It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying an AR-15 is now a racist act

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If I spray paint my "black guns" another color...would they still be considered "racist"???

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Not helping Obama look any less gun-grabby is his new application for employment. Why does it ask

They must reveal whether they or anybody in their family owns a gun.
? www.guardian.co.uk...

Can I get the ACLU in on this. Seems like discrimination to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikolat23
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Anyone have a direct quote?

OBAMA: Let's be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

* Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
* Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
* Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Those are from ontheissues.org

He keeps going back and forth and in between. First he wants to ban all semi autos. Then he backs up and says he never supported an all-out ban on handguns. Well, whats an 'all-out' ban as he defines it? To be consistent he would have to ban all semi-auto handguns. Would that leave revolvers? They fire semi-automatically.

From an article in the 12/13/1999 Chicago Defender about his federal gun bill:

Sweeping federal gun control legislation proposed by Sen. Barack Obama (D-13th) would increase the penalties on gun runners who are flooding Chicago's streets with illegal weapons.

At an anti-gun rally held at the Park Manor Christian Church, 600 E. 73rd St., headed by the Rev. James Demus, Obama also said he's backing a resolution being introduced into the City Council by Alds. Toni Preckwinkle (4th), Ted Thomas (15th), Leslie Hairston (5th) to call for a "shot-free" millennium celebration.

Obama outlined his anti-gun plan that includes increased penalties for the interstate transportation of firearms. The maximum penalty now for bringing a gun across the border is 10 years in prison. Obama is proposing to make it a felony for a gun owner whose firearm was stolen from his residence which causes harm to another person if that weapon was not securely stored in that home.

He's proposing restricting gun purchases to one weapon a month and banning the sale of firearms at gun shows except for "antique" weapons. Obama is also proposing increasing the licensing fee to obtain a federal firearms license.

He's also seeking a ban on police agencies from reselling their used weapons even if those funds are used to buy more state-of-the-art weapons for their agencies. Obama wants only those over 21 who've passed a basic course to be able to buy or own a firearm.

He's proposing that all federally licensed gun dealers sell firearms in a storefront and not from their homes while banning their business from being within five miles of a school or a park. He's also banning the sale of 'junk" handguns like the popular Saturday Night Specials.

Obama is requiring that all people working at a gun dealer undergo a criminal background check. He's also asking that gun manufacturers be required to develop safety measures that permit only the original owner of the firearm to operate the weapon purchased.

Additionally, he wants an increase of the funds for schools to teach anger management skills for youth between the ages of 5-13. Obama is also seeking to increase the federal taxes by 500 percent on the sale of firearm, ammunition -- weapons he says are most commonly used in firearm deaths.

You can ignore all the infringements and restrictions he's been pushing for throughout his political life and just grab at the "I support the 2nd" quotes out of context if that's all you need/want to hear. Lots of other people do. You wont be the only one with blinders on.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Or get a Land warrior Research Corporation rifle:

lwrifles.com...

They only make gas piston rifles.

The best of both worlds.

Accuracy of an AR platform with the durability of the AK platform.

They are way more expensive than a standard Ar15 style rifle. But worth every penny.

Also, consider an Armalite AR50 to complement your LWRC.

www.armalite.com...?Category=0406c9ff-539d-4b4c -ae1f-d045b91324c3

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is something that has been forgotten, we as a nation will not allow the goverment to make laws that are against the people. If this happens. We are one nation the will rise to the standards that are forfathers set for are nation in the beging. There is no difference in color, only in the goverments eyes, not the people of the U.S.A.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
I hate to be the one to break the news to you but after spending years in an academic environment I can say most assuredly that academia is infested with left wing douche bags just like him. There are literally tens of thousands of these self righteous cretins in the country and what they all have in common is a collective hate for the U.S.A. and everything the country is built upon. These people are so dangerous to the American way of life that they should be hunted down, apprehended, and locked away in internment camps on some remote south pacific island far away any civilization.

South Pacific island???
isn't that being to nice to them???
Sun tan, white beaches, beach babes, pine apple juices and beach benches.
That'll be a hell of a lockup eh? =)
they'll be give a lifetime supply of sunblock too!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Originally posted by BornPatriot
AR-15 is a toy.... I prefer, AK over M16... but the M16 is more accurate... but who needs accuracy on full auto...

Guys who are short on ammo...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by tacticalK9]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

I wonder! Why do people cite Africa and then ignore the FACT that all the present problems in Africa are Tribal in nature and Black ON Black genocide. The UN forces only exacerbate the problem but those incidents and the tribal warfare is used to justify this moron of a professor that gun sales in this country is a racial issue. Cognitive disconnect here. Makes no sense!

Ziindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Doesn't the fact that a lot of people are buying guns make YOU want to by a gun more?

I never really considered getting a gun...

I always thought, if your going to buy a killing device you should want to kill.

But now...if everybody has one...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Why cant it be if you ever wanted a shooting device you should want to shoot?

Knives are just for stabbing and guns arent just for killing. There is a whole world of competitive sports out there from clays, to IDPA, to 3-gun to biathalons and more.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
reply to post by swdecord

Nice post..I agree with you. Lets just say that some sort of bill was implemented and guns could no longer be purchased that would just make the person want them even more and true, they are so readily available on the black market anyhow. I dont want to say Im some gun monger but I served ten years in the Army,I was exposed to all types of guns and rifles. I use a weapon for my job now and I own two handguns and a rifle, I like to shoot and I like to teach others that want to learn how and most of all I want to know that myself, my loved one, and my property are protected.

Case and point, The Los Angeles bank job, The LAPD were out gunned, They had to borrow high powered weapons from a GUN STORE to eliminate the threat. Even today the police are out gunned..We are such a free country and I dont want to see things taken away from us and sometimes it feels that way...

Thanks cmd18b...

I, unfortunately, live in NJ too (Yay Phillies!!!!)...Just like "Prohibition" in the 1920's (remember the "Speak Easy's"), if someone wants a "drink" or a gun, they will get one...and it will not be legal...

It appears that you are a law officer, so thanks for your service...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Getting off the concept of what rifle/firearm has what merits over what merit/demerit....which is not what this thread is about.

There has been going on in this country for many many years a type of conditioning...programming...a default setting ..placed in peoples minds by government, education, and our media who also shill for the various political parties.

That concept is that if you do not go along with the prevailing political winds...." PC" if you prefer...that you are a racist, a homophobe, sexist, redneck..yada yada yada. The implication of redneck and racist...seems currently to be a very popular and used to control and manipulate people who cannot think for themselves, are emotionally immature. Racist and redneck are the latest popular whipping boy label to be used against people to keep them in line...not able to think for themselves. They are automatically guilty if someone labels them racist and redneck.
You are going to see a lot more of this type of default setting to stifle dissenting opinion or views. It is a control mechanism and very effective on people who cannot think it through.

This bias and that is exactly what it is..a bias...is that you have no right or moral ability to think your own thoughts..your own values. You cannot think or believe or conduct yourself outside the prevailing winds or you fit the new paradigm...racist, Homophobe, sexist, redneck...yada yada yada.

These concepts are especially prevalent in high schools and colleges among young people as these are cloistered environments where the students are dependent on this system for a grade. They are either easily seduced by their still developing emotions or coerced..threatened for a grade.

In short...it is a rigged system ...spreading their venom among the young, unguarded, without developed emotions, and easily impressionable.
It is literally ..mental rape.

So while we are working our jobs out in and amongst real society ..among real peoples at real risk levels..our children are being seduced by this political claptrap. to make them feel guilty about who and what they are if they do not buy into this prevailing wind on various of the latest popular issues...in colleges and schools.
In short ..our children are being seduced..violated...mentally raped by predatory educators and professors in such a cloistered environment. This is being done before they have developed the tools and emotional maturity to even defend and or think for themselves. There is an attempt to hijack our children's thinking and souls in these places.

Now..are all teachers and professors doing this...no ..but it is very prevalent in this type of environment. It is however a rigged show.
And remember...our body politic pays for and finances public education..from the grade school levels to colleges.

Now...On another angle to this position about people buying guns after this election.

What you are seeing here ..and what is also by the very whorish nature of this "PC" media and educational system..is what is "NOT" being told to you... since the assumption is made and taken for granted that we the public cannot possibly think for ourselves...it must be our fault...we the public are guilty of something to do with the prevailing winds. Guilty of racism, homophobia, sexism, redneck-ism..yada yada yada.

What is never presented as an alternative line of thought is that many people have thought it through on their own and are voting no confidence in local, state, and federal government. They are voting with their dollars.

Notice that under the prevailing winds of bias..and ignorance...this alternative is not brought out in our intelligentsia...our educational systems...etc etc. You as the American pubic are never to understand this line of thought or think this way..you must cede...yield and accept the concept that you are a racist, redneck,...yada yada yada.

Notice..that no crime has been committed by these people buying guns..it is one of their rights. Yet a college professor attempts to put an immoral shadow over this. This is the whoredom and seduction...the mental rape of pubic education financed by the body politic. Astonishing once you think it through.

It is never allowed for the public to be given the informations to think along the line that they can vote no confidence with their dollars in all their governments...state, local, and federal..to protect them and or their rights.
It is up to you the American Citizen to think for yourself...to develop the skills, tools, and emotional maturity to think outside the box of what today passes for intelligence.
Teach yourself to spot this type of guilt conditioning..default settings by the body politic, news media, and educational institutions financed by this same whorish body politic.
Guilt conditioning is mental rape and whorish manipulation...make no mistake about it. It works especially well if you are a person who lives for their emotions...instant gratification...and not much thinking but mostly reaction.
You are going to see a lot more of this type of emotional conditioning/manipulation by the body politic and educational institutions in the future. For they are one and the same today..education is financed by the body politic.

Another note for your thinking and consideration....on what has been presented in this thread...concerning up and coming political trends.
That list of informations asked for in a form...the one from the UK Guardian link. I read the article and the article showed to me a lot of insecurity...in the questions it asked. I don't just think this is an Obama type form...for no matter who the party ...I think they would all ask such questions. Nonetheless the questions show a lot of insecurity in the levels of personal informations asked.
Just offering here a line of thought which would not be presented to you by most of the media and educational systems...and for your consideration.
The pattern of these questions shows a lot of insecurity. My question is would I want to work for someone so insecure??

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow! I am truely liking this thread! I love how it has evloved and the emtions as well as information being poured out here! But my question is this:

What about militia? Do they have to worry about semi auto weapons? Or are we loosing the ability to have a militia as well? This is MAJORLY important for obvios reasons. Eveyone with an arsonal can his under that. But without that... Well... Kiss ANY firearm good bye.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well considering all 4 of the rifles I own are considered assault rifles I must be the grand master of the KKK. This guy is a total idiot and I hope when the police state arrives He gets sodomized by a police baton.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think we are all buying guns and ammo because deep in our souls we realize that things are about to change for the worse. The economy is in tatters and the full extent of that is nowhere near hitting us yet. I know it's coming, in fact I FEEL it coming. My purchases have nothing to do with blacks taking over or liberal gun agendas. When tshtf, and it will very soon, I want to have some protection to get me to my bugout location. Human beings have the ability to know when things aren't right, like animals fleeing from an approaching storm. Many have just lost this ability due to too much comfortable and civilized living. All of that is about to change.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Escrotumus

Whats that line from that old John Wayne Movie ( El Dorado) 'The back of my neck is itchin' like a Comanche is around and I just can't seeim' !". I think many of us still have the type of reaction and the suspicion that what we feel is real!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The rush to acquire any kind of firearm is going to be used by those that are trying to maintain control, as an excuse to kick in everyone's doors, and take anything that they deem to be a threat..... Guns will be the excuse they use, but there are going to be many other items that may be necessary for survival, including even reading materials and tools that will leave with them.... Knowledge of practical skills they can't take away. The feeling that so many are describing is referred to as hyper vigilance.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Thats quite a statement to make,I on the other hand prefer the AK-47,those things rock can do all sorts of damage,plus my bud has over 150,000 rounds of ammo stored

Yea, you can drag an AK through the dirt and mud all day long, and it will still fire, try that with an AR-15 or M-16, without cleaning it first, trust me I know.
P.S. I still want to get an AR-15 for myself, because I can.......

The AR-15/M16 Vs AK47

AR-15/M-16
Cal. 223 Bullet wight 45 Grain
Wight Loaded 6. Lb.
Length Overall 37.5 in.
Barrel length 20 in.
Cyclic rate: 750 r.p.m.

The big problem is that this weapon has to be cleaned all the time, or it will malfunction. Being a 223 Cal. It has no knockdown power. That makes it about useless when needed. Other than that it is a good gun.

AK 47.
Cal. 7.62 Bullet wight 110 Grain
Wight 10.58 Lb.
Length Overall 34.25 in.
Barrel length 16.34. In.
Cyclic rate. 600 r.p.m.

This gun will have a good groping at 100 yards, but at 300 yards it will lose its accuracy. But this gun will not jam when it gets dusty. Other than the wight it is an ok type of weapon But for the money, there is one that is better then both of these!.

U.S. Carbine Cal. 30 M1
Cal. 30 Carbine Bullet wight 110 Grain
Wight 5.5 Lb.
Length Overall 35.58 in.
Barrel length 18 in.
Cyclic rate 750 r.p.m.

This rifle dos not jam like the M-16 and has a better know down then both of the others. With a better rate of fire, and Know down this is the better of the three!. You can get it with a 5 round magazine or you can get it with a 15 or 30 round magazine. It also has a grater accurate range then both of the others and the max. range is 2,000 yards. This is a lot better then the other two.

M1 Grand
Cal. 30-06 Bullet wight 180 Grain
Wight 9.5 lb.
Length overall 3' 7"
Barrel length 24 in.

This is the Rifle the one WWII. And is still one of the best arounds. It has an accurate range of one mile. Lets see the AK do that. The last two rifles are the best that are made and the other two are just not as good.

References

Small Arms of the World
Seventh Edition
Second printing Dec. 1964

Sierra Bullets Reloading Manual
Copyright 1971

[edit on 16-11-2008 by The Shadow Knows]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One's concern about being called a racist for owning, or wanting to own, an AR-15, should be the least of your problems.

Obama is seeking candidates for his administration and on a questionnaire to be filled out, to be sent in with their resumes, is a question asking if they own a gun.

It is for a good reason that he posed that question, because he will be readily backed by all the liberal/socialists, elected into office by the uninformed voters, when he feels the time is ripe to ban all guns and ammunition.

It will make no difference that the Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Unfortunately, with a majority of leftists and liberal judges ready to assist him, there is no way we can stop Obama from taking away our Second Amendment rights, having our Constitution tampered with and, finally, loosing our Country to his control, as well.

History abounds with gun rights first being made illegal and then guns and ammo confiscated. This all being deemed necessary and done to prevent any opposition to the building of a social/communist society by our newly elected socialists. Then the only gun owners will be government appointed peace keepers to protect you and the criminals who will roam freely.

Don't be hesitant and afraid to be called a racist! Buy your weapons and ammunition now, while you still can, before the downfall of our Country becomes imminent at the hands of those that despise it and will control it.

For those who love this Country, be very afraid, we have just elected a president who is preparing to 'change' it into something that the unwary voters would never had wanted. You've been warned!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The theory is spreading:

What the hell is wrong with white people? Numerous media reports of late have detailed a run on gun stores by crazed crackers who believe the new black President-elect will take their firearms away shortly after he's sworn in.

There's the fear of the black man, and the contention by those on the extreme right that Obama's presidency can never be legitimate -- those niggling details of 365 electoral votes and 53 percent of the popular vote aside.

Indeed, eerily, the racist novel published in 1978 that inspired McVeigh, The Turner Diaries, begins its account of a white supremacist revolution with black men, working for the government, coming to take away a white guy's guns.

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

It's just a blog and not a 'legitimate' news source but it's more proof the view that this is all racially motivated is shared by more than we, at least I, thought.

Not only does this guy make the connection that the gun purchasing is racist in origin but that it is also indicative of terrorist behavior bringing me back to my thread on Obamas new AG, Eric Holder, and his idea to keep nuts from hijacking planes with boxcutters and flying them into buildings we need to restrict the 2nd Amendment. www.abovetopsecret.com...

From a nut with a blog to Obamas Attorney General if you own a gun you are a threat to national security and racial peace.

I just hope Holder is a little more restrained than Reno. We dont need any more children burning to death or families being shot in their homes for minding their own business.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join