It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jealous lover who blinded woman with acid will be blinded with acid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Very harsh indeed the world can be a very sick place.

Now had this been my sister or mother or god forbid daughter I can tell you my own justice would have been swift and decisive.

Any man that would do this to someone he "loves" is deeply twisted and I would argue insane. I hope this woman can manage to find peace and love for her life.

However I do not support eye for an eye justice as a matter of policy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Comeing to this thread and reading most the uneducated drivel and anti Islam stuff, makes me laugh.

What has secular law created in the west? More crime, rape and murder than anywhere else on the planet (bar warzones).
Then for some reason you all try to force your broken system onto the world.

It's called freedom Saf. Tolerance. I work happily with Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims Atheists. It works for the most part. Do we have serious problems??? Yes. Would I still rather be free? Yes.

See I don't believe in your God and that is a huge problem if I want to live in a Muslim country.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Any man that would do this to someone he "loves" is deeply twisted and I would argue insane. I hope this woman can manage to find peace and love for her life.

I posted something before regarding crimes of passion vs 'professional' crimes.. easier if I just quote my self

reply to post by Voxel

I liked your reply, and I'd like to add that prison can be an academy of crime and hate for some - this case seems to a crime of passion, that person could be very influenced by the more 'professional' criminals - plenty of time to learn inside,

All people at one time act 'insanely', to lock these people up may not be the best thing to do - I think this is an example of a good decision by the Iranian judges... (are they called judges in Iran??) I think this justice is well metered.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

All people at one time act 'insanely', to lock these people up may not be the best thing to do - I think this is an example of a good decision by the Iranian judges... (are they called judges in Iran??) I think this justice is well metered.

I disagree most people quarrel and act foolishly when in "love". But how many dump acid on their loved one face??? Not many, anywhere as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Well I don't know anyone who's put acid in someone's eyes - or disfigured any person in any way... But I have been in love and known others who know love - trust me, throw a little missed sleep, a lot of heart ache and prob some alcohol... This sort of stuff does happen. This is where the 'crime of passion' idea comes in. Someone who lost control of reason - it's not far fetched at all, every real person is capable of it

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

True but an acid attack sounds like something that would definitely have to be planned, you know? Crimes of passion are not planned. This guy had to have known what he was going to do.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

oh but its funny how countries like qatar and uae and kuwait and what not under islamic law are the richest places on this earth
maybe u should google dubai and do some research on that city see how it is compared to ummm nyc maybe?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, he had to get the acid in the first place, who keeps acid around in a liquid form.
Unless of course it's liquid drano™, but that's a base, not an acid.

What kind of acid?
-Sulphuric acid, or battery acid, most likely.
-Muriatic acid, usually kept in the shed. (how many here have muriatic acid on hand?)
-Some other common acid?

Yeah, seems somewhat premeditated, he had time to think about what he planned to do.

Gotta get some acid!

ONE STAR FOR YOU!
(said in the style of the soup nazi *Seinfeld*)

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Toadmund]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

You know I keep hearing everyone say that this is an eye for an eye. It is not! She is not taking his eye sight, at least I didn't read that, rather the state is taking his eye sight. This is so barbaric its not even funny, and believe me when I say some barbaric things are quite humorous. To the person who quoted the part of the Gospel where Jesus says turn the other cheek, that is such a bad ass approach.

Anywho, its barbaric because, as another poster said, why have 2 people dependent upon the state when you can have 1? Why does 2 wrongs = a right? Put this person in jail for life if you wanna take the approach an eye for an eye. That way they can't see freedom for life just as this woman can't see for life. To love this approach is sick, would you love it if we had elected someone who took that approach with us? What happens when you get into something more extreme? Lets say someone rapes a child, how do you punish that? You can't force children to rape someone who does that, and someone else raping less of a punishment than what would happen in jail, and less of a punishment than the kid endured. What do you do? On top of this, taking his vision away from him isn't nearly as bad as what he did to her. he is actually guilty of an action, she is guilty of living. She should get to choose what bodily function he has to live without for the rest of his life if we were trying to make things even.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Needs about 15 years in prison, so Life at sentencing. He will suffer more with that time to think if it has not been done to him. He is a sex case, most prisoners will want to kill him and will let him know. Let him snivel for protection for fifteen years and still feel the gift of sight. That will hurt him far more.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This horrible man committed an unspeakable act to an innocent woman, and broke many moral & legal statutes. I feel terrible for her, and her family, they are ALL suffering from his crime.

Jealousy, spite, wrath, pride; and assault/battery with intent to do great bodily harm, & attempted murder! Shame on him!

My father always preached The Golden Rule to me and my brothers; (usually after a ferocious beating)...

Basically, I tried never to smash someone's face in, unless they really deserved it, because of his lessons.

Glad he was judged this way, in Iran. Here in the states, I'd say hand him over to my dad!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Sounds good to me. Least they got one thing right.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
A jealous lover who blinded a woman with acid is also to be blinded with acid under the country's Islamic law.

Under what country's Islamic law?

If you read the full article; Iran.

I understand now, the entire story must either be made up, or extremely embellished. So the UK's News Networks are trying to make Iran look bad? I wonder why...

Ironically in this case an eye for an eye truly does make the whole world blind...

[edit on 11/28/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You know it occured to me that some human being or small group of human beings will be responsible to restrain, maim and blind this man in order to carry out justice.

Perhaps I am naive but to me that would be more than a difficult task. Pour acid into a mans eyes to intentionally blind him, burn and disfigure his face. I couldn't do it...could you???

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There was another thread about this and I wrote on that one. But I'm still seeing the same kind of responses. This is the most unbelievably, primitive and sickening thing imaginable. To begin with, the traditions and customs and the Sharia law, or a marriage of state law and religion, is to blame for the attitude that made that man respond in such a way to the woman to begin with. In this day and age, in 2008, to even imagine living on a planet where such a form of legal punishment could be carried out is so completely barbaric and horrendous.
The world needs to completely insure a separation of all religion from state law, no ancient biblical practices such as stonings, or blindings or anything. But every country needs the highest standard of human rights, and equalities of all people, including between the sexes.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
its really hard for me to imagine this stuff still goes on in 2008

im gonna cross iran off my list of places to ever go to

i mean im no criminal but i think i would want to read the rule book for that country for a couple weeks before i set foot in it

what would it be like to be the guy with that dayjob would you sit at home all night long hoping you choose the right god that killing for a government is okay

what did you do today at work honey
oh you wouldnt believe the day i had

honestly i just cant even imagine a day in that country not even an hour

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i hear all the time if you steal there you get your hand cut off
there really serious what if it was a child who was hungry and stole a chocolate bar worth a buck or 2 bamm off with the hand

do they have a system for children
do you have to steal a certain amount to get your hand cut off
500 dollars up the wrist 1000 up to the elbow over 5000 just tear it off at the shoulder

in a way i guess you would have to wonder what a guy with a missing leg did

do farmers who loose limbs in machinery accidents get mistaken for criminals when they come to town to pickup the mail

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
So much for Jesus

Matthew 5:38-48 (New International Version)

An Eye for an Eye
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Do they even care what the prophets have to say?

I read bad.. 8[

[edit on 11/29/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN WHEN I POSTED IT A FEW DAYS AGO. good. eye for an eye is the best method in this world today.

todays world *especially america* is obsessed with prison. whenever someone says, "ya i was in prison a few times* they say it almost as if it is an achievement. you also got the people that express their lack of fear for going back to prison . people get prison tattoos and start gangs up in prison or join ones already established. jails are now its own society and it is time they are knocked a few steps down.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i view this as completely just. the code of hammurabi lives!!

one should never do these things to another...

"when anger rises, think of the consequences" - confucius

or just do as i do (attempt), don't be angry and do not hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join