It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel inside your medical care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Intel inside your medical care

news.cnet.com

Intel has begun pilot programs to test a home health laptop, application, and database system that puts patients remotely in sync with their health care providers.

The Intel Health Guide, which includes a laptop for patients and an online interface for health care administrators, received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in July.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
where's my comments at?????

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Spartannic]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well then here i go again .....

Seems the 1 of the big market players is widening their market share once again. And it seems they chosen a more 'humane" road this time !!

It was a market just waiting to be more exploited by the big business.

I can't even imagine whats gonna be next !

Like getting a "Free Trail" Virus scan for your own body
(sounds scary doesn't it ? )

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
our main customer is intel. they got this. all of our building is getting laid off in january. sent to malasia, and china. the small small fluid is going to building 3 and the rest to colorado. the bulk of all the molds to be sent to malasia and china. there are about a couple of thousand molds anywhere between 10000 to 250000 a piece or more. thanks intell.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i get laid off in january. entegris co. to lay off 250 employees. great intell. im loosing my job, my car that is almost paid for , my trailer home i just got last year. thanks intell for the move out and all the others.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartannic

This is a great idea. It will save doctors alot time so they can actually just deal with serious issues and keep wait times down. Not only that I think that people will pay alot more attention to their health if they have timely updates on their vitals and get answers quickly. This will bring health care costs down in a big way. It's a win-win situation for healthcare and patients alike.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

i also believe this will be a huge step forward for the health care industry ,
This could even make it in the military, they would have a more complete diagnostic ability on the battlefield with one of these

and to the previous poster that's getting laid of because of Intel :

Do u really feel that Intel making some cutbacks make them "those lowlife bastards" u make them out to be ??? Though i feel sorry for u losing a lot , i cant see how this relates to the topic i presented

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's just another tool.

The truth about tools... is that they are only as good as the person wielding them.

Allopathic medicine is an oxymoron.

The truth is people live MUCH healthier lives... by STAYING AWAY from doctors.

Why don't you look up the revenue figures from folks dying from cancer? It's LOTS of folks... LOTS of revenue.

top topics

join