It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 6
8
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Death of a loved one is always a crushing blow, and as a fellow human being I can empathise with Obama's suffering, even though I hate his politics.

Every time I see the pic of his granny or his mother, it makes me laugh about this being the first African American president, which tribe where his maternal side from then!?




posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Theres some filthy crap posted in this thread - just as when it was announced a month or 2 back that her cancer was terminal and the family went to pay there last respects - all the mccain filth crawled out of the gutter and posted the same appaling rubbish then , as we are seeing now.


go back to the paid offices you came from.

this family are grieving - like all families that have suffered a loss , whether that is from a long illness or from a sudden violent death at home or abroad in a war , they will feel the loss and the pain.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I didn't realize she had cancer. I thought she had fallen and broken a hip.
Wasn't the fear a few weeks back that she'd get pneumonia from being bedridden from the fall?


No one had said specifically that it was cancer, officially, but she has been "very ill" for months, since March, at least. She recently fell and broke her hip and was hospitalized. When she was released from the hospital she "took a turn for the worse" but was not re-hospitalized. That's a clear sign that her illness was progressing. Having a mother that died from cancer, I suspected cancer, and said so. as these are all signs of a cancer death.

When I said in this post that it was "about more than a fall", that's what I meant. Here, I said I suspect she's dying of cancer and her brother said she may not make it through the election. All signals of cancer illness. In that same thread, his mother's cancer was discussed and how Obama didn't want to make the "same mistake again", as he didn't get to see his mother before she died.

Frankly, I hoped everyone who doubted her illness and Obama's sincerity would feel like dirt when she died, and said so, but I can see they don't. They're still suspicious, fearful and doubtful.

As I read through that thread about his visit to his ailing grandmother, I am sickened by some of the thoughts and words from some of you. I invite you all to read through that thread. I had no idea who some of you were...



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Frankly, I hoped everyone who doubted her illness and Obama's sincerity would feel like dirt when she died, and said so, but I can see they don't. They're still suspicious, fearful and doubtful.



who are you to demonise people- why in the hell would I think Obama sincere, I dont know him personally and take issue with Obama the man and his record on many things(not Obama the cult speech maker). Why should i get on bended knee for a man who is pro (and in a legislative, affecting people's lives sense) partial birth abortion.

Like I said above, I can understand grief in another human being, but spare me your demonisation of those not into your cult



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've some insane stuff posted on these boards over the years - I was a lurker a long time before I got an account - but some of the thinking on this board takes the metaphorical biscuit.

There's some arguments - used as a defence for some truly sad thinking - that this is a conspiracy site. That's true. However, I think that's no real reasoning at all. I think that speaks more about the mentality of someone desperate to see a conspiracy. No wonder there's so many people on this site that appear to sleep with a gun under their pillow.

As a conspiracy, it doesn't even make much sense. Who will this appeal to in terms of garnering 'sympathy votes'? I know America likes to promote itself as being 'caring and (not so) sharing' but are there really significant numbers going to change their votes because of this? I mean, it's obviously not going to sway some of the Republicans on this thread, is it? Or do they think they're the special Republicans, the smart ones, the ones that can see through this, apparently, tawdry scam? That's a really condescending attitude isn't it? 'Oh, we can see it for what it is, but we're worried about the people that can't!'.

To be honest, I think rather than being the 'boon' to Obama it's proffered as by some of the McCain supporters, if anything it's a 'boon' to McCain fans as if Obama wins, I'm sure this lady's death will be trotted out for the next 4 years if Obama wins as being the reason why Obama won. Not that the Republican platform wasn't strong enough, not that McCain and Palin weren't liked enough, not that people just wanted change: no, it was because everyone felt sorry for the man because his grandmother died.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I've some insane stuff posted on these boards over the years - I was a lurker a long time before I got an account - but some of the thinking on this board takes the metaphorical biscuit.

There's some arguments - used as a defence for some truly sad thinking - that this is a conspiracy site. That's true. However, I think that's no real reasoning at all. I think that speaks more about the mentality of someone desperate to see a conspiracy. No wonder there's so many people on this site that appear to sleep with a gun under their pillow.

As a conspiracy, it doesn't even make much sense. Who will this appeal to in terms of garnering 'sympathy votes'? I know America likes to promote itself as being 'caring and (not so) sharing' but are there really significant numbers going to change their votes because of this? I mean, it's obviously not going to sway some of the Republicans on this thread, is it? Or do they think they're the special Republicans, the smart ones, the ones that can see through this, apparently, tawdry scam? That's a really condescending attitude isn't it? 'Oh, we can see it for what it is, but we're worried about the people that can't!'.

To be honest, I think rather than being the 'boon' to Obama it's proffered as by some of the McCain supporters, if anything it's a 'boon' to McCain fans as if Obama wins, I'm sure this lady's death will be trotted out for the next 4 years if Obama wins as being the reason why Obama won. Not that the Republican platform wasn't strong enough, not that McCain and Palin weren't liked enough, not that people just wanted change: no, it was because everyone felt sorry for the man because his grandmother died.



don't get carried away there, it merely doesnt go against him and may get him some extra sympathy votes (clearly not the "committed" republicans but the not inconsequential undecideds or those not fully sold on Obama but preferable to a follow on from Bush)

No need to overstate it either way in my opinion, but people are not going to vote against him because of the death of a loved one!



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
who are you to demonise people-


"Demonise"??? Please.

Everyone else is speaking their minds in this thread. There's certainly no reason why I shouldn't.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Man.. some of you are like disgusting, foul vultures, hovering above stories waiting for the worst, so you can swoop down and peck it to pieces. My respect for many folks just dropped several notches.

I feel badly for Obama and his grandmother. I'm sure she would have loved nothing more than to live through this election. There is no conspiracy, there is no agenda, go spew your filthy and ludicrous comments in some other thread that doesn't trample on human life because you think you are exceptionally clever.


CX

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Whilst i don't agree with those that say, "Is this what ATS has become?" and "ATS has gone downhill", we do seem to be seeing a lot more ignorant sniping at each other than before. The insults seem to outweigh the intelligent conversation here.

As someone once said, if you have nothing nice to say....don't say anything! What a shame that can't be employed here.

I can see both sides here. My sympathy most certainly goes to the Obama family, as it would to anyone who lost a loved one. However as some have pointed out, this is a conspiracy forum. People have died in the past and conspiracy has been shouted immediately, so whilst maybe it's a bit soon and unsympathetic to be calling conspiracy on this, this is the place where you are going to hear it if anywhere.

Conspiracy subjects are going to raise some passion and heated debate at times, it's always going to happen, but i thought one of the things that set ATS aside from the other sites was that any debate was done intelligently, maturely and sometimes even politely?

I remember a while back saying i'd have no problems with my kids coming into ATS, as it is one of the most polite and respectfull sites around the net. I'd have second thoughts at the moment.

It's us members that make it that way, so i'd suggest taking five and re-reading replies before posting them, it can make a huge difference to the standard of this place. Some of the things i've read in this thread so far, to be honest it's the kind of thing i'd expect from my kids......however they are 9 and 10!


As for Obama's grandmother and her death....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

CX.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As I see it, there's no reason we can't all express our thoughts here about Obama's grandmother, her death and our reaction to it. This IS a conspiracy thread, so those people are free to have their thoughts about the timing of her death, right?

That doesn't mean everyone has to like it.

One thing I wanted to say is that I think a conspiracy angle is so strange because what McCain (or other) supporter would change their mind and vote for Obama just because his grandmother died???

If you don't like his policies, don't like him, prefer another candidate and are dreading the way the country would go if Obama becomes president, WHY ON EARTH would a death make you completely change your mind? I don't care WHO died, it wouldn't change my vote. I can't understand how anyone would let that change their vote...

Would ANYONE here change their vote because of a death (unless it was the candidate's death, of course)?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I had no idea who some of you were...

Right back atchya.

ON TOPIC -


Originally posted by blueorder
people are not going to vote against him because of the death of a loved one!


His grandmothers death won't add or subtract any votes - IMHO. It changes nothing except what Obama's schedule will be in the days after the election. He'll probably be going out to Hawaii for a funeral.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

His grandmothers death won't add or subtract any votes - IMHO. It changes nothing except what Obama's schedule will be in the days after the election. He'll probably be going out to Hawaii for a funeral.


Probably true, I mean it certainly doesnt harm anything having sympathy, if anything it just might mean the odd person, who liked him, but wasnt going to vote, makes the trip to the polling station.

Mind you, I don't think it will affect the outcome, and I am certainly not a conspiracy theorist over this


xul

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hmmmm?
A strange coincidence anyway.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Frankly, I hoped everyone who doubted her illness and Obama's sincerity would feel like dirt when she died, and said so, but I can see they don't. They're still suspicious, fearful and doubtful.



who are you to demonise people- why in the hell would I think Obama sincere, I dont know him personally and take issue with Obama the man and his record on many things(not Obama the cult speech maker). Why should i get on bended knee for a man who is pro (and in a legislative, affecting people's lives sense) partial birth abortion.


Have you ever lost a parent? A grandmother?

NO ONE asked you to "get on bended knee".

BH was simply looking for the any glimmer of humanity amongst those who act and post as you do.

You should be demonized....prove to me you aren't some vile filled poster looking for an opportunity to bash Obama in thread discussing his Grandmother dieing and I will apoligize...till then..I see you as shameless and ignorant.



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Have you ever lost a parent? A grandmother?

NO ONE asked you to "get on bended knee".

BH was simply looking for the any glimmer of humanity amongst those who act and post as you do.

You should be demonized....prove to me you aren't some vile filled poster looking for an opportunity to bash Obama in thread discussing his Grandmother dieing and I will apoligize...till then..I see you as shameless and ignorant.


try readin my first post on the thread

"Death of a loved one is always a crushing blow, and as a fellow human being I can empathise with Obama's suffering, even though I hate his politics."



posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861
 


Her passing just one day before the most important day in her grandsons life.... seals McCain and Palin's fate to loose.




top topics



 
8
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join