will realize when statements are translated exactly, they tend to be, "where you work" sometimes even "he,where work,you?" So if we can pardon people from Asia or India who are just now beginnig to adapt to the barriers of our language, why cant we except others?
Bill Cosby is out of touch with reality on this, im sorry. This is just rediculous, even to post this.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

It seems like people who can make a difference are definately holding up there end of the deal. Somehow we get these pistols and we dont have registrations how is this possible. Well anyone from the LA are knows about the train cars left in Watts and Compton, full of guns with no locks on the cars, and no engines to pull them away. That will never make the news. But that is real history!Do we ever sit down and realize that Coke must come from one place in order to get here. At a point in time Americans of color didnt own boats or the means to transport these goods. Just open your mind and think for yourself. In the wise words of Nas "unplug from the Matrix doctrine"

[edit on 7-12-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Obviously the cause has nothing to do with race at all. Its core stems from a generational decline in the American family structure that has hit all races and income levels. This is what starts the problem, and everything spirals from there. Follow me.

The poorer you are, the harder it hits you when not only are you in a single parent home, but that one parent doesn't have good parenting skills. There are obviously exceptions to this, however it stands to reason that when you have never had a good parent figure to learn from, most model their parenting from those examples. So when there is a void of family leadership it is human nature to seek it out elsewhere. This void is then filled by the most powerful people in the areas. Gangs, the KKK, drugs, etc. This newfound home or leadership leads to both pride and loyalty in its members. They write books, sing songs, and create a culture about these things. These things then lead the other leaderless youths to this behavior. Again, obviously there are exceptions.

The poorer your area and your group, the worst things get. So, you want to reverse these statistics, it all starts with the family structure at home. Increasing 2 parent households, increasing parenting skills, finding appropriate leadership for kids. Do this and there will be less criminals. Of course, the question is, how the heck do you accomplish that? Its not something you can legislate. In my opinion, the solution is much like the cause (generational decline in family structure), and will take generations. Sadly.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Lots of knee-jerk reactions here. I am going to ask some questions that are going to cause a lot more. Ready? Here we go.....

1) What happened economically, financially, and especially food production to South Africa after the white people fell from power?

2) What happened to Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) economically, financially, and food-wise after the white people fell from power?

3) Which black-run country(s) in Africa is 1st world in terms of economics, finances, food production, or standard of living?

4) As a group, which race has the highest standard of living all across the globe?

5) Is there a difference in the type and level of crimes in white "slums" and black "slums"? Is there a difference between those two and asian "slums"? How about compared to native american "slums"?

6) Which country(s) ran by whites is third world? Which by Asians? Which by Hispanics? Which by blacks?

7) Are there innate differences between the races, or is it some cultural factor, or is there no difference? Is there some mitigating force that accounts for those differences, if they exist?

8) Do these questions bother you? If so, why?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
in a nut shell

the FEDERAL government tells states they wont get funding for state-run things like roads and police funding, i.e. the FED tells states if they don't make the drinking age 21 they won't get funding and the state always says well I don't have money to pay for it if the FED wont give it to me

so the FED basically has a strangle hold on the STATES because the STATES are built to SERVICE instead of SERVE.

so one of the things the FED does is make sure people caught with DRUGS are treated as CRIMINALS not VICTIMS/SICK PEOPLE.

which has degraded the black family beoynd repair because they seem to be super thick headed and they don't get you can't sell drugs.

its half the blacks fault for being so stubborn and trying to sell drugs for 40 years (thought it was a fad, nope!) and part the systems fault for treating these morons like criminals instead of what they are, hopeless morons.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

How does white America keep black people poor?

I am curious.

I know that I've never been assigned a person of color to keep down.

Perhaps that's because I'm working too hard to keep my head about water.

It's nothing specific (usually), it's just the culture that is White America. The system is still lopsided, so even if the large majority of people aren't racist anymore, there are still those authority figures who find it profitable to keep black people limited.

Popular hip hop (Souljah Boy) and entertainment (Chocolate News) is so bad, and it makes black people look less intelligent, which ignorant people then digest as the truth. There is a ton of really good hip hop that won't get played by the semi-retarded major labels. Rich white businessmen with no interest in anything but selling more records are the ones running most of the studios.

Ludacris talks about it in Crash. His character is a nut, but I think there was a lot of meaning behind what he says there.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103

Originally posted by Wildbob77

How does white America keep black people poor?

I am curious.

I know that I've never been assigned a person of color to keep down.

Perhaps that's because I'm working too hard to keep my head about water.

It's nothing specific (usually), it's just the culture that is White America. The system is still lopsided, so even if the large majority of people aren't racist anymore, there are still those authority figures who find it profitable to keep black people limited.

Popular hip hop (Souljah Boy) and entertainment (Chocolate News) is so bad, and it makes black people look less intelligent, which ignorant people then digest as the truth. There is a ton of really good hip hop that won't get played by the semi-retarded major labels. Rich white businessmen with no interest in anything but selling more records are the ones running most of the studios.

Ludacris talks about it in Crash. His character is a nut, but I think there was a lot of meaning behind what he says there.

blame everyone

we dont have enough factory jobs

all we can offer people is a job at a franchise like mcdonalds or burger king

as a society

we dont make enough stuff

as a result, the minorities give up and sell drugs...cuz they cant get a decent job with out 3 degrees

thats wrong

everyone should be able to get a good high paying job

its all of our fault

we had the biggest amount of wealth the world has known and we blew it on consumption

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

New York Senator Monihan authored a study in 1965 describing the collapse of the black family unit. In 1950, at the height of the Jim Crow Laws, 85% of black children were born to married parents. By 1965, it had fallen to 50%. Lyndon Johnson was so shocked by that fact, he mentioned it in a commencement address at Howard University. Black civil rights leaders accused Johnson of furthering the racial stereotype that blacks are over-sexed. They further accused Johnson of blaming the victim - black single mothers. There was no more discussion of the report.

Today, there are entire neighborhoods in New Jersey where you would be hard-pressed to find a single black kid who even knows another kid with a live-in father. It is a disaster. I see no hope.

I work in a hotel with a work force of black, under-educated, ex-convicts. 85% of them have child support deducted from their checks. It is practically like another tax in addition to FICA and state withholding. I see no solution. I've watched the slow degradation of the black community since the 60's.

At this point, I have to ask myself how can I not be a racist? As long as the government complied statistical differences are so wide, I and many others will consciously and unconsciously pre-judge blacks.

Last night I was talking to a a friend about the United States economic problems and how bleak it looks. He had a positive frame of mind and informed me of his "X-Factor Thesis." He says nearly all Americans were the type-A's of their respective countries, provinces, villages. Those people had the motivation and risk taking characteristics to leave their countries behind, often with little money in their pockets, for a better life in the U.S. That, he says, is what makes our country great and why we will figure our way out of this mess.

Then I thought of American Blacks. Unlike their European, Asian and South American counterparts, the Africans who were brought here had to either be the most gullible, ignorant or slowest moving in their respective communities.

I'll leave it at that before I really get going into under reported genetic differences between the races.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I agree with johnny about the break down of family structure. I blame that one on the industrial revolution. When you don't have a strong male role model you start to idealize the people in your neighborhood so when you see the guy hustlin on the corner you wanna be just like him.

Another problem i think is that people today want everything handed to them. If you want a better life then you have to fight for it nobody gives you nothin.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

im completely racist
but hey thats my freedom of choise
being racist does`nt make you ignorant
just free to make a choise
just ask jessy jackson and al sharpton who has been a spokesman for the black community for years
its totally ok to be racist

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have a huge backstory for this but you can ask me to elaborate on that later..I aim to keep this short..poverty and poor family values and or lack of family all together are the largest factors .its got very little to do with race. put yourself in some of these places and see how you react when the breaking point has been reached....but of course as with anything else this is just one mans opinion

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can remember the first reference to a drive by shooting was in a old black and white gangster film. All the dudes were white. Terminator, Dirty Harry, Rambo, and tons of movies have promoted a violent culture here in America years before rap music. So to blame black people and rap music is extreme. Gotta love Scarface.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Teeky]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Terminator, Dirty Harry, Rambo, and tons of movies have promoted a violent culture here in America years before rap music. So to blame black people and rap music is extreme. Gotta love Scarface.
[edit on 8-12-2008 by Teeky]

I see your point here but I somewhat disagree. People do not really "idolise" Terminator, or Rambo (I mean come on, Sly Stallone
) whereas they do look up to and admire rappers and the life that rappers lead. Maybe people think that they can get there if they practice what is preached in rap and live that lifestyle.
Some rappers do speak out about causing trouble and violence against authority and other members of society and whilst films will do this too there is something different about having that voice telling you over and over in your iPod.

I know what is coming next ... computer games

Just to quickly add ... the quote from Bill Cosby posted by zonatigre was a really moving quote
kudos

[edit on 8-12-2008 by george_gaz]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greysave

Idiot!...

This is some of the most ignorant, non-coherent, racist dribble I have ever stepped in...You are a loss. There is nothing wrong with being black-I say again-NOTHING WRONG with being black!!! All in all, there is nothing wrong with being white, hispanic, asian, etc... Get over your race man...it is not(or should not) who you are. It is nothing more than a starting point...

As far as making movies/entertainment glorifying some events that could be questionable, or portraying a lifestyle in a better than reality manner...white movies are not the only ones guilty! Damn people like you bother me...

OP, good question. I don't have too much to offer in regards to your question, but I can tell you that the "few" times I have been in jail...there was at least a 4:1 ratio of black dudes to white dudes. NOT making any points, just giving my personal observation...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by wookiee

Originally posted by rizla
I think the root cause is poverty.

Show me 'poverty' in the US!

At least one car, two tv's, one of which is widescreen, at least one phone & cellphone.
Housing with air conditioning, so much money, they can buy food a convenience stores that charge 25%± more than grocery stores.

Poverty's not the problem.

Free handouts is the problem, if they were made to work, those numbers would be different.

I happen to live in a community with a lot of black people and I can tell you that poverty is in fact a big part of the problem. Encouraging people to work would help for sure, but so what? people who can't afford school don't make such great workers. So we get back to poverty.

How many of these young black males have plans to go to college? how many have parents that could have saved for a college education?

Poverty is a relative term. Sure people in the US can afford food, but the dividing line, in my opinion, is who can afford a higher education and who cannot.

-rrr

I have seen this kind of statement before...and it is entirely incorrect! I am not going into the whole of the story, but I recently had to drop out of college due to finances...I have virtually no grants available to me-as a 31 year old, able bodied, lower-middle-or upper-lower class, employed, white family man...but I have a friend of mine from school: 29 year old, unemployed, 3 children(2 mothers), unmarried, convicted felon(on probation currently), who has more than enough grants available from many organizations...he only applied to 2, he stated, got all kinds of responses. He took almost $3000 of this monies, and bought a new stereo system for his car, and had a huge barbecue at his house...the meat mostly bought with food stamps...his words, not mine!

Affording school is not the issue, it is completing it!...

By the way...the barbecue was a blast!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Lots of knee-jerk reactions here. I am going to ask some questions that are going to cause a lot more. Ready? Here we go.....

1) What happened economically, financially, and especially food production to South Africa after the white people fell from power?

2) What happened to Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) economically, financially, and food-wise after the white people fell from power?

3) Which black-run country(s) in Africa is 1st world in terms of economics, finances, food production, or standard of living?

4) As a group, which race has the highest standard of living all across the globe?

5) Is there a difference in the type and level of crimes in white "slums" and black "slums"? Is there a difference between those two and asian "slums"? How about compared to native american "slums"?

6) Which country(s) ran by whites is third world? Which by Asians? Which by Hispanics? Which by blacks?

7) Are there innate differences between the races, or is it some cultural factor, or is there no difference? Is there some mitigating force that accounts for those differences, if they exist?

8) Do these questions bother you? If so, why?

Why would the questions bother anyone? Are you CIA or something?

Do you honestly think that the white "powers that be" would leave without getting paid first and taking everything? THATS YOUR ANSWER TO most of your questions, PERIOD. WHITE PEOPLE NEVER FALL FROM POWER! THEY JUST LEAVE!!!!!!!!!! Trust me TPTB know when # is about to happen ahead of time....because they often CONSTRUCT THE SITUATION.

Seriously, dude, who do you think you are fooling?(for further reference see 2008 Global financial meltdown)

"Get paid first then let the little guy get screwed later...I mean what are they gonna do they are POOR!" --i think that is a direct quote

Also, the crimes do differ, please read the thread for more information on your #5

BUT ALL YOUR POST PROVES IS THAT THERE IS A SYSTEMATIC AND PURPOSEFUL DISCRIMINATION AND REPRESSION OF ANY RACE OTHER THAN WHITE. NOT THAT THEY ARE BETTER JUST THAT THEY SO HAPPEN TO CONTROL EVERYTHING.......BECAUSE THEY MADE THE ENTIRE SYSTEM AND MADE EVERYONE CONFORM TO THEM.

ACTUALLY, WHITE PEOPLE BEING IN POWER FROM A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE IS QUITE LATE IN THE GAME AND THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IS....ITS JUST WHITE PEOPLES TURN.

PS: Also, Africa, since colonial times, has been raped and pillaged for its natural resources (not all white peoples fault per se (some greedy black leaders) but white people sure didnt help Africa to maintain its resources) so it could not be fully developed and henceforth sustained poverty for the ENTIRE CONTINENT! I CAN TELL YOU HAVENT ALREADY SO LET ME SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING:
PLEASE READ MY POSTS ABOUT AFRICAN INTELLIGENCE.....ITS NOT THE RACE ITS THE SOCIAL FORCES.......

I hope my answers dont bother you!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Youve got to be kidding 40/40 ratio in prison??? California is 46%hispanic 41% black Whats that leave????

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join