It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Cash is something the unwashed masses use, dare not soil the Queen's Guard with such filthy things.

Hey, a little levity in such "dire" times. Being implanted doesn't mean it has to stay in you forever is all I am saying. I do hate coins...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok...So, I'm checking and spreading the news to a dozen or so of my friends and one of them sent me to this link:www.guardian.co.uk...
I'm heading for the hills, with my guns and no doggone ID cards or chips from ANY government!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Orwell would be rolling over in his grave if he knew the stuff the UK was up to. Bio-scans, fingerprints in the streets, now RFID, its insane.
Check out this genius, he actually puts one in his hand... himself!
www.youtube.com...
I think the youth of the world are so lazy and used to convenience that they'll love this when it really comes down. Those grocery store cards have 'em. There are already RFID tags in most new US passports, I forget the year that they started doing it. Have you guys heard of the WHTI (western hemisphere travel initiative) ? By June '09 they'll want you to have this card coming back into the US from Canada, Mexico and the caribbean
travel.state.gov...
sounds like another step towards a north american union to me. they were rumored to have rfid chips so i searched a little more and found this older article
www.dhs.gov...
In the future thieves won't have to steal your wallet they'll just have to be near you and have a scanner and boom, they've got all your info. We'll all need these
www.thinkgeek.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
One zap from a handheld taser ($40 USD) will destroy the RFID chip with no evidence that anything had ever happened!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
for the record, rfid + microwave = pop! dont forget to nuke your money too...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"Shadow home secretary Dominic Grieve described the decision to trial ID cards at just two airports as "clearly a climbdown" and "just a gimmick" aimed at selling the scheme to the public."

The government believes it would be "more convenient" for people and cheaper than setting up its previously planned enrolment centres in large population centres.

In her speech Ms Smith rejected claims handing enrolment over to private firms would compromise security.

"Provided that it is conducted in a secure and trusted environment, by service providers accredited and verified by the IPS and to high and rigorously enforced standards, enrolment should be able to happen at the convenience of the customer - on the high street, at the nearest post office, or at the local shopping centre."

>>>>>>>>>>>WOW

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
edited

[edit on 7-11-2008 by alienesque]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
deleted..see below

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
id suggest writing to her regarding this..i have saying how disgusting these plans are..

here you go...she even looks evil:

www.jacquismithmp.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
not working for some reason

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I used my neighbours details and to be honest the petition will be overlooked no matter how many signatures there are on it, I wish there was actually a way we could stop it without resulting to extremism.

Good idea. Might I add that every single time I've signed one of these '10 Downing Street' petitions, I've had an email detailing the Government's response to it. SO at the very least, they do PRETEND to take notice of it.

Originally posted by ablue07
I wouldn't put it past the N.W.O to make a list of trouble makers from petitions etc.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. So it's a question of how much are we willing to sacrifice to make our voices heard, and whether this petition is a legitimate way for those voices to be properly heard.

Originally posted by XxthehoffxX
Have you seen the new barclay card ad contactless scanning no need to stick it in the chip and pin reader just flick it past the reader this sounds like plan b no need for id cards everyone uses bank cards hey guys great fun technology little do you know we will pu scanners on every street corner and any where else we see fit and you will know nothing about it 666 number of the beast !!!!!!!!

Yes, that advert frightened the heck out of me. ALso, in the movie I, Robot, the same kind of technology is used - no cash, no protocol, just a single card through which the central authorities have access to your bank account. At least with conventional credit cards we have to authorise them before money can be taken. This kind of technology is being pushed as the new fashionable gadget. Young people will be falling over themselves to have the latest hi-tech credit card. Goddamn I really need to awaken some minds.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I've said it before and i'll say it again. When thy try to force me into having this card i'l be going to prison for resisting. I know they'll then hold me down and force me to give my details but at least i can say i fought.

I wonder i they'll bring in a law, around 2010 that says that if you resist you'll be given a prison sentence or massive fine? It would be a good way of scaring people into getting one. Afterall most people just don't want the hassle. Or maybe they'll justtie it into the banking system so securely that you can't do anything without it.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Let me put this in some context.

If any other party is voted in at the next general election, this scheme will be scrapped.

Considering the "trial" takes the Labour Party up to the election, the chances of this ever seeing the light of day are probably minimal for two reasons

1. Gordon Brown is about as popular as a rat in a restaurant kitchen and unless he has a personality transplant in the next 18 months I can't see many people having "faith" in him as Labour leader.

2. The Labour party have been in power since 1997, and are suffering from going "stale", in the same manner as the Tories did before them.

Can't see the ID card thing happening at all, personally.

By the way - there is a reason Peter Mandleson was brought back into the British Government, and Jacqui Smith's "statement" is a good example of it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

It is a crime against humanity, imagine being rich and powerful having the earth as your roaming ground and then slowly it being destroyed and taken over by a verminous underclass. Imagine the anger on some of these people when they go to the favourite restaurant and have to share the room with a lottery winner or "celebrity".

In the end our cancerous underclass will be stripped down so those at the top can once again enjoy the earth the way they want and the way their grandfathers had it.

Any who this guy probably state the NWO lot better than me.. (2 1/2 hours long though)

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

It it is submit or fight then find out exactly the first to present it to the legislature. Then do with him what must be done. Who seconded it. Ditto. Enough of it down the line and they will get the message.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wake up folks. It is far far easier to extract details about you without you knowing if the data is spread across multiple databases with different methods of access. The data is often repeated! If that data was centralised then it would make an audit trail far easier to follow and hence trace who is accessing your data.

Point 2. All the data you are worried about can be collated by any agency with the PRESENT system. ID cards might make it a little quicker and certainly more accurate!!! Which is to your advantage by the way.

I for one am fed up with a pocket full of plastic. Bring on ID cards but make sure they work for us. Spin the politicians claims about being good for us by calling their bluff (if they are bluffing) and demand certain conditions:

1. All access to your data is recorded and you have full free permanent access to that record. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is something you don't currently have.
2. No authority can use the data in any legal action if there is no record of their access. So this prevents forwarding of information. You currently have no control over this.
3. Limits are applied to the number of times your records are accessed. Any breaking of limits results in immediate automatic compounded (1 year window) compensation for you. This prevents harrassment and data trawling. Well an authority could but it would become excessively expensive very quickly. So they have to be selective ie do some work first!
4. It is not mandatory to carry your ID card.

My only gripe with ID cards is the insane method they use by embedding information on the card. The card should hold nothing except a number which points to your record. The security then depends on the central records being secure. This is possible unless you hire IT contractors!

At my place of work there are many people who would love an ID card to replace all the plastic in their pocket and they all understand the data is out there anyway.

Thay are inevitable and you have two choices:
1. Bitch complain protest and get a system imposed that does not work for you.
2. Accept the inevitable be positive and get the politicians to introduce a sytem that works for us.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Watch the above video, as it states in there, if the powers that be want something to happen they will push and push and finally it will be accepted. Look at the EU, the bailout, the war on terror, it's all the same and in the end it is taken on board with or without consent of the voting public.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

It's all about centralising the lot... imagine having your nice flashy third generation ID card which activates your car, let's you into your place of work and pays for everything you purchase.... what are you going to do when you've found that you've pissed somebody off and the card all of a sudden "breaks" and continues to "break". You won't be able to pay for anything with an alternative method.. like money.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by spitefulgod

Watch the above video

But its Icke.

Sorry, I can't take the guy seriously. I remember him when he was Coventry's goalkeeper, and I watched the Wogan thing.....

Still, maybe he's right, and maybe he ain't.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
She's a friggin lying bint and pathetic 'yes woman'.

Not worth a proverbial wank.

Hate the lying, crooked bastards.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join