It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jealous lover who blinded woman with acid will be blinded with acid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Jealous lover who blinded woman with acid will be blinded with acid

www.dailymail.co.uk

A jealous lover who blinded a woman with acid is also to be blinded with acid under the country's Islamic law.

A 27-year-old named only as Majid confessed to attacking Amenah Bahrami in 2004 to dissuade anyone from marrying the woman he loved.

Wednesday's ruling was issued based on the Islamic law system of 'qisas,' or eye for an eye retribution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What do you think of this story? Do you believe the punishment to be fitting? Why or why not?

In my own opinion, I think it's just what is needed to curb these obscene attacks on women. The men perpetrating them seem to act as though they believe they are quite justified in doing so, showing no mercy, regret nor guilt.

Let this be a lesson to any in the future who would chose carry out similar acts of barbarism upon their fellow human being. Of course this would never fly in the west but we can't always expect that simply overlaying our own values will solve all problems, everywhere.

Jail time has little impact in the theocratic middle east and death is recognized nearly universally as not the end, but the start of their true existence; generally thought to be better than the current, hardly punishment!

I think he should need to spend an additional 20 years in prison, on top of being blinded by acid. Why? He took this woman's sight and disfigured her face, unprovoked. Doing the same only makes them even, I submit he deserves a further punishment; you can do a lot of thinking when you're locked up in a small cell for 20 years and can't see anything.

It's a shame that Islam punishes homosexuals by law or a blind prison term would be substantially more fitting than it will otherwise be...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Seriously what is wrong with people, are they controlling themself or being controlled into doing such insane acts? I personally believe so many of the weak minded on this planet do some of the most stupid *snip* and so often get away with it, an eye for an eye, lol, seems to be a suiting punishment, however I also think and feel strongly that you don't solve 'violence' with 'violence' or similar, therefore can't her eyes be replaced or fixed and her face given plastic surgery or skin grafts and he pays for all of it?

On top of that there should be some other punishment such as jail time, although like I say, I feel normally another method to solve the problem would be more suited, however as this is a pure act of greed and no 'loot' was taken deciding a punishment is difficult.

I wonder what some of their other laws enatial? A rape for a rape!?! LMAO, but to all the rape victims, not really

Nice find
Zombie

====
Mod Edit: No profanity, please
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A jealous lover who blinded a woman with acid is also to be blinded with acid under the country's Islamic law.

Under what country's Islamic law?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan

Under what country's Islamic law?

If you read the full article; Iran.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Oh Iran that makes sense then they murder children hang them from cranes by there neck while everyone cheers on in evil glee.
Why is it when the Muslims get control of a place, they send it back 1000 years into caveman like days?
Why is it they cant move on and evolve?
If someone feels joy at another's death, I wouldn't want to be that person when my time comes.
How does having 2 blind people dependent on the state, help anything?
20 years in an Iranian jail as opposed to going blind?
I think many would rather go blind and live on welfare.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You really think so?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Does this sound sick?

I love it. I think we need to see more of this. Although it often gets out of hand an eye for an eye is sooo fairrrr.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

You really think so?

Yes, I do.
Im sure there are many people in prisons, even in the west.
Who would forgo there eyesight, or limbs, to get out.
Im betting they wouldn't part with there penis though.
An Iranian prison is around 100 times worse so im sure there isn't much an Iranian prisoner wouldn't do, to get out of jail.
I think a better punishment than this, than creating an extra burden on society by making someone else blind.
Would be that this person has to work for the rest of his life.
And pay everything for this woman.
He is responsible, for her life, that he has ruined.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So much for Jesus

Matthew 5:38-48 (New International Version)

An Eye for an Eye
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Do they even care what the prophets have to say?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I cant help but totally agree with their laws. Id be happy living there. The economy might suck but their laws are just.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
So much for Jesus

An Eye for an Eye
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

They aren't reading from the same book as you, mate.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
So much for Jesus

An Eye for an Eye

They aren't reading from the same book as you, mate.

I know that, but have you read it? (both books that is) ..

as followers or people who believe in the prophets they should heed their words, this is such a horrible philosophy and can only bring about destruction.

edit
and to set the record straight I don't read from any one book exclusively, I just know a sound doctrine when I hear one.
There is such a thing as 'what works and what doesn't'

as a philosophy eye for an eye is vengeful and evil in nature, it reciprocates evil for evil, anger with anger, as we have adapted the saying over the years "Two wrongs don't make a right"

[edit on 11/28/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wrong Book,
Wrong Prophets.

As for the incident. As an Atheist, I actually agree totally.
I've often wondered why we in the western society don't employ more of an eye for an eye attitude.

The point being that, if criminals and assailants know what they do to others will be done to them, they would be more likely to think twice.

Unfortunately, all our criminals are thinking is, If I kill/maim this guy I'll get a bed, a room, and 3 square meals a day.

Where the heck is the justice in that?

I don't often agree with Islamic law, especially when it deals with other religions and fellow Atheists... but an eye for an eye is certainly justice to me.

[Edit to add]
Propagation of hatred is usually bred by a "Head for an eye" mentality... not "Eye for an eye".

[edit on 28-11-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wrong Book,
Wrong Prophets.

I've often wondered why we in the western society don't employ more of an eye for an eye attitude.

The point being that, if criminals and assailants know what they do to others will be done to them, they would be more likely to think twice.

This is really great in theory but in practice it just ends in a big shhhhiiiiiiii-shouldn't say that storm...

We know what working from fear does... it totally screws society and culture up.

There are major problems with the world right now, .. the only reason for this is because people are paying attention to it with more focus now, and things are slowly being done.. it only looks so bad because everyone is aware of it now...

I just think it's a really bad philosophy to practice.

Someone accidentally bumps into you in the mall, so you chase them down and frickin' body check them? .. naw.. not cool... if the theory is going to work for rape and murder it is going to permeate to the smaller things, like .. oh you meant to do that, so I'm going to be vindictive and do it to you now.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I don't know , it has a sort of karmic symmetry that you have to admire in a way . Certainly must have some kind of deterrant effect too , on those with the disposition to go throwing acid about near peoples eyes . I suppose there are two ways to look on it thou , one objectively .. and maybe I'd say it's not really the thing to do , and again subjectively , I'd do as she did , burn em out !

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its human nature to feel pleasure when somone who has hurt you or hurt anyone close to you feels worse or simalar pain
anyone who says diffrent is a blatent lair and should stop lying to themselfs

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I honestly don't see anything wrong with this particular judgment. however i do realize that there law is the Koran and it does get extreme (stoning raped children to death for being raped) and therefore there laws are ultimately flawed to perpetuate conflict.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wrong Book,
Wrong Prophets.

Unfortunately, all our criminals are thinking is, If I kill/maim this guy I'll get a bed, a room, and 3 square meals a day.

Where the heck is the justice in that?

I don't often agree with Islamic law, especially when it deals with other religions and fellow Atheists... but an eye for an eye is certainly justice to me.

[Edit to add]
Propagation of hatred is usually bred by a "Head for an eye" mentality... not "Eye for an eye".

[edit on 28-11-2008 by johnsky]

I'm in much the same boat and feel as you do as far as I can tell. I think it's fitting that this man should lose his sight in the same way as he so willingly took another's. It's only too bad the victim can't be the one to dispense the acid in return; for whatever little consolation that would surely bring.

I have to disagree with you CaptainCaveMan, I honestly don't believe anyone would volunteer one's own sight in exchange for something as trivial as state welfare. I'd rather live life in captivity, my eyes intact, than be in this man's shoes.

I'm sure they won't be going easy on the acid either; he could very well die from his wounds if there's enough volume. Not that it would be much of a shame if he did, live blind/disfigured or die from the burns/infection, either would be justified.

Eye for an eye doesn't make sense in every case, but in this instance I think it works perfectly as a deterrent.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
An eye for an eye? Yes, absolutely. Here in the west we just play games where the lawyers get rich and the victims don't get the revenge they deserve. Bravo Iran. Some things are good to stay.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join