It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

I don't care if obama's supporters want to celebrate his victory, but I do care how they do it. If they want to think of him as a messiah-like figure and therefore blindly follow and accept whatever obama says and does without even thinking about it, I think that would be bad and dangerous for this country. Likewise, I also think those that want to use obama's election as an excuse to "get even with whitey", will only end up making things worse for themselves and the rest of this country.

Let me remind everyone of 2 key facts on this "getting even" issue. Unless they recently emigrated to the U.S. from a country where slavery was legal, no one here has ever owned a slave. And unless they also recently emigrated to the U.S. from a country where slavery was legal, no one here has ever been a slave.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
THERE you go again, the beautiful and oh so extravagant Prince Georges County. That place is the biggest joke on God's Green Earth. Just to provide some insight into the Race issue within that location, you have to realize that PG County touts itself as being the County with the Highest Percentage of Citizens who are Middle-Class Black Americans. It is supposed to be a "Black County", with "Educated Blacks", and evidence as to the success and power of "Black Middle-Class America". However, it is one of the biggest garbage pits in this Nation.

I know plenty of great folks that live/ have lived there, but overall it is horrible. There are nice neighborhoods too, just like any other location in America, but again, overall it is a place that you do not want to live. If anything, the County has proven to be the greatest purveyor of the stereotypical Anarchist aspect of "Black America'. It is sad indeed.

I have a close acquaintance who attended PGCC, and it turned out to be a Great Opportunity for them, especially seeing how they hailed from the roughest section of D.C. That considered, I am actually a little shocked that this occurred, even in PG County.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
"they should be grateful and not ask for more!"

Johnny I think that is the point!

I agree that they should feel proud that someone who is half African American has made it to one of the most important positions in the free world.

However, at the same time I feel they should have to work just as hard to achieve what I or any other White person has had to do to succeed. No silver spoons here my friend.

I think they should be grateful that White America so they speak has come a long way at putting aside the racial division that was present for so many years. Are we to just lay down now and allow them to take liberties against us?

Furthermore not one African American or White American in this country was alive during slavery. I feel they have as much racism to work on ending as whites do.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
thing to remember is I am white and did not vote this year because of
the 2000 election and yes I thought that it would be fixed like the
2000 election.
I due not beleive in slavery and hope that our world as we know it, will
not become like that.
If I had voted it would have been for Obama because look and see
how the republicans have dragged us down to this.

job lossees - unemployment rising
people loosing homes
bailouts

too many secrets unknown
no more hatting

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

While most people tend to make broad, emotional statements based strictly on opinion I generally post facts, back them up with legitimate sources, and let people draw their own conclusions.

You mean like from your first post on this thread?

-"Though in the long run I think they did this girl a favor, she is a lot wiser now. She could have received a much harsher lesson at that college."

Such as? I guess its just me but I missed the part where you posted those legitimate sources for me to draw my own conclusion. The fact that most of the students and the teacher were black had nothing to do with that "harsher lesson" eh?

-"But I suppose if one doesn’t like the facts, and can’t negate them, then it is easier to call it “drivel”. "

I dont know about anyone else, but bringing up Bush in a thread that has nothing remotely to do with him does seem like drivel to me.

-"Which is exactly what you just did. You do not like the point I made regarding population increase and the supposed “racism” that is killing off people of color, so you simply say “drivel!”. Please, if you believe it is incorrect, present your argument and back it up. Hey I already suggested the alien theory, maybe you should run with that idea."

Or you could ignore the fact that sweatmonicaIdo already countered this argument for just about everyone and theres no need to rehash it.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is so sad! I had a similar experience just because of who I voted for and because I am white! My vote had nothing to do with race and everything to do with the issues! Unfortunately, no matter what you say, you are made to feel like you are wrong! In my opinion, they are way worse than the "christians" that people have been so eager to bash on this website and so many others!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ok first off, Whites have been slaves just has blacks have been slaves but you see us bringing it up do you? Second People act as if he is immune to failure...Like in four 4 years he will bring EVERYONE together and we'll live in peace forever. Well I hate to break to everyone but he is human...Which means he is imperfect.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry I forgot to add the racial veiws becoming more violent, but
this is not bush's fault, It is change that needs to be accepted.
I hope that Obama can bring this to a stand still and move on with more important things like our econimy issues.
If we can take the time to argue, then we all can try and get along and
be civil. Name calling is hurting more right now than anything else.
If Mcain would have got in President office, we could have been dealing with simular problems. Who knows?

it is change that scares alot of americans!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry for screwing up his spelling, but it was Louis Farrichann? a friend of Rev Wright of obamas church. Said that obama was the messiah. Again sorry for the botched spelling.

reply to post by GamerGal

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Chance321]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It seems some forget that Obama is 50% caucasian. And I don't know how to say this appropriately, but he's probably actually 51% caucasian considering his mother and grandparents who actually raised him until he was 18 were all caucasian (you know - from a customs, culture, background perspective, etc.)

[edit on 16-11-2008 by themamayada]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This type of stuff is terrible. I made a comment in one of my college classes that both Presidential Candidates would not get the job done in office and a few more choice words. (Ron Paul :up
No one said a word to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm a Democrat. My friends are Democrat. I run with Democrats. Neither of us have ever mentioned the words "Obama" and "Messiah" in the same sentence. OK...well I just did, but you know what I mean. That's a Republican thing, not a Democrat thing. Republicans started it; Republicans brought it up, because they fear him as one should fear the "Messiah." They fear him because he has resurrected the Democratic Party. They say Democrats think he is the "Messiah" because they think it will make Democrats look bad. Yet, he got elected anyway. Therefore, on behalf of myself and my fellow Democrats, I say to you...STFU and GTFO!!! You lost...it's over.

Now...on to the real issue here - a girl who appears to have been mistreated unfairly because of her political views. If true, she should sue the school for an amount so large that they'll have to close the doors. No one (psst...not even Obama there Republicans) would condone this sort of treatment.

It is hard for me to imagine this happening in a college classroom. I got lucky this semester and managed to register for a Campaigns & Elections course. The course has been an absolute blast. My professor, on the very first day of class, told us how classroom discussions were going to be - respectful and organized. And it has been. Anytime when it looks like the discussion could possibly turn into a partisan mudslinging contest, he has nipped it in the bud.

If this story is true, then the professor should be suspended, if not fired. The students have a responsibility, too - don't get me wrong. But it is the professor who sets the tone. It would appear that this professor obviously set the wrong tone. Failure to set the proper tone is neither a Republican or Democrat thing...it's an incompetent thing, regardless of the party.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What exactly are the merits of Barack Obama and why does that merit an essay?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD It's pretty obvious many see him as a savior like character, a leader sent by God, some sort of 'chosen one,' etc.

Agreed.

According to the AP Poll found in this news article: www.nytimes.com...

"Amid such talk, 72 percent in the AP-GfK poll voiced confidence Obama will make the changes needed to revive the stalling economy"

72% believe he's going to wave some kind of magical wand to revive/fix/whatever this current economic devastation that has been brewing for 10+ years? I'm not sure even a real savior can do that. Yeah, it's safe to say he's being elevated to "super human" in the public eye right now, based upon that finding.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brownsy67
being Canadian...this doesn't really effect me too much. But it does affect the racial relations between black and white, whether Canadian or American.

Now this bugs me because I have been raised that it is downright wrong to be hateful or mean to others for their opinions or beliefs.

What if the belif is racial hate?

The thing is, you & me here in Canada are just as affected by Obama(nation):
He is different than bush in that he will be more able to decieve the people of the World into a NWO, & I can just see many people here on ATS agreeing that we need a World currency, & World Government, etc...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

I don't care if obama's supporters want to celebrate his victory, but I do care how they do it. If they want to think of him as a messiah-like figure and therefore blindly follow and accept whatever obama says and does without even thinking about it, I think that would be bad and dangerous for this country. Likewise, I also think those that want to use obama's election as an excuse to "get even with whitey", will only end up making things worse for themselves and the rest of this country.

Let me remind everyone of 2 key facts on this "getting even" issue. Unless they recently emigrated to the U.S. from a country where slavery was legal, no one here has ever owned a slave. And unless they also recently emigrated to the U.S. from a country where slavery was legal, no one here has ever been a slave.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by centurion1211]

Well, I mean, here's the thing. I don't personally know any Obama supporters who fit that mold. While I've no doubt they exist, and there are plenty of them, I don't see that they're any more prevalent than any other variety of hothead you're liable to find. I don't think that there are great many folks who are hoping that Obama is their ride to "Getting Even", but I would suggest that perhaps we ought to greet those who do feel that way with understanding, a cool head, and warm words. I'd imagine that'll get better results than getting all riled up and operating from a fear-based mindset. Mind you, I'm not saying that you in particular are "all riled up", just paying my two cents.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
"they should be grateful and not ask for more!"

Johnny I think that is the point!

When it comes to asking for more than anybody else has got, I think we agree. If and when inequality is a factor - and it sometimes is - I think they've every right to demand more.

I agree that they should feel proud that someone who is half African American has made it to one of the most important positions in the free world.

However, at the same time I feel they should have to work just as hard to achieve what I or any other White person has had to do to succeed. No silver spoons here my friend.

I think you'll find few African Americans who disagree with you on that point but many who are offended by the implication that they need to be lectured on the matter. I mean, who's said anything about a free ride or a silver spoon?

I think they should be grateful that White America so they speak has come a long way at putting aside the racial division that was present for so many years. Are we to just lay down now and allow them to take liberties against us?

This is an interesting bit. I mean, if you were done wrong, would you be grateful when things started to sort out, or would you think "it's about time"? And who said anything about African Americans taking liberties from anyone? Where does that idea come from?

Furthermore not one African American or White American in this country was alive during slavery. I feel they have as much racism to work on ending as whites do.

I think that might be true, though there's the issue of Anglos having maintained more agency during the period of imbalance. To put it plainly, white Americans have little to complain about in terms of have being done wrong here in the United States historically. Non-white Americans and particularly African Americans have a laundry list of legitimate complaints. Now it's not that none of those things have been redressed, but it is perhaps true that there is more redressing to do. If nothing else, we could start by giving the new POTUS a fair shake at the job before we try to show that he's illegitimate or secretly plotting to strip white Americans of their privilege.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, this is one crazy issue and one crazy thread. There are a few things I would like to say here.

First, I am one of Obama's biggest fans.

Second, this teacher's assignment was clearly bias. She should have never essentially forced her students to agree with her political beliefs in an assignment. At the very least, the assignment should have been to "list Obama's merits and his liabilities or downsides." That way, whether you agree with Obama or not, you have the ability to express your views in a educated way.

Third, if the event occurred the way the news report indicated, the teacher in charge of this class, and I emphasize the words "in charge of," should be fired or severely reprimanded. This "debate" should have never been allowed to elevated to the levels indicated in the story. It is the teacher's responsibility to ensure that everyone's beliefs, whether agreed with or not, be allowed to be expressed. Discussions are fine, even great, intimidation, bickering, cussing are not.

Fourth, I work with and live around many African Americans and have not seen any of the responses from them that have been mentioned in this thread. I mention this because I believe these are isolated incidents and definitely not the norm in America. Maybe I am wrong and I am the one who lives in a society that is not representative of the norm, but I doubt it.

Lastly, any African American who chooses to act this way is only harming Obama and his image and should be ashamed. This is exactly what the teacher should have said...Period.

I expect that these incidents and others like it will become less prevalent and less of an issue in the months to come.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
First of all, Obama has no connection to the African American slave trade, his grandmother was Kenyan. Second of all I believe that the African Americans derived from slavery have all done well for themselves, considering the hundreds of years of torture and mistrust and mistreatment they endured and racial tension they still receive today.

I ask you all, if your history was of slavery, no hopes, torture, work for no gratification, reduced life expectancy, traded and bought, what kind of phycological/emotional problems would generations after harbor? Do some thinking maybe, put yourself in someone else's shoes.

All those feral black communities you all talk about on here, is a result of your own doing, you should have made the transition from slave to "human being" more dignified. You kinda swept it all under the rug. So you kinda get what you deserve.

If i were a product of slave trade and i lived in America, i would hunt down KKK and white supremacists as a living.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the funny thing is these people are so ignorant they forget obama has white blood aswell. There is no more hope for the better treatment of blacks by Obama than any other president. We finaly give an african american a chance at teh white house and i guarentee he will not do a whole lot that is racially devisive. Hate to break it to all these rascist scum bags but if obama does anything detrimental to one skin tone there will never be another african american president. All these asses may as well be pissing in the wind.

On a side note a professors political beliefs have no business in a classroom. Comon you morons and teach what you've been hired to teach dont spread your hateful doctrine of biggotry and closed minded ignorance.

The majority of us "white folk" have never done a detrimental thing to the black community and we dont owe you sh*t. GET OVER IT

edit for picture problems

[edit on 16-11-2008 by constantwonder]

[edit on 16-11-2008 by constantwonder]

[edit on 17-11-2008 by constantwonder]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join