It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold a Pale Horse-Part Three: The 144,000 of the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Antichrist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecowgirl

This is one of those things that is going to take some research. The problem with biblical characters is that they do not attain historical record. This is like the descrepancy with the calendar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Saint Mary Magdalen or Mary Magdalene is described, both in the canonical New Testament and in the New Testament apocrypha, as a devoted disciple of Jesus. She is considered by the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Anglican churches to be a saint, with a feast day of July 22. She is also commemorated by the Lutheran Church with a festival on the same day. The Orthodox Church also commemorates her on the Sunday of the Myrrhbearers, which is the second Sunday after Pascha (Easter).
Mary Magdalene's name may identify her as "of Magdala"—the town some believe she came from, on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee—and thus distinguishes her from the other Marys referred to throughout the New Testament.
The life of the historical Mary Magdalene is the subject of ongoing debate, while the less-obscure development of the "penitent Magdalene" as the most beloved medieval female saint after Mary, both as an exemplar for the theological discussion of penitence and as a social parable for the position and custody of women,[3] provides matter for the social historian and the history of ideas.

This is one of those things like Jesus, it is even more difficult to understand, as online resources to not give us any direct clues.

I apologize but this is not an easy question to answer, this is the most difficult question to answer and I can not find a historical account of Mary Magdalene. So if anybody does know the historical record, please feel free to post.

This is sort of like the other 12 whos historical data was never entered in the books. We have an idea of when they lived, but we do not know the historical FACTS.

The best advice I could give you, is that if you are interested in finding this out, is to resarch Selene and if you have any doubt as to who some of these biblical characters truly were, research the ones who best fit the description.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cleopatra Selene II (Greek:η Κλεοπάτρα Σελήνη, 25 December 40 BC-6), also known as Cleopatra VIII of Egypt or Cleopatra VIII was a Ptolemaic Princess and was the only daughter to Greek Ptolemaic queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt and Roman triumvir Mark Antony. She was the fraternal twin of Ptolemaic prince Alexander Helios. Her second name in ancient Greek means "moon", being the counterpart of her twin brother‘s second name Helios, meaning "sun". She was of Greek and Roman heritage. Cleopatra was born, raised and educated in Alexandria, Egypt. In late 34 BC, during the Donations of Alexandria, she was made ruler of Cyrenaica and Libya.
Her parents were defeated by Octavian (future Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus), during a naval battle at Actium, Greece in 31 BC. In 30 BC, her parents committed suicide as Octavian and his army invaded Egypt. Octavian took Cleopatra and her brothers from Egypt to Italy. Octavian celebrated his military triumph in Rome by parading the three orphans in heavy golden chains in the streets. The chains were so heavy that they couldn’t walk. Octavian gave the three siblings to Octavia Minor to be raised in her household in Rome. Octavia Minor became their guardian; she was Octavian's second eldest sister and their father's former wife.
Between 26 BC-20 BC, Augustus arranged for Cleopatra to marry African King Juba II of Numidia in Rome. As a wedding present the emperor gave her a huge dowry and appointed her Queen of Numidia. In return, Cleopatra became an ally to Rome. By then her brothers, Alexander Helios and Ptolemy Philadelphus had died, probably from illness or through murder. When Cleopatra married Juba, she was the only surviving member of the Ptolemaic dynasty.
Juba and Cleopatra returned to Numidia but did not rule there for long. The local Numidians disapproved of Juba becoming too Romanized, which caused civil unrest. The couple were forced to leave Numidia and move to Mauretania. They renamed their new capital Caesaria (modern Cherchell, Algeria), in honor of the Emperor.
Cleopatra is said to have exercised great influence on policies that Juba created. Through her influence, the Mauretanian Kingdom flourished. Mauretania exported and traded well throughout the Mediterranean. The construction and sculptural projects at Caesaria and at another city Volubilis, were built and display a rich mixture of Ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman architectural styles. The children of Cleopatra and Juba were Cleopatra of Mauretania a possible daughter, Ptolemy of Mauretania (1 BC-40) and Drusilla of Mauretania (born 5). Queen of Syria, Zenobia of Palmyra, is descended from Cleopatra, through her granddaughter Drusilla of Mauretania, the only child of Ptolemy of Mauretania.
Unfortunately, there are no specific surviving written sources on the life of Cleopatra. Surviving coins and monuments suggest that Cleopatra inherited the iron will and perseverance of the Ptolemaic women. Her various titles on surviving coinage are in Greek: ΒΑΣΙΛΙΣΣΑ ΚΛΕΟΠΑΤΡΑ or ΒΑΣΙΛΙΣΣ ΚΛΕΟΠΑΤΡΑ, which means Queen Cleopatra. These titles were also used on coinage by her late mother. Another title she used on coinage was CΕΛΕNΕ or Selene. Cleopatra seemed to have been religious, patriotic of her Egyptian Greek heritage, though she ignored her Roman heritage. She wanted to retain and continue the Ptolemaic Legacy.

Sorry, but I can not find any historical account for Mary Magdalene, the wikipedia account of Selene seems to match up though.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I know this is the point where I am going to start losing people. The point I am trying to make is that historical evidence has far less gaps than Biblical evidence.

Look up any Biblical character and tell me when they wer born and when they died.

Look up any historical character and it is right there.

You have to be able to read between the lines.

We are told to believe in mythical figures and Gods that have no historical record.

This is where we have to connect the dots.

I was raised to believe that Jesus was born of a Virgin and died on a cross, only to be resurrected and be told that he died for humanities sins. The reality is that this little mythological tale has more to do with the immortality of the Roman Empire than it does have to do with my immortality or Jesus dying for my sins.

The reality of the matter is that people who lived during this time had no idea that some day they would tell us that the ancient Egyptian Empire was before the birth of Christ and that the Roman Empire came after the Birth of Christ.

Because these people only knew the dictators and the empires that ruled over them. They did not know that this Jesus guy was the first born son of a dictator named Julius Caesar who proclaimed himslef as being God. All they knew was that this Jesus guy knew some incredible sh#$.

Think about it. God has no reason to have a son and proclaim himself lord.

The only GOD is you and I and we are the fabric of life and if we kill and destroy life than we are against GOD.

God is the fabric that holds life together, worship a man and you are in fact worshiping an idol and a man that is against the fabric of life that is God.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
KOGDOG ,

It is my understanding that the meaning of it all was more esoteric:

"“The Serpent promised Adam and Eve that their eyes would "be opened" (Genesis 3:5) if they ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The key word in this passage is eyes, which in Hebrew can be translated "knowledge." Opened can be translated "broadened." What the Serpent promised Adam and Eve was that their knowledge would be broadened if they ate of the forbidden fruit. But the most foreboding aspect of this Scripture emerges from the fact that the Hebrew word for "eyes" is not plural, but singular. What the Serpent actually told Adam and Eve was that their "eye" would be broadened by knowledge. The "eye" that Scripture wants us to consider is not the physical organ of sight, but the eye of the mind or soul. This singular "eye" is called the "third eye" of clairvoyance in the Hindu religion, the eye of Osiris in Egypt, and the All-Seeing Eye in Freemasonry.”

John Daniel, Scarlet and the Beast, Vol. III, pp. 6-7, (c)1995"

"The kundalini is metaphorically seen as the great serpent power fallen from its original place of honor. As Adam and Eve fell from grace in the Garden, so did the serpent. But as Moses raised the serpent in the desert and Jesus raised it to life everlasting, so each of us must raise our serpent power to its rightful, original place of honor. Kundalini meditation is intended to do just that."

"The secret tradition held that the human fall was simply and solely the sin of ignorance.

"Wisdom (knowledge) is a tree of life to them that lay hold of her," the mystery teachers said, and by "tree" they meant the human cerebrospinal system. When it is stimulated by a new and more potent form of Life Energy, called prana, the nervous system becomes the Tree of Life.

Then an extraordinary change occurs, marking the beginning of a highly accelerated evolutionary activity in the body, known to adepts as the awakening of the Serpent Power, or Kundalini."

[edit on 14-11-2008 by spacecowgirl]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

On some things I agree, such as God being inside us all.

Luke 17:21
Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you

Be still and know that I am God.. Psalm:46:10

Literal Hebrew translation:
God......I am that and know! Be still!

Let go, surrender the ego, and know that I AM
Be Still! And know! That I AM...God

There is more to Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins/souls but I don't quite understand it as yet. When I get the fuller picture, I will share it. I think somehow due to Jesus dying on the cross it is connected to people being able to be released from the darkness? Hell? Somehow? Whereas before, I think there was no way out? Not sure of it all as yet and may never know.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

If the Magdalene was infact Selena, then the closeness she had with Caesarian, assuming he was Jesus, could be explained simply by the fact they were brother and sister and in fact makes more sense than being married as it doesn't fit historical record of their lives in your theory. It would also explain the desciples asking Jesus why he kissed her or was more fond of her? They wouldn't ask that question if Jesus and Mary were a married couple but it does make sense if they were hiding their true identies and the fact that they were siblings.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Spacecowgirl I am not sure that any of us will ever completely understand it in our present form, and I don't think God expects us to. I refer to the following bible passage, 1 Cor 13:12 -

For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

I like that scripture a lot, and I think it was very thoughtful of God to include that for us, so we don't have to worry about what we don't understand, God will reveal it to us when the time is right.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I like that scripture a lot, and I think it was very thoughtful of God to include that for us, so we don't have to worry about what we don't understand, God will reveal it to us when the time is right.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Bombeni]

Understanding does not come like lighting from above.....seek God, keep his commandments, his sabbaths, his holy days, and he will provide wisdom to those who truely seek him and DO his will.

The original post of this thread is just nuts, perhaps even inspired by a demon in order to cause confusion in those who know nothing of the actual word of God.

Go, seek God, ask for understanding, show him YOU seek his will.........

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Ok lets look at that:

Corinthians 13:12
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I think it could mean this:
When I was a child, my heart was pure. I spoke, thought and played and understood things as a child with a pure heart and everything was new and fresh in the present moment.

But when I became an adult and put away childish things, the glass that I saw the world through became marked with all my pain and predjudice and hurts and history. The glass became dark with all these marks I had put on it and I could no longer see clearly like a child, in the now with no thought or predjudice.

I have found a book online called

Cracking the Glass Darkly

"- Have you ever watched yourself as you suffered? Perhaps hurting through jealousy, anger, fear, boredom, insecurity, stress or worry. If you had done so, and watched yourself impartially without judgment, criticism or comment, something very interesting would have happened. The suffering would start to diminish. In an instant, you would have discovered a miracle: that escape from the Mechanical Mind, the Conditioned Mind, the suffering that millions unconsciously and needlessly subject themselves to every day, is possible and within your grasp. Robert Egby's book "Cracking the Glass Darkly" (ISBN: 978-1-4343-4901-9) shows a way out.

The secret has been around since Plato, Socrates, Buddha, St. Paul and other ancient teachers. "It should be taught in schools," says the author. "It would reduce conflict in homes, relationships, careers and the world in general."

The problem is we are trained to identify with our suffering. The secret is to impartially observe it and watch what happens.

Egby, a long time metaphysical and spiritual teacher, fills the book with practical exercises for the beginner. Most people live in the past, re-running negative memories and scripts to hurt themselves, loved ones and others. Many live in the future, struggling with fears originating in the past. "It's totally unnecessary and the way out is easy, but it must be practiced," says Egby.

"The human ego, the false self within us, is made up of a multiplicity of faces such as anger, bitterness, revenge, fear, impatience, jealousy, insecurity, ignorance, discontent, despair and many, many more," says the author. "You can actually watch faces changing minute by minute. People believe these faces, these personalities, yet they are total illusions. They are seen through a Glass Darkly."

"Glass Darkly" is a phrase coined almost 2,000 years ago by St. Paul: "...but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly." (KJV 1 Corinthians 13) The glass darkly is the negative ego, otherwise known as the False Self or the Mechanical Mind.

Anger and Conflict Management training may help for a while, but sooner or later the negative faces return. Impartial awareness is the key to permanent dissolution, says Egby. Ancient teachings contained the truth but its realization was complicated. "I felt the need for a book in everyday language that accomplishes a breakout and a new direction."

Some teachers such as Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, and recently Vernon Howard, described the Mechanical Mind as imposing a hypnotic existence on people. People say and do hurtful things to themselves and others, frequently repeating the same actions, and blaming it on their ancestors. You can test the power of Mechanical Mind. Ask a person to sign their name as if writing a letter, then ask them to copy it consciously, and most people find it impossible to forge their own signature. The Mechanical Mind knows how to do it exactly.

"Cracking the Glass Darkly: Discovering the Power and the Ecstasy of Your True, Cosmic Self" has four sections: (1) Breaking Free from the False Self; (2) How to recognize and enjoy the Here and Now, understanding there is no other time than Now. (3) Loving Yourself Unconditionally, understanding how "conditional love" is suffering imposed ruthlessly by the False Self. Once the truth is realized, one is free to love unconditionally, a phenomena that eliminates anxiety and hurt. Finally (4) The Path to Your Cosmic Self states that if you have an "idea" or "concept" about God, the Creator, Holy Spirit, Infinite Intelligence, it is more than likely based on images picked up from your past environment. In other words, your image of God was taught to you. It is someone else's idea. And the Mechanical Mind reflects it.

Is this a religious book? Not a bit. However, you may well have a better understanding of your religion after reading it. To achieve cosmic consciousness, one must be free of viewing the God Force through a glass darkly and allow one's own spiritual consciousness to open. "

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

You sound fearful of your God?

Are you frightened to explore new thoughts and ways and beliefs through a fear of being punished by your God?

God is within you. God is love.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl

Are you frightened to explore new thoughts and ways and beliefs through a fear of being punished by your God?

To fear God is to respect his power and glory. When Jesus returns how many humans are left on earth? Check the math but around 1/5th of mankind survives at his return..........God is all loving of his children who OBEY him........those who reject his will and ways will be destroyed just as in the days of Noah's flood.........

Jesus came to show man the way to salvation, simply saying "I believe" and having "faith" isn't enough, one must "act" on that faith and do God's will, including ALL the comandments.........Just as Jesus did......

Those who do God's will have no need to fear God's wrath........however, many will need to be "chastised" in order to repent of thier ways.....

Many more will follow the antichrist into the lake of fire...........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think we have a lot to fear not only God but our selves as well.

If you dont fear God. Then your ignorant and have no respect for his words and commands.

Ill tell you this. Your a sinner a long with the rest of us. Don't think Jesus died on the cross so you can have a excuse to do foolish things.

Like:
lie,cheat and do other foolish things. Because this is what we humans do every day. Or many times a day.

Humans are evil and your ignorant if you think other wise. But the problem is. You only see the problems others create but you dont see your own actions. Yes i am talking about You and Me.

We dont see our selves as a part of the problem. We only see the actions of others. And we only judge the actions of others. Or we just plainly blame religion. We dont blame the preacher.

Who is The preacher!! Well its you and me. Its all of us. Its our interpretation of religion that we spread around us that's to blame.

We preach interpretations that we really dont know anything about. We preach roomers and personal thoughts like its a fact. And we use quotations of the bible to make our thoughts and interpretations a fact.

Who is lying! Who is fooling the world and them selves?

Could it be us humans.

We have all reasons to be scared. Because we dont know what the hellll we are doing.

Have many times haven't you changed your mind about the bible and its interpretations. Have many more times do you think you will change your mind in the future?

That's a thought we never think about before we start to preach the word of God.

And we never include our own actions and thoughts to the problems. Because personally we dont like to think about our selves as bad people.

But somebody has got to be lying about who they really are. But you dont think its you. You think its me or somebody else.

Whats the Bible all about !!! Us humans. And our actions.

I think we should fear and respect God so we would think twice about what we are doing. So we dont mess up others and our selves.

Don't miss use Gods love as an excuse to mess up.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl

No... God is not "within you" unless you first cleanse your Temple. Ummm..... you won't believe that. Did you ever read the OT with all those really bizarre verses that like I have stated before are often used by critics/atheists/etc to attack Scripture and the God of the Hebrews? Just mumbo jumbo to you?? Oh well..... so be it.

Fearing God is to fear God more than man. We all give our hearts and minds over to those that have what we most desire. If you fear "man" you will do what it takes to secure your position within their ranks. If you fear being separated from God then you will do anything to draw close to God since God is the One who has what you most desire.

It's all in what floats your boat. What you desire... what motivates you... will determine who you "fear". What you desire will also determine the means by which you will achieve/secure your "goals".

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This thread has suddenly turned into a preachy baptist tabernacle?? I am not interested in your "religious" hell fire and damnation ideology.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Because God is not really the same as Jesus and was around long before Jesus. Just because this is a conspiracy about the human origin of Jesus Christ, does not mean this is some antichrist agenda, give me a break.

What you guys are failing to acknowledge is that Jesus is the self proclaimed son of God and that would make him a man, not a God. But a man in the image of God according to what Jesus would teach us.

I am not promoting this antichrist figure either. But the world is a stage and we have yet to see how it will be played out, the idea behind it is that religious prophecy is what we are seeing being played out, there are special interest groups that feel it is their duty to see that it gets carried out.

The whole misguidance suggests that by being succeptable to this kind of mentality you naturally accept that what you are told to believe and is the reason we have always dealt with wars because this zionist agenda and the powerful people behind it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

You are never separate from God as He is within you. You may however, feel separate when you are not at peace or loving, but the truth is, we are all One and when we come to stillness and at rest, our unity is felt, everpresent.

God said...Be still and know that I AM. ( I am that which is within you)

[edit on 15-11-2008 by spacecowgirl]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

OK... could we just try a different angle on this subject?? Let's just say that there is no God. I don't believe that... for this discussion there will be no "God".

The "OT/NT" is simply an "epic tale". The story is about a "Creator" who designs a world with living sentient beings that from the beginning need the "Creator's" guidance to do well/survive in the "construct/matrix". Adam is given a babe named "Lilith" with whom he mates and creates the first "God Child" that was to forever be the living presence of God with the human species. The "God Child" is the "First Fruit"... it is literally the "Fruit of Knowledge" and it also represents the "God Ancestral Tree of Life" that was to populate the planet with the "Holy Spirit" of God within each and every offspring from Adam & Lilith and their eternal bloodline. Phew...... that was a brain full....... stay with me... s'il vous plaît.

In slithers the "Dragon/Villain".... the Dragon lives outside the Garden of Eden with a race of equally vicious homies who have developed an alternative system/order for obtaining "power" in God's creation. There are no "rules" in their neighborhood. Winning is a lot like the flick the "Highlander". There can be only one... and they obtain the power of their victims by consuming them. They are cannibals. That other Hollywood flick Predator is based on a Jewish Legend where the Demons not only hunted humans... they ate them.

The "Dragon" tells Eve, Lilith has deserted the whole chauvinistic system in the Garden of Eden, that God is a tyrant who wants us as slaves. The Dragon informs Eve that the "God Child" of Adam & Lilith contains the "knowledge of God" and whoever eats of this "First Fruit" will be Gods... Eve listens then does the unthinkable.... she cannibalizes the "First Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge that effectively destroys the Ancestral Tree of Life........" forever. All hell breaks out on Earth.

Fast forward to Abraham & the Chosen People. This is where the Creator shows His love for... us. He chooses a people/tribe to reinstate the "God Child" into the "Ancestral Family" of the human species. God literally places what we COG refer to as the "Holy Spirit" within a "box... the Ark of the Covenant". The "Spirit of God" is back with humanity... The Hebrews were "chosen" to reinstate "God With Us/Holy Spirit" back into all of us. Next God dwelled within the "Temple Holy of Holies"...... and finally God dwelled within the person of Jesus/God With Us who was the living Ark of the Covenant who came knowing full well that He would have to be killed/crucified by us once again so that we could "cleanse our temples" with a single drop of the Blood of the Lamb... just like the Passover Lamb in Egypt functioned.

NOW... we may have God within our temples. But... not until we have been "cleansed" of our "demons". No more OT sacrifices that made the Temple mount run red with blood. Now we have the power of God within us to command those who seek to destroy the COG.

I'm outta' here....... probably left a lot out.... hope it at least made an interesting/fun read.

Oh...... one more thing....... what if it is "real". I'm bettin' that it is... I have seen enough to say... the "Aliens/Demons" are right behind you........... BOO!

Oh... 12.21.12...... does this above sound like I/everyone "naturally accept that what you are told to believe"? We are not enemies. We should be trying to figure out the "riddle of life"...... together. Peace...

[edit on 11/15/2008 by KOGDOG]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Yes this is a better angle and not so PREACHY which I have to say, when it gets like that it just sounds like a whole lot of clanging cymbols.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
G'day. I want to say-write. There is no "lake of fire". Secondly, It is funny to hear christians preach "you need to do God's will-commandments". What? I am sure that God wanted humans to make animal sacrifice to God. Does any christian make any animal sacrifice to God nowadays? In the bible the "rooms-temple was originaly designed only for the use of animal sacrifice to God", then man-christian religion kindof done his own thing and was to lazy to "follow God". Now...Christians follow in their own path-cult. In today's world the christian religion is soo far from away of being apart of God's will. There were soo many "orders" that God wanted man-christianreligion to do, but man-christianreligion followed not what God wanted, but followed in man-christianreligion own ways of life.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Untill we are doing THY will and not MY will, then we are still run by our own little ego i am and not the big I AM. When we become a vessel of peace and live God's will, we have reached a state of awareness and are enlightened, I think?

Not having reached this beautiful awakened state, I am only surmising.

I think it is all to do with purity of thought, word and deed.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

The theory is interesting but I doubt a woman would eat her own child. That doesn't make sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join