It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wu-Tang Klan and the 5 percenters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yes, I said it. The Wu-Tang Klan.

Here's what the group called the Five Percent Nation believes: Ten percent of the people of the world know the truth of existence, and those elites opt to keep 85 percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb. The remaining percentage are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the rest. They are the Five Percent Nation.

The echoes of that message eventually found their way into hip-hop culture. Phrases and symbology of the Five Percent Nation endure in songs by some of the genre's best-known musicians, including Busta Rhymes, most of collaborators in the Wu Tang Clan, and Lord Jamar of the rap group Brand Nubian.

www.npr.org...

intresting read about the 5 percent Nation.

The Wu-Tang Klan

A History of Clarence 13X (Allah) and the Five Percenters

Here you will several members of the Wu-Tang Klan endorse the teachings of the 5 Percent Nation.

If there is one thing I've learned from the teachings in the music of the RZA, it is that there is No God in the sky, the Devil tricked us that's the worst lie.

To be continued...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fusion of the five elements, to search for the higher intelligence
Women walk around celibate, livin irrelevant
The most benelovent king, communicatin through your dreams
Mental pictures been painted, Allah's heard and seen
everywhere, throughout your surroundin atmosphere
Troposphere, thermosphere, stratosphere
Can you imagine from one single idea, everything appeared here
Understanding makes my truth, crystal clear
Innocent black immigrants locked in housing tenemants
Eighty-Five percent tenants depend on welfare recipients
Stapleton's been stamped as a concentration camp
At night I walk through, third eye is bright as a street lamp
Electric microbes, robotic probes
Taking telescope pictures of globe, babies getting pierced with microchips
stuffed inside their earlobes, then examinated
Blood contaminated, vaccinated, lives fabricated
Exaggerated authorization, Food and Drug Administration
Testin poison in prison population
My occupation to stop the innauguration of Satan
Some claim that it was Reagan, so I come to slay men
like Bartholemew, cause every particle is physical article
was diabolical to the last visible molecule
A space night like Rom, consume planets like Unicron
Blasting photon bombs from the arm like Galvatron

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As they say in B.I.B.L.E on GZA's album 'Liquid Swords',

"Wizards, warlocks, spooks and holy ghosts, RZA let's defraud the hoax."

Personally I'm not sure about these five percenters, some of them seem to link it to Black Supremacy, which I'm not a big fan of. I do however like that they talk about many unusual topics, and encourage people to look into them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Here's what the group called the Five Percent Nation believes: Ten percent of the people of the world know the truth of existence, and those elites opt to keep 85 percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb. The remaining percentage are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the rest. They are the Five Percent Nation.
So they're saying that one in 10 people that I know, 1 in 10 of your close friends or business associates or family members, they're elite and trying to keep most of us down? And 1 in 20 of our close friends, 1 in 20 ATS members, 1 in 20 rap stars in the public eye, they're the 5% who know the truth and are trying to protect us? I think the scale is a bit off kilter...

According to Wikipedia, the US population is 305,186,613. That means that there are currently more than 30 million people in the "elite" of America? And 15 million people who know the truth and are fighting those elite?

Wow.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

So they're saying that one in 10 people that I know, 1 in 10 of your close friends or business associates or family members, they're elite and trying to keep most of us down? And 1 in 20 of our close friends, 1 in 20 ATS members, 1 in 20 rap stars in the public eye, they're the 5% who know the truth and are trying to protect us? I think the scale is a bit off kilter...

According to Wikipedia, the US population is 305,186,613. That means that there are currently more than 30 million people in the "elite" of America? And 15 million people who know the truth and are fighting those elite?

Wow.

It's safe to say that this percentage does not work for the U.S.

But in China, Africa, and other parts of the world it might.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Do you really want to say that? If you think the numbers are below average in the US, that means they'll have to be above average everywhere else...

China's got 1.3 billion people in it. You're ready to go on record actually suggesting that more than 130 million Chinese people are not only in on the conspiracy, they're actively using it against the rest of us?

Or to take it to the global scale, with a world population of 6.7 billion, you're going to say there are 670 million "elite" worldwide, and 335 million people worldwide who know this secret truth and are actively fighting the evil it represents? By this math there are more people worldwide in the 5% then there are citizens of the United States. (335 million > 305 million...)

As much as I enjoy the RZA, that's crazy talk.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Do you really want to say that? If you think the numbers are below average in the US, that means they'll have to be above average everywhere else...

China's got 1.3 billion people in it. You're ready to go on record actually suggesting that more than 130 million Chinese people are not only in on the conspiracy, they're actively using it against the rest of us?

Or to take it to the global scale, with a world population of 6.7 billion, you're going to say there are 670 million "elite" worldwide, and 335 million people worldwide who know this secret truth and are actively fighting the evil it represents? By this math there are more people worldwide in the 5% then there are citizens of the United States. (335 million > 305 million...)

As much as I enjoy the RZA, that's crazy talk.

Yea, I guess your right.

One out of every 10 people can't be part of the elite evil that keeps the world ignorant.

I just believe there are more people that use forms of meditation, astral projection than you might think (do you know about that kind of stuff?)... Especially the Buddhists, and Hindus.

There is another rapper, who is apart of the Nubian group... Jedi Mind Trix (you can skip the intro if you want which is the first two minutes)

Know anything about them?

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I just believe there are more people that use forms of meditation, astral projection than you might think (do you know about that kind of stuff?)... Especially the Buddhists, and Hindus.
Spirituality isn't limited to Eastern religions. Anybody can practice the same and get similar results. This doesn't really lead to any global truths, but truth as applied to the individual, within his own, personal frame of reference and experiences.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Spirituality isn't limited to Eastern religions. Anybody can practice the same and get similar results. This doesn't really lead to any global truths, but truth as applied to the individual, within his own, personal frame of reference and experiences.

But is it safe to say that maybe 85% of the world has never even heard of the astral plane? I've heard some pretty crazy stuff related to this subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

But is it safe to say that maybe 85% of the world has never even heard of the astral plane?
Not at all. Again, turning to wikipedia, 20% of the world population is Muslim, and there's an Islamic belief in "World of Yetzirah" which seems to be an astral plane equivalent. 13% Hindu and 5% Buddhist. Not counting other, smaller or less organized or recognized religions, right there we've got 38%. Add in various pagan, wiccan and other mystery religions, I'd say 40% would be a safe bet. So at most 60% of the population never heard of it? (And that's not counting D&D players...)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But is it safe to say that maybe 85% of the world has never even heard of the astral plane?
Not at all. Again, turning to wikipedia, 20% of the world population is Muslim, and there's an Islamic belief in "World of Yetzirah" which seems to be an astral plane equivalent. 13% Hindu and 5% Buddhist. Not counting other, smaller or less organized or recognized religions, right there we've got 38%. Add in various pagan, wiccan and other mystery religions, I'd say 40% would be a safe bet. So at most 60% of the population never heard of it? (And that's not counting D&D players...)

okay... 85% of the world has never consciously been on the astral plane.

Many have heard of it, but have they been there? And which planes have they been on?

This New Age Religion crap is growing... is it decieving people? Or enlightening them?

Check out Oprah.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Many have heard of it, but have they been there? And which planes have they been on?

This New Age Religion crap is growing... is it decieving people? Or enlightening them?
From the use of the derogatory term "crap", it seems like you've already made up your mind on the subject. If you're going to continue redefining your stance every time it's shown to be wrong, there isn't much point in continuing this conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Do you ever contribute to threads, or is it that you prefer to take the constant role of 'angry skeptic'?

I would say that the OP's later use of the word 'crap' in association with 'new-age' had more to do with their misunderstanding about the subject matter, than any 'redefining of stance' or 'made up minds'. I wholeheartedly believe that the OP, who joined less than two weeks ago, was here looking for information about a subject that they found out about. But instead, they were attacked for the 'mathematics' of the group that they were inquiring about.

Perhaps it is your own disdain for anything that relates 'Hip-Hop' and 'Secret Societies'. Or it is that you have taken on the persona of your avatar, and actually deem your self to be 'Emperor'. Whatever it is, it is not very constructive to denying ignorance.

Stop acting like a gatekeeper, no one is afraid of your FNORD.
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In regard to Wu-Tang Clan, and the Five-Percenters, yes there are well documented connections. In fact, the much of the 'mythology' of the group is based on the teachings if 5%.

The fascination with the Chinese culture is born of out of the "Asiatic black man"[8], a term a part of the Five Percenter teachings, also known as the "original man" which is featured on The 5% Album. The album is a solo record from Brand Nubian member Lord Jamar in collaboration with Wu-Tang Clan members and affiliates as well as other artists. The second track on the album is titled "Original Man" featuring Raekwon.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.babygrande.net...

There are also many other Hip Hop groups who were or are involved in the Five-Percent Nation.
I recommend reading this anthropology paper:
Islam in the Mix: Lessons of the Five Percent comp.uark.edu...

I would quote some of it here, but the author asks not to be cited without permission, and I don't want to wait...

I would also read this article, which discusses some of the stigma the group receives, and also some of the followers and teachings:
Is a mysterious black Muslim group a bona fide religion or a dangerous gang?

LAUDED BY HIP-HOP ARTISTS from Busta Rhymes to the Wu-Tang Clan, linked to drug dealers and prison gangs, The Nation of Gods and Earths -- or, as they are popularly known, the Five Percenters -- have inspired controversy for almost 40 years. But this past summer, the group received a powerful endorsement from an unexpected corner. On July 31, the Federal District Court in New York ruled that Intelligent Tarref Allah, a 27-year-old convicted murderer currently serving 19 years to life, had been denied his First Amendment right of religious freedom, and is entitled to practice his Five Percent beliefs in prison.

Indeed, many staples of hip-hop slang may possess forgotten origins in Five Percenter terminology. For example, the greeting, "'Sup, G?" is said to represent "What's up, God?" as opposed to the more popularly accepted etymology, "What's up, Gangster?" And Five Percenters may be the source for the standard hip-hop greeting "Peace."

Busta Rhymes, Brand Nubian, Big Daddy Kane, Mobb Deep, Poor Righteous Teachers, Rakim Allah of the critically renowned tandem Eric B. and Rakim, and many in the Wu-Tang Clan are said to be members of the Nation of Gods and Earths. Snippets of the divine sciences have also surfaced in the lyrics of Erykah Badu, Ice Cube, The Fugees, and The Roots. When Pete Rock and CL Smooth identify libraries as the places where "lies are buried," and television as "`tell a lie' vision," they are echoing the Divine Alphabet. Libraries and TV conceal the truth from what Method Man of the Wu-Tang calls "the 85 who ain't got a clue."

I also recommend looking into Supreme_Mathematics
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Do you ever contribute to threads, or is it that you prefer to take the constant role of 'angry skeptic'?
Not angry at all. Just trying to deny ignorance. From your own links,

The 85% are those without the knowledge, the mentally blind, deaf and dumb who are bent on self-destruction. The 10% are the bloodsuckers of the poor, those who have knowledge and power but who use it to mystify and abuse the 85%. The 10% include the "grafted" white devil (created, according to Farad's teaching, by the evil scientist Yacub approximately 6000 years ago12) as well as the orthodox Muslims and Christian preachers who preach that god is a "spook" or a "mystery god."
comp.uark.edu...

I'm not denying there's evil in the world. Heck, I'm not even denying that there might be people whose sole intent is to actively enslave the general populous. What I AM saying is that 10% doesn't add up. It defies reason. Some other number? Sure. I'm sure the 10% is allegorical rather than literal. But anyone with 4th grade math hearing this for the first time could crunch the numbers pretty quickly and say "huh?"

I would say that the OP's later use of the word 'crap' in association with 'new-age' had more to do with their misunderstanding about the subject matter, than any 'redefining of stance' or 'made up minds'.
That's quite possible. I get the impression that his own frame of reference in such matters is likely occluded by Western belief systems.

I wholeheartedly believe that the OP, who joined less than two weeks ago, was here looking for information about a subject that they found out about. But instead, they were attacked for the 'mathematics' of the group that they were inquiring about.
The math is bad. It took all of 5 minutes to prove that to the OP. Building arguments or positions on faulty foundations doesn't benefit anyone involved.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

But the idea of 'Five-Percent' being 'bad math' was not what the OP was going for. He was attempting to bring light to the connections of the Wu-Tang Clan and the Five-Percent nation At least that is what I took away from the post.

It was you who brought the '5% being bad math' into the discussion. It seems that you are trying to discredit the validity of the group based on that one 'equation'. You fail to look at it metaphorically at all.

Regardless of the 'math' regarding the population of the world and how that percentage relates to the population of 5%ers, there are thousands of followers of the Five-Percent Nation, including the Wu-Tang Clan and many other Hip Hop groups.

I believe that is what the OP was trying to convey, the 5%er 'secret society' connection to Wu-Tang Clan. I do think that the OP should have done more research into the topic before posting, but the information is still relevant to the ATS membership I believe.

Sorry for being so brash before, I had not had my caffeine.
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
But the idea of 'Five-Percent' being 'bad math' was not what the OP was going for. He was attempting to bring light to the connections of the Wu-Tang Clan and the Five-Percent nation At least that is what I took away from the post.
Ok, I can see that.

It was you who brought the '5% being bad math' into the discussion. It seems that you are trying to discredit the validity of the group based on that one 'equation'. You fail to look at it metaphorically at all.
That's true. I was quick to jump to a literal interpretation of their message. Perhaps because I was starting from the NPR story, and following the links from there. When I'm getting info from a source known for reportage, taking things figuratively is not my first inclination.

Sorry for being so brash before, I had not had my caffeine.
No offense taken. Obviously you and I are going to have different opinions, and different ways of expressing those opinions. As long as we can remain civil and have some respect for where the other party is coming from, I'm cool with that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's all a state of consciousness and the 5 % the poor righteous teachers are to enlighten the world and to help reverse that cycle but not everyone wants to wake up.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by abdulmuhammad

Thanks for reminding me of another Hip Hop group associated with the Five-Percent Nation.

The Poor Righteous Teachers

A lot of the late 80s-early 90s groups were followers of the Five Percent teachings. The Poor Righteous Teachers were somewhat popular, but fell out of the public eye once the record companies started investing money into thr marketing of Gangster Rap.

One could make a case that the 'cultural' subject matter of Five-Percenter rappers was stifled by the 'gangster' subject matter that the record labels started to push. Wu-Tang was one of the few groups from that era that was able to fuse the 5% teachings into a more 'street' or 'gangster' aesthetic in their music.

I would say that the Five-Percent Nation is more of an 'east coast' mentality, although I imagine there are followers in Hip Hop music from all over the world. In many ways, it was Hip Hop that helped spread the teachings to a larger audience than Clarence 13X originally would have had.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"Perhaps you will believe the million feet of film that's been taken above...

uh... Mexico City, and various other places

If you think that you are alone in this universe

or that you are the guardians of this universe, then you are rudely mistaken"

[El Eloh from Lost Children of Babylon]

Took a physical odyssey

To the fathers of Shabazz

With the shamans of the Cherokees

Arrived in Nevada, 10 miles away from NASA

Met the farmer, in which he revealed to me the

Ohioan crop circles that linked all the star constellations

To 19th galaxy... The metaphysists

That quote the Roswell

New Mexican deserts of death valley

Will he be, extraterrestrial biological entity

discovering extraordinary memories

Glided across Glassland

Suddenly seeing illuminations from the seven heavens circle of sand

Of Area 51 and 57, separate the schoolkid and reveal the reptilian

I seen the CIA transform into the species of Greys

The Sabbath seven adding up to seven levels of the Majestic 12

Neoclassic traveller

I Travel the Twilight Zone with Einstein and Nikola Tesla

Walk through the wilderness of Ibilis

as the flying disc, of Ezekiel

the pope stands upon the podium

Becomes a Zeta Reticulian

behold the arrival of the Elohim ..."

[IKon the Verbal Hologram]

...Beware the prophecies of the Tarots!

Alien Spacecraft flying away like Sparrows!

Study the lost prophetic books of the bible

That recites Fallen body energies: spiritual survival

Flying discs seen in Ezekiel 1:3

Granted Kingu a tablet of destinies

Seviates spoke the word of the Bavarian illuminati

I bring forth harmonics of Hiroshima and Nagasaki!

Annunaki planted the seed where I dwell

either vortex turbines pulling me to hell

awareness upon my savannah as omni dimensional

great species has a common memory complex of the social

liquid crystal colloidal membranes responding

to the spectrum of the universal intelligence matrix...

the basis is that extraterrestrials created Christ

and have a device

that recorded all of Earth's history

and can display it in the form of a hologram precise;

Construction of synthetic humanoids is among us

You have entered the Land Of Nod now, face the deafening thunders

And the spiritual wonders

because the harvest now is coming

Beware the world-wide ancient tunnel system

the government is running

Hectic! Verbal slaughter of the Judeo-Christian Ethic!

[El Eloh]

The world has turned on its last spin

The coming of Tan- That is when ya learn! (x2)

[El Eloh]

Fled with the 5, led through a European wooded ravine

And seen Stone henge connect and bring upon the Annunaki

The Highest kabbalah mystic chants by Elohim

And looks to the sky for prophecy

Was abducted in Nebraska

Then taken back to the laboratory, experiment performed before me

Non earthly alien autopsy!

Psycho social biological and electro-

-Magnetic manipulation of human consciousness

The Vulcan walks about the abyss!

[IKon the Verbal Hologram]

The Verbal Hologram: Wordal killer like Shark eyes

Speak Babylonian and Hebrew genesis like the Star Gods

Blessed by Biaviians like the French theologians

Anti-Christ is coming in the form of a powerful Roman!

Development of Aid’s was funded in 1969

For the seven (G-7)

and injected into 100 million Africans in ‘77

Cuneiform inscriptions in Western Asia of the Nabu

Dwell in hell, celestial bodies : twelve like Kathabu

But I can rob you of your spirit soul like Xenu

Elders imprisoned, negative Para-physical beings we knew

Function outside the time-track like Ississani

I chose to be enclosed and I fold too, like Origami

Comprehend the theory of reflection like Paromatma

In the epic Sanskrit history of the world like Mahabharata

Praise to His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Nuwaubian Hip Hop is Crazy!!! Greatest Video Ever!!!

Yes guys, I'm just trying to learn about Nuwaubianism, and 5% teachings.

Very interesting stuff.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join