It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The United Religions Initiative the Anti-Christ Religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A movement began in 1996 to bring the worlds religions together using the United Nations in an effort to work together to help bring about peace in the world and to end religious related violence. In 2000 they formed The United Religions Initiative and this is there mission statement:

"The purpose of the URI is to promote enduring daily interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence, and to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings."
uri.org

This seems all warm and fuzzy and it seems that this may be a good thing, but is it? They seem to be gaining more power and influence within the United Nations as time goes by:

The United Religions Initiative is in a unique position at the United Nations because it is represented in multiple ways. The URI became an NGO affiliated with the Department of Public Information in 2001 and in 2007 was granted Special Consultative Status to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations. The main representative is Ms. Monica Willard and the alternate representative is Sr. Carol Zinn. In addition, there is a Cooperation Circle of the URI at the UN comprised of the NGO representatives of various organizations and UN bodies. This Cooperation Circle serves as a bridge between the UN and the URI CCs around the world.
Wikipedia

I find it interesting that the UN would grant any kind of economic statues to a religious organization, especially a organization that is so new.

This is a clear case of people using the UN to create a one world religion:

Speculation:
A group of tenants moved into the Presidio after the military moved out of this facility the list goes like this.
The Gorbachev Foundation
Thoreau Center for Sustainability
Institute for Sustainable Development
Partnership for Change
Rudolf Steiner Foundation Rudolf Steiner
International Forum on Globalization
Tides Center
And
Uri.org

This list proves nothing, but to see so many “global organizations” gathered in one place is interesting to say the least. If any members here live in San Francisco it would be great if we can verify if these groups are all in this location.

Now this is just weird

“Lift us to the level of the universal…. Chant the names of the gods. Start with om: Om Krishna… Om Buddha…" The leader of a United Religions worship service.
"A highlight for me was being asked to perform a 'traditional Wiccan foundation blessing' in the closing ceremony.... I specifically invoked Hekate and Hermes by name, and [Episcopal] Bishop Swing was right there raising his arms in invocation with the rest of the Circle! We have, indeed, come a long way." [Emphasis added] Don Frew, National Interfaith Representative.
"Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." Ephesians 5:11
Heresy in High places

What say you? Is this the anti-Christ religion? With all of there good words will they turn you into slaves or worse?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I have always said that it would be most dangerous when you get religion mixed up with the UN. Don't really know if this is the antichrist religion, but it sure paves the way for the persecution of true christians in a new world order.

John 14:6 (New International Version) New International Version (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society [NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan] 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So this is clearly against the Bible.

I will keep my eye on this organization in the future.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Interesting stuff LDargonFire. I won't answer positively to the proposition that the URI may be the Anti-Christ religion but would certainly question it and its aims and intentions.

Such "mission statements" as "The purpose of the URI is to promote enduring daily interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence, and to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings.", make me chuckle. Sound all lovely and fluffy but how are they going to ensure peace, justice and healing between lions and gazelles? Should woodpeckers be reconditioned to stop attacking those noble trees?

Such organisations as this perpetuate the myth that religion has been a force for evil and violence in the world. There is no doubt religion has been used as a justification for violence but the motivation has always been money/power/land. Human beings responded better to "For God and Country!" than "For Living Space and Country!". In fact history shows that the bloodiest of conflicts was one which used that entirely material justification, and untempered by religious sentiment, was the bloodiest and ugliest war in history.

The synchretism involved in Episcopalian Bishops raising their hands in Wiccan blessings is shocking and preposterous. Its a shame that some Christian leaders have chosen apologetic gestures over apologetics. The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue noted in 2003 that:

Some international institutions are actively pursuing campaigns which promote respect for “religious diversity”, and claim religious status for some questionable organisations. This fits in with the New Age vision of moving into an age where the limited character of particular religions gives way to the universality of a new religion or spirituality. Genuine dialogue, on the other hand, will always respect diversity from the outset, and will never seek to blur distinctions in a fusion of all religious traditions.
Sou rce

It seems the NWO has it's twin in the New Age spirituality of equivalence and a "mutual respect" which might more properly be called "self disrespect."

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is an AWESOME thread!!!! A REALLY important subject.

I have a lot to say on the subject, but I have to go to work now.... I'll be back!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Another thing I have yet to be stated here is this body at the UN aims to end fundamentalism in all religions. That means anyone with a dissenting view must be handled, according to them. That would mean a christians belief that Jesus as the messiah, being the one true way to the Father, would not be looked at very highly. Or the part in the Jewish ten commandments about not having any other gods before God. Many of these groups espouse the same stuff Benjamin Creme(who proclaims another christ is about to emerge on the world stage) and Share International do, and would not be suprised if there was a connection. There are also efforts to get this incorporated into government through the Alliance of Civilizations, and Europe is leading the way with their year of intercultural dialogue which can be read about here.

www.interculturaldialogue2008.eu...

And here is the Alliance of Civilizations home page

www.unaoc.org...

Lets also not forget the Theosophical Society, which got the whole ball rolling here.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
What say you? Is this the anti-Christ religion?

It is, whether intentionally designed to be so or not. A Christian knows:

"What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?" - 2 Corinthians 6:15

"And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal." - Romans 11:4

This has happened a number of times in history, this one is just the most modern attempt. If it fails, it will be tried again until it succeeds.

Originally posted by LDragonFire
With all of there good words will they turn you into slaves or worse?

If they can convince everyone that this is 'right' and 'good' for everybody, there would be no need to enslave. Your soul would already be sold on the idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
Such organisations as this perpetuate the myth that religion has been a force for evil and violence in the world. There is no doubt religion has been used as a justification for violence but the motivation has always been money/power/land.

Anyone with a history book should be able to nod and say, "yes, this is true".

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

What say you? Is this the anti-Christ religion? With all of there good words will they turn you into slaves or worse?

Not wanting to purposefully offend here but isn't unquestioningly adhereing to religious doctrine itself a form of (diluted) mental slavery?
It puts it into context when you think the opposite action of mindlessly conforming to unprovable opinion is known as enlightened FREE thinking.

As for the U.N. attempting to end extremist ,radical, religious fundamentalism-if it is true then I'm all for it.
This radical extremist religious mindset (of any flavour) has acted as a catalyst for countless acts of bigotry,prejudice,ignorance,suffering, violence and death down the years.
It is the bane of humankind and any organisation who attempts to neutralise (or dilute) it has my full support.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I for one do believe that God is waiting for the human species to evolve into beings that learn to see unity and peace are the only way.

What if truly, unity and peace awakens here...are we going to shut her out because a book forewarns the dangers. Sure, the dangers are obvious, but so are the truths. I know it doesn't seem possible, being there are so many differences in all of us and many like to be the dominate over the other....but what if this is our lesson? Not to only learn humble living in ourselves...but as a unit...as a ONE.

Just thoughts
LV

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For anyone of genuine faith I fail to see why anything other than earnest prayer is needed to help anyone else "see the light". I also fail to see why anyone would think that tolerance equals "self disrespect". For myself, I find that my own sense of self-respect eliminates a need to seek agreement in others. To me that is faith and strength.

Is you disapprove of harmony and tolerance then how can you embrace anything other than destruction? And if this is the means, then what has left hope and love in the end?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The UN is an blasphemous institution we need to watch closely. It's an organization that has been prophesied about in the book of Revelations, in fact, the book of Revelations says that the UN will act as the "8th king" for a short period of time (Rev 17:11).

What is interesting to note is that TPTB have this "order out of chaos" ideology. Have you noticed how the League of Nations was created after WWI to supposedly ensure peace and security for the world. Having failed to keep peace in the world, the League of Nations virtually plunged into an abyss of inactivity. By 1942 it was shut down.

Which institution was created after WWII? That's right, the United Nations, which is pretty much a mirror copy of the League of Nations but with a different name.

Now, pay attention to this prophecy, and see if you can make the connection with the above information:

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction." - Revelation 17:8a.

I have to change my baby's diaper, but I'll be back to post about more prophecies related to the UN.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting thread, good find! However, from what I've read, it seems like all they are trying to do is prevent different religions from getting at odds with one another, and as a Christian, I find nothing wrong with that. Yes, I believe that Christianity is the one true way, and if someone chooses not to believe in Christianity, I can do nothing but love that person. In the same respect, everyone has the right to believe or not believe in what they want, and so we should all co-exist peacefully. If an organization wants to help speed up the process of co-habitation with our differences, then I'm all for it. However, maybe I interpret the article wrong.

In my own opinion, I always think that if in the future, the integration of Christianity and Islam will be the "anti Christ's religion".
Good thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have a few questions to ask because I am doing my own personal search on this matter of the One World Religon. Who are the members of
URI? I know the Board of Directors consist of Paul Chafee, Rita Semel,
and Sri Ravi Peruman. I would also like to know what relgion each person in the URI practice. If anyone knows please contact me at: [email protected] What lead me to this site was my research on Revelations chapters 12-13. I added this site to my favorites under my rapture studies. This Site has been a big help.

join