It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
Her passing just one day before the most important day in her grandsons life.... seals McCain and Palin's fate to loose.

Oh, yeah. That's the only way Obama could win... After all he's behind in all the polls. The only way he could HOPE to pull this out is with a sympathy vote.

You guys, if Obama wins this election, it's going to be because he's an incredible candidate who ran a fantastic campaign, thanks to his experience as a community organizer, which he used as a basis for his campaign strategy and ground game.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Obama's Grandmother's Vote Will Count

"Once you cast an absentee ballot, it counts," Linda Douglass said.
She had already sent her vote by mail and like all absentee ballots, it will be opened by Hawaii electoral authorities when the Pacific state concludes the nationwide election some six hours after the US east coast has finished voting.

With tears running down his cheeks and his voice choked with grief, Obama lauded his grandmother as one of America's "quiet heroes" and vowed to fight for all such ordinary heroes if he beats Republican John McCain in today's vote.

That's really cool!

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
You watch way too much CNN

Rarely.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You guys, if Obama wins this election, it's going to be because he's an incredible candidate who ran a fantastic campaign, thanks to his experience as a community organizer, which he used as a basis for his campaign strategy and ground game.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

leaving aside his granny, if he wins it is because he has been handed the worst economic crisis in history on a plate- he should have been romping home, with the war in Iraq, general annoyance with Bush, but he wasn't- it took a financial disaster to shift things decisively.

The cult surrounding Obama is baffling and slightly disappointing, Obama the politician did nothing to "change" the political life of Chicago, a city notorious for many dodgy political dealings, he may be a good speaker, but so was Hitler ( I am not comparing his policies to Hitler, but the folly and inanery of people just following his speeches, as well as those who are voting for him because he is part black)

[edit on 4-11-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Boo hoo ... who cares. People die every second of every day.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by SGSPatriot]

The GOP will be doing some neccessary post-game analysis in the comming months and I am CERTAIN that they will at some point determine that it was folks with a disposition like yourself that cost the Republican party everything it has lost.

Lee Atwater....Karl Roves mentor and the founding father of the politics of division and negative attack ads, the art of distraction from genuine issues etc...He was known by the GOP at the time as Darth Vader.

He also died of cancer and his final words to the politicians and American people....

"Long before I was struck with cancer, I felt something stirring in American society," he said. "It was a sense among the people of the country -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- that something was missing from their lives, something crucial. I was trying to position the Republican Party to take advantage of it. But I wasn't exactly sure what 'it' was. My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood."

SGSP..."Boo hoo ... who cares. People die every second of every day."

Just A LITTLE HEART...too much to ask for?

I wonder if you will remember this post in your final moments...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Boo hoo ... who cares. People die every second of every day.

The GOP will be doing some neccessary post-game analysis in the comming months and I am CERTAIN that they will at some point determine that it was folks with a disposition like yourself that cost the Republican party everything it has lost.

Lee Atwater....Karl Roves mentor and the founding father of the politics of division and negative attack ads, the art of distraction from genuine issues etc...He was known by the GOP at the time as Darth Vader.

He also died of cancer and his final words to the politicians and American people....

"Long before I was struck with cancer, I felt something stirring in American society," he said. "It was a sense among the people of the country -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- that something was missing from their lives, something crucial. I was trying to position the Republican Party to take advantage of it. But I wasn't exactly sure what 'it' was. My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood."

SGSPatriot wrote.."Boo hoo ... who cares. People die every second of every day."

Just A LITTLE HEART...too much to ask for?

I wonder if you will remember this post in your final moments...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Exactly... Look at the numbers for voting turnouts. WAY more then the past years.

This is because all the slums are getting out to vote for thier messiah. And most likely just because he is black.

It scares me because blacks today are very mean, I mean its like they think they are more powerful now orsomething just because Obama is on the ticket. I am not racist but for people to call me racist because Im not voting for Obama?, You need to take a long look in the mirror.

And as far as saying Obama handled the bail out right. WRONG it was jammed down our throats. It took how many times?

this video said a lot for me, the daughters listening to this nonsense as well.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

He did run an excellent campaign....but, just because he ran a great campaign doesn't mean he would be a great President by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said, I feel bad for Obama and his family. It is always horribly painful to lose someone you love.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

You asked for a link..Today we see the end of Atwater/Rove politics and Atwater would be very happy about that.

Lee Atwater....

Boogieman..
www.boogiemanfilm.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I dont care about his grandmother.

My argument was that he was using this for sympathy vote. Is there a link to your comment other wise get out of here with that garbage.

Im not here to make friends pal, Why dont you tell me what Obama has done to deserve this election .. Other then Use his Race card.

I am not your "pal" and have no interest befriending someone as out of touch with their own humanity as yourself.

People often project their own world views...liars suspect most others of lieing, thieves believe the world is full of thieves...Your accusing Obama of using his Grandmothers death for votes says a great deal about your own moral compass.

as far as what Obama has done to deserve to get elected that has been discussed in countless threads here, but I will give you one piece of the puzzle...many people in the middle and many republicans are endorsing and voting for Obama because of the campaign John McCain has run...get it? His election is as much about the failure of the GOP as it is Obama.

By failure of the GOP, I mean people with the same moral foundation or lack thereof as yourself, but more intelligent, who run GOP Strategy.

The end of Atwater/Rove politics...That excites me as much as an Obama presidency.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Edit: Post fixed

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

I dont care about his grandmother.

My argument was that he was using this for sympathy vote. Is there a link to your comment other wise get out of here with that garbage.

Im not here to make friends pal, Why dont you tell me what Obama has done to deserve this election .. Other then Use his Race card.

I am not your "pal" and have no interest befriending someone as out of touch with their own humanity as yourself.

People often project their own world views...liars suspect most others of lieing, thieves believe the world is full of thieves...Your accusing Obama of using his Grandmothers death for votes says a great deal about your own moral compass.

as far as what Obama has done to deserve to get elected that has been discussed in countless threads here, but I will give you one piece of the puzzle...many people in the middle and many republicans are endorsing and voting for Obama because of the campaign John McCain has run...get it? His election is as much about the failure of the GOP as it is Obama.

By failure of the GOP, I mean people with the same moral foundation or lack thereof as yourself, but more intelligent, who run GOP Strategy.

The end of Atwater/Rove politics...That excites me as much as an Obama presidency.

LOL again.. still no answer.

I didn't even mention McCain yet you compare Obama's campaign to McCain.

I didnt ask you to tell me McCains faults. I asked for answers to Obama... care to try again .. or just evade the question all together.. AGIAN?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear it from him, not you.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by maybereal11

you will be in for an abrupt bump when you wake up from your obama messiah dream- check his record in Chicago and his conformity in voting the party line, such delusions, so very very naive

[edit on 4-11-2008 by blueorder]

You still don't get it. Worst case scenario he carries the Democratic Party line and does little that is revolutionary...I am okay with that

Even in this scenario...the GOPs ideology that the electorate can be successfully lied to and manipulated has finally been disproven and the GOP must rebuild and redefine itself to exclude people such as yourself...Its a BIG WIN FOR AMERICANS even in the worst case scenario.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join