It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman denies Halloween candy to Obama supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Halloween is for kids not parents don't bring politics to kids who don't need it yet it's pretty sad that someone would stoop this low over a political race.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
awww those poor children. what a mean woman. regardless of her political views, thats just so mean to do that to children who only want some damn candy!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ah, the wonderfully patriotic and christian American Right. Punishing innocent children of other Americans for practicing the right of being American.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If I was one of those trick or treaters, I would have kicked the woman in the kneecap.

She deserves to learn a lesson on how not to be a psycho american bitch.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I have to admit that the thought of not giving candy to Obama supporters crossed my mind more than once. I never thought of putting out a sign stating such a thing but I did think about asking the trick-or-treaters who they supported.

Jemison

Seriously? You thought about questioning children on whom they support before giving them candy? Were you ever a kid?

First of all, you should know that children can NOT vote. This pretty much means that everyone under 18 supports no one bceause like I said, they cannot vote. I guess you could ask every 5 year old dressed up like batman if they have passed out flyers, manned phones, or donated money. I mean, if that is the type of good American citizen you truly are.

You also might want to remember, kids do not spend all that much time reading papers and watching news or presidential debates. So again, any 'support' a kid might have is really going to be little more than whatever influence their parents decided to weild over them.

That brings me back to my first point. KIDS CAN NOT VOTE. I thought the lady in the OP was the stupidest thing I had ever heard until I kept reading.

What does this accomplish? Who does this punish/reward or hamper/help?

Other than being a prick to children for no reason, I am having a hard time seeing what good this does to or for anyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley

Originally posted by Jemison
I have to admit that the thought of not giving candy to Obama supporters crossed my mind more than once. I never thought of putting out a sign stating such a thing but I did think about asking the trick-or-treaters who they supported.

Jemison

Seriously? You thought about questioning children on whom they support before giving them candy? Were you ever a kid?

First of all, you should know that children can NOT vote. This pretty much means that everyone under 18 supports no one bceause like I said, they cannot vote. I guess you could ask every 5 year old dressed up like batman if they have passed out flyers, manned phones, or donated money. I mean, if that is the type of good American citizen you truly are.

You also might want to remember, kids do not spend all that much time reading papers and watching news or presidential debates. So again, any 'support' a kid might have is really going to be little more than whatever influence their parents decided to weild over them.

That brings me back to my first point. KIDS CAN NOT VOTE. I thought the lady in the OP was the stupidest thing I had ever heard until I kept reading.

What does this accomplish? Who does this punish/reward or hamper/help?

Other than being a prick to children for no reason, I am having a hard time seeing what good this does to or for anyone.

Hah wow. Politics are the LAST thing on a childs mind. they are more concerned about candy, the little mermaid, and candy.

are you kidding me? I cant believe that person said that. how foolish. they must of had a bad childhood.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One, the woman is weird, but it is her right to do that. More importantly, how exactly is this news?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Oh no, I totally remember being 5 and I would not take candy until they told me how they felt about Reagan's tax plan. Aside from the Flintstones and Scooby Doo, that was all I thought about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join