It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supreme Court to Conference on Obama's Presidential Eligibility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL
May I ask of this information also please as I too seem to be misguided on that issue

Certainly, this is what I linked on my post:

From the document Acquisition of US Citizenship By Birth In The United States (from the Department of State's webpage), on page 6:

Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by danx]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whether Obama was born in the United States of America or not doesn't make a damn difference. If any President Black or White, American or not intends to bring destruction, then there is nothing you can do, because in the first place, you were all fools to vote for them. Then again, how could you tell what there intensions were?

Besides, the United States of America is divided, it has been for hundreds of years after the death of George Washington. The United States should make every man, women and child equal in all States, and get rid of all those different laws for each individual state. Anyway, what should I say, I'm not an American, but I believe The United States can lend a helping hand that all of mankind face, but it has major problems in its democracy. Wish it luck, but I doubt the United States as it is now, the very foundations of it will crumble which then will bring its collapse.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Starance]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by MAINTAL
May I ask of this information also please as I too seem to be misguided on that issue

Certainly, this is what I linked on my post:

From the document Acquisition of US Citizenship By Birth In The United States (from the Department of State's webpage), on page 6:

Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by danx]

Well wow! I just finished reading it and it would be a shame to not allow someone who is a veteran having spent that much time a POW and all his years of service.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I hope so. One problem is if they rule him as "natural-born" and don't release the BC for public view, people are still going to balk.

As I understand they won't rule on anything in a "conference" besides either allowing the writ to proceed or dismissing it summarily.

My guess is since this was FIRST presented to Justice Suiter and denied and THEN sent to Justice Thomas...they scheduled a conference to briefly discuss as protocol requires and then will summarily dismiss the case, thus preventing the aggravation of having this case presented to each and every justice.

It's the legal version of children who ask mommy for something and get denied and then they ask daddy hoping to get different answers...well the SCOTUS wants to be able to send a clear message by being able to say in a united fashion ALL of the justices discussed the case and agreed it was without merit.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It seems to me that were there any credible claim against Obama with respect to his nativity, the Republicans would have dug it up long ago and used it against him. This claim appears to be specious. I expect that the Supreme Court will vote unanimously against hearing this case. Just a wild guess...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starance

the United States of America is divided,

You are no doubt very correct in what you say. However, I would like to fill you in on one difference.

When it matters the most and things get tough, we Americans unite and we all bleed RED WHITE and BLUE

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So many posters are saying "come on, how could he have gotten all this way without anyone agency or person checking his status".

Its the federal government, would you be all that suprised if they just didn't check it out? Think of the people we are talking about. They are morons. It might not have even crossed thier minds. I really would not be at all suprised.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow, never has a more dumbed down group of people invaded the internet.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Because of all of the DEMOCRAT and Republican NOminations ... Dem's knew that they would not have a chance if they didn't go way out in left field ... I mean ... Here you have Hillary WHO should have been the NOminee ... but lookie lookie ... =-) .. Holla ..

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starance

Besides, the United States of America is divided, it has been for hundreds of years after the death of George Washington. .....Anyway, what should I say, I'm not an American, .....it has major problems in its democracy. Wish it luck, but I doubt the United States as it is now, the very foundations of it will crumble which then will bring its collapse.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Starance]

Yes...Its clear you are not an American, that explains your misguided views.

The USA, unlike most places in the world, is premised on the idea that radically different views, ethnicities, opinions...people.. can coexist and that despite those differences, when challenged we come together as brothers and sisters, despite our differences. It is our premise. That is the gamble we took when we created this country in the times of kings and dictatorships.

I wouldn't be so quick to confuse our plurality of opinions and freedom of speech for weaknesses, it is our strength. Think alloy.

I imagine in a world where the norm seems to be to mute opposing views to the establishment through violence, censorship and oppression, the USA must at times appear vehemently divided, when in truth what is being witnessed is the stark contrast to most of the world as the greatest democracy on earth evolves.

Americans are a giant family that argues loudly...a lot. But when challenged we are one family UNITED.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm glad Obama won the election. But we must uphold the constitution and get to the truth of this matter. Has everyone seem to forgotten that Obama's grandmother said she was present in Kenya when Obama was born? Is that true or false? And if it was his grandmother, why would she lie about that? (Maybe someone killed his grandmother to keep her quiet.
) Or was she referring to Obama's father?

www.israelnationalnews.com...

thewideawakes.org...

www.wnd.com...

This birth certificate deal is a big one... so much so, that when you go Google and merely type "obama's" in the search bar, the first option that shows up in the pull down menu selector is "obama's birth certificate."

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
At first glance it seems that this is a "big" news story because all these official sounding "court proceedings" and papers are being filed, etc. Makes you feel as if the wheels are turning.

But when you step back and look at the facts, the "case" appears to be about as serious as some frivolous lawsuit filed by a trouble-making prisoner down at the state penitentiary whose only motivation is to "stick it" to the system that he feels has let him down. So "take this!" he exclaims as he puts a wrench into the legal system...

As the right wing knows can happen, there are many frivolous lawsuits that get filed in this country. They know this because they call out liberals on doing it all the time (in the name of anti-corporatism, environmental "whackos", etc..).

Unfortunately for the right, this is just another frivolous case that will get tossed out into the back alley, where it belongs. The allegations are not only ridiculous, they have already been proven incorrect (therefore, frivolous).

It sucks for anti-Obamaians because you are all setting yourselves up for great disappointment once this gets tossed out. And it's just another case showing how much more similar we all are (frivolous suits) than different.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Has everyone seem to forgotten that Obama's grandmother said she was present in Kenya when Obama was born?

My GM, God rest her soul, confused me for her long deceased brother for the last 5 years of her life.

Also there are serious doubts as to whether she actually said that.

(Maybe someone killed his grandmother to keep her quiet.
)

Wrong Grandmother and offensive/insensitive.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

We the Sheeple are governed/ruled by opposames.Looks like the game thats being played has painted us all in a corner.Where do we go from here?If were so concerned about Obamas birthplace why not take a good look at the birthplace of the Federal Reserve.All of a sudden the country is in a panic ....over what... nonexistant money (wall st and banks)I did a price check at Walmart the other day and the price of Parker Bros. game Monopoly hasntt fluctuated!Why do we have an economic crisis I keep asking myself. Its all a fabrication...our money and the crisis.I keep hearing in the recesses of my mind the phrase from the infamous Wizard of OZ "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"Let us all awaken long enough to realize not the Great Depression but it should The Great DECEPTION...screw em I aint gonna play!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam...we disagree on a whole lot and sometimes dramatically so, but you got a star from me for this.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My take on what would happen if the SCOTUS declared Obama ineligible - mind you this is completely without precedent. But I believe his whole candidacy, including all decisions he made, all cash received, would be declared null and void. In addition (again, just a guess on my part):

1. I don't think POTUS would be handed over to Biden. There's a VERY good chance Hilary would make a case for herself saying that she was denied the chance to run for election since she would have been the next logical front-runner and would demand a re-election with her on the ticket and her choice of running mate. She may also request 3 to 6 months to campaign her views, her agenda, her running mate, etc. Heck, she may even demand another round of debates.

If the above were to happen I wonder if John McCain would be allowed to choose a new running mate or if he would be required to keep Sarah Palin - or if he would even want to choose a new running mate.

2. I believe that the court would rule that anyone who could show proof of a campaign contribution to the Obama/Biden campaign could demand a refund.

3. And I'm really not wanting this to degenerate into a hate thread. I do believe there would be some rioting going on in the larger cities as those loyal to Obama and willing to give him a pass on the "natural born" issue would protest the ruling in the only way they knew how - by rioting and protesting.

It would be a tremendous mess that would set politics back decades.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Has everyone seem to forgotten that Obama's grandmother said she was present in Kenya when Obama was born?

My GM, God rest her soul, confused me for her long deceased brother for the last 5 years of her life.

Also there are serious doubts as to whether she actually said that.

(Maybe someone killed his grandmother to keep her quiet.
)

Wrong Grandmother and offensive/insensitive.

My great-grandmother on my father's side was 92 when she died and her memory was intact. She was as sharp as a tack from what I'm told.

You can't just assume that Obama's grandmother is senile without any evidence to back it up, just because she says something you don't like. The claim needs to be thoroughly examined and investigated.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is all a load of malarky. Even the national review (a conservative publication) says so. His mother was an american citizen, and that's all that really matters - even if he was actually born in Kenya. Like it or not, Obama won the election fair and square. Get over it.

bench.nationalreview.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join