It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying an AR-15 is now a racist act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, if you read this site, there's an element of truth to what the professor says. Certainly there have been people on this site who have absolutely insisted Obama plans to take their guns away, in spite of the facts. So they start out believing that something false is true, and then their paranoid speculation kicks in and before you know it they're certain that Obama wants to disarm white people so they won't be able to fight against the government.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im 16 years old and will be 17 the last day of the year,

With Obamas election and the threats of takeing my freedoms away no longer being idle warnings, or things these poloticians just say scare the living hell out of me.

When i turn 18 i am interesting in joining a malitia, anyone on here that i can talk to please email me [email removed to avoid spambots]

[edit on 13-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
Certainly there have been people on this site who have absolutely insisted Obama plans to take their guns away, in spite of the facts.

Facts like wanting to reinstate the AWB and make it permanent?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Facts like wanting to tax ammo 500%?

Chicago Defender Dec 13, 1999

Obama unveils federal gun bill

Obama is also seeking to increase the federal taxes by 500 percent on the sale of firearm, ammunition -- weapons he says are most commonly used in firearm deaths.Copy of Tribune Article

Facts like wanting a total blanket ban on semi-autos?
www.ontheissues.org...

How could I be so stupid to fall for the tricks and fear Obama will mess with my guns.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe I should buy an AK-47 instead, would that make me an Apologist? Everything is "Racist" now-a-days, if you turn away from a person of another "Color" when they cough, it will now be due to your fear of "Racially Different Germs". This has gone completely overboard in the past year, and it is extremely disappointing.

I was talking to an Obama supporter the other day, and she is a Black lady whom I have known for years, yet she even came out and said "The race issue is getting worse, this election has done nothing but re-ignite an issue which we were all getting past".

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This whole thread is a farce...Those people purchasing guns legally are tracked and documented, even when they purchase their guns through mail-order...Thus, they are the first, along with every other registered gun owner, to lose their arms if an arms law is passed (Local cops will be knocking on your door to take it away)...

Guns will ALWAYS be available and ammunition UNTAXED, if you have the money to pay for them...on the black market...or down at the corner of any large city's seedy area...

How many crimes are commited using a "legally registered" gun anyway?

I don't know about your city, but our city has one of the highest crime rates in the country, and most of the suspects are black and most used illegal guns to commit the crime...

But, I really don't think crimes like those commited now, will chnage because Obama is in office...

[edit on 11/13/2008 by swdecord]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gunsron

Gunsron, I see you are a new member so welcome to our little piece of heaven as I like to call it but I see that you want to join a militia when you turn 18, Thats sounds like a plan but in my opinion you should keep that to yourself until you get to know the lay of the land a little. Im not here to boss you around or tell you what to do but you should keep that locked away and and just cruise the site for possible information that may help you on your journey to reaching your goal. You will find some real itelligent members on this site that provide great information that you may not be able to locate anyplace else..So welcome to ATS and enjoy

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
Yea, you can drag an AK through the dirt and mud all day long, and it will still fire, try that with an AR-15 or M-16, without cleaning it first, trust me I know.
P.S. I still want to get an AR-15 for myself, because I can.......

Right now, you may HAVE to get an AR-15, lol. My favorite gun store is totally out of any variant AK and AK mags. Luckily I bought mine a few months ago, but black people did not figure into the reasons I purchased it in any way, I'd have to say this guy is way wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You all know that Obama and crew know that there is a all most panic buying of arms and ammo. So my question is, why hasn't he said any thing to ease the mind of us that are 2A supporters? Well we support the whole Constitution.

Roper

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Just maybe..with lotsa luck..they might understand that 'We The People' actualy are ready to take on the bad guys and maybe they have over stepped their bounds buy thinking they can rule against firearms by caveat!!
Naw..We couldn't possibly be THAT lucky!!!
Zindo

[edit on 11/13/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

My local gun store sold the last one that they could order yesterday while I was there. No more are in the pipeline and even kits for building your own are not available to order. If you see one in a catalog. and you might need spare parts, do it NOW. No more of either are allowed to be imported to be converted to Semi-auto. Whats here are all thats available for the forseeable future!! Oh..and the guy that bought it wasn't white. He was a black Hispanic!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Facts like wanting to reinstate the AWB and make it permanent?

Uh, no, I'm talking about Obama's actual words

Please note that even if he wanted to, Obama knows he wouldn't have the votes to do it. So yes, those people are paranoid, and the ones who believe he's going to try to disarm the white race are racists. And some of the people who are buying those weapons fit the professor's description exactly. I don't think all the people buying those weapons fit his description, and that was why I said there's an element of truth to what he says. There very clearly is. Some of those people post at ATS.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by ClintK]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Don't black people.. err...African Americans prefferably like the AK47 over the Ar15?

If this is the case, the AK47 is also the personal favorite of terrorists.

I guess if I use the the same logic and reasoning that the professor did to arrive at the conclusion whites w/AR's are racist.............

Then it would be safe to say that all blacks are terrorists for preferring the AK.

This isn't my personal opinion, just fact using the same reasoning technic the professor used.Must be true then if it came from a professor.
:

I just find it hard to believe that people with such an education, this guy doesn't have a single shred of COMMON SENSE.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When I was in junior college and was taking English 101. I received an A on every paper and assignment, without even trying. The last paper I wrote was about the importance of gun ownership. I got an F on this paper despite my teacher having told me I was one of the best writers he had come across. I made an appointment to speak with him, attempting to salvage my grade and was told he did not think the paper was appropriate. When asked why, he went on and on about how gun owners ruined the country. I reported this to the proper people and no action whatsoever was taken. If I had chosen to write about the importance of free speech, I have no doubt I would have received another A. I wish these goobers would quit bashing my inalienable rights. I don't hurt anyone, and I sure as heck am not a racist. I'm the guy that is going to actually come to the aid of a person I see being stabbed, raped or beaten. I'm the guy that will only resort to violence when necessary. I'm the guy that thinks human life is precious, no matter the skin color. I'm the only guy that owns an AR in the neighborhood, and I'm the guy neighbors come to when they need help. My guns don't make me racist, nothing could. My guns allow me to live without fear, and to protect the ones I love. Plus, Ar-15's are friggin FUN!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
this is a baffling theory. Who are these kooks that come out and spurt such nonsense. I know that every time I fire my assault rifle I am not worryed-concerned-or thinking about black militants any more than any other American.

This seems like nothing more than a CONTINUATION of making this whole election a race-based discussion. I think it's stupid. If the election went to McCain and we celebrated would we be crucified in the newspapers still........?

There is not a racist bone in my body. Obviously or subliminally.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

My issue weapons in Vietnam were a 1911 A-1 .45 pistol and K-Bar combat knife..... As you said there were plenty of M-16s laying around when ever I was in need of one.... Where I am a M-1 is adequate, but for deer and feral hogs only, or at least I hope.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think we need to remember, that the main reason why people are getting so upset about the firearms issue is because Obama wants to take a right away from Americans - And that is the right to bear arms!

I have always wanted an Assault/Tactical - type rifle but it has never been on my priority list until now. Why? Because I risk loosing a _right_ I have now. Racism never crossed my mind, but if the sales of firmarms goes up, and the supply falls, then the prices will more than likely increase - so why are people so bewildered by this behavior?

The bottom line, criminals and terrorists will always have weapons - period. What good are we if we can't defend ourselves?!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
AR-15 is a toy.... I prefer, AK over M16... but the M16 is more accurate... but who needs accuracy on full auto...

You have watched to many movies.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The buying of AR's or AK's is not racist. This whole election was, but not legally buying firearms.

Most people remember the last time the wacko, gun-grabbing liberals had their way in congress. Law abiding citizens were denied the right to purchase a firearm that some idiot classified as an "assault rifle" (you should only be assaulted by criminals or the government I guess)...but that actually did nothing to keep criminals from getting their hands on fully automatic weapons. You see, we won't get fooled again like the rest of the populous, we're prepared. The one's that waited until the last minute will be less but not completely unprepared to protect their families or provide food for them.

Some beat the rush just to turn a large profit. AR's that were selling for $1200 are now going for $2500 or more. High-cap mags are hard or impossible to get. Ammo, pretty tough but it's still out there.

So to the gun grabbers in Washington I say, too late. You will not disarm an informed public. And by the way, you work for us, not the other way around!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3dk1ng
I think we need to remember, that the main reason why people are getting so upset about the firearms issue is because Obama wants to take a right away from Americans - And that is the right to bear arms!

Then, surely, you could tell me where Obama has said he wants to abolish the second ammendment, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Stocking up on ammo for as long as I am able. .223 rounds, 12 gauge and 9mils.
I don't care for Obama and don't care what his ethnicity is, I am more concerned with the possibilty of an uber recession hitting and, unlike the depression of the 30's, people today will not sheepishly knock on your door asking to be fed for doing some chores.
You will be told by them that you owe it to them because you apparently have done so well when times were good that you were able to afford to stock up on food, ergo, you owe and what you have is theirs by default.
Thank you entitlement programs.
I am real glad I live in Florida and we have the "Castle Law".i.e. stay out of my house and you'll be fine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join