It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pres. bush breaks his own law!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
www.newsday.com...

"The official merchandise Web site for President George W. Bush's re-election campaign has sold clothing made in Burma, whose goods were banned by Bush from the U.S. last year to punish its military dictatorship."

ok...

i always thought this man was an idiot...

this makes it official!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't necessarily pin it on Bush. It is terribly ironic, but I'm sure someone else working for Bush thought they could get away with it without anyone noticing, as they could get more profit from clothing made with slave labor.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
lmao....irony at its best

wonders how many more dumb/idiotic things have to be done by this administration before people finally wake up.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Burmese textile workers earn as little as 7 cents per hour, according to the National Labor Committee" yet
the Bush campaign sells the fleece jackets for 80+ dollars....talk about freecing America.

Mr. Bush, you should be ashamed.

Just another reason I don't vote Republican.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

but is he really in charge of the website ? come on now...let's be fair about this, he might actually have nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"The official merchandise Web site for President George W. Bush's re-election campaign"

official!!! that means he should be aware of it. and if he isn't...even more idiotic....your own official relection campaign website and you have no clue???? gimme a break.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
"The official merchandise Web site for President George W. Bush's re-election campaign"

official!!! that means he should be aware of it. and if he isn't...even more idiotic....your own official relection campaign website and you have no clue???? gimme a break.

ooops, I missed the word "official",

I still say though, is he responsible for going there and double checking everything ? I'm being serious, should he have to double check things like that ?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ahhhh, see it's really nothing...

Ted Jackson, Spalding's president, said, "We have found only one other in our inventory that was made in Burma. The others were made in the U.S.A." He said the company had about 60 of thefleece pullovers in its warehouse, and that a supplier included the Burma product by mistake....

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yeah..but they are buying their stuff from a supplier who buys stuff from burma....

and it's pretty easy to change labels you know...go to your local fleamarket and see all the tommy hilfiger and ralph lauren stuff they have...all with real brand name labels.

link   
Can someone say Collector's Item!? But seriously, it's pretty sad, unless you're Ebay.

link   
Those wrokers are over payed!! LOL I am buying 2 dozen of all the Burmese stuff and reselling them to Liberals on Ebay for twice as much!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
*sighs*
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the search function.
Thread closed.

-B.

top topics

join