It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

wow reading that back yes i know why i thought that to. that entire sentence cant really be interpreted any other way so yes praps i need to retract my last post afterall,

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How incredibly sad, but i'm sure she would have been incredibly proud of Obama. May she R.I.P. Something like this shouldn't be used as part of political rhetoric, it's a private family matter.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

exactly, however its far worse than that as so many seem to think its all so suspicious in the timing, how ridiculous, cant believe how far into dark-side some people have gone already, just maybe we all need to look at the possibility that Obama may be the change this world is crying out for,& yes lets hope that his gran is at peace now that she is no longer suffering, & that she is by his side now in spirit,perhaps that's why she passed when she did as otherwise she would still be ill & suffering & maybe Obama would be distracted worrying about her, this way maybe he can feel she is free now & able to help him threw these days as she always did from the beginning,peace to her & all the family.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
If there's someone that can be compared to Hitler is Bush ya know and no matter what anyone will say about this one,i believe that the majority of a whole planet agrees.

firstly I clarified that I do not equate Obama's policies to Hitler, just the folly of indulging in a cult based on someone who makes great speeches- and Hitler could captivate an audience

Btw,there are people who are voting against Obama because he's black also,right?So,i don't think that the ones who are voting for him cause of his colour can be used on an argument (except if you'll count the opposite side too).

I damn well can, 97% of the black vote for Obama, I think you will find the white vote more evenly split between the two

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

If there's someone that can be compared to Hitler is Bush ya know and no matter what anyone will say about this one,i believe that the majority of a whole planet agrees.

firstly I clarified that I do not equate Obama's policies to Hitler, just the folly of indulging in a cult based on someone who makes great speeches- and Hitler could captivate an audience

Btw,there are people who are voting against Obama because he's black also,right?So,i don't think that the ones who are voting for him cause of his colour can be used on an argument (except if you'll count the opposite side too).

I damn well can, 97% of the black vote for Obama, I think you will find the white vote more evenly split between the two

That does not mean 97% is only voting for him based on color. Or are you saying that not one black person cares or is smart enough to vote based on issues?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley
That does not mean 97% is only voting for him based on color. Or are you saying that not one black person cares or is smart enough to vote based on issues?

No, I am saying that is proof blacks are voting overwhelmingly based on colour

Here is an example of a black woman smart enough to know the issues- could you link me to Obama's policy for blacks not to pay mortgages?

www.youtube.com...

Im sure some blacks are fully briefed on Obama's liberal left voting stance in his short political career (he toes the Democratic party line like a good little soldier, and certainly did not rock the boat in Chicago.......)

But yeah, in my opinion most blacks, in this election, have voted for him purely on skin colour

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
check this, in a nutshell

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Comparing Obama to Hitler because of his ability to deliver a captivating speech is a bit ridiculous don't you think? So I guess all the other presidents like John F Kennedy who can also deliver a good speech remind you of Hitler as well? You sir have FAILED.

I guess I'm reminded of Hitler when I hear of genocides rather than a good speech, I guess it really highlights your character to have linked them for this reason.

Yes there are people who are voting for Obama because he is black and there will be people voting for McCain because he is white. However, DO NOT, belittle black people by saying that this is the ONLY reason they have selected Obama. I think you will find the majority voted for other reasons, i.e. Economy according to poll data.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by IceColdPro]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

I for one renege this silly comment, it was a kneejerk reaction-further research has me believe that it is ludicrous.
Sorry

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceColdPro
Comparing Obama to Hitler because of his ability to deliver a captivating speech is a bit ridiculous don't you think? So I guess all the other presidents like John F Kennedy who can also deliver a good speech remind you of Hitler as well? You sir have FAILED.

Incorrect SIR, Hitler was mesmerising in speeches, but it would have been STUPID to support him on his oration, same way as it is absoloutely crazy to indulge in the cult of Obama because he is good at speeches (or because he is black). I had already clarified I do not equate their policies

I guess I'm reminded of Hitler when I hear of genocides rather than a good speech, I guess it really highlights your character to have linked them for this reason.

You SIR cannot see the point being made, if you wish to call into question character so be it, you do not know me

Yes there are people who are voting for Obama because he is black and there will be people voting for McCain because he is white. However, DO NOT, belittle black people by saying that this is the ONLY reason they have selected Obama. I think you will find the majority voted for other reasons, i.e. Economy according to poll data.

You need to actually read what I said SIR, I never said it was the ONLY reason, but the MAIN reason, whites have beef about the economy too, yet there was only a slight majority for McCain amongst whites- the facts dont lie 97% SHOWS HOW BLACKS VOTE IN A RACIALLY CONCIOUS MANNER, MORESO THAN WHITES- it says a lot about your character that you cannot absorb this fact and try to deflect from it

[edit on 5-11-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You need to actually read what I said SIR, I never said it was the ONLY reason, but the MAIN reason, whites have beef about the economy too, yet there was only a slight majority for McCain amongst whites- the facts dont lie 97% SHOWS HOW BLACKS VOTE IN A RACIALLY CONCIOUS MANNER, MORESO THAN WHITES- it says a lot about your character that you cannot absorb this fact and try to deflect from it

It isn't the MAIN reason at all! As a black person this isn't the reason I voted for Obama. If you look at Bill Clinton's past campaign, he had most of the african american vote also! I disagree with you and I find your comments quite offensive and i refuse to let you just belittle my people like that!

You SIR cannot see the point being made, if you wish to call into question character so be it, you do not know me

I may not know you, but I see the subtleness of the message you are trying to convey. I'm absolutely sick of the scaremongering I am seeing on this and many other similar threads.

Incorrect SIR, Hitler was mesmerising in speeches, but it would have been STUPID to support him on his oration, same way as it is absoloutely crazy to indulge in the cult of Obama because he is good at speeches (or because he is black). I had already clarified I do not equate their policies

What exactly is the comparison? You are saying that Hitler made "mesmerising speeches", but then you are saying that it would be "crazy to indulge in the cult of Obama because he is good at speeches", what is the point that you are making? If you don't like his policies then fair enough, why make a comparison with Hitler (A man who was responsible for the death of millions)?

You said this in an earlier thread: "firstly I clarified that I do not equate Obama's policies to Hitler, just the folly of indulging in a cult based on someone who makes great speeches- and Hitler could captivate an audience"

Obama isn't a cult leader and you can make bogus statements like that to your hearts content, I suppose you have to find some way to make yourself feel better about the result today.

You may not agree with Obama's policies or content of his speeches, but I do, it isn't how Obama says what he needs to it's the CONTENT of what he says which I find appealing. I am not mesmerized by Obama at all, I think he knows what needs to be done and is very forward thinking. He was the most intelligent candidate and had the most effective campaign.

The people have made their democratic decisions, accept the outcome and move on!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Karma any one? Obama loses a woman he cared for deeply. He suffers a great loss. But the next day he achieves his greatest victory. Karma can help, Karma can hurt.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If a person who is drastically ill can hold on a bit longer to witness a joyful event, maybe anticipation of an awful event can hasten death. Maybe she knew something of her beloved grandson that made her dread his ascent to the White House. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It does seem convenient that his grandmother dies on the night of the election and she has made the claim of being in the delivery room in Kenya in 1961 for his birth. Below is the link

This seems fishy to me.

How about my fellow AST members.

Statement arises

[edit on 5-11-2008 by sqid4life]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life
It does seem convenient that his grandmother dies on the night of the election and she has made the claim of being in the delivery room in Kenya in 1961 for his birth. Below is the link

This seems fishy to me.

Statement arises

Wrong grandmother. The one that people are claiming proves he was born in Kenya is still alive the last I heard. His American grandmother passed away.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life

This seems fishy to me.

Statement arises

Know what amazes me? What seems suspicious, curious, a little far fetched? That people would join a site like this, where people come to learn, discuss, and come to real logical results....and yet have so much trouble reading, understanding, or thinking for even a second.

Not only has this been covered in this thread already but lets just think.

1 grandma in Kenya
1 grandma in Hawaii

Grandma proves he was born in kenya because she was there at the hospital when it happened right?

Hmmmmm...which grandma would most likely be claiming she was at a Kenyan hospital when he was born? The one that lives in Hawaii or the one that lives in Kenya. Does anyone even think anymore or just get on the internet and write the very very simple things that float in and out of their heads?

P.S. your link is to an advertisement and nothing about Obama, his grandmother, or anything else.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Iblis Smiley]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sqid4life

WRONG GRANDMOTHER! Get over it its not true.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The same Obama who sometimes derided her as a racist and other times lionised her as a saint in his campaign trail- who again used her as a political football!?!?!?!?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join