It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Monkey in Your Family Tree?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Being RH negative blood, there is probably something grey in my family tree. That and quite a few people that are in history books that shall remain nameless.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Man didn't evolve from an ape like ancestor.
Apes evolved with us like everything else.
We evolved from reptile like creatures because there is proof that at one time on this earth there was nothing but these creatures and some amphibians.
And this was before the Dinosaurs.
They were the ancestors of modern mammals.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Man didn't evolve from an ape like ancestor.
Apes evolved with us like everything else.

Modern apes did, yes. But all modern species of great ape (including humans) share an ape-like ancestor.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
There's no monkey in my family but there are apes, we all are apes. Man is ape, by definition.

Good Wolf-well said.

I defy any of the Anti-simian brigade to read 'The Naked Ape' by Desmond Morris and (plausibly) debunk or refute any of it.

Cheers Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterweb

No. But some of my inlaws are real animals.

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
What if, we... actually are from another world in other words our ancestors were alien?

that's pretty much what I believe. 'adam and eve' were planted here by our alien ancestors. Either that, or they were aliens themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
dat da dat da da da da da (bad aproximation of the cavalry bugle charge)!!

yay more sillyness

how to prove this guy entirley wrong in less then the first 2 minutes of his video .....

why is there no common ancestor and apes become a problem .....

becasue they are on a tragectory and a branch that doesnt lead to human biengs ...... how to solve this

anthropology.si.edu...

www.livescience.com... ong+and+controversial,+with+significant+gaps.+Experts+do+not+agree+on+many+of+the+start+and+end+points+of+vari

this one even lists them specifically as prehuman primates (apes to you and me)

i guess we was looking at the wrong picture, if only he had heard of google he could have saved the world so much suffering caused by people watching this twaddle and thier brains melting

problem solved everything until you hit the homo's are ape's directly leading to humans how about that ...

shall i watch the rest of the video i wonder?

can you post some hovind next at least we can really have a laugh then if he took his act on the comedy circuit he would make a fortune

p.s. you do realise he holds a doctorate in how to read the bible? not a scientist, not even a computer engineer like many seem to be

[edit on 21/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What if, we, that is the Primate race called humankind, actually are from another world in other words our ancestors were alien?

Its just a Question; so can it be proven that we aren't?

I mean how do you prove anything? Proof is only Proof if the recipient accepts it!

Just because there's no proof that we weren't genetically engineered by aliens, doesn't mean that we were. There needs to be an actual reason to believe the claim, supported by evidence. Currently, belief in such a theory is faith-based and unsupported by science.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

Just because there's no proof that we weren't genetically engineered by aliens, doesn't mean that we were. There needs to be an actual reason to believe the claim, supported by evidence. Currently, belief in such a theory is faith-based and unsupported by science.

This is the Publics standpoint!

Are you fully informed of everything that exists?

We both know the Answer to this Don't we?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

sorry matrix this is the god of gaps argument with beardy man becoming a grey

we dont have to prove it wrong we have evidence that evolution is correct

its for you to prove that this is not the case and it was tinkered with not for us to prove incorrect

its a possability yes in the same way a sky daddy did it is, but all the evidence points the other way at the moment

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

In your Dreams.... But Dreams are Free.

When you Die yourself, I guess you will just have to accept reality and Truth and all the B.S. will go back into the ground to be eaten.

Just a part of the Evolved Food Chain I Guess.... LOL..

Let all of us on ATS know your thoughts as you die and after you are meant to be dead drop a line to ATS and tell us we are all wrong..

Could be a very interesting Post...

Good luck with pretending.

I believe Life!

Not the Primate!

And yes my flesh shall go into the ground and yes it is a Primate but as for my real self, I shall withdraw from your program called Earth, and return from whence I came.

There is Intelligence back there, and the primate is one big joke...

If we didn't laugh about the Primate, we would cry!

Be happy primate and be thankful you have been able to see a little of Creation.

I guess you are going to tell everyone You evolved your self.

Hmmm some magic man can I have a little of your magic please....

Thank goodness not all the worlds are made like yours.

Joy to the World may your Primate be put aside.... LOL..

Any way Cheers have another drink on me ...LOL...

There is a good little game for you to play on Xbox or Computer, called "Serious Sam"! LOL...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by masterweb

No. But some of my inlaws are real animals.

What if, we... actually are from another world in other words our ancestors were alien?

that's pretty much what I believe. 'adam and eve' were planted here by our alien ancestors. Either that, or they were aliens themselves.

This is why I love ATS ... the diversity of belief is fantastic.

Ok ... from you point of view, both FlyersFan and Matrix, how does one account for the genetic similarity between humans and other primates?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Other simians would have to be alien too.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I also believe that there is some similarity between primates and other animals species.

Is all life an alien experiment gone right/wrong (depending on your point of view and personal outlook for the future)?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Maybe EVERYTHING is extraterrestiral.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

No problem as you are also aware there are many different species of the cat family too.

Yes I am a primate now doubt about that, as I saw myself in the mirror while shaving this morning and yes there was that Primate again incidentally I have rather got used to wearing this primate and hopefully I may get the chance to try out a couple more in future lives! ..LOL..

The orangutan looks like he could be a near cousin or maybe an aunt... LOL

And the chimpanzee now he's a crazy guy.

Could by another cousin.

But I reckon we are not a bad lot either, perhaps a little funny at times, or a bit of a joke, but hey, I am not all seriousness.

I love to raise a few eye brows and get people thinking.

So why do thy Lock my relations up in Zoos?

Maybe we could put a few humans in the zoo too, just to complete the collection of primate species, what do you think?

But at least let them be able to contact ATS, to check out the latest jokes!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well I guess this chunk of rock is in Space guess that makes us alien to others ...LOL.

I bet others will be saying,

Why on Earth would you want to go to the Earth?

Maybe that's where the name Earth came from an alien joke... LOl

You can't be serious all the time, it gets tiring for an ol fool like me...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The Dawn of Man:

Nuff said...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
question: if we came from monkeys, why do the monkeys look the same and we look like we do? I have seen a monkey who know sign language with the help of an instructer at the zoo and I still don't know to sign.

not to say I do not like banana's

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

question: if we came from monkeys

WE DID NOT COME FROM MONKEYS!!

We share a common ancestor with them.

[edit on 21/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Look would someone kill that dam monkey!!!

I am not a monkey I am a Primate! Well of the primate family anyway and I am a proud primate too.

I reckon we should have a war with monkeys just to let them know we are more intelligent and Don't need a tail any more and we don't have to climb for banana's the ol plastic gets mine as I must confess I like the odd banana but that still doesn't say I am a monkey.

I Am Not a Monkey

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join