It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sounds like sleep apnea to me..

are you sleep deprived?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
THIS is a serious reply. I would experience sleep paralisis a few times in my adolescence and each time it was terrifying. I didn't exactly hear or see anything but it was simply a sensation that caused terror for some reason. I would try and scream for my mom but only faint groans would come out. I absolutely hated when they would happen.

TOday i am a christian who lives under the law of Christ. As such i have already learned to remain calm under sleep paralisis since i am fully aware of a presence that seems to move around the room while i'm in this state. The most direct experience i've had with these demons is once i was hearing two of them as if praying very loudly and in a very strange foreign tongue, as if praying against me. Their voices were extremely eery and chilling. But i know they cannot touch me much less abuse me since i am protected by living under the Word of God. I swear im not trying to make christian propoganda here, but im just sharing my experience.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

. So faith and logic would dictate that I really don't need to understand the why, only the way.

Your way of putting things sounds great! Where did you get those words my friend

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kinda freaky, it is strange that there appears to be "universal archetypes" which define the content of most dreams as defined by Jung.

What I find even more intriguing is the fact that many individuals who have taken '___' in a clinical trial with no knowledge of each other's experiences consistently report seeing the same phenomenon in almost the exact same sequence.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.erowid.org...'___'.shtml

www.youtube.com...

By no means am I a proponent of taking drugs but I do find this very interesting on an intellectual level. It uses a chemical produced by your pineal gland in the center of your brain.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by reaverto

who you replying to

????????

Very worrying

[edit on 26-11-2008 by albertfothergill]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by reaverto

I,m gonna have to watch them vids mate, cant do it tonight.

Thanks for the links

Alb F

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

Well, you got a lot of stars for that

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill
reply to post by TH3ON3

. So faith and logic would dictate that I really don't need to understand the why, only the way.

Your way of putting things sounds great! Where did you get those words my friend

At times the Holy Spirit gives me the words to post.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have had a couple of “night time” paralysis episodes when I was about 4-5 years old. Both times I remember lying on my back once and my stomach once. I thought at first maybe (hopefully) one of my parents was sitting on my lower legs. Not terribly heavy but enough that I had trouble moving them. I finally screamed for my mother who told me to go to sleep. I screamed till I finally lost my voice.

That Bitch!

Along the same vein, I had another night time incident. I remember being about the same age and I turned over to face the left side of my bed that was next to the wall. When I stretched out my hand, I found a surprise.

I wish it had been a bug!

I felt what seemed to be fingers and then slowly felt a very cold (have you ever touched a dead person?) hand. It didn’t move (thank god-I would have crapped myself). I jerked my hand back and didn’t do that again for a long while. I told myself it was my own hand even though the angle was impossible and I knew where my hand was (it made it bearable).

I never looked from under my sheets!
This was a house in Boiser City Louisiana. When we moved, that all stopped. We only lived there for about a year or so.

The last weird things that happened and (being older and studying metaphysics) I was able to sort of conjecture what they were I was about 24.

I lived in an upstairs apartment in Garland/Dallas Texas. Not a terrible neighborhood but interesting. One night I had a weird dream. I remember it being like it was filmed in negative. Something about the “something family horror”. Nothing scarey to see. Just scary because of perception. I hope you understand. I woke up feeling scared and not really knowing why. I have had nightmares (some I rather enjoy) and know they are nightmares and that’s it.

My small bedroom had a door that was about 4 feet from my bed, directly across from my head on the right side. This led into a very short hall of sorts that led straight to a bath and right to the rest of the apartment.

Upon waking I sort of “saw without seeing” a short, dark, hairy , muscular form crouched in the doorway. Sort of a primate shape of sorts. At the time I recognized its “presence” it jumped and snarled and tried to land on my belly. I t disappeared in mid air.

I REALLY nearly crapped then!

A few months later, my girlfriend (later wife) was staying the night. I went to the living room to turn on the stereo and I heard her calling for me then scream.

She had seen it too!

We did a “house cleaning” and it never came back

Some may think this is BS, I assure you on my honor its all legit.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Can you describe this being in detail please?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by E†E]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow, some of the replies are just ridiculous. This was no evil spirit. The vibration by your pelvis area was a chakra. The "evil spirit/demon" was made up by your mind because of the fear of the sleep paralysis. Your mind will scare you, it's kind of like a protection mechanism inside your consciousness that wants/thinks it's your best interest to not leave your body. You have to let go and not be afraid and know and BELIEVE that there's nothing that will harm you.
For me, when I have sleep paralysis, I will not see any sort of demons and most likely not see nothing and go into a out of body state. If I do see something, it's just usually my mom asking me something or one of my cats on my chest. Nothing scary like most people, because I know I can't get hurt.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What you experienced is called ASP, or Awareness during Sleep Paralysis, and appears to be very real while you are experiencing it.

I'd be willing to bet that you have very vivid dreams and wake up standing outside of your bed, or you talk in your sleep. Your sleep switch is screwed up. Do you snore?

I know, I know, it seemed VERY REAL. It's not.

The downside of this is that the more you talk about it, or read about it, the more you experience it. I could go into my own experiences, but I won't because I don't want to have them again. Let's just say I sometimes wake up screaming.

Good sleep habits are a must. You should try to go to bed about the same time every night and really not get sleep deprived (this will bring it on more than anything else).

If you find yourself in the middle of sleep paralysis, if you can remember to tell yourself you're only experiencing ASP, you can turn it into a lucid dream. The last time this happened, I was having a particularly vivid experience of an alien eating my leg, I though to myself, "This isn't real" and I floated through the wall of my bedroom, and started flying outside among the angels who had a message for me. It was a wonderful dream. After that, it never happened again.

It's very important that you realize what is happening. Do NOT sleep with a loaded gun or weapon of any kind nearby. Make sure you tell anyone who sleeps with you about your issues. Sleep deprivation and stress will bring this on and you ARE capable of violence during an episode.

Sleepwalking article

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I tried to U2U you cause I've had many similar experiences but I guess I need 20 posts here before they allow me to do that *sigh*

Anyways, the most recent was about 2 or 3 months ago. I had just put up my testimony on youtube of how I left Wicca for Christ. I got a great response from it and I think I annoyed some forces. That night I had a lucid dream...I was on my couch and had these creatures pulling at my arms and legs. I had my head in the pillows and was calling on Jesus. I finally broke free and fell to the floor. I finally got to my feet and with confidence started to recite the Lord's prayer. The room filled with light and a door appeared. I walked through it and then I awoke.

These are definitely spiritual attacks. Call on him and they will always disappear! Remember you are his and they have NO power over you. They are just trying to shake you up.

Have you had any where they were dragging you through your house?! Those will also be lucid and are terrifying.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You just had sex with a demon.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
holy !@#! !!!!! Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a DEMON atop my bed.
i have had the exact experience on multiple occasions!!!! no lie!!!! never did actually "see" the evil but i knew it was there all i could visibly make out was that this "thing" was void of light and in fact it seemed to be "pure darkness" to the effect it actually absorbed all surrounding light ( i came to this conclusion when i put my hand in it and could no longer see my hand beyond the "event horizon" . it went on for about 2 years - not daily or weekly but sparaticaly - sometimes while awake sometimes while i was half asleep sometimes while in my deepest slumber. i experienced no protection in my own home or my neighbors but it was certainly something that only happend between 2-3 am ( i call it magic hour ). it was'nt always sexual either and yes it was definately sexual. all i know is it felt like it was sucking something out of my chakras honestly for whatever reason some of the stimulation felt good - kepe in mind i didnt ( and still don't) know what it was or what was exactly going on but after a certain point i knew i didnt want any part of it. eventualy i finaly had enough of it and other things in my environment and moved; it did not follow - hey good luck i personaly only found protection from someone elses blessing and prayer ( temporarily )

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OP ~ I've read the entire thread, including the one over at GLP, and checked the links (wiki, etc.) to follow the mindflow occuring here.

First, each are going to have different pointviews on life's experiences, but one must be beyond dogma to achieve a truer direct connect awareness. That achieved (presuming some have), let's discuss the experience.

All said, high dreamer experience doesn't replace personal ability or archetypal knowledge; it's an advantage, however. The sleep paralysis can be caused from multiple set-ups, even the 'demon' source, itself, not to belay the grey & othersuch onsets (including biologic occurrences).

This experience is part of the unknown inner dimensional nature of existence. The immediate next level opens the door to the fuana (life) found there, largely consisting of feeders of human energies (flesh, blood, effluvium &c). This is once again the unknown to most, but not to those who have passed thru this archetypal development level.

Also, it occurs continually, regardless of beliefs, or knowledge. Stopping the feeding-invading is almost impossible, except through rigorous inner training, which few care to adhere to (point directions available). Generally, people experience this direct visit/attack randomly, but often becoming 'choice' victims of given entities, which can cause the experience to occur 5-6 times a year, whether it is known or realized or not.

Everybody experiences this. This goes on, humanity as the food source, basically unknown. It has since the earliest times. Why is humanity unaware of this? Humanity is too 'young,' energetically undeveloped at this rung; complicated by strong active preventative actitivities by dimensional/physical 'overlords' (rulers).

People don't seem to care to know about the other side. Children playing, but will one day mature (hopefully).

OP - best advice, learn to use white light brought from the soul globe (over your head ~ imposing statue/sculpture of which exists in front of the vatican!) for 'shield' action; use this instantly from the 3rd Eye area for 'repel' action (as a beam, pulse, or any such). Set up the shield force before each night's sleep (drawing the energy down into mind or heart). Perhaps you know this. The manipulation here is difficult: knowing that the 'fear' renders useless the inherent strength of the experiencer: the human embodied being is 6-to-10 times stronger than 'most' attacking sources/entities! Believing helps, but knowing this surely, works. You are mighty (with knowledge).

The occurence & noticing it is common enough. Mankind is the food source for these entities, so knowlege helps. We are in the 3rd-4th dimensions, wherein this is the natural order of existence (everything 1-4th dimensions must eat, horrifying as this may sound!). Not nice to kill, but food is necessary at these levels: humans have their awareness consumed by many inner dimensional fauna (high & low development). Life is everywhere, of all kinds; the universe brims with endless variety.

The strongest predators are known, but not revealed here.

Never fight sleep paralysis unless you see or suspect attack: move the body actively at this time, with effort. Otherwise, open yourself to the experience, and enter the natural deelopment of the body of light extrusion (which is an evolutional process). Knowing this makes it develop; not knowing will leave it to start & stop indefinitely; awareness & intent causes it to accelerate, bringing on the full etheric & astral exteriorization. Yes, this is all from personal experience and long-life training.

You are doing the right things: pay no attention to those without inner understanding. Your track is straight: accelerate.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Interesting read, one I can understand to a degree.. I've also been able to occasionally control my dreams, sometimes I 'dream' that I am in control (yet when I wake up I realise that I was dreaming I was in control, things I thought were still dream-state thoughts) and sometimes I can actually control them - and as someone else mentioned I think, everything I 'see' has a dark grey/dim view about it. It can be quite fun when things go crazy in these states, I've learned that when I'm being attacked/targeted in these states, that it is just a dream, and I allow whatever it is to be itself, and the feeling is almost like being on a rollercoaster ride - scary yet thrilling.. weird..

Anyway, a few years ago I was having a non-controlled dream where I felt I was concious, BUT I could hear this loud distant rustling, like a tin roof flapping violently in a storm, yet it was more static-ish than physical. It would start softly then rush to a loudness where I'd almost feel like I was going to have an attack or something. Suddenly, I felt like I was paralyzed in my bed, I could not open my eyes, and I felt as if I had woken up, but I also felt my dog lieing on top of me, on my chest, the weight was intense and she was breathing right next to my face. I couldnt move at all. Then I realised that the breathing was not that of my dog, but more deep and forced.

That scared the crap out of me, and I tried my best to say something, but it was impossible. I think my struggling must have caused something to change, because the next thing I remember is jolting as if I was kicking something, and then sitting up.

This had me completely freaked out, and I walked to my door to go to the bathroom, and when I opened my door, my dog was actually lieing down on the other side of my door - which is completely out of the ordinary for her, as she used to sleep in another part of the house, every single night.

My first thought was that she had felt something strange occurring and had come to lie at the door...

But it was something I'd never experienced before, and I certainly have had sleep paralysis before (still do quite often - makes me prefer to stay awake tbh), where you can hear mumbled voices and sounds as if people are moving around you.. this was completely different.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I get these a lot also, But instead of seeing, i hear them. I contacted a mediator expert and he said i have inner dimension connections.
I always hear people getting tortured and one time i sort of in a way talked to a demon, or what sounded like a demon to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i have several examples, i can share! some of these will be confirmation for those who are experiencing real phenomena and not medical problems.

so without further ado, the examples:

1) a friend, who had returned home to her family after being away at college, was sleeping on their living room couch. it was the middle of the night. the light was on in the living room. she woke facing the back of the couch and to a sense of dread, as if something were behind her, but she didn't have the courage to turn to see it. instead, an image formed in her mind of what it looked like. it was immense and totally black. no discernible features. she turned just in time to see it going down the hall of their house. she knew, it was going to her sister's bedroom. she did not know how, but she knew. she had a brother as well and his room was in the same hall and closer to the living room than the sister's room, but still she knew that's where it was going, as if it had told her so.

she took a deep breath, leapt up from the couch and ran into her mom's room to wake her up for moral support in confronting the thing, when suddenly her sister became to shriek. now the mom, my friend and her brother, all ran down the hall to rescue the sister.

when asked what had happened and what she saw, she said something totally black and gigantic, was in her room suffocating her by nearly crushing her lungs with its weight. they are a catholic family, so they had a priest come over to bless their home. dunno how well it worked out but that was many years ago and i haven't talked to the friend for probably 20 years at least.

2) my husband and his brother were tinkering around with a book on the occult and a ouija board. when they went to sleep that night, my husband was woken from a sound sleep by his entire bed moving around and shaking like an earthquake was in their room. he shared the room with his brother. he looked over to see his brother floating in the air above his bed. there was an open window near the bed and his brother's body began to float toward it. outside was a brilliant light but that's all he could discern. he said he could see his brother was strugging against whatever it was, but seemed nearly helpless. suddenly he yelled out, in the name of jesus! and the thing hurled him literally, back on his bed so hard, that my husband said he was surprised it didn't break the bed frame or hurt his brother.

when asked what had happened and what he had seen, his brother said he didn't see any kind of entity or being, he just woke up paralyzed and floating in the air toward the window. he thought whatever it was was trying to toss him out it because they were on the second floor and it was way up there. (personally, i think it was a thwarted abduction)

3) i don't have abduction dreams or experiences, per sey, but i've had some real interesting dreams. the series dreams are the ones that bug me. for several months, i would have the same type of dream every night, till i would pray for it to stop. examples were, working on the moon. every freakin' night, i would find myself working on the moon with a bunch of other people, all wearing the same blue one piece coveralls. it was bland and depressing. there was no sense of accomplishment, no joy, no one was happy, everyone was blase', no one talked, they just moved around sorta robotically. ugh.

another series dream, which predated the moon slavery thing, was puzzles.i was presented with various puzzles, problem solving situations, and was given the task of unravelling or otherwise deciphering the meaning. every night. night after night. the puzzles started off easy and got steadily harder, till finally they were presented as many puzzles at the same time and i was supposed to decipher all of them simultaneously. i'd wake up mentally exhausted. that's when i said, eh, screw this and prayed for it to stop.

there are other examples as well, such as fighting in a battle with medival armaments. every night, swords and shields and clunky armor. was weird, to be honest. prayed for it to stop.

and the one that ran the longest, and still comes back occasionally, is the space ship thing. i'm given a spaceship to pilot and instructions on what to do with it. and i zoom off, do whatever it is i'm supposed to do, and come back when it's done. i don't remember any of the details. just brief glimpses of lights and panels and technology i don't recognize.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join