It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman denies Halloween candy to Obama supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Woman denies Halloween candy to Obama supporters

www.freep.com

A Grosse Pointe Farms woman has doled out political tricks by refusing Halloween treats to children whose parents support Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
Advertisement

Shirley Nagel passed out candy Friday — but only to those who shared her support for Republican presidential candidate John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Not sure what this woman thinks denying candy to kids is going to accomplish. Totally ridiculous in my opinion. Little kids have no understanding of what this means, and why should kids be punished for their parents decisions?

The sign in her yard said:
"No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

I tell ya, you see something new everyday and half of what I see I can't believe. I think this woman is making an idiot of herself and I'd bet both McCain and Obama supporters have the same opinion.

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is just ridiculous,scary indeed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Oops...I see there is another thread already started about this same article.

My apologies.

Can a mod remove this please?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Okay, that's just a little bit dumb.
I mean seriously, what does this lady think she's going to accomplish? Actually, I think there's a word for that...DESCRIMINATION, and I do believe that quite possibly could be illegal.

Aside from that, what do the poor children think? How is that fair to them? They're not the ones who vote. Somewhere in here I smell Obama Propeganda, but I could be wrong, and am willing to accept that. Still, quite a story regardless.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think some uneducated or just mentally unstable people give us a real"shock" when they are so cold and heartless. Some others are substance abusers or have a drinking problem. "it takes all kinds," as my grandma used to say. I am sorry the kids missed out. I bet she never has to worry about them coming to her door next year!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oh this is so childish

it's getting ridiculous

Most of this rubbish posing as 'news' is complete fabrication anyway

How easy is it for an Obama supporter to make claims like this ?

Easy peasy

And what sort of media do the US public support, when this sort of garbage is considered 'newsworthy' ?

To the outside observer, it makes the US sound like a gigantic kindergarten, filled with big, ugly, stupid, immature kids.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You are correct Dock, and quite honestly, you should know there are quite a few of the childish and immature type in the US, it's not just a fabrication. It's really quite sad, and it's those very same people that tend to get the rest of us into trouble.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Some nice people should stomp a big old mud hole in the rear end of that mean, soulless, anti American persons, knickers...... And repeat as necessary.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wish I could say that this is surprising, but, it sadly is not. I guarantee you would NEVER see a liberal do the same thing. Some people on the right sure can be childish at times. Pathetic really.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Give her a break. It's her candies and she can give it to whoever she wants to. Why is this even news? Looks to me like the media is just trying to give a bad name to McCain's supporters.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth07
Looks to me like the media is just trying to give a bad name to McCain's supporters.

McCain supporters are doing this quite effectively on their own. Have you seen some of the videos from recent McCain/Palin rallies? Not to mention the whole Ashley Todd indecent.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
The sign in her yard said:
"No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

In my day, that would have meant one word: Trick. No treat = trick. That's the deal.

Anyone putting up a sign like that deserves to have her house egged back to the stone age, every shrub TPed, and every window soaped. Nothing political there, just on general principals. *harumph* kids today...

On the political side: The rest of the world is watching this one and wincing at every move both sides make. This has not been pretty. Hopefully the choice that's made is a clear majority, the other side - whichever that is - can accept it and move on. Seriously guys, good luck on the 4th.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It doesnt accomplish anything but it sure is funny.
I started out in this election just hating Mcsame, but now well
I just hate both of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Whatever happened to the "You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that." Aaaaaah yes, now I remember, there's very little respect left these day?
On the bright side though, with supporters like this ....McCain and Palin don't need enemies.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My daughter trick or treated dressed as Sarah Palin and did well at homes of either supporters, even had her picture taken at a few houses. Was well received and fun. My daughter is old enough to vote btw

The woman had her right to give out candy to who she wanted, but as others have said, what do the kids care. I think it was silly on her part but to each their own.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey think about it,maybe she was an Obama supporter and was giving out candy from China with melamine in it,pretty tricky huh

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It was a bit tasteless of the woman to do this, but its equally tasteless for the media to run a story about it.

Its still a free country isn't it? Let this woman do whatever she wants.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

You know there are tons of videos of Obama supporters doing and saying crazy things. Just because the media and ATS ignore them, doesn't mean they don't exist. You are the perfect example of what a propaganda, left wing media does to people.

Also, this is yet ANOTHER example of the media going after private citizens who dissent against Obama. I'm sure the Obama supporters here have more excuses as to why its no big deal.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Now that's just mean spirited and hateful punishing the kids for their parents political leanings.

I want her address I am sending her a lump of coal for Christmas.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join