It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculously High Number of Gun Deaths in US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
He must think we have people walking down all the sidewalks with guns threatening the entire country

Yes there are innocent victims that die from guns. There are also MANY more that die from jumping into the crime world.

To the man saying they should be banned...are you a vegetarian? If you are not, I bet all that food you eat is not killed from a "fair" fight.

Once I am old enough I take classes and buy a firearm. It will be stashed away, but I will do this to also support my right to have it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali
Yes you're right, every hick in America should have the right to own a set of rocket launchers, M16's with grenade launchers, military big bore sniper
rifles and a stack of mortars, maybe some fosfor grenades too cuz they
burn flesh to a crisp in such a cool way.

What's wrong? Have a problem with hicks, or you just automatically think they are stupid or something? Typical elite attitude.

Because Americans have proven to be so mature in their use of guns in the past, yanno? It's time they finally get rewarded for their efforts in this area.

Considering how many weapons are in the US, I think we do a pretty good job keeping control of them.

A small part of me thinks: "Fine, let them all blow eachother apart, the world will be a much better and more positive place without them!" But that is just a judgmental part of me that I am trying to work on and get rid of.

Yep, love that attitude, too. "Everyone in America is evil. Hope they all die."

My heart and common sense tells me it is time to take away the gun from
the child, and ban the use of all types of fire arms, for all civilians, without
any exceptions or licenses possibly to be bought or gained. That is the only
right course of action, and I truly hope your new government will put that
into effect as fast as possible.

Right. Criminals don't seek licences for their weapons, so I guess it's OK for them to keep them, huh? Or how about the normal Joe that likes to go to the range, or just hunt? Might as well punish everyone.

Your children and the next generation will be grateful to you, they will be
finally able to walk down the street without being shot for having eyed a
person wrong, or hit in the back by a stray bullet.

Funny, I don't worry about that now.

There is a HUGE difference between guns and knives, people.

Is there? Both are tools and both can be used for good or bad.

In love and good hopes of a complete firearms ban in the USA,
and that includes hunting. No more killing animals for sports, it is
incredibly barbaric, and has no place in a civilized world. If you
really want to go kill a bear or deer, then grab a kitchen knife
and give it your best shot, at least then the odds are fair.

Since when is it a law that hunting must be fair? So, kill a deer with just a knife? How humane is that? Wouldn't a quick shot from a rifle be more humane than having to tackle the animal and stab it?

And it's a "fair fight" for a 180 pound man armed with a hunting knife to go against a 300 pound bear?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Of all those deaths in the U.S., I wonder how many were intruders shot and killed, Criminals shot and killed? Because they would be included in the statistic.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Approximately 700k deaths caused by malpractice annually, there are what 1.5 million docs in the US. There are 80 million gun owners and only 11k deaths, most of which result from criminals illegally in possession of a firearm.

Don't ban guns, arrest the crooks, or shoot them first. And for Pete's sake, know your doctors.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How many people are stabbed to death? Maybe we should ban knives. What about rope? How many people hang themselves because of rope? How about automobiles? How many are killed purposely by the driver? What about our government? Our government kills people all over the world..innocent or not? Should we ban all government?

Anyone see where this is going?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
55% of those are suicides.
source:

The New York Times found 121 cases in which veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan committed a killing in this country, or were charged with one, after their return from war.

Source:

here is a daily accounting .BMP
graph

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What is so hard for the anti freedom crowd to understand? Its right there... in plain english... something I understood when I was about 12 years old.... "Shall not be Infringed." There are no exceptions granted to the government. There are no ands ifs or buts.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

What I don't understand is how someone can claim to support the constitution AND want to ban firearms.

What about the 4th amendment?
What about the 5th amendment?
What about the 9th amendment?
What about the 10th amendment?

If I should be scared of people with guns, why is it that when I go shooting I leave all of my valuables in plain sight for anyone to take and nothing EVER disappears?

Why is it that with all these armed citizens at a gun range, there has NEVER been a mass shooting at one?

Why don't we ever hear about mass murders at gun shows?

If guns are so bad, why does the anti freedom crowd insist upon calling the police when confronted with violence?... is it because criminals respect the law and law enforcement so much that they'll just give up? Or is the real reason because the LEO that comes to your house when you call shows up at your doorstep WITH A GUN?

If guns cause murder and the way to stop gun voilence is with a total ban, how can rape be stopped?

I would urge anyone that believes in FREEDOM and LIBERTY to read about armed self defense (which isn't a crime and therefore doesn't make national headlines) from the links on the right side of this page:

www.keepandbeararms.com...

I won't even mention the confiscation schemes of licensing and registering.

<< 1  2   >>

join