It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver report of UFO near Empire, OH

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hoveringobject

To be honest, the fine folks that call themselves the "UFO Hunters" need not be involved to legitimize this.

i completely agree with you that we don't need them to legitimize this for us.

i only mentioned the UFO Hunters because i was amazed that this case is not receiving more attention from the Media and others.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
oops double post sorry

might as well insert this so it's not a waste

[edit on 18-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Someone should email UFO Hunters and get them "crackin" on this one...while fresh. I can see the scientist guy in a semi trying to take a photo now.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

i have emailed Bill Birnes in the past about some other intrests so maybe i will try again. not sure how fast they would get crackin on this and if they would change their scheduled line up. who knows but worth a try i guess.

but yea it would be funny to see the scientist guy trying to reproduce the trucker scene

[edit on 18-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

im confident in saying that Linda simply corroborates what is on her eartfiles.com page along with coast to coast. of course if you subsribe you can see the interviews before she brings them up on the show.. which in my opinion are way more detailed cause she simply transcribes them.

the rocking motion of the cacoon as i guess ill call it, is simply amazing.

this case is just so fresh and unbelievable im sort of at a loss for what to even say or think of next. i feel as if im just waiting to wake up and see the latest eyewitness testemony or possibly more celly pics. what are the 'heartland' people who are AWARE of this phenomenon THINKING!!

oh, wait, there was a third witness who was the security gaurds at one of the power plans, i appologize if this was already mentioned, but she provided drawings of the cacoon as well. im aware of three witnesses.. and this third security gaurd lady has seen multiple ufos over the last few years while at this very location.

[edit on 12/18/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, "Why there?"

Has anyone tried to plot these kind of sightings on a map? Is there any logic to their locations?

I would suspect Wright Patterson AFB, but it is a bit far away for that. But Wright Pat is where objects go to get studied...

Wonder if we found a new toy?

[edit on 12/18/2008 by JoeBarna]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
here is a blog write up about this incident and there are some interesting things mentioned about previous sightings in that area and in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind the police chase scenes of the UFO's was based off this same area in Ohio. strange.

An earlier northeast Ohio UFO case gained public attention in the movies. It has been reported that the police chase of UFOs in the 1977 movie CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND was based on an incident on April 17, 1966, in Portage County. In this pursuit, officers from various police agencies followed a UFO into Pennsylvania

www.americanchronicle.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I've ran these through different images programs. And you can make out that it is a triangle craft with a few tin fold crumpled service.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
why is no one posting or commenting on this?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

good question,

this is certainly one of the best UFO cases i have ever seen and the lack of responses in this thread is strange. what's even stranger though is there are no skeptics trying to debunk this case. i wonder why ? hmmm...

nice enhancements you did with the photos but i have to ask what you meant by this statement ?.....

a few tin fold crumpled service.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
To me this is one of the best cases of 08. I am not sure why there is not that much interest. I still think there are some additional anonymous posts that have not been added..maybe they have something to add.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

good question,

this is certainly one of the best UFO cases i have ever seen and the lack of responses in this thread is strange. what's even stranger though is there are no skeptics trying to debunk this case. i wonder why ? hmmm...

nice enhancements you did with the photos but i have to ask what you meant by this statement ?.....

a few tin fold crumpled service.

Oh I meant. You can clearly see on the bottom of this craft seems like it's either been rammed into a lot of things that caused a lot of dents or it's a crumpled fin foil like surface.

I'm not 100% sure.

But it's VERY strange I mean VERY strange no one has tried to tell us different and NOT MANY people have replied to this. Which is completely strange.

Like all the "FAKE" posts get a million hits but the could be "REAL" posts get maybe 30 to 50 hits?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You can clearly see on the bottom of this craft seems like it's either been rammed into a lot of things that caused a lot of dents or it's a crumpled fin foil like surface.

i suppose that is possible but my take on it is ..... what you think are dents are actually a trail of something that has burnt and fallen off the orange 'cocoon' looking light or it's somekind of connector between the light and the orbs ? no way of knowing for sure either way.

i have studied the photos and i don't see any structure to the triangle other than the three orb/sphere lights. doesn't mean there is no structure, i just don't see any.

Like all the "FAKE" posts get a million hits but the could be "REAL" posts get maybe 30 to 50 hits?

seems that way sometimes don't it ?

[edit on 26-12-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 26-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm getting really mad with the lack of replies to this post.

I want someone to debunk this!

Since all the "fake BS posts made by some 13 year old gets more hits and debunked"

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I remember watching UFO Hunters about the Phoenix lights sightings. As you may recall, there were two different sightings. One was the multiple lights and another was several people witnessing a massive triangle flying overhead.

I only bring this up because one lady described the surface as "shimmering" or rippling. The enhancements you did to the photo remind me of this. They don't appear as dents as maybe the surface is rippling.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
very interesting. this is the first i have heard of this case and i hope more people come forward

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hey BP,
Thought I would drop on to see if there was anything posted about a sighting that had taken place Jan. 3rd '09, and there wasn't, so here it is:

Case Number: 14714
Log Number: US-01032009-0006
Submitted Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 13:48:29 UTC
Event Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:00:00 UTC
Region: Indiana
Longitude: -86.44429779052734
Latitude: 41.36119842529297
Shape: Chevron,Oval
Distance: Unknown
Description:
I had a sighting this morning, from (my spot) the corner of the front yard. I was taking Lucy out for morning constitutional, and we were in the area where that little walnut tree stands in the pasture just north of our property and I looked at the sky (like every morning.) Weather conditions: 24� (-4� C), wind E 10MPH Barometer 30.04, Dewpoint 16� (-9�C), Wind Chill 15� (-9�C) VISIBILITY 10.0 MILES The object stayed in one place, ENE of my EXACT position where I was standing (Latitude 40.44397 Longitude -86.06995). I saw it for 4-5 minutes, starting at 7AM EDT. It never moved. It appeared to be a large, bright orange light, with a CHEVRON of orange light just above it. The CHEVRON gave off a pulsing characteristic, as the rays in the Chevron varied in length away from the peak. It was BY FAR the LARGEST AND BRIGHTEST object in the sky. I kept looking for aircraft lights, blinking, or for the object to turn which would indicate normal aircraft. That didn't happen. No additional lighting. The light remained orange, below, and the chevron rays above it. This was different than scintillation effect of celestial objects! This was at least a half hour before any dawn light rose on the eastern horizon. The sky was still completely black. The (crescent waning moon had set long ago), so there was no celestial light pollution/distortion. The object simply disappeared in the same spot. It never grew in size or shrank in size, indicating it never came closer or moved away from my position the entire time I viewed it. No sound. I would put the object in the vicinity of Kempton from the place I viewed it. It was the size and light magnitude of Jupiter (last night) at the brightest point when the moon was up (EXTREMELY BRIGHT LAST NIGHT). I woke my wife at 7:25 AM this morning. She had driven to her friends in Sharpesville last night and returned home after I already gone to bed. I immediately told her what I saw and gave her the description of what I saw. She said she saw the EXACT same thing hovering in the western sky, slightly south of Kokomo at 8:57PM. (She didn't tell me last night because I was asleep when she returned home.) Thick clouds have moved in (7:45AM) as I write this except for a clear ridge alondg the ENE horizon. The clearing is about 20� above the horizon (NOW), but the sky was completely clear and stars were plainly visible in every direction when I saw the object.

FYI,
Just click on the "UFO Icon" of the respected area, this particular sighting is represented as a "Saucer" shaped icon on the map.

www.ufostalker.com...

Though this sighting was in IN. it does bare the tell tale sign's of the initial truck drivers reports and photos. It also seems as if the reported sighters wife had had the same experience a number of hours before in the area of Kokomo...."Strange world, Huh?"

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yes, I have a thread started this morn on that and a second post from MUFON website. Type in Kokomo in the search and it will turn up.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Another sighting in Dec in Empire area
www.nuforc.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sounds like Ohio is seeing action again.

Case Number: 14871 Log Number: US-01102009-0015 Submitted Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:18:36 GMT Event Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 07:05:00 GMT Status: Submitted City: Middletown Region: Ohio Country: US Longitude: -84.42030334472656 Latitude: 39.50040054321289 Shape: Triangle Distance: Unknown Location: City Terrain: Fields Visibility: Partly Cloudy Weather: Fog,Light Description: At 2am I went to let my dogs out, and saw/heard nothing unusual. I returned to my upstairs bedroom on the front side of our house, and resumed watching television. I had my bedside window opened approximately 6", though my shades covered the gap. At 2:05 exactly, my (almost 15 year old) daughter and her friend were in a nearby bedroom talking. Her bedroom faces the rear of our home. There are no shades or blinds on her windows. The girls remarked that there must be a storm coming, as there were flashes visible in the upper edges of the windows, and appeared to emanate from the clouds/fog over the house. They then realized that the flashes were stationary and occurred in fixed intervals. As the girls looked more closely out the window, they were looking upward. They noticed that a large dark shape was moving over our 2 story home toward our backyard (west to east). The dark shape then dipped downward as it moved over the crest of our home toward our backyard (eastward), and was visible below the cloud/fog level, approximately 30 feet off the ground. As it moved slowly away, it became clear that it was triangular in shape, and had 3 lights along the back, flashing blue, red and green in varying patterns. The object emitted a low, pulsing hum noise that was audible from the girl's window. There were no loud or airplane/jet noises, or I would have heard them with my window open. I can only surmise that between my tv and my husband's snoring, I was unable to hear the very low noise. Behind our home is an open field that is used for farming. It is a large, open area with the nearest houses about 1/4 a mile away (guessing - not an absolute distance). There is an old barn within ~200 feet of our home that sits in the southwest corner of the open field. As the object moved away from our property, it reached the area of the barn and hovered briefly. It then slowly moved away toward the northeast, and suddenly disappeared. It appeared to the girls that the object was approximately the width of 2 houses in size. At 2:08am, near the far east edge of the field, 2 similar objects suddenly "winked on" and moved around one another for a brief period. They appeared to be the same types of objects as the one that moved over our home. Just as suddenly as they appeared, they seemed to "wink off" and disappear. At 2:10am, a new set of flashes were visible over the house, and they were similar in nature to the first set. As the girls watched, a much larger, and louder (humming) object moved over the crest of our home, following the same path that the first one did. This one appeared identical in every way, with the exception that it was so large that as it dipped over our home, the edges were not immediately visible. It had to move beyond the barn for the entire object to be seen. It was easily double or more the size of the first object. As it moved west to east, it slowed over the field, and then slowly seemed to rotate over a fixed area, and remained there for approximately 3-5 minutes. It was possible to see strobing lights on all 3 corners of the object, but the 3 lights in color were only visible on the �back� edge of the object. As the object sat in place, the 2 objects that had been sighted at 2:08 suddenly lit back up and began to move around, as if in response to the larger object close to our home. This continued for the last couple of minutes that the large object hovered. With no warning, all three objects just disappeared.

There's more to the sighting on the MUFON page. If true, WOW!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join