It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wouldn't it just be easier to pretend like it never happened? Being afraid to go to sleep at night is too great a terror to live with. Maybe ignorance is the way after all?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

Of course someone who has taken psychedelic/hallucinogenic drugs is going to be less credible as a witness, especially in regard to something as contentious and unbelievable as this.

Neither taking psychedelic drugs, nor claiming to be a 'trained dreamer' whatever that is, lends any weight on the OP claim to be able to definitively claim that this was not a hallucination.

CS

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Wouldn't it just be easier to pretend like it never happened? Being afraid to go to sleep at night is too great a terror to live with. Maybe ignorance is the way after all?

Whoaaaa there.... ignorace is never the answer, especially right here

jk

Fox

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I'm not sure if that was directed to me, I think I'm the only one who mentioned being afraid of going to sleep though. The first few days, maybe a week, after my experience I was afraid of it happening again if I went to sleep. So I stayed up later than normal, but I did sleep. It took awhile before the fear went completely away, but facing your fear is pretty much the only way to get past it and I had to sleep. Won't make it long without ever sleeping.

So there was a genuine fear on my part of going to sleep, but only because of the fear of having another sleep paralysis episode. Once I stopped worrying about having another, I stopped being afraid to go to sleep. If I were to have another episode I can tell you now I would be scared out of my mind while it was happening, but afterward I don't think I would experience the same fear of going to sleep. If only because I've done a lot of research into sleep paralysis, and I have only had the one episode.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

Can you elaborate more on what this demon looked like?

My brother had a similar experience a couple weeks ago with a demon.He was sleeping and then started hearing loud noises as if some heavy stuff fell on the ground. He said he was sleeping and then felt something like a finger running gently stroking from his butt to the upper part of his body. When he looked up he saw an emaciated demon lady. He said that she looked like some woman from Lord of the Rings and looked like she was wearing blue nurse scrubs. This happened to my brother while laying on a couch. When he looked up this demon lady grabbed his arm, and my brother courageously grabbed her arm, and they both gasped in fear. He said the demon looked just as scared and open mouth at the exact same time as him. I believe it then vanished after this. I looked up that there is a demon lady called the old hag, and believe this is the same person or thing. I wonder what that person is.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well I have not seen a demon first hand but I have watched about 2000 movies or shows that have them in them. So that would be how I would think one could define something. Just like I'm sure there is many animals you havent seen in person but if you did you would know what it was because of TV.

Personally I think you discredit yourself by saying your a professional dreamer. From how you describe your normal practice of sleep and dreams, it would be very easy to lose track of what was real and what was not. You say that you can be in both the dream state and concious state at the same time ( didn't think that was possible but congrats) that would seem to me like a very susceptible state to be in for confusing reality. Especially if you were to have a dream that you were interacting with what looked like the real world.

I won't pretend to know what you went through or saw but I can tell you there has been many times I thought I saw something and would stake my word on it.... then I found out it was something causing a reflection or shadow that my mind decided it didn't understand and to make sense of it the mind formulates the closest known image to the object.

Best of luck and be safe!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i used to get this all the time. its absolutely horrid and until you experience it yourself you cant really pass judgement on what its like.

From the people i have spoken to about it there is always some kind of dark figure or demon in the room. The intense vibrational feeling plus the paralyzation adds to the sheer terror.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
somthing like this has happened multiple times.. Sometimes I can break physically free from the paralysis... and when i do .. guess what happens?? I am PHYSICALLY put back in my place(one time I actually saw dark\greyish"hands" put my hands back next to me.)... and then I "pass out" ... this is real... sometimes I feel them sucking somthing out ...could be fluids \energy? who knows.. Don't know how to combat this unless you stay awake all night?? they seem to only come when you are deep sleep... I noticed you said your lucid dream was interupted.. I beleive this is the only state they will come and perform there operations.. I beleive that fully awake we are extremely dangerous to them... the risk to them is not worth it.. they will probaly just go on to the next victim that will think it was all just a dream....

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Don't forget they can appear in any way they like... if you are terrified of traditional beings they will appear to be so... To me they just appear as shadows with the typical gray body.. which I beleive to be there true form...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
I turned my eyes first to break the paralysis then my neck and head to face upright forward to see a small multidimensional being sitting atop the end of my bed frame, it made an evil smirk and disappeared before my eyes.
[edit on 26-11-2008 by s0ndernet]

Multi-dimensional beings??

Once you see that evil smirk you're talking about, it means its one of them aliens (the one that does the smirk thing).

This belongs in the aliens and ufo forum, this isn't anything paranormal or just some random sleep paralysis.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The word "night-mare" derives from the sensation of a mare (female horse) causing pressure on the front of the chest during sleep.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Look I'm gonna make this brief.

You can't ask to be a soldier with us and not expect to fight. This initial opening is nothing more than you getting over your fear and learning to defend yourself. You should feel fortunate you're dealing with a lowly imp instead of something further up the heirarchical chain.

Do not expect to receive 'assistance' from anyone on this; you can beg all you want for god or Michael to help you but the reality is you opened the door - the whole point of this thing is for you to learn to close it yourself.

It's not a complicated task, you simply... close the door. If for some reason you are still incapable of doing this, you're going to find yourself plagued with this being for a LONNNNNG time until you either A) figure it out or B) an angel takes pity on you.

So grow a pair and take care of your problem.

I'm not going to post again here and I'm not going to read any responses - so don't bother writing or asking questions. Just figure it out and for your sake, do it fast.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting experiences.

Have any of you experiencers thought of video taping your nightime sessions? Most black and white cameras can see very well with infrared and I/O cards and surveillance software are fairly cheap now.

It would be interesting to compare what you remember to the time-stamped video after the event.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Now, I ususally don't talk about stuff like this, but I read a couple of chords that kind of struck home.

Now I will say this beforehand. I do not care if you believe me, I have no interest or reason in telling lies to entertain the speculative mind. If you do not believe, maybe it is not for you, but for those who do, may the Truth manifest its self to you.

Okay, to the person who spoke of the predator cloak looking creature. I share this to your comfort. To this day, a close friend of mine refuses to talk about it. Why?

Because we were awake when it happened.

Anyhow, there were these woods not too far from where I stay now. (Orlando Florida, 32811). One day, two friends of mine and myself were going through the woods, as young kids do. I was about 13-14 then, I am 23 now. Now, for some odd reason, there is a dark patch of woods, like, there were woods, and then, deeper into the woodsthere was just this spot that was really dark for some odd reason...just oddlooking. We decide to go venture through there. Upon leaving, one friend, who is still a close friend,(I refused to really associate with the guy after this event.), and myself here a cracking noise. Like someone stepping on a branch. We turn around, and about 50 feet from where we were, I saw a figure, appearance was like predator in his cloak form, everything behind it looked fluid-like or watery, coming right at us. I asked my close friend if he saw it, and he mumbled something and starting b-lining it out of the woods. The other guy had already began to take off. I start running out of no where my foot gets caught by a vine. My heart is racing, I am freaking out, so I scream for help. The other guy keeps running(bastard), while my close friend turns around and helps me. We never went back there again. And to this day, as I said, my friend does not like to talk about it. Everytime I bring it up, he says "I don't what you talkin about man..." and changes the subject. Only once did he ever ask sparingly, "What was that man?"

And oddly, there has been construction all around that dark part of the woods since then. However, the dark park remains there. Untouched by the construction that is literally all around it. Also, there is some odd, I believe masonic stuff around this area. Owls and what not on top of buildings, barely visible and easily overlooked if you do not mind things like freemasonry.

Secondly, my sleep paralysis happened like this: I awoke unable to move one night. I was about 21 at the time. The room was being illuminated by what looked like dark light. Like the room was being illuminated by the inverse of regular light. Hard to describe. I heard lots of talking going on, but couldnt make out the words. Then something triggered in my mind. My girlfriend didnt stay over that night, but yet I felt this bodily presence as though someone was resting/laying on the right portion of my body. I struggled to awaken, only to have what ever it was start licking my neck with what felt like a freakishly long tongue. Blacked out after a while and then came to. Freaked me the heck out.

Yeah, that is my two bits for now.

May Truth and Love be with you.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I have a relative who was into a lot of New Age stuff. She's a massage therapist and really into healing essences. She complained of this stuff happening after a class about reikhi (sp?) I sort of thought she was dreaming because she's always making a mountain out of a molehill.

However, she had to live with me for a while and I made her go to Mass because if I have to go...she has to go. *smirk*

She got really into our church because it is very shut your mouth and do sort of thing which is always appealing. Anyhow the next time it happened she cried out "Help me Jesus" and apparently it stopped and hasn't happened in 3 years.

Now, she could be talking crazy again. I can neither confirm nor deny that it ever happened to her, but...I think when faced with what you're facing (if you are) why not try it?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I, also, had a similar experience many, many years ago.

I woke up one night at - you guessed it - 3AM. There was a heaviness on my chest, almost, but not quite, to the point of where I couldn't breathe. I could turn my head from side to side, move my fingers and point my toes, but that's the only movement I had. My arms were straight down my sides and I felt as if they were being held down. I kept trying to scream. I could open my mouth, but no sound came out. I tried to sit up, but couldn't. I wasn't pushed back down, the pressure/heaviness on my chest prevented me from sitting up. I tried to swing my legs off the bed, but couldn't move them. I couldn't see any type shape or anything, but I felt that whatever it was, was evil. I could see the clock by my bed and watched the minutes tick off. Lasted about 25 minutes, then was gone. I immediately got out of bed and didn't go back to sleep that night. It's been so long ago, I don't remember if I had trouble sleeping the following nights.

Scared the living h*ll out of me and I don't scare easily.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am amazed that after Indy 4 comes out every alien or unexplained creature has become an inter dimensional being. It seems to be the flavour of the month.
hello doctor I have a lump under my arm, no says the doctor its an inter dimensional being

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
First and foremost is don't get medical or psychological advice from strangers on the Internet. Seek out real help. Make sure you are talking to someone with an MD after their name. You would not go to an auto mechanic for heart surgery and you should not go to strangers on the net for medical advice either.

I suffered from this when I was younger and even though the hallucinations seem real, they are not. I fought for what I thought was my life for two years and suffered in silence needlessly. Don't confuse trips on acid or mushrooms with this as this is not even in the ballpark of being the same. Get help from qualified people. Close your browser and call some one qualified with the proper credentials on the wall.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've been suffering sleep paralysis since I was 12. I shake like a leaf in the wind, have chest crushing, and feel like I am going to die. Sometimes if someone is beside me and I try really hard I can mumble. I used to see things too, then I started experimenting with it and realized I was controlling it. I'm not saying there wasn't a demon at the end of your bed, but it's quite possible you are controlling what you see.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallSign
reply to post by holyTerror

Of course someone who has taken psychedelic/hallucinogenic drugs is going to be less credible as a witness, especially in regard to something as contentious and unbelievable as this.

Neither taking psychedelic drugs, nor claiming to be a 'trained dreamer' whatever that is, lends any weight on the OP claim to be able to definitively claim that this was not a hallucination.

CS

Thats your opinion. Many people would agree that having experienced visions and hallucinations and being a skilled dreamer are all characteristics that give my account more credit. Again its not credit im looking for so you wasting your time trying to DEBUNK my real life experience. Don't waste my time with trying to call me out thats not the point of this thread and it is abundantly clear that i am not alone in experiencing this phenomenon.
I had hoped i wouldn't have to do the wikipedia'ing for your noobs but it looks like i was wrong.

Wikipedia Folklore on Sleep Paralysis shows a huge list of countries and cultures and their name for this demon-like being:
en.wikipedia.org...

Again trying to call me out or say my experience wasn't real or that it was imagined is a waste of my time in responding to this thread but you are entitled to your opinion. Now read how many countries full of people have seen and named this type of demon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join