It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Dec. 8th UPDATE ON www.urbansurvival.com

The Quake Ahead

Most important item this week, or at least it will be when it arrives later in the week: The 'twin quakes" in the predictive linguistic work out of www.halfpasthuman.com. Cliff (and Igor) busily telling folks they hope to be wrong on this, but at the same time I hear the values are still accreting (accumulating) in modelspace.

In their latest report for www.halfpasthuman.com subscribers, and after going through many paragraphs of descriptor sets filling out clarifying some of the imagery to be expected via the teevee late this week and into next, the chief time monk goes off whistling in the graveyard...

"Of course we are probably wrong about this. And if you claim, as does George, that we are 'boating on the river of denial' about this, we respond well, maybe so, but the fishing is nice on de nile this time of year."

Since Cliff's off fishing, my best expectation is that the first of the 'twin quakes' will be along between Wednesday and Friday of this week, maybe tomorrow late.

If the 'George Theorem' holds (e.g. the longer something is in modelspace before an event, the bigger the impacts will be once the event shows up in real-time) I'm expecting something Banda Aceh or larger for at least one of the quakes...

I'll see if I can get permission to post the quake portion publicly or if there are new values coming in over the next day or two.

And, if you don't get knocked off your feet, try clicking here to see when they happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Do you know what? I actually truly believe you get your kicks out of this. Why on earth are you constantly posting this prediction nonsense when the potential outcome of it is all is to spread misery and gloom amongst those who choose to believe you? If fearmongering is your thing then karma to you buddy.

You do realise that you have positioned yourself on the same pedestal as Blossom Goodchild and her October 14th facade? I sincerely hope that when this doesn't happen you publicly apologise on here and refrain from posting such depressing drivel in the future.

PS - if it does happen then you alone are responsible for broadcasting this message on ATS. A message which predicts the death of potentially thousands of people. Do you actually want to be proved right in order to prove your point?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

To those close-minded naysayers though.. I am interested to hear from you what compels you to post in a thread like this. Seriously. Tell me why you post.

Why not just laugh to yourself and click away? I inquire out of pure curiosity. Internet psychology fascinates me just as much as the possibility that precognitive data may be gleaned off of the very new and revolutionary information age that we are just scratching the surface of... so please, tell me what drives you to post your mockery?

This site disapproves of open mockery, but you have to steel yourself against the occasional joke. I suspect however that you are one of many who has little in the way of evidence, but much in the way of messianic zeal regarding your theories.

ATS does not exist for the promotion of such theories, it exists for the analysis of them, and if you exclude doubt, then you exclude rational analysis.

Get more evidence, and grow a thicker skin. Do you think everyone agreed with Einstein?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter

Do you know what? I actually truly believe you get your kicks out of this. Why on earth are you constantly posting this prediction nonsense when the potential outcome of it is all is to spread misery and gloom amongst those who choose to believe you? If fearmongering is your thing then karma to you buddy.

You do realise that you have positioned yourself on the same pedestal as Blossom Goodchild and her October 14th facade? I sincerely hope that when this doesn't happen you publicly apologise on here and refrain from posting such depressing drivel in the future.

PS - if it does happen then you alone are responsible for broadcasting this message on ATS. A message which predicts the death of potentially thousands of people. Do you actually want to be proved right in order to prove your point?

I am actually at a loss of words in replying to your post, but I am still going to.

Okay, I am NOT Goodchild - I have NOT predicted these quakes - myself - I am relaying the information from what has been a reliable source in the past of predicting emotional events - be it quakes, economic, terrorist, etc.

Now, by my broadcasting these predictions - I am not at all causing people to be afraid - what I am doing and lots of others in the ATS community is doing - is submitting information about quakes and things to do to prepare, how better to survive them and overall good knowledge for prepardness for any disaster.

Now - you are then whacking me for posting this - then you turn around and almost say I will be completely to blame if it does happen?

I want more than anything else for the webbot's to be WRONG - but if they are not......dont' you think people who have read this thread, have maybe prepared things, they had not before: food, water, strapping in the hot water heater, flashlights, etc.

Then how could you DARE make a statement - "

if it does happen then you alone are responsible for broadcasting this message on ATS. A message which predicts the death of potentially thousands of people."

IF in fact "it does happen" than Many more lives may have been saved by this thread, than loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your statement right there - is one of the most disgusting uninformed statements I believe on this whole thread postings!

This thread and the others are about "SAVING LIVES"! "If it happens"

Maybe, just maybe - people have gotten extra food together, stored some water, gotten batteries, gotten gas, the list goes on the on - because they are in an earthquake area - which all those things can be used - earthquake or no earthquake.

This is about awareness - not about fear!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

What makes you say these things?You have the Blossom thing and throw it in the OP face like they actually are somehow related.How are they similar?The animals do appear to be acting VERY STRANGELY.Water tables do seem to be fluctuating in the area in focus here.Besides,none here are captive audience,we chose to read this stuff.So again what is your point?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Comrads, I believe in science, that knowledge in science will set you free, just like the truth can set you free.

The Web Bot is not a science in predicting earthquakes currently because nobody has shown the rest of the world the science of how to detect earthquakes in advance; until that happens, the Web Bot is a joke in predicting Major Earthquakes.

But I enjoy the OP for doing what the OP is doing; which is basically letting the Web Bot get a bad reputation for going into an area in which it tries to predict the future of Nature, without any scientific relevance to Nature what-so-ever.

There is nothing wrong with what the OP is doing and the OP is catching a lot of slack from the "wild ones". Every now and then, we all get wild, and that is to be expected also. So, carry on OP, we are all interested in the future, or we wouldn't be reading your post!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wow! talk about rude!! If you feel this way why did you read 20 something pages of this thread? Do you just need a "good Monday morning Argument" to get your week off to a good start? Honestly can you answer that question.

You better pray that this DOES NOT happen!! Blossom Goodchild was nothing more than BS!! If you can stop and look at the Scientific evidence collectively and not compartmentalize then you would see the BIGGER picture.

I don't know whether we will have a devastating earthquake or not, but if you can push past your fear you will see SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!!!

There is nothing wrong with bringing awareness to people! We have become a complacent bunch! And that is a very dangerous place to be and most likely when disaster catches us off guard! Why not just be prepared PERIOD!!

If you don't like the message, don't kill the messenger!! Do your own research and see what you find. Then, as objectively as possible, post your thoughts!

[edit on 8-12-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree, this is nothing like Goodchild.

The op has not claimed to have channeled anything, and is not selling anything, like Goodchild was.

All they have done, from what i can see, is tried to compile information from (mostly) credible sources, and warn people of a potential large threat. Nothing wrong in that.

I'd rather prepare for a large disaster and have it not happen, than to have to deal with the aftermath of a large disaster totally unprepared.

Plus, if I remember right, the op is in Tennessee, an area that would likely be demolished in a New Madrid quake right now. I can understand their concern.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just wanted to voice my respect for the OP for this posting and whether or not anything happens on the proposed dates. I think that this has been a well thought out idea and you should be relived to know that most of us are behind your investigative insights. It clearly shows that you are looking out for your fellow brother and sister and willing to take the extra effort and criticism that has been placed on your task. It is nice to know that there are people in this world that are so forthright and caring.

If all humans where this diligent earth would be a better place. So hold your head high. Even if this leads to nothing it accomplishes a system that can be revived at a later time. I hope people will learn that it’s the efforts like this that are truly meaningful in the tough times that humanity faces.

I sincerely hope that you continue on with your efforts because most of us support your findings.

Thanks
Arc

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If Tesla is right and the OP is wrong, then the worst outcome is that people prepared for a disaster that didn't come, and the OP looks a bit foolish.

If the OP is right and Tesla is wrong, then the results are devastating.

Seems to me it is better to err on the side of caution.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I have a question - first you said you were a seismologist - then you admitted you were not - so that one whole thread was "false".

Now you are going on and on about there not being any type of problems in the New Madrid area.

So.........
that means you have discounted the earthquake in Ill. in April.
You have discounted the small EQ's that have happened on the New Madrid fault last week
You have discounted the EQ's that happened in Arkansas last week.

So - you are trying to say "you are the expert" and there has been "nothing" that has happened seismology wise around there.

2008 August 30 00:46:00 UTC

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 08 30 00:46:00 UTC
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
13.7 kilometers
Region
ILLINOIS
Distances
NEAR Cape Girardeau, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) NW of Cairo, Illinois
170 km (105 miles) SSE of St. Louis, Missouri
280 km (175 miles) ESE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.9 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=28, Nph=45, Dmin=5.9 km, Rmss=0.22 sec, Gp=68.4 degrees
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID nmhnw0830a

the above was right at the New Madrid

2008 November 18 11:28:37 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 11 18 11:28:37 UTC
Depth
7.9 kilometers
Region
TENNESSEE
Distances
20 km (10 miles) S of New Madrid, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) W of Union City, Tennessee
150 km (90 miles) NNE of Memphis, Tennessee
335 km (210 miles) SE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=22, Nph=32, Dmin=5 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=50.4 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1118a

Magnitude 2.5 WESTERN KENTUCKY
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 10:59:53 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 10:59:53 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 04:59:53 AM local time at epicenter

Depth
4 kilometers
Region
WESTERN KENTUCKY
Distances
25 km (15 miles) E of Cairo, Illinois
25 km (15 miles) W of Paducah, Kentucky
215 km (135 miles) SE of St. Louis, Missouri
315 km (195 miles) SSE of SPRINGFIELD, Illinois

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate not available, held by USGS NEIC to another agency's solution
Parameters
not available
Source
Center for Earthquake Research and Information, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Event ID uslrbs

Magnitude 1.6 SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
2008 December 05 12:57:24 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 12 05 12:57:24 UTC
Depth
5.5 kilometers
Region
SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
Distances
15 km (10 miles) WSW of New Madrid, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) S of Sikeston, Missouri
160 km (100 miles) NNE of Memphis, Tennessee
315 km (195 miles) SE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=19, Nph=31, Dmin=1 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=100.8 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1205a

Magnitude 2.5 ARKANSAS
2008 December 03 19:21:51 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 12 03 19:21:51 UTC
Depth
0.1 kilometers
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
35 km (25 miles) N of Conway, Arkansas
55 km (35 miles) SSW of Mountain View, Arkansas
60 km (40 miles) WNW of Searcy, Arkansas
75 km (45 miles) N of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 4.6 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=9, Nph=10, Dmin=71.6 km, Rmss=0.37 sec, Gp=180 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1203a

This is one, scientist are very concerned about, as it happened, where it should not have. They are now watching the area very closely!

Magnitude 2.5 INDIANA
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 21:32:32 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 21:32:32 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 05:32:32 PM local time at epicenter

Depth
5 kilometers
Region
INDIANA
Distances
20 km (10 miles) NE of Vincennes, Indiana
25 km (15 miles) NW of Washington, Indiana
60 km (40 miles) E of Olney, Illinois
150 km (95 miles) SW of INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate: horizontal +/- 13.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Parameters
Nst=4, Nph=4, Dmin=62.2 km, Rmss=0.13 sec, Erho=13.7 km, Erzz=0 km, Gp=161.5 degrees
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID usrhc1

So, now Russian Scientist - ALL of your postings - have now been proven to be FALSE!

There ARE earthquakes that have been happening in the New Madrid area just in the last couple of months. I did not include the big one that happened in Ill. in April.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Now, by my broadcasting these predictions - I am not at all causing people to be afraid -

Quite frankly, while you are not causing me to be afraid, I WAS afraid for having read this thread and the other equakes/webbot doom threads.

Fear mongering does seem an appropriate label. You can deny up and down that you are fear mongering because you are doing other things as well but having started three threads on this supposed upcoming earthquake is a little much.

Where is the scientific rigor behind the map that compares animal behaviour annomalies with the effects of the quakes centuries ago? Did viewing the effects of the earthquakes map influence the construction and analysis that went behind the animal behaviour annomaly map?

I guess it's a clash of feelings. Some people feel that a giant earthquake is coming and they need to get the word out while some people see people jumping up and down about some major earthquake coming and are paralyzed with fear.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If this event is going to happen, why won't the Goverment warn the people in the area where its going to happen. I mean if Webbot knows its going to happen and this thread has all this informtion won't the Goverment know alot more and be able to protect its people.

Or is it a case where the goverment knows it going to happen and dosen't give a flying feck about its people?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

The problem is that nobody really knows!

The web-bot people say just that the words that the web-bot found point to something that they can relate to earthquakes, but they are not sure about it.

And despite my search (but maybe I didn't searched as deep as I should) I couldn't find any real confirmation of the supposed high percentage of right predictions (and no, pointing to a page that could have been altered after the event is not going to convince me
) made by this web-bot.

PS: people should not call it "the web-bot", there are thousands of web-bot, this is just one more.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

it never ceases to amaze me at the twisted thinking of people like you; blossom goodfloozy was a bs channeler trying to sell a book;

this is about strange happenings, commonly know as precursors for earthquakes, and reports of earth quake predictions;

but I surmise someone of you ilk would rather sit back in your bliss of ignorance and not have a clue that something strange is happening.

actually, if you are so offended and upset, why are you even here?

'Tis better to be alert and forewarned and nothing happen than be ignorant and have the house burn down;

also appears to me that most of the people posting here are genuinely concerned and glad for the heads up.

you, sir, need to learn the rules of tact and decorum when engaging in a discussion instead of blasting the OP for no apparent reason.

seeker

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

you are the reason i will continue to debunk cases like this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

And despite my search (but maybe I didn't searched as deep as I should) I couldn't find any real confirmation of the supposed high percentage of right predictions (and no, pointing to a page that could have been altered after the event is not going to convince me
) made by this web-bot.

Well, having personally read every day of the blog at urbansurvival.com from January 08 up to the present day, I can confirm that the following predictions were acurately made prior to the events happening. These are all there for your viewing in the archives at urbansurvival, although you'll have to do a bit of digging and a lot of reading. As far as prior to that, I believe George Ure would do nothing to change the archives because there is nothing for him to personally gain by doing so. If you really wanted to verify the other earlier ones, find someone who subscribes to the ALTA runs and have them verify the predictions prior to January. Anyway, on to the hits from this year...

1) The first prediction I remember was that the wind activity was going to be unusually active throughout the year, including tornadoes and hurricanes.

Tornado Article

With the year not even half done, 2008 is already the deadliest tornado year in the United States since 1998 and seems on track to break the U.S. record for the number of twisters in a year, according to the National Weather Service. Also, this year's storms seem to be unusually powerful.

Need more proof? Check the yearly tornado statistics

2. The second hit was the major quake that rocked China. They were off on the location, thinking it may strike the U.S., but they were practically perfect on the timing, missing by only one day. The quake was somehow going to be tied to a wedding and many thought it referred to Jena Bush's wedding day. In reality, the pictures that hit the mainstream media were from a photographer in China who was taking pictures for a wedding that day.

Half Past Human Article at Reality Sandwich

They may have missed the mark on a few details, but they sure got the big one right. And a few little ones, too, including predictions of media coverage around a "wedding interrupted." This made more sense when AP images started to show up on outlets like CNN and the BBC showing a bride and groom surrounded by rubble after the quake hit in the middle of their ceremony.

3. The next was that Pakastani President Musharraf was going to be removed from office. If I remember correctly, this was made at the beginning of the summer, around June.

Pakistani President Musharraf Article

Aug. 15, 2008 (LPAC)-- The process of removal of the Pakistani President Musharraf to serve the British and Saudi interests is now in full progress and news reports indicate that Musharraf will be left with no choice but to resign before this weekend is over.

4. Finally, for the entire year that I've been reading, they predicted the global economy problems which would begin with the fall of the stock markets and would "crashcade" for the next 6 months into the early spring. These would begin in early October, around the 6th or 8th as the language shifted from "tension building" to "release". I don't feel I need to post any links to these events, as it's self-evident if you've been awake and breathing the past two months.

And now, here we are a couple days away from their window for twin quakes to happen.

I would like to add that there were a few instances where they brought up things that could happen, that never came to pass or didn't really make a big splash in the main stream media. One in particular was the shooting down of the U.S. satellite during the spring. They also had predicted a monument being taken over during a protest and a female figure emerging from S. America. While there were potential hits with these two events, they didn't make the headlines or end up being prominent focuses of attention here in the U.S. The Ingred Betancourt hostage rescue was thought at the time to be the female figure emerging from S. America.

The bottom line, in my mind, is that they have had enough hits to warrant some attention and prepare as necessary.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

Thanks, a star for helping me denying my ignorance.

The problem with all these predictions (and I am not only talking about the predictions from this web-bot) is that we tend to focus only on the right ones, forgetting the wrong ones.

Considering both right and wrong predictions, can you (or anyone else) point to a percentage of right predictions to events that are not under control of human beings? That is my problem with this whole situation, one thing is a prediction of something that is somewhat human-controlled, like politics or economics, and a completely different thing is something not under human control like weather and earthquakes.

Oh, and bad weather and big earthquakes are easily predicted, and I think most (if not all) earthquakes can happen during someone's wedding.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I kinda love the web-bot predictions on the markets, they have been very good at knowing when and what caused the problem or solution. They have in the past showed that some of their skills in finding wording that would speculate as revolution and quakes. In their post today at this location ( www.urbansurvival.com... ) They do go onto say this ( "Of course we are probably wrong about this. And if you claim, as does George, that we are 'boating on the river of denial' about this, we respond well, maybe so, but the fishing is nice on de nile this time of year."). I hope this quake does not happen anywhere, but they did give a longatude and a latitude in their discriptions. #36 degrees and a 32 degrees, that would put it around the Califorinia and coast of the NW. They did mention the Madrid but more centered on the NW and California. Look at a map and see where it may fall. I believe one of the first post says the correct reading as far as the location. But so far I have read it every morning to the financial picture of the market. They are good at that. But earthquakes ?. You say the OP is a little frantic right now, and may be because she/he wants to believe it will happen, and if she/he believes that than she feels she is doing a service to all by posting. Thanks my take on it. Hope it does not happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join