It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did people vote for obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
when they could have voted for hillary and got the same exact cabinet, but with a few more years in the experience department. i see no difference between these two people.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
She is shrill, Obama is not...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I voted for Obama because he's a minority representing minorities. It's what I've been looking for in a presidential candidate and unbelievably the American people actually elected the right person for the job without any GOP voter fraud as was held during the first Bush administration.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I voted for Obama because he's a minority representing minorities. It's what I've been looking for in a presidential candidate and unbelievably the American people actually elected the right person for the job without any GOP voter fraud as was held during the first Bush administration.

GOP didnt need voter fraud this time, dems had ACORN

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

ACORN paid employees by the form, so they went home and filled out the phone books. There was no voter fraud because these people didn't ever go to the polls. The employees simply got the company for more money.

You don't actually believe Obama rigged the election, do you?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Swatman

ACORN paid employees by the form, so they went home and filled out the phone books. There was no voter fraud because these people didn't ever go to the polls. The employees simply got the company for more money.

You don't actually believe Obama rigged the election, do you?

no im not saying he did at all. im guessing you are a minority if you wanted a minority representative?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
people voted for obama because it was the "cool" thing to do. black people actually bothered to vote this time because it was one of them. they didnt even consider that he is unnexperienced and is going to screw up this country. they only thought "o man yo he is black like me i should go vote so i can get more wellfare"

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raman
people voted for obama because it was the "cool" thing to do. black people actually bothered to vote this time because it was one of them. they didnt even consider that he is unnexperienced and is going to screw up this country. they only thought "o man yo he is black like me i should go vote so i can get more wellfare"

that is 100% truth. proof enough was the left wing media showing all the black celebrities and rap stars running around with obama shirts and crying on air.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

That's the most racist crap I've ever heard! Your the second one today to pull the race card on a white guy!

I wanted to elect a minority because he will connect with middle-eastern minority's as well as white leaders. Many of whom think we are ignorant white people who don't understand their culture (and Bush certainly doesn't).

He is also a minority who is representing the middle class. This is a victory on both levels because we haven't had anyone representing the majority of America for the past 8 years. Additionally it shattered a racial barrier and the belief that an African descent could not make it into the white house.

He is also a very accomplished scholar being the first elected president of Harvard law review among other obvious community accomplishments.

The right man got the job this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Things are going to get so bad over the next 3-5 years that no human being alive will be able to ward off the crash. By "crash" I mean on many levels: economic, social, cultural, US position in the world, quality of life, etc. We aren't going to hell necessarily, but its going to be "snakes" rather than "ladders" for sure.

Arguing about whether candidate X would be better than candidate Y at this point is like arguing about which brand of lifesaver to wear as you stand with your back to a 70-foot tsunami wall of water barreling down on you.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

1. The documented Democratic voter fraud has been AT LEAST 75% higher than any occasional GOP linked voter fraud.

2. The puppet masters behind Obamao have reportedly planned for decades to destroy all blacks and other non-Caucasian minorities via engineered diseases and other disasters. They evidently are scheduled to make Hitler look like an innocent choir boy, by comparison.

3. Along the way, they realized that many minorities were useful idiots in order to help their power mongering along faster toward the tyrannical global government. However, their attitudes and goals of exterminating minorities have reportedly not changed at all.

4. Anyone who believed the MSM fertilizer about Obamao likey deserves what they still may well get--if the Supreme Court fails to do it's job about his being born in Kenya; his money raising fraud etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Swatman

That's the most racist crap I've ever heard! Your the second one today to pull the race card on a white guy!

I wanted to elect a minority because he will connect with middle-eastern minority's as well as white leaders. Many of whom think we are ignorant white people who don't understand their culture (and Bush certainly doesn't).

He is also a minority who is representing the middle class. This is a victory on both levels because we haven't had anyone representing the majority of America for the past 8 years. Additionally it shattered a racial barrier and the belief that an African descent could not make it into the white house.

He is also a very accomplished scholar being the first elected president of Harvard law review among other obvious community accomplishments.

how exactly was what i said racist??/ it is the 100% truth. Why do you think obama won states such as north carolina and virginia? because of the influx of african americans to those two states in the past 8 years.

and he represents the middle class???? since when does a harvard graduate lawyer represent the middle class??

and #3, what exactly has he done in chicago that makes him the right man for the job??

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Alan Keyes would be a better man for the job. Take it to the bank.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
He represents the middle class by promising tax breaks and relief to poor families. I totally agree the black turnout was overwhelming and absolutely it was because he was black no doubt about it. It was merely racist that you would assume I'm a minority because I believe in minority's being in the white house.

You see not everyone is a mindless sack of crap who goes to vote playing the race card. We had a choice, McCain who blatently called the president elect an aid to terrorists... OR a person who clearly understands foreign policy, true laws of the US (including constitutional), and a much clearer understanding on the economy.

John McCain has been quoted on saying "I don't know much about the economy, I still have much to learn". It has been deemed his weakest point of strength, and it shined through in the debates.

John McCain isn't the biggest hurdle for the GOP voters to jump over however. It was Sarah Palin. If John McCain was elected and then died this inexperienced piece of Alaskan Moose hide would basically be drunk behind the wheel of American politics. That's what we could not stand for, we would not stand for a chance of another 4 years of poor foreign policy (all topics aside). Sarah Palin stayed true that she has the credentials because Alaska was geographically close to Russia. Give us a break.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by blowfishdl

1. The documented Democratic voter fraud has been AT LEAST 75% higher than any occasional GOP linked voter fraud.

2. The puppet masters behind Obamao have reportedly planned for decades to destroy all blacks and other non-Caucasian minorities via engineered diseases and other disasters. They evidently are scheduled to make Hitler look like an innocent choir boy, by comparison.

3. Along the way, they realized that many minorities were useful idiots in order to help their power mongering along faster toward the tyrannical global government. However, their attitudes and goals of exterminating minorities have reportedly not changed at all.

4. Anyone who believed the MSM fertilizer about Obamao likey deserves what they still may well get--if the Supreme Court fails to do it's job about his being born in Kenya; his money raising fraud etc.

I think me and Swatman are having a much more educational discussion than this trash that you plastered this intelligent forum post with. Only intelligent posts please.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

reply to post by Swatman

how exactly was what i said racist??/ it is the 100% truth. Why do you think obama won states such as north carolina and virginia? because of the influx of african americans to those two states in the past 8 years.

and he represents the middle class???? since when does a harvard graduate lawyer represent the middle class??

and #3, what exactly has he done in chicago that makes him the right man for the job??

Don't you know that if you don't like Obama then that means you must be a racist? People voted for him for two reasons. The first is because he is a Democrat, it didn't matter who was running for the Dems, they was going to vote for them. The second is because he is black. Its a sad truth, but is the truth nonetheless.

Those who voted against or say the wrong guy got elected will be labeled a racist. It doesn't matter that the people who call us that cannot tell you who the speaker of the house is, who their congressman is or what Obamas voting record is. All that will matter is we don't like him and he is black so it must be that we are racist.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

He represents the middle class by promising tax breaks and relief to poor families. I totally agree the black turnout was overwhelming and absolutely it was because he was black no doubt about it. It was merely racist that you would assume I'm a minority because I believe in minority's being in the white house.

You see not everyone is a mindless sack of crap who goes to vote playing the race card. We had a choice, McCain who blatently called the president elect an aid to terrorists... OR a person who clearly understands foreign policy, true laws of the US (including constitutional), and a much clearer understanding on the economy.

John McCain has been quoted on saying "I don't know much about the economy, I still have much to learn". It has been deemed his weakest point of strength, and it shined through in the debates.

John McCain isn't the biggest hurdle for the GOP voters to jump over however. It was Sarah Palin. If John McCain was elected and then died this inexperienced piece of Alaskan Moose hide would basically be drunk behind the wheel of American politics. That's what we could not stand for, we would not stand for a chance of another 4 years of poor foreign policy (all topics aside). Sarah Palin stayed true that she has the credentials because Alaska was geographically close to Russia. Give us a break.

but you never answered the question. what has he done as an IL senator that has helped minorities or the middle class????

and you said he understands foreign policy?// haha whatever you say man.

and john mccains tax plan also helped the middle class and low class.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Swatman]

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It was racist to assume I'm a minority because I voted for Barack and wanted a minority in the White House. That assumes all Obama supporters were black.

There's a lot of racial tension on these boards and I would feel very uncomfortable if I was of African descent.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

It was racist to assume I'm a minority because I voted for Barack and wanted a minority in the White House. That assumes all Obama supporters were black.

There's a lot of racial tension on these boards and I would feel very uncomfortable if I was of African descent.

Another poster may have assumed that, I did not. A white man or woman can accuse another white person of being racist just as fast as a black person can.

So exactly what was your reasoning for replying to my post? After all you had already stated that you are not a minority.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by jd140]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join