It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman denies Halloween candy to Obama supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Because the sign is very controversial, and this custom is for children, and shouldn't involve the adult political arena at all, this woman obviously expected and even was welcoming media attention. She obviously was looking for a little attention.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have to admit that the thought of not giving candy to Obama supporters crossed my mind more than once. I never thought of putting out a sign stating such a thing but I did think about asking the trick-or-treaters who they supported.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It seems mean spirited, but it is her candy after all, so I guess she can give it to whomever she chooses. I can't believe someone would actually suggest this is illegal and discrimination. That is exactly a big part of what is wrong with our society! People should just say to their kids, "That is a very mean small-minded lady" and use it as an example of how NOT to act, rather than get worked up about it and cry discrimination. It's ridiculous..but in the end, the lady bought the candy and can give it out to whoever she sees fit.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Now that's just mean spirited and hateful punishing the kids for their parents political leanings.

I want her address I am sending her a lump of coal for Christmas.

Sending a fossil fuel to a Republican? You do know that'll just make her very happy right...!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is really sad, those poor kids. She gets a thumb-down from me, happy belated Halloween you fricking monster. I hope she understands how unwanted she is in this world.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's a pity anyone is giving candy to kids this year.
Hundreds of tons of contaminated milk powder have been imported from China to use in food processing, and the products are then labeled Made in American.

Much of this milk from China has gone into American candies.
The FDA made a conscious decision not to test food coming in from China except when there hand is forced.
There is no way to get melamine out of the system.

Record numbers of American children have come down with kidney stones, (a symptom of melamine poisoning,) this year, and it's being attributed to salt, as if kids this year are suddenly eating a whole lot more salt than that ever ate before.

This bigoted woman is not doing the "Republican" kids any favours.

Btw, America always had a great tradition of home-made candies.
Perhaps it's a good time to pull out granny's recipe books.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is a big ol steaming pile, since when does HALLOWEEN have anything to do with the election and politics and why persecute KIDS or what their parents support???

Screw all politicians and the people that support them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NASTY LAWLESS

This is a big ol steaming pile, since when does HALLOWEEN have anything to do with the election and politics and why persecute KIDS or what their parents support???

Halloween doesn't have anything to do with the elections but if you have children you probably know that this election is a HUGE topic in the classroom and on the playground.

My daughters are 10, 9, 7 and 7 and every day they come home with tons of political stories that they heard at school, asking me if what they are hearing is true or not ... also, when we are driving around they point out the McCain signs and the Obama signs.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold

Totally ridiculous in my opinion. Little kids have no understanding of what this means, and why should kids be punished for their parents decisions?

This is a sad reality but ironicallyis tha same as saying, since I don't won't or have ever voted for any of these corrupt criminals, why should I and my children suffer from the laws they pass that affect us.

I honestly agree that it's ridiculous but this unfortunately is also the demeanor and mentality of the officials elected.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

This is the exact type of dunderhead who will keep infecting generations of humans with this absolutely unaceptable behavior. I want to really let out on this one, but suffice it to say that she is clearly mentally unstable. Any person who condones this sort of behavior has no human decency. SHAME!!!

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Your point that politicians are below contempt is agreeable. However, this woman went beyond the lines of common decency and behavior. She is an idiot. If you think it's ok for what she did because politicians are corrupt, I'd ask you to rethink your position.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No, trust me, with or without a "liberal media", I would be voting for Obama. I am an ardent liberal at heart, I wear that badge proudly. I used to however, from time to time, vote for a worthy conservative. That being said, I will never, never, make that mistake again. You my friend, have the Bush administration to thank for that. I guess you could say, it is the one thing that I am thankful of the Bush administration for, they showed me how much I am disgusted by the right wing mentality and how much I wish to be disassociated with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think it's a good metaphor for much of "her side's" outlook towards the ideas of democracy and pluralism, and she has done us a service by demonstrating such with such churlish behavior.

Loathsome, but par for the course this election cycle...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Oh this is so childish

To the outside observer, it makes the US sound like a gigantic kindergarten, filled with big, ugly, stupid, immature kids.

Exactly the point being though...This sort of "childishness" is NEVER acted out BY children,ONLY adults...So...i dunno if we really need to give "children" a bad name in this case...Playing on swings is CHILDISH,NOT giving candy out on helloween to a singled out group...Thats just IGNORANT AS #!!!...LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Revealation

Your point that politicians are below contempt is agreeable. However, this woman went beyond the lines of common decency and behavior. She is an idiot. If you think it's ok for what she did because politicians are corrupt, I'd ask you to rethink your position.

ColoradoJens

No need rethink it because I agree with you %100. Reread my post brother, and you'll see. I was just using the politicians as an analogy. We are adults and should be teaching our children that we're better than that. So, again I couldn't egree more.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I hope her house got egged.

Some good old fashion halloween justice is what she should get.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whoever was going to send her that coal, you may want to rethink that with the news that came out today about taxing coal plants, that stuff could soon be very valuable.

This woman is no better than the people hanging Palin or Obama effigies last week. They have to know its not going to sway people to their side, just looking for their 15 minutes of fame, and the media plays right into it.

Oh, so am I.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Now that's just mean spirited and hateful punishing the kids for their parents political leanings.

I want her address I am sending her a lump of coal for Christmas.

It's also "just mean spirited and hateful" for the parents to use their kids halloween "holiday" to push their own political agenda out to other kids and adults who probably just wanted to enjoy the festivities as a way of taking a break from all the political BS they've been subjected to.

If I'd have seen that, I'd have told the kids to send their parents over to pick up their candy so I could tell them the exact same thing.

And if obama does win, coal will become way too expensive a commodity to be handing out as Christmas gifts.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
who cares, does it matter what one idiot does? Your energy is needed elsewhere, like the bankers and congress robbing you blind!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

People, it's "trick" or "treat", if you support Obama near this ladies house then you know which one your getting.

This is probably just a cruel woman in general, and she deserves to get her house egged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join