I didn't know what it was or why I was the only one I knew that seemed to automatically understand the real crux of a situation.
This thread is awesome. I was actually thinking of setting up an E-Z board for other empaths. Idea came to me a few weeks ago. Whaddya think? I dnt
wanna pay bandwidth but if someone would help with the admin I'd go there every day. I reckon there's loads of us.
OK. I've dealt with this myself and I know the harsh side, but I'm going to give some tips that helped me to realise the gift aspect of this...
1) A raw food diet great for emotional health. We have a physical immune system, also an emotional immune system, which is closely related to diet. It
sounds like you'all have low emotional immune systems.
Also bad vibes from meat will hurt you.
2) Be selective about company. Don't let people catch on that you're an empath cos they'll use tricks to make you feel like **** and vamp your
3) OK, we are radios right? Well, you guys are only tuning into the pain. You can't really switch off completely (more later) but you can try and
tune in to the holy joy of life. Even if people are depressed there is an underlying joy. I know what you mean about walmart and crowds giving you a
4) I've hung around in an international community for years and I'll tell you; A lot of cool people I know are Yanks, so Im not bashing them, but-
90% of the American people are really emotionally messed up, passive aggressive in the extreme. To top that, most of them have managed the awful art
of telegraphing utter contempt and disrespect under a veneer of politeness. You know all that "intonation". Drives me up the wall. It's actually
very painful. I feel for any empaths over there cos I literally couldn't take it. Again, I've had some good American friends but...
5) You are all focussing on the passive aspect. We are not just receivers but powerful transmitters. We're not supposed to go around picking up
everything, we can broadcast a bit of peace too.
6) YOU CAN SWITCH OFF! Learn how to do it. Again, it comes down to immune systems and practice. If you're taking a beating everytime you go shopping
you'll be drained and ineffectual. Believe me I've been there.
7) Hang around with Asians or central Europeans!!!! I've been doing this for a while now. I'm actually out in China now. A) Asians, in general, are
a lot more self-contained and emotionally mature. It's such a breath of fresh air being around them. Ruskies and Poles are very direct and open
people, same with Germans. B) As far as being around Asians, I'm European, so even if they are feeling bad it's pretty hard for me to tune in! I'm
literally 90 per cent oblivious to they're bad vibes! But if I even so much as walk past a European here I can tune in immediately and their
contempt, anger and self-hatred literally clings to me for hours.
8) Watch comedy. Helps to transmute the bad vibes.
More later... How about that forum???????????? If only two others say yes I'll set it up.
EDIT: Empath forums already exist, wow!
[edit on 6-1-2009 by HiAliens]