It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Jacqui Smith says public demand means people will be able to pre-register for an ID card within the next few months.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh dear, i don't think we in the UK are going to be able to avoid this horrid thing and it's only the start. Does anyone have any ideas of how this movement can be stopped before it goes to far? I certainly don't want to start carrying no card that will have biometric data as well as personal data and then the upgraded version will surely have RFID for easy tracking.

I urge any UK residents to sign the petition to stop this NWO horror.
petitions.number10.gov.uk...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow! Terrifying stuff. Not the ID cards I mean, but the lies they're coming up with to convince people that something terrible is to be yearned for. I wanted to sign the petition but I'm starting to wonder how good an idea it is to voluntarily provide the Government with the names and addresses of people who are going to prove troublesome for them.

This deserves a flag.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They are falsely implying that there is a public demand for the ID cards.

The art of implanting false need.

Creating the illusion that the public supports and wants the big brother system.

A public individual (sheeple) is lead to believe that since people are asking for it, well then surely it must not be so bad.

Read between the lines.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I used my neighbours details and to be honest the petition will be overlooked no matter how many signatures there are on it, I wish there was actually a way we could stop it without resulting to extremism.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I wouldn't put it past the N.W.O to make a list of trouble makers from petitions etc. It's really frightening that it's now at the point we've only thought about. I for one don't have any ideas how to fight this thing. I must say it causes a heavy feeling of trepidation. What to do ??? It seems to be down to submit or fight.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why you guys don't kick this Jaqui Smith out.
She seems to have total utter disregard for peoples privacy and wants to have complete control over everyone.
She is definitely a part of the new world order so kick her out.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Love to, although this government, like yours has gotten too damn big to listen to the little guy...gits

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I urge any UK residents to sign the petition to stop this NWO horror.
petitions.number10.gov.uk...

ill happily sign up to stop this terrible thing

and i dont care if im on some sort of list ill take the risk

i just hope its a real petition but if it isnt unlucky me its worth it no point being fearful incase its not the real deal

btw what happens to people who refuse to have them can they still do things as normal or if it a 100% have to have to do anything type of thing

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Although it is a little odd that you have to put down your home address other wise you cant sign it

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I assume like most things it will be sold as optional before being forced in as a legal necessity, once it "works" here it will be implemented in the EU then the US.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
People cant wait for ID cards haha!! Is it just me or does this statment totally sum up how out of touch Jacqui Smith is with the population of the UK, why the hell cant we get rid of her and get some one in her position with a bit of sense. If people wanted ID cards so badly they would be stating that on the "have your say" linked in the article instead of shouting to the heavens that this is another crackdown on personal freedom in the UK.

Jacqui Smith I would rather burn my money than buy a damn ID card!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well in America the Real ID scares the crap out of me but I don’t think people will take it, there will be protest. There are thankfully politicians in this country who oppose it, so I hope they can encourage the people to do so as well.

It sounds like the demand for this ID in the UK is false advertisement, as others have stated in this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've signed the petition and passed it to all my friends and family, telling them to sign and spread the word.

Hopefully it will build up if enough people tell everyone they know.

Some petitions on the Number 10 website have reached hundreds of thousands of names.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

We had many politicians oppose this in parliament too. In fact, I was pretty sure it had been defeated....

I am wandering now what is going on...

EDIT: Bah, it passed with a slim majority in 2006.... Bastard Communists in sheeps clothing, those Labour morons.

[edit on 6/11/08 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can only hope that the civil servants behind the scenes that have been responsible for scuppering the plans for the unified database state will be in action again...sensitive documents on trains, data disks left on a bus, etc

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Folks, put the card in your pocket. The place a very small but very powerfull magnet in that pocket. At night..take a small hammer and lightly flatten the card anywhere there might be a RFID! If your called on it, play dumb and make the PTB keep producing them and keep screwing with the cards! Might take a while but the cost and the problems you create doing this will eventualy "FIX' the problem!!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The initial version won't have an RFID it will be used to establish a "fan base" with a few stories of "Benefit frauds brought to justice by ID card", "illegal immigrant deported having failed ID checks" etc then the new version will bring in either RFID or some kind of static charged GPS. UK / EU is set to launch a flood of next gen GPS satellites en.wikipedia.org... in order to track population movements in cars (under the guise of mileage tax...for a start) this will also be used for the tracking of everyone in the future I presume...

What gives them the right?

Oh yeah and to add insult to injury..... We're going to have to actually pay for it out of our own pockets.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I can't wait for mine. This one's plastic, conveniently shaped, portable and re-usable at least now when I use a public toilet I won't be checking for paper - I can just use my government issued one. Cost cutting: I'm all for that.

But, less seriously, when ministers have to be protected from public hecklers, protesters and other dissident types (for the public's own good, mind), then we know with all certainty that we live in a safe, warm and welcoming protectorate. If only Hitler and Stalin had had people like ours in their governments the world would be an outstandingly better place for us all now. Why we didn't support them in the first place, with their forward thinking vision, I don't understand. It's a crazy world, and sometimes it just takes a little bit of time for the majority to catch-up with genius and brilliance that others harbor to carry the rest of the poor, unfortunate simple masses.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Folks, put the card in your pocket. The place a very small but very powerfull magnet in that pocket. At night..take a small hammer and lightly flatten the card anywhere there might be a RFID! If your called on it, play dumb and make the PTB keep producing them and keep screwing with the cards! Might take a while but the cost and the problems you create doing this will eventualy "FIX' the problem!!

Fix the problem right into them getting so sick of you making a mess of the RFID in your card they implant it in your arm instead.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
silo13,
Hell, here in the US they already are in children. 'To Keep Them Safe From Predators!!" You know, the ones that both our judicial systems keep releasing back into our enviornment??? You are right though, That is eventualy what they want, but wouldn't you love to screw with them until that point and not simply cave in to this idiocy??

Zindo

[edit on 11/6/2008 by ZindoDoone]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join