It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason I fear the God of the bible: science

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by moonrat

Thank you for participating in this thread with the maximum your intelligence allows.
I'm sure those who share your IQ will star you in droves. Feel free to return and contribute something that is actually on topic if you are capable.

reply to post by reject

Scientific foreknowledge found within the Bible is a fascinating subject. Most examples can be found within the Torah while numerous other examples are found throughout The Writings. Medical, sanitary, scientific, etc. Several books have been written on the subject and it's probably my favorite area of apologetics to study, second only to prophecy.

[edit on 11/28/2008 by AshleyD]

wait so drowning every living person on earth in a huge flood ISN'T mass murder / genocide etc..it's YOUR "HIM" right?

since .. somehow it's like.. "ok" to do right?

so to the OP...

3) - don't screw your siblings.. if you need a book to tell you that.. then we're done talking.

2) - don't drink blood. if you're not a vampire raise your hand.

1) - use condoms or be smart about who you are intimate with. if you have common sense, I'm sure you're STD free.

yaaaaay we can accomplish all these AND MORE without a freaking BOOOK written by the Council of Nicea in order to rule the behavior patterns of the population of the Roman Empire!! yaaaaay!

-

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Synthetic and from scratch seem to be two loosely used terms within the field of biochemistry.

Therefore, a question for those that know.

Can the process be done without the introduction or supplementation of any parts or pieces from existing life forms or cells?

yes

we fully synthesis every component from condons up the enzymes they need the lot then use a little chemistry know how to put em together and kick start them

some like to borrow codons from living cells for ease but we can and do still make them it just saves them picking and arranging them in the exact order, didnt you read the third link?

and thats 2 years old so it moved on further the experiments it mentioned of a research team that got a huge grant to try and make none dna dependant scrath built life should be well underway already though i havnt heard of any results the have released

the only time you need already living cells is for synthetic retro viruses to reproduce to give you plenty to test with

you introduce the synthetic virus's like HIV-1 and 2 to living cells and let then do exactly what they do, attack, transfer codones into the dna strand and get the cell reproducing more virus's which then escape ad infect more

once youve built them you use living cells to mass produce them to save you the effort of having to keep assembling more

and why use living cells to do it? they are quicker and far cheaper to just drain a little blood from someone then build

[edit on 5/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by reject

if you want to do away with people who casue genocidal tradegy God is top of the list

he hates abortion but revels in killing babies

he says peace to all men the orders massacers in his name

hell even Hitler was his friend

If there is a God entity, then I propose this entity is Biploar,Bisexual,
Anal Retentive,Schizophrenic,Sociopathic,Obsessive Complusive, and has a acute case of ADHD.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
[

yaaaaay we can accomplish all these AND MORE without a freaking BOOOK written by the Council of Nicea in order to rule the behavior patterns of the population of the Roman Empire!! yaaaaay!

To all those who want to harbor the things they don't understand (which the Bible tells us, we aren't able to understand it all:

New American Standard Bible (©1995) 1 Corinthians 13:12 >>
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.----

Try, just try letting go of what you don't understand, and be open to the Good News that "For God so loved the world He gave His Only begotten Son" --- what brought God to this extreme measure to try to form an alliance with His creations? I don't know, I don't expect to ever know, but I do know He made the most incomprehensible sacrifice in history in order to save us from eternal damnation. You guys want to make it so complicated, when God made it so very easy, just believe and be saved.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
couldnt have said it bette

Originally posted by Bombeni

To all those who want to harbor the things they don't understand ----

Try, just try letting go of what you don't understand,
and seek answers no blanket one size fits all generalisations that when accepted prevent further inquiry

question then seek answers no matter how much they conflict with you views and beliefs of faith

the truth is the truth even if you wish to deny it, dont settle for generalisations look for the truth and only accept it when you get there

not becasue someone said it true or becasue its in a book check what they say, validate everything, think about everything and above all question EVERYTHING

dont accept someone did it, learn how they did it?, why they did it?, could they really have done it in the first place? was it just attributed to them through ignorance of the evidence?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Ok yall smart butts ..lets hear how you would handle this world and all the people in it ? And all that is happening in it ..and all that will happen in it ....etc etc .......
Lets hear your plan and see how much better your plan is than Gods .
Especially since you do not even see beyond your eyes (You cannot see the whole picture ) and you cannot see the future or the past even (since we are limited on finding out exactly what happened back then ) ..I mean my God you do not even know WHY YOU ARE HERE or HOW YOU EVEN GOT HERE >>..

So lets hear it ?oh grand man ..lets hear it .....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

your assuming god is real and he has a plan

the fact is the world is what man makes of it, believing in somthing that cant or wont interfer in no way improves anything

just writes off personal responsability for yourself and humanity, why do people starve all over the world? is it gods plan? or is that to many think it is so dont help as mcuh as the can?

so by his very nature of being able to help change the world makes any action he takes better then god is doing

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Noob ...come on and play with me ..lets just assume that he is real okay ...
I would really love to hear what you would do ....
I posted in RANT at BTS .."If God had a suggestion box".please entertain me with your wisdom in that thread ...
I play with you in your threads ..now its my turn ...come play with me pretty please .....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

Noob ...come on and play with me ..lets just assume that he is real okay ...
I would really love to hear what you would do ....
if he was real?
i would do what he ordered us to do

stone people that work on the sabbath and disrespecting children and animals and adulterers and id kill my daily lambs and beg for mercy for fear of hell for fear of offending him and he kills my friends and family instead of punishes me

id kill the none beleivers and tear down thier places of worship, id stone women that are raped and dont scream loud enough to be heard

id love my neighbour as i love my self as long as he is one of us other wise id kill him with the wantten glee god comands when following his orders

why what would you do?

I posted in RANT at BTS .."If God had a suggestion box".please entertain me with your wisdom in that thread ...
I play with you in your threads ..now its my turn ...come play with me pretty please .....

if god had a suggetion box what would i write ..... try harder you really messed it all up and ignoring it wont make it better, you broke it now fix it and for goodness sakes get rid of all religeon it only leads to hate and war not love and acceptance for all just the few that share our view

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Come on Noob ...your very scientific minded and think you have the answers .
I would love to hear what you would do ..

Lets say like ..if mankind was just out of control and would listen to no one and just doing as they all wanted to do (sort of like it is now) .
What would you do to change it ?

I know one thing you Scientific minded ones are doing ...modify behaviours using chemicals etc ..(which obviously is not working ) ....
Or create your own beings (Computer modeled humans with no free will and no soul ) ,........(Clones etc)

Even though those are very interesting things to try ...you have no idea (since you cannot see the whole picture or the future) how that would end up .In fact it could very well be the actually demise of the entire human race ..(which would not actually be fixing anything but creating a whole other worldy disaster)

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Come on Noob ...your very scientific minded and think you have the answers .
I would love to hear what you would do ..
thats the whole point an athiest is just someone asking for evidence before they dive off the cliff

if god were proven to exist then i can deny or accept, the evidence would say true then i would be inclined to accept

and so i would follow his words and wishes a supreme bieng of divinity and start collecting a big pile of rocks ready to carry out his wishes as set out in the bible

Lets say like ..if mankind was just out of control and would listen to no one and just doing as they all wanted to do (sort of like it is now) .
What would you do to change it ?
id educate people, education leads to undersatnding and acceptance

it tears down then and us mentality religeon breeds by its very nature of having saved and unsaved. itremoves the fear of the not undertood no need for demons and pixies and magic folk to explain away reality and make us scared of it

I know one thing you Scientific minded ones are doing ...modify behaviours using chemicals etc ..(which obviously is not working ) ....
Or create your own beings (Computer modeled humans with no free will and no soul ) ,........(Clones etc)
as opposed to straight good old fashioned brainwashing using fear and insecurity?

maybe we should take the religeous way and just make them so scared they conform on pain of death or ostrasisation

Even though those are very interesting things to try ...you have no idea (since you cannot see the whole picture or the future)
and you can? now be honest

how that would end up .In fact it could very well be the actually demise of the entire human race ..(which would not actually be fixing anything but creating a whole other worldy disaster)

screw up the world to bring on the rapture .... sounds familiar

how about educate the masses properly and make a better world .... i like this option and no need for magic and fairy dust either which is a bonus

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
so what would you do if god were proven?

follow what religeon tells you to do or follow gods own words as laid out in his book?

would you pile up the rocks in readyness or defie god and go with what the church says?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

You said---------"dont accept someone did it, learn how they did it?, why they did it?, could they really have done it in the first place? was it just attributed to them through ignorance of the evidence? "

I can only tell you that I don't have to do all these investigations you suggest. I already know, better than I know if the sun will rise tomorrow, that God exists and that Jesus is everything He said He was.

In another post you yammer about stoning people for work on the sabbath, killing goats etc. That was thousands of years ago. THere are a lot of things that were acceptable at that time that we don't do anymore. If you lived back then, you might have stoned someone for certain "code violations" because it was part of society. And apparently God didn't care for it much, as He told the people w/o sin to cast the first stone. He also became the ultimate sacrifice --- how could any animal sacrifice mean anything after that?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I can only tell you that I don't have to do all these investigations you suggest. I already know, better than I know if the sun will rise tomorrow, that God exists and that Jesus is everything He said He was.

and seek answers no blanket one size fits all generalisations that when accepted prevent further inquiry

question then seek answers no matter how much they conflict with you views and beliefs of faith

yes why question ans understand when you can just have faith ignorance is bliss after all shall we all dive in and wallow in it?

shall we not find ways to grow more crops to feed the masses and stop them starving? shall we not find new medicines and procedures to cure the ill?

shall we stop defying gods plan and let them die when thier time is due? ratehr then interfere ?

god did it to them for a reason after all

In another post you yammer about stoning people for work on the sabbath, killing goats etc. That was thousands of years ago.
gods word is unchanging

or do you follow the church not god?

THere are a lot of things that were acceptable at that time that we don't do anymore. If you lived back then, you might have stoned someone for certain "code violations" because it was part of society.
and more importantly IT IS GODS WILL

And apparently God didn't care for it much, as He told the people w/o sin to cast the first stone. He also became the ultimate sacrifice --- how could any animal sacrifice mean anything after that?
then later demanded that they do just that and follow god will

did he say not to sacrifice? no god will still stands

do you follow god or the church? do you have your pile of rocks at the ready to carry out gods will or pamphlets to carry out the churches?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

After Jesus completed the Work of the Cross, where does God tell us to sacrifice? You stated that after Jesus was crucified that God tells us to still sacrifice and I would like to see that scripture.

It is my understanding that the blood atonement of Christ could never be trumped. No reason anyway. From Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, our atonement with God was made thru belief on His Son Jesus. Can you provide scripture to what you are saying?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Noobb ....how would you educate >?Isnt that what GOD was trying to do by him telling his people to write down all that he had told them to do (live by etc) and make sure that everyone has a chance to read it ...(The Ten Commandments etc and of course The NT).etc ...........................

If as you say you wanted to educate people ...and you were a spirit like GOD is ...wouldnt you need to get someone down here to write it for you ?of would you just create a book with everything in it man needs to know and magically leave it on the desktop of every computer >? No ..no one would read it in fact I bet they would just delete it and say that did not come from GOD ..etc ...just like they will not even bother to read the bible ......

I mean he did write the Ten Commandments himself (trying to educate them) and look what happened to that ....did they care to learn > NO ....

Dont you see Noob ...God has tried everything that man has tried and then some ...and it just has not done one bit of good with people and their FREE WILL to take it or leave it ....
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink ..and if they dont drink they will DIE OF THIRST ..you can try and make them drink it but you cannot make them swallow it ....And if they DIED because they refused to drink then is that your fault even though you did everything you possibly could to EDUCATE them into drinking that WATER .......in the end their free will to not want to drink that water got em dead didnt it ?

MAN was put in charge of this world (Gods creation) he said till the ground ..plant the vinyards and take care of it all ....................this is what YOUR GREAT SCIENTIFIC oh WISE ONES of old did with that GARDEN he was given to take care of ..
How long do you think God should just allow men to keep sinking deeper and deeper into this mess that MAN CREATED with what GOD GAVE HIM to tend to ..........because now those oh great wise educated ones have messed things up almost to teh point of no return ..............

What would it be like in say ten years after you wise ones get through overmedicating over altering dna over destroying natural resources with your modified plants and animals and people where they are like NON RECOGNIZABLE as NATURAL ... ....etc etc ?

I dont wanna be here ..thanks anyway ...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I think I could help out here ..(For you NOOB)

Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
Psa 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Amo 4:5 And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim [and] publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
Jon 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay [that] that I have vowed. Salvation [is] of the LORD.

This was the only sacrifices the Lord wants of us now .................

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

After Jesus completed the Work of the Cross, where does God tell us to sacrifice? You stated that after Jesus was crucified that God tells us to still sacrifice and I would like to see that scripture.
nope i didnt ^_^

i stated after he stopped them stonning mary he said carry on as god commanded

they didnt say ok start sacrificing again or more importantly they didnt say to stop it, by not stoppoing somthing you mean it to go on

and after jesus dies im sure theresa reference or two to only bieng saved through blood sacrifice not sure if its conected to jesus or not

but they dont say STOP IT NOW

It is my understanding that the blood atonement of Christ could never be trumped. No reason anyway. From Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, our atonement with God was made thru belief on His Son Jesus. Can you provide scripture to what you are saying?
which bit?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I'm talking about this:

And apparently God didn't care for it much, as He told the people w/o sin to cast the first stone. He also became the ultimate sacrifice --- how could any animal sacrifice mean anything after that?

>>>>>>>then later demanded that they do just that and follow god will

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

I think I could help out here ..(For you NOOB)

Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
Psa 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Amo 4:5 And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim [and] publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
Jon 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay [that] that I have vowed. Salvation [is] of the LORD.

This was the only sacrifices the Lord wants of us now .................

Thanks for those scriptures. Couldn't find anything at all t hat says we are still supposed to sacrifice animals? I didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join