It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds warn of terror plotting against NYC subways

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by jibeho
I love the default "fear mongering" argument that gets thrown around ATS like a rag ball. It is amazing that people still think that terrorism doesn't exist in this country.

We have NOT been attacked more than twice by 'suspected' terrorists (not of this nation) in the past 20 years. That's pretty damn poor numbers to be at a constant high terror alert for the past 8 years.

Perhaps the high terror alert has been keeping us safe these past 8 years.

I do agree that there are still some questions about 9/11. But all I see are peoples opinons of fuzzy videos shot with cell phone cameras posted on YouTube. Those videos can be manipulated nowadays to show just about anything. I think that is a big problem. Any reliable evidence is already in the hands of the Feds. We will never really know the answers. A lot of it doesn't make sense and I have grown to accept that unless I see stunning indisputable proof that will change my mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would think the best approach by the terrorists, if any, is to just keep the speculation of a terror event flowing. It keeps the fear or machine rolling here and enough people uneasy.

How reliable is our intelligence community based on history. Not a good return on the dollar.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You are "spot on!" I get so tired of every year around any major holiday, the Feds come up with this! What the hell is the purpose? If they hear a threat just do your frigin job! I, for one, think they announce this to cover there butts after 9/11!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have no problem with announcing a possible terrorist attack to keep us safe. But to say that they think its "plausible" and there is no actual reason or evidence that it is going to happen and still warn of a terror plot is just plain overreacting. Its like crying wolf or running around saying the sky is falling all the time.

Look at the headline "Feds warn of terror plotting against NYC subways". That implies that they have information on a real plot or plan which they say is not really the case after you actually read the report.

Cant they just say "be careful and be aware during the holiday's" Why make up some purely fictional warning and say it could happen? Hell, anything is plausible in this day in time. I just would like the news to actually report on something that is not bull crap for once, something with substance that has a creditable source. Not pure fantasy based on someones imagination of what a good target would be.

Its funny how the media cant report the facts and how they go to commercial break when someone has something intelligent and important to say but when it comes to using their imagination they make it breaking news.
What does it mean that someone leaked to the associated press that it would be plausible that an attack could happen in the NYC subway. To me that means a Fed told a associated press reporter "yeah its possible but we have no evidence of this being planned. then the reporter ran with it and made this big deal over nothing.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
well i just on cnn that something is going on in india right now. some kind of attack. details are sketchy. ill keep watching though.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If the media could they would interrupt the friggen Thanksgiving day parade to report terrorist attacks all over the world to make it seem like the world is ending on Thanksgiving. I'm not going to turn the news on for the rest of my holiday vacation regardless if the sky is falling or not.

I'm just getting worn out on this crap. I refuse to live my life in fear and watch the stock market everyday and watch people kill each other halfway across the world everyday. Its not healthy!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

Something is always going on in India. People are always killing each other all over the world. 50 years ago you wouldn't see this stuff on the TV ,but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. The media is able to control your mood and outlook on life by deciding what horrible things to report on and how to spin it.

Just because its on the news does not mean you have an obligation to worry yourself sick about it. especially if its on another continent because there is not a damn thing you can do about it. If you chose to freak out every time the news pushes your buttons and go into a depression or stress out then you will have a short life on this planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I do believe also that the national "scare monger gauge" has been tipped up a notch to yellow.

That sort of attack also sounds domestic rather than international. I wonder where they got their intel from?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

More fear mongering.
No evidence or no reason to believe that someone is actually planning this but yet they think they need to announce a possible threat.
The news might as well have a standing warning on every Holiday from now on. It is getting to be disgusting that on every holiday they release this crap just to scare people.

www.bakersfield.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fear mongering? What dimension to you live in? Do you also think terrorism is completely fake?

I don't think Terrorism is fake, but I don't believe for one second it's extremist Muslims. I think it's extremist Christians part of our government that are carrying out the "terrorism". America is psychologically screwed.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

its always yellow

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think that most of this crap that has been getting reported in the media lately is nothing more than a distraction. We are being distracted on a regular basis to keep us from figuring out what is really going on.

Anything of importance now days in Government is being discussed behind closed doors and it is being held back from the public because its confidential. Its funny how they have no problem reporting on something that is nothing more than a fictional conversation about what could happen. Its so obvious that we are being taken advantage of.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm going to make a prediction that on or before Christmas we will see the same lame breaking news about yet another possible terror plot with no evidence to back it up. Ive come to expect it now and its lost its importance. I doubt that anyone else actually pays attention either.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Poor Americans. Consider yourselves permanently sodomized. It doesn't matter anymore whether the threat is real or not (which it's not - externally). The fact is that you must be controlled and you succumb so damned easily.

I'm going to suggest something here. You hear all the insults hurled your direction from whichever angry Muslim leader happens to be most angry at you at the moment. They call your leaders hypocritical criminals. They are so right! Tell me they're not. But they say something else too. They call the American people stupid, fat, lazy, apathetic and selfish or any combination thereof.

What if *you all* got up and really gave the government a what-for for Christmas. What if you spammed your congressmen and faxed your senators and wrote to the newspapers and really essentially "opened fire" on the system? Do it every day from now until the tide turns. That might not only impress the rest of the world that you aren't, in fact, all those things (because you really are) but it could even bring about some change - rather quickly, I'd wager!

If nothing else, at least everything would come to a head and you could start your Civil War II by Easter.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thanks to the Directv news channel, I was able to surf through 7 news channels at once. They all seemed to hit on this about the same time. I scrolled window to window seeing how each would spin this.

Ok, they are being cautionary. Thats fine. Its the holidays and people do stupid stuff during the hoidays. I dont necessarily attribute it to terrorism as much as I do "people do stupid stuff during the holidays". However, to listen to all of the spin they are putting on this information, they are cranking the fear meter up to overdrive.

One reporter noted not to touch any package or backpack that you might see lying around because "you never know what it might be". The Gestapo in the subways are checking everything but your "special places" just to get into the subway system.

NYC is going to be on its ear for the next few weeks waiting out a fearful holiday season.

Here's the problem. If a terrorist wants to blow something up, they are going to do so. A handfull of underpaid civil employees are not going to be able to stop them. Fox News reports will not be an effective media to deter them. A backpack on bus stop bench is not going to be the most dangerous item to leave alone.

The escalation in security is just a warm blanket and fuzzy feeling to make the public believe that they are somehow safer from terrorism. The people will gladly hand over their freedoms and file sheeply into lines to be spoonfed by the fascist leaders and police state government for a morsel of false protection.

No longer the phrase, "praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".
Now the phrase, "pass the shears and stand in line".

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You sound like an old hippie from the 60's. You turn a simple terror plot warning into an opportunity to bash America. If you don't live here, why should you be concerned over a warning in the US.

I could care less what the rest of the world thinks of the US. If I had my way, we would pull out of the majority of our foreign interests and focus on domestic concerns. But, don't come crying to America when you need help. If you think the world is violent now, imagine if the US stopped coming to aid of other nations and permanently closed our borders.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess I must be an old hippy then.

And guess what, buddy? I'm American - well, at least until I decide which way you people are going over there. I left that place more than twenty years ago and haven't looked back. Not going to start now. And fyi, bud - not every country begs for your filthy money.

It would be nice to go back there some day. There are some really decent people there. You just don't give a rat's anus about the place nor any other place on the planet. We old hippies had to find some place else to live our lives while you folks ruined what was once an absolutely amazing part of the globe. Well, every place is actually pretty awe-inspiring.

I hope, at some point, you'll see what you've done and rectify the situation. We have our work cut out for us over here too. Our leaders have become pretty uppity lately too. Let's see if we can get our lives back.

As for America-bashing, it's not just America that gets it. I'll bash anyplace that deserves it. The thing that puts the Yanks in the eternal line of fire for it is the unbridled arrogance. You will fall though. I was just suggesting a way to at least show the rest of the world that you do have spines. So, do you?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just wish the media would cover at least a few positive stories a day. I really cant remember when the last time was when I saw a good positive story on any news channel. I'm sure the media is aware of the fact that they only cover death,violence and despair all day everyday.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In a small way it is most likely job security. DHS is not doubt paying pretty good money to it's employees. A warning of an uncovered plot every so often displays that they apparently doing their job. Without terror, no jobs.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If there are 'drills' taking place involving the subway on this issue, it might just be true the subway gets hit. Won't be by 'Muslim Fanatics' offcourse, but by now most people have swallowed this line, hook and sinker, so if something does occur, it'll be blamed on them anyway.

I'd be really interested to know wether or not drills of this kind are scheduled to happen in this area.. anyone on the inside who can enlighten us ?

Happened at 9/11, happened in London, propably happened in Madrid, as well.. drills = bad for the public health!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I live in NYC and take the subway every day. It is essential to my everyday life. The threat of a terrorist attack on the subway is not going to make me more likely to drive my car. You are thinking way too much. I will take the subway even if there is an attack on the subway.

And you are not thinking enough.
I said it was an idea, that they might be trying to do this, to manipulate the markets.
Not that everyone will "not" use the subway because of it.
I didn't say that, you said that.
They have attempted stranger things in the past.
However if they attacked it, it would most certainly be shut down.
And you would have to find something else essential, to your everyday life.
"I will take the subway even if there is an attack on the subway."
No you wouldn't, because it would be shut down.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join