It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds warn of terror plotting against NYC subways

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Feds warn of terror plotting against NYC subways

www.bakersfield.com

Federal authorities are warning law enforcement personnel of a possible terror plot against the New York City subway system during the holiday season.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
More fear mongering.
No evidence or no reason to believe that someone is actually planning this but yet they think they need to announce a possible threat.
The news might as well have a standing warning on every Holiday from now on. It is getting to be disgusting that on every holiday they release this crap just to scare people.

www.bakersfield.com

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

More fear mongering.
No evidence or no reason to believe that someone is actually planning this but yet they think they need to announce a possible threat.
The news might as well have a standing warning on every Holiday from now on. It is getting to be disgusting that on every holiday they release this crap just to scare people.

www.bakersfield.com

Fear mongering? What dimension to you live in? Do you also think terrorism is completely fake?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well I can only find 3 reports of this on Google news.
Why is it not on all the major news?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree its FEAR mongering. Sure terrorism exists but it TRUMPED up. I'm sick and tired of the BS "war on terror" and the "war on drugs". You cant have a war against an idea! WAKE UP. There is no way to win a war against an idea because there is no end to the idea...there will always be some terrorism, drugs etc.

FEAR is the tool used to perpetuate a system of control.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Probably to keep people from panicking. Panic would equal loss in sales with the major upcoming shopping season. Which would of course add to our already huge problem in the economy. This would be my thinking on it anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

An internal memo obtained by The Associated Press says the FBI has received a "plausible but unsubstantiated" report that al-Qaida terrorists in late September may have discussed attacking the subway system.

plausible but unsubstantiated

late September may have discussed

the warning was issued as a routine matter

Where in that article do you see a reason to jump to the conclusion to tell the public that there is a terror plot against NYC subway?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ok like the terrorists are going to attack a target area they already hit back in 2001 which has become a survellance company's gold mine ever since.

And seriously folks, if there was a bonafide threat, the Fed's are NOT going to announce it that would throw off the attacker's plans. They would quietly reverse engineer the threat and find them before the threat ever could happen.

More sheeple messages is what that is.

Cheers!!!!

George Harrison tribute! Saturday Nov 29 7p Et/4p Pt on KROCKS RadioOne

Turning back the clock in time! Ground Zero Total Recall! Brought to you by

KROCKS RadioOne AND ZeroPointRadio

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

It is fear mongering. They release this crap every single major holiday. It scares people into thinking that the government has once again successfully protected them when nothing happens. It gets people to worry about travel.

The problem is, that according to the 911 Commission Report, our security and intel is in a shambles and is inept. Yet we are supposed to believe they have all of this good intel. You see, they can't have it both ways.

A) Either they are inept and totally missed 911 coming because of this or

B) They are solid and know about these things before they happen.

It's ridiculous and yet the people don't think it through. They just believe that at one point it was inept and at another, it's brilliant. It's a great myth that the 'Feds' have pushed on us.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And when something does happen people immediately start screaming "why didn't you warn us?" and the investigations by no-name politicians looking to make a name for themselves start popping up all over the place.

I'd rather they played it safe and issue the warning and have people be more wary than be sorry about it later.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by logician magician

It is fear mongering. They release this crap every single major holiday. It scares people into thinking that the government has once again successfully protected them when nothing happens. It gets people to worry about travel.

The problem is, that according to the 911 Commission Report, our security and intel is in a shambles and is inept. Yet we are supposed to believe they have all of this good intel. You see, they can't have it both ways.

A) Either they are inept and totally missed 911 coming because of this or

B) They are solid and know about these things before they happen.

It's ridiculous and yet the people don't think it through. They just believe that at one point it was inept and at another, it's brilliant. It's a great myth that the 'Feds' have pushed on us.

That's all rather silly and somewhat childlike, don't you think?

It scares them into thinking they've been protected? You seem to be reading into this WAY TOO much.

It sounds like you're pushing your own internally created myths upon yourself.

It's more like they will beef up security, and are telling the public because 300 million pairs of eyes are better than 200. Oh, but wait! THEY'D never want that! They want to either scare us or kill us - which one is it? People like you, there's no appeasing you because if there is NO ATTACK or it is THWARTED it was all just a show, or fear mongering. If it DOES HAPPEN it was an INSIDE JOB.

IT CAN'T BE BOTH! Or "You see, they can't have it both ways. "

... but I bet that YOU can still have it both ways, right?

You're seriously suggesting that nearly 8 years later, with new agencies and pervasive legislation created, that our intel would be exactly the same? If anything it's obvious that it's better with all of the "illegal" wire tapping, suspension of habeas corpus, email reading, patriot act, indefinite imprisonment, etc..

Come on, pal - you know you can't have Security and Freedom!

"You see, they can't have it both ways. "! Which one do you want? Give up your security for freedom and you get bad intel, give up your freedom for security and you get good intel.

Give me a break with your self-fulfilling artificial reality. People who think like that just can't stand to be wrong or have an "affliction" which makes them create a world-view where they are always right.

"They pull this crap on major holidays" because that's the perfect time for a terrorist organization to attack. When I was in the Philippines, it was the same thing - terrorist threats from Abu Sayiff and M.I.L.F. on festivals and holidays because that's when people were out, transit was nearly stagnant because of crowded roads, and large crowds gather. During these times their military and SWAT officers were dispatched - it certainly didn't SCARE anyone that they had more SECURITY.

When would you plan a terrorist attack? On a rainy day during a lightning storm in the middle of an abandoned field?

It's ridiculous and yet the people don't think it through. They just believe that at one point it was inept and at another, it's brilliant.

Is that supposed to be a joke, because it sure sounds like one!

You might want to do some research into these terms and apply it to almost everything in your previous post.

ARBITRARY INFERENCES OR LOOPY CONCLUSIONS: This involves the tendency to
draw a negative conclusion without sufficient evidence to support it. For example: "The is the nth time I've heard a terror Alert. They must be trying to scare people." All other possible interpretations are ignored.

SELECTIVE THINKING: This involves focusing on negative details while ignoring the
other positive aspects of the situation. It is like looking through Polaroid or dark coloured
glasses. For instance, focusing on what the government hasn't done rather than what they have done.

OVERGENERALIZATIONS: This involves drawing over-sweeping conclusions on the
basis of a single incident. There is the expectation that because something has gone
wrong in the past, it will continue to do so. For instance, if the government has let you down before, you swear to never trust it again. Or thinking that the entire government is a mess rather than acknowledging that you are still hurt on a certain level at the events of 9/11 and/or disappointed in your government.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
And when something does happen people immediately start screaming "why didn't you warn us?" and the investigations by no-name politicians looking to make a name for themselves start popping up all over the place.

I'd rather they played it safe and issue the warning and have people be more wary than be sorry about it later.

"Hey, don't scare us like that! Warn us after it happens!"

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
alCIAda hard at work

so lets say hypothetically that they want to do something (CIA/GOV, etc) and they don't want anyone to know about it. They could close the subways as a pretense for whatever it is they are doing.

Did you know that the NY subway has secret tunnels for the privileged?

Rockefeller's have (or had) their own private subway line to go around NY.

Read this article on one of the secret subways:
www.pbs.org...

Going back to the possibility of a threat...

"There is nothing concrete to suggest this plot ever went beyond the aspirational or talking stage," said a U.S. official familiar with the intelligence that led to the warning.

Source: ABC News

[edit on 26-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I love the default "fear mongering" argument that gets thrown around ATS like a rag ball. It is amazing that people still think that terrorism doesn't exist in this country.

The govt. does not want people to put their guard down around the sudden rush of the holidays. Ever been to a busy mall complex during the holidays? Any police officer or security guard will warn you to be careful and to be aware of your surroundings. My nearby posh suburban mall is continually a prime target for thieves, muggers and carjackers this time of the year despite the increase in security and police patrols. Terrorists operate the same way as these thugs and they could care less of any warnings. They often have nothing to lose. The cops can't be everywhere at once. We are an extra set of eyes and ears for them.

The same people who cry foul and fear mongering now will be the first to point fingers if an event does actually occur. Hurricane Katrina is a prime example of what not to do. If you are warned, heed the warning. If you are told to get out of town, get out of town.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's a thought.
If they release info of attacks on trains.
People wont take trains, and will drive there cars.
Making a huge increase in petrol sales and increasing the demand for oil?
Which is at a very low price right now.
Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

I agree. I would rather people pay attention to their surroundings. Many things could be avoided by doing this. However, history has shown that government (certain factions within it) are quite capable of using fear tactics like this to run false flag operations (again, factual data to back that is out there). Then they can say "See, the terrorists are strong and now we need to attack yet another soveirgn nation!"

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I love the default "fear mongering" argument that gets thrown around ATS like a rag ball. It is amazing that people still think that terrorism doesn't exist in this country.

It does exist. The terrorists just pardoned themselves of all war crimes. They sit in the White House. Look at their MIC ties and their Oil ties and defense contractor ties and you will see that it is all about greed and power.

Personally, I still have serious questions about how 911 took place. That is why I have these 'issues' with the fear mongering warnings. We have NOT been attacked more than twice by 'suspected' terrorists (not of this nation) in the past 20 years. That's pretty damn poor numbers to be at a constant high terror alert for the past 8 years.

They WANT you to be afraid of terror. So for you to say that terror DOES exist here then you need to provide some actual data. Because the only two non-domestic events that I can remember both happened at the WTC.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Then the best thing you can do is tell the terrorists not to play into the U.S. govt's hand. Attack us and another nation gets invaded. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims dead just for a few dozen or perhaps hundreds of Americans. But then I guess they are willing to kill one just to lose hundred of their own.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

You're right. There is no such people as stupid Arab Muslim terrorists. They don't exist because as Bush pointed out its a religion of peace. That Beslan school attack that killed hundreds of children, it was the Russian govt. That attack on the Marine barracks in Lebanon in the 80s, it was the CIA. The Cole attack and the embassies attacks in Africa, all CIA. Attacks in the UK, MI6.

Arabs are too stupid and too peaceful to do such a thing. They wouldn't commit REAL terrorist attacks. Thats something the elites do only.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I live in NYC and take the subway every day. It is essential to my everyday life. The threat of a terrorist attack on the subway is not going to make me more likely to drive my car. You are thinking way too much. I will take the subway even if there is an attack on the subway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join