It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've asked this question myself and yet no one who thinks the government should be "warning people" has responded.

If YOU were in charge and had this information, how would you handle it?

Let's say you know a major earthquake is going to hit Los Angeles. It would take over two weeks to evacuate the area -- assuming everyone does so calmly, which we know won't happen. Forget moving them 100 miles, the surrounding area can't absorb that many people. You will have to move them to surrounding states.

How would you house them? How would you feed them? Do you force neighboring states to do it? Do you force people to take in families, house them, clothe them and feed them?

You have to realize that any given community's infrastructure cannot handle a large influx of people. There is a lot of money that is sunk into planning for natural population growth. If you have water for 50,000, your current population is 40,000, your community simply cannot accommodate a 25% increase in population.

This fact of life extends into other areas, such as health care, law enforcement, roads, schools, and so forth. Can you imagine the civil unrest in your community if it was forced to house more people than the community was designed to support?

Now, what do you do if the earthquake is predicted to take three years to clean up? You have to permanently relocate those people.

How would you deal with this?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It all depends on the situation and the amount of time you have as i have said in the past. If the Goverment knew a catastrophic event was going to happen and it was going to kill millions mabay 100s of millions. I don't think the Goverment would let it's people know. It would get out though, you could not keep something like that covered up. People who work for the Goverment and notice this stuff, there is allways amature people working on it as well, not working for the Goverment. They would get it out. IMHO!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Did you read the latest www.urbansurvival.com

what it says is horrifying to think of.

But yes, I still believe the govt. should warn people.

Put it this way:

The govt. says : Hey - huge EQ coming - you have a chose to get out of town - though we are not able give you housing or anything like that,
otherwise you can stay here and most likely die.

Now, as a person, knowing the govt. wasn't going to help me when I left, but if I left and found my own housing and food, my life would be spared.

I think the govt. by not telling the people (if they knew) then they in fact are committin murder. Due to the fact a disaster of any magnitude like an EQ is going to kill people.

Hey - at least people have warnings with hurricanes, yes the Red Cross does set up shelters for the people being evacuated - but even if they couldn't pre EQ then that is fine.

I have to also tell you, if there is a big EQ - I am worried regarding the Red Cross being able to handle it, since they are in the Red already. They needed 100 million by the end of the year to try and make up for all the disasters that hit this year.

Honestly - if you read today's update, you will see - it says people will have to survive on their own - and even in 3 years they will still be doing the same basically.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Put it this way:

The govt. says : Hey - huge EQ coming - you have a chose to get out of town - though we are not able give you housing or anything like that,
otherwise you can stay here and most likely die.

Now, as a person, knowing the govt. wasn't going to help me when I left, but if I left and found my own housing and food, my life would be spared.

I think the govt. by not telling the people (if they knew) then they in fact are committin murder. Due to the fact a disaster of any magnitude like an EQ is going to kill people.

Hey - at least people have warnings with hurricanes, yes the Red Cross does set up shelters for the people being evacuated - but even if they couldn't pre EQ then that is fine.

No, put it this way.

The government warns people of hurricanes because they have SCIENTIFIC AND PROVEN methods for detecting such weather patterns way ahead of time.

Earthquakes however much like volcano eruptions are much harder to predict.

Thankfully though our governments do go off on the whims off an alarmist and her scientifically unproven web bots much like they do not listen to alarmists and Nostra damus predictions or any other medium which cannot be proven scientifically.

It's all well and good making assumptions about things you know nothing about, that's easy because you don't know any better and it's quite clear you cannot be bothered or lack the aptitude to actually analise things for yourself so let me simplify things for you.

If an EQ was going to happen and we could predict them in advance with proven scientific methods we would be warned in advance, no doubt about that. However the logistics required for evacuating an area the size of Cali or the New Madrid fault line area would be too huge to contemplate, not to mention the mass panic from alarmist sheeple like yourself leading to many more unneccesary deaths because you simply cannot be rational and form an orderly que to get out of dodge. This is a perfect reason why no sane government would warn people about an impending disaster if they were not at least 90% sure it was going to happen!

Thankfully though there are rational people still on this planet who use common sense, it's the others that are the problem with society and sadly they're becoming more & more a majority

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hope i am right! but there are no real signs predicting eartquakes in my area yet
except ofcourse for the latest riots but then again i would not say they are earthquake related (whil still having similar impact)

so in an optimistic view i dont see this bot thing becoming true!!!

Good luck to everyone

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The web bot picks up on the thoughts of Humanity's collective unconscious. The internet is basically a physical representation of this part of Humanity.

Here in California I've felt a couple of tremors vibrate my school and at the bookstore I was at. The next few days will be interesting ones.

Michael

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
Don't get me wrong, I'm a very open-minded person. But it just seems too convenient to say that it's possible to predict the future with the internet because we don't "fully understand how are brains work."

Remember Occam's Razor? "The simplest explanation tends to be the right one." Now which makes more sense, that our brains have psychic emissions that allow people to predict future seismic events through the internet OR that the web bot is nothing but a search engine?

I'm all for Occam's Razor as a general rule in scientific inquiry, but I don't think you are phrasing the two choices correctly. I would put it more like this. What makes more sense, that data sets collected by a web bot show when emotional releases occur allowing for predictions to be made or that the events which occur are just coincidentally similar to what the web bot predicted? Occam would say they are just coincidences because the simplest explanation tends to be the right one. Unfortunately, there is some wiggle room there. As the number of hits increases and becomes less likely to be just a coincidence, then the simplest explanation might not be the one that makes the most sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

The problem is that statistics alone can be enough to make many predictions, and that does not mean that they can know the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

You obviously did not read the question and instead attacked.

You need to read what the scenerio was first, before going on about a "research' project.

The question was "if the govt. knew FOR SURE" something was going to happen.

The question was not asked in the hypothetical - it was asked in the absolute.

So then - was my answer in the absolute of the govt KNOWING something
was going to happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
By the way:

The 10 days from the begining of this thread has passed.

We have now offically have entered the time frame of the webbot prediction. Dec. 10th -15th

Just wanted everyone aware of that -
It is not "10 days until" anymore

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
The question was not asked in the hypothetical - it was asked in the absolute..

So it was not a hypothetical answer I was commenting on, or do you just not know what hypothetical means ?

My points still stand though, hypothetical or not but I guess this isn't a thread for facts & logic.

And yes we can tell the date & time so we know it's the 10th, you don't need to keep telling us despite how alarmed you are to the event most of us do not share that same sentiment due to being both rational & logical.

Been monitoring the USGS and there's nothing out of the ordinary happening so it looks like the web bots are going to fail you as they did say the quake would strike today and you'll have to find some new hokey predictions to scare yourself up about, I hear 2012 & Nibiru are all the rage right now

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
well well well,
its been ten days and im still waiting on armageddon, I mean those terrible earthquakes that are suppose to be happening today. Where are they?

oops sorry, I did not notice there was a 5-days buffer zone on the prediction.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by imdeceived]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Did you read this entire thread? I'm not convinced you have. If this thread doesn't 'appeal' to your typical fact or proof thread, and furthermore not to your liking, or acceptance, then you duly have a choice to avoid it. Especially when you essentially 'attack' what the OP is saying.

Simple, really, isn't it old chum?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
there was a magnitude 6.0 earthquake today.... only big one so far but not quite big enough to call webbot right. needs to be 7.0 or higher to get my attention.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by sciencenewby]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by imdeceived

Ya sure dere,the window has just opened.mate.Don't crow just yet or ya might hafta eat it.I want to say that in my worldview,prediction is a form of reading higher and higher probabilities.I consult the I CHING because it works well for me.Just remember no future event is a done deal.We might be holding off the manifestation with our concerted attention.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Respect to the Ye King.

It always drained me. Used to carry three pennies in my pocket.

Nothing like a direct line to the Universe.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

yes exactly, the web-bot may be useful for predicting human related phenomenon such as finances, wars or revolution but when it comes to things outside of this it is irrelevant. I sincerely hope people understand this.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

yes exactly, the web-bot may be useful for predicting human related phenomenon such as finances, wars or revolution but when it comes to things outside of this it is irrelevant. I sincerely hope people understand this.

And those things can be "predicted" with a little logic and knowledge of future events. For example, with the current economic situation in America, how difficult is it to predict more economic woes? Not very.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Totakeke]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Comrad Questioningall, I believe you owe me a BIG "Im sorry", but I suspect you are not a big enough person for that; but maybe I'm wrong about your abilities to say that you are wrong.

You state, that I have stated that I'm a seismologist; NO I have never stated that. Please pull it up for everyone to see, if you can prove that I said that, and show where you got it from. You will not be able to pull that up anywhere on this site nor anywhere else.

Nor have I wrote about some earthquake that you write about in Ill, that took place in April.

Show me where I discounted all of the small earthquakes in New Madrid last week. In fact I was not on this site last month, only within this week. So why would I even consider those other stupid earthquakes that you pulled up, they are not precursor earthquakes.

You are bringing up old stuff, that I had nothing to do with.

All I'm writing about is that the Web Bots Prediction for a HUGE EARTHQUAKE here in the central USA is a joke; and so far all of my equipment shows that that is impossible within the next 3 days from today. I have stated smaller ones can occur at this time in the central USA, but there will be "NO" Huge Earthquake in the Central USA between Memphis-Denver or Dallas-Pierre. Simply because there are absolutely NO PRECURSOR signals anywhere at this moment in time for such a huge earthquake to strike in that region.

A precursor is only detectable within days to weeks of a huge earthquake striking, and there has been no precursor in the region I'm watching over during the last week, as I have stated here on ATS.

So, none of what I have written has been false. Not one word of it has been false. THere will be NO HUGE EARTHQUAKE in the central USA in the next few days, that is a 100% guarantee. So... all of you folks out there don't need to go and strap down your water heaters, and stock up on unneccesary food; because there will be no huge earthquake measuring 6.0 or larger in magnitude in the region I have described; at least not in the next few days, and those days are definitely in the window of Web Bots Prediction, that is worthless.

So all of your postings about me have been a flat out lie by you, questioningall. It looks like you really do want to scare the people out there, and there is absolutely no reason for those people to be scared, simply because there is not going to be a HUGE EARTHQUAKE in the central USA within the next three days.

If there was going to be a "Huge Earthquake" in the Web Bot time window of December 10th through the 15th here in the Central USA, then I would track it down, and tell all of you here on ATS all about it. I would tell you how deep it would be, what its isosiesmic map looks like giving you the idea of just how large it would be, and I would tell you exactly where the fault was, and its pinpointed epicenter and focus. But there is nothing out there. There would have to be precursor signals eminating from such a site under pressure, and so far there is absolutely nothing, so all of you can sleep soundly, at least for the next few days, since there are no signals. Web Bot and you questioningall are starting to scare a lot of people for nothing, and you are lieing trying to make yourself look good.

Somehow questioningall, I'm starting to think that you are in with those Web Bot people, am I right? I'm starting to think that you are trying to get supporters for Web Bot. Well, I'll tell you right here and now, Web Bot is not getting any of its information from "Nature" on its predictions of Huge Earthquakes striking, and you questioningall absolutely know absolutely nothing about earthquakes except what you can copy off of the internet.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I'm not saying I don't believe you.
I am just wondering, why is it that you have all this special equipment that is obviously so good at predicting Earthquakes and yet no seismologist has the same?
It seems like if you are 'in the know' about this then there must be others, meaning, that there would be seismologists everywhere being able to predict any earthquakes that might happen soon.
And it just seems weird to me that you are the sole person out there who knows that there is not going to be an Earthquake.
And that these amazing tools you have would have been eaten up by the seismologists already... if, in fact, they are accurate.

on another note, I am pretty sure questioningall didn't mean to offend you with the seismologist remark. They are human just like you and may have misread your post, or assumed from your first post that you were a seismologist even though you didn't explicitly say it.
I don't believe the OP is out trying to fear monger.
I don't believe the OP is out trying to make webbot popular.
What happened was that the OP mentioned the webbot prediction - and THEN started getting all these stories of weird animal happenings.
And since the deadline is not past yet, so far, it all seems to be fitting together.

That doesn't mean it's true.
It could happen.
It could not.
But sitting here dissing on the OP for trying to prepare is ridiculous.
That's like dissing on schools for having fire alarms.
Just because we don't know if there is going to be a fire or not doesn't mean we shouldn't be ready in case there is one.
The same goes for this.
The OP is not fearmongering.
They are in fact not even telling the stories, but merely compiling them.
So.
I would give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
And if the OP is wrong... well. Okay. Whatever. Nothing bad comes out of the OP being wrong, so, who really cares?
It sounds like you're the one getting scared, because you're the one complaining about fearmongering anyways.
Just give the OP a break.
If it doesn't happen, the world will still spin, and the OP's threads will not have hurt you in anyway.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join