It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jealous lover who blinded woman with acid will be blinded with acid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I agree with that, if I was going to throw acid at someone or hurt them it would make me think about it twice if the same thing was going to be done to me if I got caught.....wouldnt you agree?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey All,

The same "Eye for an Eye" justice seems to be absent when talking about adultery though eh?

www.villagevoice.com...

I don't know much about Iranian prisons, but I suspect, given the current political climate in the world, that this fellow won't have to be blind all that long.

One really has to wonder what kind of Country would condone this kind of punishment. True the woman really doesn't deserve what this person did, no woman does, but wouldn't it be better if this fellow were to be financially responsible for this womans needs through the rest of her life?..guide dogs, therapy, loss of ability to work that kind of thing. Seems like a better deterrent than having 2 blind people and no jobs. (unless they have jobs.etc)

Thanks for reading.
..Ex

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Blind the *snip* and let him carry sticks and let him work to pay for the woman he blinded.mary ingalls did quite well for being blind.

====
Mod Edit: No profanity, not even abbreviations or acronyms. Thanks.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Muslims are the *snip*.

[edit on 29/11/08 by Waitingsolong]

====
Mod Edit: Racially insensitive remark omitted.
Announcement: Civility & Decorum are Expected

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
dont this happen a lot.I heard years ago that if a woman refused a man that acid in the face was done Like on a regular basis.the plastic surgeans were gitting good at fixing ladies faces.She should have his eves.and penis and testacals dont need his seed around.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think the man should simply be executed. He is obviously not fit to live, perhaps he thinks dying will bring him to heaven, I say let him find out. He will be judged accordingly, that is, if there is a final judgment. I don't really see the point in an eye for an eye, I've always thought that if your crime is great enough, you should be put down, no sense in paying for people to be incarcerated, rehabilitation rarely works, best to return them from whence they came.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
I think the man should simply be executed. He is obviously not fit to live, perhaps he thinks dying will bring him to heaven, I say let him find out. He will be judged accordingly, that is, if there is a final judgment. I don't really see the point in an eye for an eye, I've always thought that if your crime is great enough, you should be put down, no sense in paying for people to be incarcerated, rehabilitation rarely works, best to return them from whence they came.

Your common sense is refreshing

I agree entirely, the world would be a better place if he were put down. I never went there because I figured it just wouldn't fly but if that's on the table, I'm all for it.

Could someone like this be reformed? I doubt it. The man thought this woman was his property and he had the right to do this to her if she wouldn't have him. I think it's likely he'd do it again, given the chance; perhaps not in the same way but through some form of physical abuse.

At the end of the day, it's his holy book that bestows him the God-given right to do this. Just flip through You Tube and take a look at the Islamic guides to beating your wife, taken from broadcast TV. Obviously it doesn't say "blind your wife with acid", but spousal abuse is a slippery slope. First the back hand, then a fist, a belt.. acid comes in somewhere down the line presumably.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's really hard to decide which side to take because both sides (for and against it) are right...

Blinding this man won't really solve anything and him financially aiding her also won't solve anything, because he had already ruined her life...

But the problem always lies in the roots...usually in the way someone was raised...tabula rasa...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krisclin
It's really hard to decide which side to take because both sides (for and against it) are right...

Blinding this man won't really solve anything and him financially aiding her also won't solve anything, because he had already ruined her life...

But the problem always lies in the roots...usually in the way someone was raised...tabula rasa...

Precisely, In my experience, people very seldom change their core self, who you are is derived ultimately from how you are raised. Our entire prison industry is a joke, A financial boon for prison owners, A dog eat dog shark tank that teaches the incarcerated how to become better criminals. The solution to reducing crime is to improve social conditions for all of our brethren, That they may be fruitful by their own hand.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's so badass!!!!

Good, she gets what she deserves.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I bet if it were you who were blinded with acid you wouldn't think twice about having the person that did it blinded also.
These people are on the right track on stopping idiots from doing it again or stopping future morons to do stupid things like this. I only wish the US laws were this strict. What ever crime you commit towards another regaurdless it is an animal, human, what ever.. you should have that same crime done to you. This would stop so many kids from being future copy cats.

ps. my spelling sucks, if you have a problem with it then fu.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

That is very fair, we should do this in the Unite States too.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wrong Book,
Wrong Prophets.

As for the incident. As an Atheist, I actually agree totally.
I've often wondered why we in the western society don't employ more of an eye for an eye attitude.

The point being that, if criminals and assailants know what they do to others will be done to them, they would be more likely to think twice.

Unfortunately, all our criminals are thinking is, If I kill/maim this guy I'll get a bed, a room, and 3 square meals a day.

Where the heck is the justice in that?

I don't often agree with Islamic law, especially when it deals with other religions and fellow Atheists... but an eye for an eye is certainly justice to me.

[Edit to add]
Propagation of hatred is usually bred by a "Head for an eye" mentality... not "Eye for an eye".

Ironic because "eye for an eye" is literal in this situation!

I tend to agree with you. The most natural feeling a person has after such an incident (I.E. going blind after someone purposefully throws acid in your face with no remorse) is revenge. Perhaps this is the only way such scornful people will learn.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i love it how the people that say he needs jail time only never answers my posting because they know i am right. let me repeat it so you people feel even dumber for not supporting eye for an eye:

todays world *especially america* is obsessed with prison. whenever someone says, "ya i was in prison a few times* they say it almost as if it is an achievement. you also got the people that express their lack of fear for going back to prison . people get prison tattoos and start gangs up in prison or join ones already established. jails are now its own society and it is time they are knocked a few steps down.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Those of us here in the west that think it is horrible that Iran will have an "eye for an eye" punishment. Look around this country and look around their country. Do they have more or less crime?

I don't think our elightened methods have been working over here.

Over there the criminal is beaten, torchered, killed... they are punished.

Here the criminal is given food, medical treatment, and rights... they are protected.

While I am not an advocate of their type of punishment, I don't think what we are doing here is working and that does not give us the right to judge them for their methods.

What I don't understand is the way they treat women.

In one Muslum country a woman (girl) was raped by three men. She goes to the authorities and they arrest her and execute her for infidelity????

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is a great story.

There are a few things about the old scriptures that work. An eye for an eye is one of them. Imagine the implications here in the United States if the punishment was actually equal to the crime. In many cases, offenders wouldn't be in jail, CREATING LESS OF A BURDEN on the system... They would simply be executed.In the case of financial offenses, corporate entities embezzeling millions of dollars would quickly find themselves in the alley under a cardboard box (EXACTLY WHAT THEY NEED)...

I had to skip four pages of comments, as I just found this thread, to argue Caveman's points on page one. You say that a person going blind would be a detriment to society, but argue that people would agreeably go blind to GET OUT OF PRISON?!!!

I know of blind people who are very active in society. See New York State Governor David Paterson, for one... While on the other hand, people IN PRISON are COMPLETELY dependant on society. You don't make any sense.
I would only HOPE that an eye for an eye justice system be implemented, but that won't happen, as it isn't in the best interests of the evil CORKSUCKERS that run our society. It wouldn't suit their needs.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You'd have a lot of blind people running around for a while but eventually the world would be a much better place. Once everyone realised the seriousness of the law. Rather than the laugh and joke it is at the minute.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You'd have a lot of blind people running around for a while but eventually the world would be a much better place. Once everyone realised the seriousness of the law. Rather than the laugh and joke it is at the minute.

Sorry for the double post! Could someone delete this one please. Sorry!

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Lee_K]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ill make it very easy for you people who think that this treatment is primitive or harsh. If you knew you were going to get acid on you if you throw on others you would think twice about doing it wouldnt you? If you knew your penis would be cut off if you raped a little boy or girl you would think twice wouldnt you? I think the punishment is just. She ruined that girls life so now she gets hers.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Ill make it very easy for you people who think that this treatment is primitive or harsh. If you knew you were going to get acid on you if you throw on others you would think twice about doing it wouldnt you? If you knew your penis would be cut off if you raped a little boy or girl you would think twice wouldnt you? I think the punishment is just. She ruined that girls life so now she gets hers.

Exactly. I hope there's video of this happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join