It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point in producing a human-alien hybrid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Over the past few years, I've read a LOT about the abduction phenomenon. While I haven't made up my mind yet, I do have one nagging question that I simply can't ignore. Why do reports frequently mention reproductive experimentation culminating in the generation of human-alien hybrids? Why would a space-faring alien civilization have any use for us at all? Given what we already know about genetic engineering it would seem unnecessary to even consider resorting to such crude measures to produce a hybrid! Why abduct so many when a few would give you the requisite DNA sequences (most arguments suggest some similarity between "us" and "them" so we assume DNA is the appropriate genetic material).

Perhaps in order to answer this question, we should consider why some human scientists feel the need to synthesize a chimera... Most animals produced this way exhibit little, if any visual cues as to their origins (usually only a few genes). Still, it's not as if we are actively creating these organisms, willy-nilly to be released back into "the wild". No, we have our own purposes in mind (customarily these organisms are destroyed during or at the conclusion of the study). So, can we imagine a scenario in which creating a human-alien hybrid might be of some benefit to alien visitors? We do not require such crude reproductive methods in the synthesis of human-animal hybrids so why would such a technologically-advanced alien species?

Even if we are able to accept the apparent ignorance of basic genetic techniques employed in the creation of a human-alien hybrid, can we at least justify the final outcome? If, in fact hybrids serve as a source for the genetic diversification of an alien species, which traits would be selected for and why? I personally do not believe that if this phenomena is real that it would be without purpose or patterns. The current consensus seems to be that there is no pattern; no ethnic favoritism or psychological selection criterion. Surely, there must be SOME pattern! Could it be that we simply haven't invested enough of an effort in looking for it?

This brings me to my final question: what ultimately happens to any viable hybrids produced? Will they be studied throughout their lives as a sub-population in a larger alien society? If they are meant to replace us, how would this happen and why? Would it be more valuable to assess their integration into human society? Is the study genetic, political, anthropological, etc.? There is typically some educational component in these reports as well. Would they test us competitively against our own offspring? If so, this should be a VERY big clue as to their motives!

My final question to those who answer with all the conviction and certainty of first-hand knowledge is this: How do you know?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've asked myself this question once or twice and concluded that's it's done just to do it so you can say you've done it. What's the point of flying around the world? None really...it's just something you can say you've done.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Why make a wolf dog hybrid ?
You get the strength and resilience of the wolf but the tractibility and domestic traits of a dog.
Maybe they want both.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
As a repository for a soul?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am a Hybrid, and the reason to create this race is to make humans comfortable with human looking, but alien thinking aliens.

www.freewebs.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Word, if you create a alien/human, that thing you just created wouldnt know it was an alien/human unless it was told. And if it was born on earth, and someone told it it was an alien/human, it prolly wouldnt believe that person anyways.

The only way creating an alien/human would be of any use to an alien is if you could also implant predisposition for it to know it had a plan, and it wasn't pure human. Then it have to keep that a secret until whatever it's goal was, was reached.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe for the same reason we replace our heart with a pigs or use other DNA to find beneficial genes.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
The only way creating an alien/human would be of any use to an alien is if you could also implant predisposition for it to know it had a plan, and it wasn't pure human. Then it have to keep that a secret until whatever it's goal was, was reached.

So, you're proposing a sort of cellular memory (or exploitation of pathways involved in instinctual behavior) to pass along a message in the event that regular visitation did not occur to facilitate teaching? That's a neat idea and one I hadn't yet considered.

I've been reading about chimerism lately and how this condition could be exploited to pass along a complete genome without ever expressing traits in subsequent generations of offspring. Of course, everything I read pertains to humans and (terrestrial) animals but if I were an alien entity with a plan to continue my species through another organism I might attempt to exploit such a route to do so. Do you think the appearance of human-like aliens has increased substantially over the years (in contrast to gray/insectoid morphologies)? If this is correct then might this be the result of "trial and error" manipulation if we assume that at least a few reports are credible?

Although most people who accept the abduction phenomenon at face value think there may be far more people abducted than the number reported, I strongly suspect that the actual number of abductees is far smaller than the statistics suggest.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I believe Jesus was an alien hybrid. An "angel" came to Mary and Joseph and told them "God" would give her his child (alien insemination) who would teach man first hand "Gods law". You had the "star" that coaxed even Kings to leave home and travel exactly to a stable in Bethlehem (UFO more likely)-they had told Moses that this day would happen.

Mary is later whisked away by them, I mean "God", before she died. A few others in the bible are whisked away to "heaven" by the "whirlwinds". Jesus possibly had to die to lead human "spirits or souls or whatever" to the next dimension. The bible even mentions that until his death no one could advance to "HEAVEN" or the next dimension. Jesus performed many "miracles" and open the portal for mankind.

Look at the ancient religious paintings online-many have ufo's on them !

I believe that they formed our religious beliefs many years ago to condition us "spiritually" to attain the next dimension. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Aside from reports of various groups needing our dna to enhance their more limited pool, the hybrids are intermediates between us and them, for whatever undisclosed and questionable purpose this serves.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There are simply too many possibilities as to why that might be the case.

We do it for medical reasons.

Perhaps they do it for those reasons. Or perhaps for uplift - I'm stealing outright from D.Brin here -that they encourage the intellectual uplift of potentially conscience species. Maybe it is cultural. Or perhaps they want servants.

Maybe they need solidiers, because their species aren't good at it or have some cultural abhorence to violence.

Maybe we inhabit a part of space that they would like an ambitious aggressive good breeding intelligence in. To let us change the local systems, or to put us between them and something else.

Perhaps they are aware that they cannot wait for us to grow up on our own because we are in the neighbourhood of a couple of candidate supernovas that'll wipe our planet clean. They want us up and off and taking our biosphere's potential with us. I imagine that it is WAY too expensive a proposition to get us off. We'd have to do it ourselves.

Wouldn't our people spawn groups that wanted to save life, and the potential of life in the unverse? I'm sure we would. That if we were out there, and could experience first hand the precious unusualness of life in the great big unverse, we would have human groups who would work tirelessly at making sure that life wasn't squandered anywhere.

Maybe they just want to see what'll happen.

[edit on 2008/12/15 by Aeons]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-tal_Phusion

Originally posted by BrnBdry

So, you're proposing a sort of cellular memory (or exploitation of pathways involved in instinctual behavior) to pass along a message in the event that regular visitation did not occur to facilitate teaching? That's a neat idea and one I hadn't yet considered.

It's like this...........if you take a mother from Canada, and a father from America, and they have a child together, and the child is raised in America, the child is not going to know it's part Canadian until it's told.

See where I'm going with this?

top topics

join