It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

If she was "old and dying already" as you say, how far fetched would it be for her last act on earth to be arranged to help Barrack as she always did.
That would take nothing away from the woman but "what did he know and when did he know it?" to quote an often used famous question.
ObamaGate, you just know there is going to be one.
And please remember this is a conspiracy site, that is the spirit of this post.

DENY IGNORANCE - the spirit of the SITE!

How exactly would this go down and stay quiet?

I got the conspiracy part. Fine, now bring the ignorance defying stuff. Do you think she just died and one person went in swept her into a hole and made a phone call?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I remember when my grandfather died. He was bed-ridden at Christmas, his last Christmas. Our very large family gathered together and, a few at a time, went in over the course of the day and night to see him, share a few laughs and love, make our peace as he made his and say our good byes.
At his funeral a couple of weeks later, I realized that it made all the difference in the world, because we were able to get beyond the grieving easier and more able to share his amazing life in stories.

Obama and his family, I would think, are going through something similar. Barack is a smart guy. I am pretty sure he knew that his last visit would, in fact, be his last visit.

My thoughts go out to him. Win or lose, I am pretty sure there will be a very nice funeral ceremony later this week once the current madness of his political career settles a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafPosttrib
I need this to be clarify. Ok. My question is, not long ago. Obama's gardmother said that he was not born in Hawaii, he was born in Kenya. Is his grandmother - mother's mother? The same person who said on Obama - got passed away. Because I read another forum, person saying that, that is not the same person. He says, that was from Obama's father's mother IN Kenya. His grandmother(his mother's mom) lives in Hawaii. So, telling me which one who told that Obama was not born in Hawaii? Thanks.

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Sigh. This is why people need to pay attention.

Here is the rumor....

Grandma knows he was born in Kenya because she was at the hospital when he was born.

Let's think......

Would that most likely be the grandmother that lives in Hawaii?

or

Would that most likely be the grandmother that lives in Kenya?

I will give you some time to really work on this since looking it up yourself seems to be an issue.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

Two things:

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

There is no reason why this topic cannot be discussed in a civilized manner.

Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

The topic of this thread:
Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Someone should look into Nostradamic Prophecies or other ancient prediction manuscripts. I don't really know why I thought of this, I'm not really that well versed in Nostradmus or alot of the other stuff although I am familiar with alot. I just heard his grandmother died and after a while for some reason it made me think maybe it was written in a book somewhere that it would happen. I dunno, it'd be interesting to see. I am a supporter of Obama btw. I dunno someone should look it up...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just read a major story here on ATS which describes that an honest
to goodness cure for Cancer was found several years ago and is
readily available. If this is true, then why didn't someone in the know
alert Senator Obama to this cure? I thought powerful people had
access to information that ordinary people aren't privvy to.

There's almost an overload of information here in AboveTopSecret,
but like the Bible, if you search hard enough, you'll find an answer
to almost any of life's issues buried within.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I hope the election results are a clear cut decision so that Obama and his family can take the time to mourn their loss, and not have to worry about recounts, court cases, etc. I hope Obama and his family can quickly come to peaceful terms with their loss.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

You think someone is gunna vote for Obama just because his Grandma died?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I want to pay deep respect and condolences to the Obama family for their loss....

I hope that Mr.Obama will be choosen as president tonight and it must have been God's will to show That Sadness & Happiness are existing together and that there is strength to be found in it.....what better timing and tribute it would be to take, and Obama into the History books along with his Grandmother....

It;s sad, but somehow VERY powerfull....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Anyone thinking this dear lady's death will be an advantage to Obama has not looked at the voting demographics.

Remember the divide Republicans keep pointing out between the "lily-livered, bleeding-heart" Liberals and the "tough, no-nonsense" Republicans?

Well the "lily-livered, bleeding-heart" Liberals are already barracking for Barack. As are many Republicans.
The "tough, no-nonsense" Republicans who are not voting for Barack are hardly going to be swayed by this. Hell, they'll be doing the "one down" thing and working out how to twist this to their advantage.

This thread in ample proof of that.

Obviously there is a link between empathy and intelligence.

[edit on 4/11/08 by Kailassa]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'd just like to add that my thoughts are with him and his family, on the conspiracy side of it I've just watched an episode of Have I got news for you, a tv show here in the UK that takes a satiracal look at the weekly news. on last weeks episode when discussing the election they touched on Obama's grandmother being ill, paul merton one of the panalists asked the question what do you think would happen if she happened to die the day before the election? interesting, is paul merton the new nostradmus? i wont go into the jokes related to the question as it seems a tad insensitive now. anyway i wish the man all the best at this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I didn't realize she had cancer. I thought she had fallen and broken a hip.
Wasn't the fear a few weeks back that she'd get pneumonia from being bedridden from the fall?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
I'd just like to add that my thoughts are with him and his family, on the conspiracy side of it I've just watched an episode of Have I got news for you, a tv show here in the UK that takes a satiracal look at the weekly news. on last weeks episode when discussing the election they touched on Obama's grandmother being ill, paul merton one of the panalists asked the question what do you think would happen if she happened to die the day before the election? interesting, is paul merton the new nostradmus? i wont go into the jokes related to the question as it seems a tad insensitive now. anyway i wish the man all the best at this time.

Well....what did they come up with? What is it that ANYONE thinks he has to gain from this aside from a dead grandmother? Seriously, is there one bit of data to back up this sympathy vote or that anyone would even propose it.

I think it was already said rather well that anyone this would sway, is already voting Obama, anyone this would turn away, is already supporting McCain.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
i never mentioned anything about any sympathy vote, i actually don't believe she was killed. if you read the post i said it was a satiracal show so the answers to his question were all jokes. what i was hinting at in a toung in cheak fashion was that this comedian predicted it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861

This just seems to be timed just right to get some sympathy votes. I know it seems harsh to say but there has been evidence to show that people who are deathly ill do not die before a big event such as a birthday and anniversary. Having your grandson become President would be huge.

Your thoughts?

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

My thoughts? Do you really want them? Because if you do then you are in for some serious flaming. Why? Because this is the biggest bunch of BS (BULLSH..poop) that I have ever heard. Or, if it is absolutely true, then I would have loved for someone to tell my mother this. She was ill at the age of 47 and died 2 days before a very significant event for her family. Her FAMILY was all that she truly cared about so you tell me if she should have lived to see it?

*SNIP* And yes, very INSENSITIVE. You are just scared because everything is starting to show that Obama will most likely win this thing in a complete landslide. It'll be so bad they'll probably declare before dinner is up on the east coast.

Again, just so you don't think I am an Obama man. I am NOT voting for him. I just think that this is pretty low even for a republican (and I'm making that leap only because of this post).

Sympathy vote my butt. It will make NO difference. People will say they were undecided but I can guarantee you that most of them are decided but didn't want to say in public that they were voting for Obama.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I didn't realize she had cancer. I thought she had fallen and broken a hip.
Wasn't the fear a few weeks back that she'd get pneumonia from being bedridden from the fall?

No, she was sick from cancer. Anything else you may have heard was speculation and rumor.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
She had probably bone cancer which often affects the hips (she had both hips replaced not that long ago). She also could have had ovarian cancer ... the fact that Obama's mother got it at such a young age (early 50s) indicates a family history of ovarian cancer.

The grandmother that said he was born in British Kenya (Kenya was a British colony until 1964 - 3 years after Obama's birth) is his PATERNAL grandmother, the one that died yesterday was his MATERNAL grandmother.

As much as a I hate Obama and everything he stands for he and his family do have my sympathies. I know what its like to lose a grandparent (I lost my grandma on my dads side died of ovarian cancer and my grandpa on my dads side of oral cancer) to cancer and its not easy, its probably one of the most depressing things to see.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
lol

Wow, timed for the sympathy votes, for real?

Some people say the craziest things on this forum.

May she rest in peace.

Edited for my own stupid content.....

[edit on 4-11-2008 by mf_luder]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
lol

Wow, timed for the sympathy votes, for real?

I'll agree - convenient..... really convenient, but I seriously doubt this was "timed."

May she rest in peace.

Can someone please explain to me how this is even "convenient?" Seriously, people are saying the most thoughtless ignorant crap over this. What is convenient about it? What is anyone gaining from this aside from ATS?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
but there has been evidence to show that people who are deathly ill do not die before a big event such as a birthday and anniversary. Having your grandson become President would be huge.

Your thoughts?

That is not true, and I got prof of it, in my family for some reason we have deaths in the family during the Christmas holidays all the time, from accidental deaths to just deaths from old age.

My deepest respect for the Obama family for their lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join