Let's examine the "Man of Sin" template.. Before we do, let's see the revelent passage again.
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ
is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the
son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Original Man of Sin
Luk 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
1) Timing : "Day of Christ"
2) " Then entered Satan into Judas(original Man of Sin)" - Possessed by Satan
3) "exalteth himself above all that is called God" - Claim titles of God, calls himself God, demands worship
4) "working's of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders" - Displays great supernatural powers.
5) "whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:" Is destroyed at Christ's
Let's examine the history of a man who died in the 90's....
1) Timing : died in 90's. Christ did not return.
2) Was a false apostle, led by Satan, but I saw no evidence he was possessed at all.
3) While he was a false apostle he did not demand worship
4) no display of miraculous powers
5) he's dead, so he can not be destroyed at the Second Coming.
Let's examine the False Prophet template of Revelation.
1) 2Th 2:2 Timing "Day of Christ" (literally there on that day of Christ's Return)
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse,
and against his army.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the
mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
The beast will make war against "him that sat on the horse" or Christ. Both he (beast) and False Prophet will be there, they will both be thrown
into a lake of fire, they will both be destroyed.
2)2Th 2:9 Possessed by Demons.."after the working of Satan"
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the
mouth of the false prophet.
3) Will claim titles of God and demand worship (Papal titles : "Holy Father", this should provide some "hints" who this will be)
4) 2Th 2:9 Will display miraculous "power and signs and lying wonders"...
Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first
beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying
to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would
not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had
received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
5) Is alive now somewhere, and did not die in the 90's. He will still be alive and be destroyed at the Second Coming.
A man who died in the 90's does not fit this template. He did not demand worship, did not take on God's titles, he performed no miracles in the
sight of men. Was led but not possessed by demons.
A false prophet will fulfill this template completely. He'll take titles of God, demand worship, call himself God. Will perform miracles in the sight
of men. Will be alive at the Second Coming. Will be destroyed by Christ's Second Coming.
[edit on 22-11-2008 by SirPaulMuaddib]