It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver report of UFO near Empire, OH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
dreams,
Concerning the blocked post of anonymous..Did you try u2u to moderator?
Why do you think it was written by one of the other witness'?
BP

It wasn't written by one of the other witnesses... it was written by the truck driver in Ohio. I contacted him and directed him to this thread at ATS because I would love for him to share his story. I feel it is important, if not only for sharing presently but for anyone seeking it out in the future should they see such an astounding UFO incident and need to come to grasp in accepting it. The witness said he posted here. I saw the post listed but it never was in this thread.

There is a list of several moderators of this forum and I wouldn't know which one to contact. In my short time here, I have also witnessed moderators from other forums step in and close threads or silence posts. That is why I was hoping to post it here and have whomever removed the post explain why.

Yet....... if the witness would only be muted until they possibly appease a certain moderator or the thread be closed as I've seen others have done to them in the past... then our comprehension of such mysteries shall never evolve at ATS beyond where we are now... and therefore, why even have this forum? It is no better than the government cover-ups and pages full of blacked-out, censored truths.

If the witness returns here... I ask that he sign-up as a member (could use the nic-name "Horatio"!?!), ignore the flippant, jaded skeptics and share his experience with those of us who are trying to evolve beyond these superstitious human egos we wear so foolishly.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
~ William Shakespeare

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Any talk around the area about the other witnesses? Anyone else come forward yet?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hoveringobject

There is about 1800 workers at this power plant of which about 300 work during the night shift. I have asked around and nobody has reported seeing anything. Its somewhat strange that noone did because of the close proximity of the plant to the supposed sighting area, probably less then two miles so I would think that an object that size would of been seen.... But so far nobody has come forward claiming to have seen any unusual objects in the sky.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I took the third pic from the top to paint and inverted one pic, left the otyher on the bottom for comparison. As I was gazing at the normal and altered pic, there was alot of solid consistancies with a definate shape of something that does look like another smaller object joining to a larger one, being the reflected area from the bright light.

"Damn!" the pic was lost!!!!

Anyway, if you look into the close up of the bright light area, you will see 2 circular objects at the top and what seems to be square and curved surfaces throughout the entire body above the light itself.

Quite fascinating man, a lot of detail and definately attributing lines everywhere...

Can you see what I am talking about Easynow?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Are there security cameras at the plant?

Yes I know I'm reaching, but if there were any cameras at the plant, some bored security officer may find the time to check out a few backups on the night in question before it's erased.

Some plants place cameras on cranes or towers to monitor a large area, which means they may catch part of the horizon.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

Unfortunately security here is very tight, they do not allow access to any video footage from security cameras. I know it is a FAA violation to fly within several miles of a power plant, I wonder if this was picked up on radar and FAA was notified of the incident.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

well this is the best i can do with it and because it is super tweaked, what we see could/may not really be there but i am not sure ?

there does appear to be two circles, i did notice that

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The three cell phone shots are interesting. Unfortunately enhancing them in Photoshop (such as adjusting levels in various ways) doesn't provide much additional information without having the full-resolution originals.

However creating a frame-by-frame animation provides some interesting insights for what it's worth. I wanted to superimpose the three images and see what was happening with the odd central object.

In the first one below I superimposed the first and third image (taken approx. 3 minutes apart according to the article). I had to slightly rotate and uniformly re-size the 3rd image a bit to match the three bluish lights. Having to slightly enlarge the 3rd image seems to verify that the truck driver was receding from the object when the last photo was taken.

The resulting animation clearly shows the strange center object does in fact appear to rise up as claimed. Its illumination of the underside of the alleged craft also appears to brighten somewhat as it nears the vehicle:

When you add in the second image (taken about two minutes after the first and about a minute before the third) the result is more problematic. There is no way to rotate or re-size the 2nd image so that the three bluish lights match up with the 1st and 3rd. To make them match you have to severely distort the image. If the camera was taking a picture of a real object then no matter how you rotate or angle the camera you'd still have three lights that match up with the previous frame.

So the only way that the three lights could change their relative orientations as shown above in frame 2 was either A) the driver was higher above ground than either frame 01 or frame 03, B) the vehicle "dipped its nose" downward in frame two, then back up again, or C) the vehicle rotated slightly in a clockwise direction then returned back.

The witness did say that he thought the three lights "shifted a little bit to the right hand side" at one point so explanation C is the likely reason. A 4th condition is that it was a combination of actual rotation and the possibility that the driver had rounded a curve at the same time, but the fact that frame 3 shows the 3 lights to seemingly return to their original orientation would mean the driver would have had to round another curve that was equal and opposite to the first - essentially an s-curve.

Anyhow, it's an interesting case. I hope - if it really happened - that the other witnesses would come forward!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by astron1000]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by astron1000

Unfortunately enhancing them in Photoshop (such as adjusting levels in various ways) doesn't provide much additional information without having the full-resolution originals.

if these are a decent copy and something does show up in the photo that is unexplained wouldn't that further warrant the justification that the originals are needed ?

this crop has only been brightened up and i certainly see something here that is unexplainable.

yes we need the originals but i disagree that good copies cannot provide much additional information.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Flagged and Starred OP! For some reason, I get a tingly feeling about the validity of this sighting. Damn how I wish there were video!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the pics are terrible. this proves nothing. give me some real pictures. or atleast a spot on a news channel. if this thing is and i quote "the size of a shopping mall" then why was it not filmed or atleast had a normal picture taken of it. i say its a hoax or something other then ET

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
the pics are terrible. this proves nothing. give me some real pictures. or atleast a spot on a news channel. if this thing is and i quote "the size of a shopping mall" then why was it not filmed or atleast had a normal picture taken of it. i say its a hoax or something other then ET

I don't see how you can ascertain that the truckers photos are hoaxed, there were other witnesses there, why they have not come forward is probably because of people with your personal opinions. (No offense] you are entitled to your own thoughts of something so controversial and so very hard too prove, but there is some real reasons to wanting to prove this incident as truth and not a hoax, which there are plenty of debunkers here on ATS, to either accept or absolutely disclose this as a potential and basic hoax.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I went back to "Paint" with the photo that I had lost, redid it and the details are incredible!!
I have a knack for picking out small details and structure shapes, I am a recognized artist in my area and have to say that does play some of the reason of why I am analyzing these pictures this way.

There is a picture on top that I have outlined of what I see in the photo, the bottom one is untouched other than light, hue and sharpness to pull out the object better.

I will also post the original ones I compared with no altercations at all.

I truly do see something that is explainable and rather eerie to say the least.

There is a poster that showed the slide show effect and have really looked hard into that concept and have basically came to the conclusion that the triangular craft is the docking area of the smaller and lit up craft that I have posted here.

And, if for some reason these pic's don't show as big enough, Easynow, can you please fix them for me?

Thanks, Allred

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

sure no problem

hope that helps,

not sure how you drew on them the way you did but very nice

i can't say for sure that what you see is there or not but like i said before there is alot of very strange things going on in this picture and if we can ever get the truck driver witness to join us maybe we can get the originals from him ?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

not sure how you drew on them the way you did but very nice

I took the picture to paint, did the writing/drawing on the pics and saved them to computers picture area.

"Can't you see the object that I have outlined from one picture to the next?"

Thought for sure you would pick it out right away, hmmm.... Well, I see it there!!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is another UFO sighting just 82 miles north of Empire, Ohio, about eight days later and involves orange objects.

We were at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park listening to music and back at the campsite I saw an orange round object moving back and forth slowly in the sky, and then it would rapidly accelerate to another part of the sky and continue its' surveying. Others came out of nowhere to join the first, and they were in some sort of ring formation. The ring was oscillating, and growing in diameter it seemed. There were clouds coming in and the object became obscured, and for a good 20 mins this went back and forth, and the weirdest part, as soon as some one from another campsite started yelling about what that was and everyone was starting to talk about it the objects in the sky just vanished. There were a couple thousand people there at least, but due to the cloud cover it was hard to tell what shape they were in, and from talking to people the next day it seemed alot of people saw it.

Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, Ohio Round Orange Spheres

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

After looking into this further, along with members of Ohio MUFON, and talking to people in the Stratton/Empire area on Sunday, it turns out there have been multiple sightings over the course of the 2 weeks prior to the truck driver's encounter on Oct.23rd. The objects MAY still be visible at night, especially if the clouds clear. Anyone in the vicinity should definitely keep an eye on the skies and have a camera nearby. Be sure to tell anyone working at the power plant to watch the skies, particularly above the hills to the east.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've read through the thread and I didn't see anyone mention the fact the truck driver says he never stopped. So, why are the pictures so centered and don't seem to change position?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
I've read through the thread and I didn't see anyone mention the fact the truck driver says he never stopped. So, why are the pictures so centered and don't seem to change position?

He slowed to a crawl and was leaning out the window taking pics of the object . There was nowhere safe to pull off along that stretch. The jpegs posted online are cropped.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hoveringobject

I'll talk to some of the night shift folks, ask them to keep an eye out... They already think I am crazy so what the heck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join