It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirateman
I think the only possibility is a helicopter.. I have spoke to one pilot that said all helicopters must have a flashing beacon... so maybe it was just turned off, or broken.

Then my question would be, how did this helicopter stand so still in the air for over 30 minutes? can helicopters do this? is there video of a helicopter doing this anywhere?
My video clearly shows this UFO does not look or act like the helicopter directly below it.

Hi there,

And thx for answering my questions earlier. Forget about the angular size & height questions. It is not a big deal and memory reconstruction is not really reliable so the error margin would be quiet big with this kind of estimations, specially if you were not in the military or if you are not a pilot or an amateur astronomer for ex.

Yes helicopters can hover for just as long as they have fuel, remember that besides planes & helis, lighter than air have to be taken into account & into the equation.

Your video needs & deserves a proper analysis, no matter what it is because even if it is something ordinary, we'll learn from this events. (I truly hope)

That is what imho ufology should be about, learning and respecting the scientific method.

Thx again for sharing it with us here on ATS.

EDIT : A video I want you guys to watch (UFO becomes a plane) you can go ahead and measure the spacing in between the 2 lights every 5" when he is not zooming in or out (hard to tell I know) :

www.youtube.com...

What do you get ? Any difference ? The OP's video is much longer than this.

ps : I personnaly know the guy who filmed (Itestoo) and was tricked by this event, he now is one of the most respected ufologist in France, even by skeptics, guess he did learn something that day.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck the ever unsatisfied

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
alot of the triangle lights look like the same but there would be blinking lights and red and green

Negative.
The DC-9/MD-80's navigation lights are behind the two landing lights and not visible from the front when the aircraft is in landing configuration. I spent many years watching aircraft landing while working at the airport, and know most aircraft types based solely on the light configuration. For example a 727 has a red and green on the wingtip with 4 white landing lights, a 737 has a red and green nav light and 3 landing lights (really 4, but one is always blocked by the engine/body), 757 & 767 have 3 close to the fuselage and a red and green on the wing tip, etc....

As to the appearance of speed, that has a lot to do with the size of the aircraft, its altitude, and its flight direction.

I live about 15 miles from an airport. On many occassions I can see very bright white lights that seem to be standing still (plane coming toward me) then those same lights suddenly move up and/or down (that same plane coming toward me climbing or descending.)

I've seen these lights appearantly not seeming to move at all for several minutes from my point of view as they come toward me then suddenly (seemingly) dip straight down below the treeline as it descends for a landing.

These lights I'm seeing are plane's landing lights (which are bnright white, do NOT blink, and are bright enough to obscure the flashing lights). These planes are far enough away that I do not hear them.

I'm not saying that's what this video definitely shows, as it is very difficult to tell anything from that video -- I'm just trying to dispel the myth that plane's lights always blink, or that the observer will always hear the plane.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am generally a skeptic. However, I am appalled at people who are suggesting ridiculous explanations such as these:

"Lights on a hillside or mountain"
Huh??? Have you ever been to Florida? Enough said about that.

"Lights on a tower"
Must be a damn wide tower. All com tower lights are vertically oriented, not horizontal. Besides, I've been to Ft. Lauderdale many, many times. There's no such thing anywhere near there. Plus, it would have to be a pretty weird tower that suddenly takes off and moves south.

"Approaching airplane, especially when viewed across the ocean"
Really? For SEVENTEEN minutes??? Just do the most rudimentary math, kids. Even a typical Boeing 737 has a landing speed of around 175 mph, which means this "plane" would have to be at least 50 miles away when first spotted (allowing that the object in the video is maybe 5-10 miles away), and it's obviously not getting any brighter as it approaches, folks. And if it was approaching the observer, the lights would gradually widen. But no, the lights remain stationary and do not brighten and do not widen. THINK, DAMMIT!

If this array of lights were 50 miles away when first observed, then this "aircraft" would have to be thousands of feet across. DUH!

Furthermore, the OP states the object was in the west. Look at a map, kids. Ft. Lauderdale is on the east coast of Florida. West of there is more Florida, not the ocean. C'mon, use your damn brain.

And I'm sorry, defcon5, but atmospheric scintillation is a very common phenomena, especially in a flat, humid environment like south Florida. Atmospheric scintillation easily accounts for the "twinkling" effect.

The only reasonable explanation is that it is a helicopter. But it's then violating FAA rules in its navigational lighting array. That alone would ground the aircraft. Some of you suggested that the flashing beacons are "broke" or "missing." Well, think about that, real hard. No civil entity (like the FAA, a commercial carrier or a civil airport authority) would ever allow an aircraft to fly that violates those rules. I've been on flights that have been grounded for much less than this. However, maybe a military operation would allow such a violation. And that opens a new can of worms.

Another possibility is that it's a hoax. The OP stated a certain expertise in videography. And yes, using programs like combustion or Final Cut Pro you can fake a good many things. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the OP, though I'm not giving it without reservations.

I don't know what it is. But it's pretty clear what it isn't.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by astron1000]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by astron1000

Good post, and I agree with everything you have said. Hopefully a few people here will have the full high quality footage soon (There are 21 people downloading it from me right now) and people will be able to analyze it closer.

I do have a background in video, but faking a UFO video is rather hard i believe, as every fake i have seen i can spot a mile away. This is legit video.

Does anyone have pictures of helicopters at night? I'm trying to narrow down if this could be a blackhawk or any other large helicopter by the light pattern.

I am meeting with a MUFON investigator Saturday. I will let you guys know how it goes.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by pirateman]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by astron1000
"Approaching airplane, especially when viewed across the ocean"
Really? For SEVENTEEN minutes??? Just do the most rudimentary math, kids. Even a typical Boeing 737 has a landing speed of around 175 mph, which means this "plane" would have to be at least 50 miles away when first spotted (allowing that the object in the video is maybe 5-10 miles away)

I have watched aircraft come in over the Gulf that sat in place for so long I thought they were stars at first, 20 minutes is nothing for watching an aircraft approach over the water. I live directly north of a west coast Florida airport in the approach/departure path, with a 2nd floor sliding glass door facing the Gulf of Mexico.

Additionally, an approach airspeed of 180Knots, is not the same thing as a ground speed of 180Knots. It is entirely possible for an aircraft to have a positive airspeed, and a zero or even a negative ground speed (though that is an extreme case). This is similarly rudimentary math if you know how airspeed calculations work.

If this array of lights were 50 miles away when first observed, then this "aircraft" would have to be thousands of feet across. DUH!

If you notice the aircraft is only a single dot to the naked eye in that video, he is using a high level of zoom, which puts the plane even farther away in distance, and corrects for the supposed size error.

Furthermore, the OP states the object was in the west. Look at a map, kids. Ft. Lauderdale is on the east coast of Florida. West of there is more Florida, not the ocean.

Florida is low in altitude and flat, which applies just the same to an aircraft at distance. The only issue would be the obstruction caused by trees or buildings. The same way we can watch the shuttle lift off from almost 100 miles away down here.

And I'm sorry, defcon5, but atmospheric scintillation is a very common phenomena, especially in a flat, humid environment like south Florida. Atmospheric scintillation easily accounts for the "twinkling" effect.

I believe that I mention this myself…

Originally posted by defcon5

a. The lack of flicker, blinking or movement for 17+ minutes

Why should the lights flicker, they are not strobes, and as I have already shown in the picture of the aircraft wingtip the strobes point aft, not forward. You might get some slight twinkling from atmospheric distortion, the same as we get with stars, but no reason for their to be any obvious flickering.

Yep, I thought I did…

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by pirateman

Those lights are such an amazing shade of purple, that craft could not possibly have been made by anyone on Earth

that's rediculous logic.
why can't someone on earth put purple lights on an experimental craft?

why?

Surely, oh surely, no human could create a shade of purple so beautiful

And no I'm not being sarcastic since I like do the colors... much more of a joke really, but apparently that didn't work out well at all. Oh well, it was funny to me any way. Note to self... no more joke attempts on ATS.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pirateman

ive just searched and cannot find any good pictures, maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. there are some examples on video from youtube, i linked them back on the first page in this thread, not sure if they will help.

great news about saturday, good luck.

i'm holding back on this one untill somebody takes a good look a your footage.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It's a plane, trust me, there is no UFO in that clip.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Very good video,it looks like the op's.

This is interesting no matter how things will end up.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think some of you guys should be close to being finished downloading that 5 gig video i uploaded. I'm curious on your thoughts so please let me know if you've watched it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by philjwolf

Also i'm pretty sure helicopters HAVE to have flashing lights on them.. like the one in the video.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by pirateman]

Not all aircraft HAVE to have strobes (flashing lights). The FAA requirement is red, green and white navigation lights.

I have 2 airplanes and one has strobes added, the other simply has green, red and white nav lights. You can buy kits to add strobes to the wingtips, tail, etc.

Now if you are talking about commercial aircraft, then yes, there are strobe requirements.

Military aircraft have regular intensity and also low intensity position lights so the pilots can see each other in formation but not be identifiable by an enemy nearby.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think some of you guys should be close to being finished downloading that 5 gig video i uploaded. I'm curious on your thoughts so please let me know if you've watched it.

No one has more than 46% right now. It's going to take one or two more days. I would like to try stacking frames using astronomy software to extract a shape, from the background around the 3 lights.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This ufo you've recorded could possibly be the TR-3B. Then again it could be anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It didn't look like a triangle craft to me when I saw it. Anyone download the full footage yet? been seeding for 5 days or so.

Had a guy from MUFON come over last weekend and look at the footage, he also took a copy to have some experts look at it. He couldn't come to any conclusions himself as to what it was.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It didn't look like a triangle craft to me when I saw it. Anyone download the full footage yet? been seeding for 5 days or so.

Many people got your 5 GB video by now. I suspect there isn't any feedback yet because the footage needs processing through registax or any other stacking software to eliminate noise and reveal invisible shapes around the lights. I did a preliminary test and it does work pretty well as a light amplification filter. This footage is ideally suited for such processing as the UFO doesn't change its orientation for several hundreds of frames. Will try again tonight with other parts of the footage and post results tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to try, first cut (with VirtualDub) a few hundred frames in a part of the video where the UFO is in focus, visible in every frame and doesn't move much. Set filters for deinterlacing, contrast 200% and remove the audio channel. Save as uncompressed AVI in direct stream copy mode.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Stacking in registax was done with frame range:
5048-5262 - this is UFO #1 without any strobe light

5933-6305 - same, better quality because more frames were used

6357-6654 - this is the UFO #2 with a red strobe

As you can see both #1 and #2 look like helicopters. On #1 the tail strobe light is switched off. The green light is on their right side as it should be, but its position on the tail is odd. Maybe it is positioned like this:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I live right next to Rickenbacker airport and constantly see plans coming in for landings. Thats exactly what this reminds me of.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Its military flying triangle There's No way that's a plane Quality mate Flying triangles seem to be getting filmed quite alot Nowadays that should tell you that flying triangles belong to US.

Military Or Blue Beam project.

Brian

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For reference a police helicopter:
bp3.blogger.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Wow! That is very cool, nablator! Great job. You deserve some ATS applause for your effort. I gave up downloading the torrent after a few days.

It really does look like a helicopter in profile. Amazing. I would love to see this technique applied to other cases like this.

And, yes, the Bell Jet Ranger has navigation lights on the tips of the boom winglets.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by IAttackPeople]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join