It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF says it has disrupted skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ap.google.com...

Breaking news. Not much information as of yet....

Mod Note: AP updateFeds disrupt skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

[edit on 10/27/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.whec.com...

The ATF says it has broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
this is more propaganda from the government to start civil unrest

do not believe it

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well....

I'll withhold my gut reaction to this until more details emerge.

My first thought though was, "how convenient".

[edit on 27-10-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yep total bull, trying to divide more people.

no 1 liner

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I find it odd that it comes out RIGHT after th sound byte of him talking about the constitution and and redistribution of wealth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Skinheads give humanity a bad name. Imagine what they could do if they put their destructive emotions and energy to a useful purpose.

I have short hair like plenty of white males. I do not want to be put into your generalisation with the others thx.

i cut my hair short as its easier that way, not because i belong to some group. lol

admin edit: replaced accidental post deletion.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If it's true it's despicable and they should be punished to the extent of the law..this is not what this country needs...period. It is strange for this to come out after what many may see as a damaging sound byte.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I blame the media trying to crown Obama and making it sem like a slamdunk. They will try to kill him to make sure he doesn't win instead of waiting and giving the process a chance.
They know he will be harder to get close to if he is president.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow, the ATF really is our friend. Thank you so much ATF!!!

This made up for that whole Waco misunderstanding.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
www.kait8.com...

Two men have been charged with making threats against presidential candidate Barack Obama. Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tennessee and Paul Schlesselman, 18, of West Helena were charged in a federal complaint last Friday of illegal possession of a sawed-off shotgun, conspiracy to rob a federal firearms licensee, and making threats against a major candidate for the Office of President.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
I blame the media trying to crown Obama and making it sem like a slamdunk. They will try to kill him to make sure he doesn't win instead of waiting and giving the process a chance.
They know he will be harder to get close to if he is president.

The only way he could be touched is if the secret service stand down, like in other ones. But i doubt they will.

This is just a story to divide you people even more.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
MSNBC is running with it and promising updates as they come in
www.msnbc.msn.com...
okay this kills the one line rule

saw this first on cnbc and they said a plot to kill 102 people "INCLUDING" barack obama

[edit on 27-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"October surprises"!! I expect several more before Nov. 4. Let's see how this plays out. This could end up like the famous 2004 Osama bin Laden tape that everyone alleges saved the election for GW.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

"They said that would be their last, final act - that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

I'm posting these links as they pop up...

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

www.keprtv.com...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My guess would be that this was something cooked up by the Obama campaign to take people's mind off of the "redistribution of wealth" comment and give them another target for their anger, the racist pricks. On the other hand, you can bet your bottom dollar there are a lot of idiots that would like nothing more than to make such a thing reality.
That goes without saying for nearly all political leaders, I would imagine.

It may also be a message to Obama that he needs to "play ball" as it were. Because this sort of thing at least gets that message out there. This is the second such threat in recent weeks. At this point, if something awfull WERE to happen, people would say, "well, I saw it coming."

Like someone above said, divide and conquer.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Skinheads? There's still skinheads?
I swear I haven't heard that term since the mid-90's, are we sure they still call themselves skinheads?
Smells like pro"poo"ganda, and a little like teen spirit.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
"October surprises"!! I expect several more before Nov. 4. Let's see how this plays out. This could end up like the famous 2004 Osama bin Laden tape that everyone alleges saved the election for GW.

I am not sure if it will have that same effect, but it will increase people's awareness that racism still exists in this country. Whether or not it has an effect on the election is dependent on how the candidates and talking heads respond to it.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Kaploink]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm sure there are skinheads out there...just like kkk members and the like. This almost ensures that if Obama loses...there will be riots of some kind. What is ridiculous to me is that when the riots occur...people who actually voted for Obama will see their property damaged and stolen. Our country is going to complete hell right now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join