It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Staffers Pull Their Bogus Ohio Ballots As Both Parties Are Warned of Possible Misconduct

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Because McCain can do no wrong. Even though in 2006 he did a rally with ACRN that evil group... Or he is part of the party that is known for rigging elections in 2000 and 2004. So forth and so forth.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Of course he can do no wrong LOL.

I love how the anti-obama people are saying Obama needs to supply more documentation to prove his american citizenship.

However, he has supplied his birth certificate and was born in Hawaii.

McCain was born in Panama, and has to this day, not released his birth certificate.

I smell a double standard here...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
reply to post by centurion1211

So people who weren't legally allowed to vote registered to vote and then people in Obama's campaign pulled their forms so they couldn't vote.

No.

The story is about Obama's own campaign staff the was illegally trying to vote and then pulled their own registrations when told what they were trying to do in Ohio is a felony.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I can't seem to find any sites to verify this story. They all link back to the NY Post. Even the website Palestra.net that the Post got its information from doesn't seem to have anything on it. I searched for the letter signed by the staff, but I couldn't find it.

Maybe you'll have more luck?

*Edit: Palestra.net, by the way, is a Wikipedia like college news site where anyone can enter a news story in.

I literally cannot find anything on this story but the NY Post. Most seem to be discussing the Secretary of State. She hasn't yet set up a program advocated by the GOP to remove voter registrations that don't match up with current government records. They say she is helping fraud along, she says they are trying to disenfranchise voters.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't find any articles or letters on Palestra.net, either. Anything that mentions "examine your conscience" or Ohio and ballots is old and has nothing to do with anything in the original article that talks about fraud.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

More BS, more BS... Also, THE WARNING WENT TO BOTH CAMPAIGNS! Why? Because before poll workers and campaign workers who were from out of state could register to vote and vote in that state. But Ohio changed the rules recently. It's not like Obama shipped 5,000,000 people from California to sway the vote. It was what, 13 workers who were from out of state that didn't know that Ohio changed the rules on visiting votes. Don't forget McCain said ACORN was great and amazing and would follow them to the gates of hell as early as 2006. Don't forget the more people voting for Bush then live in the county in 2004 wherever a Diebold machine was.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by spines

I keep hearing "dont worry, fake registered voters cant vote" and the reason is always because somebody somewhere will ask them for I.D. Well, I've never been asked for I.D. to vote. You walk in and tell them your address and they cross you off. You can just look down at the sheet in front of the 95 year-old volunteer and point and say "that's me" and they cross you off and you go vote.

Either get rid of the fake/bad registrations or adopt some process slightly more strict than anybody pointing at a name on a sheet and proclaiming "that is me."

I have been voting for 20+ years, I have lived in several areas during this time, and have ALWAYS been asked for ID, never have I been allowed to vote without showing my ID.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Jezus

So people who weren't legally allowed to vote registered to vote and then people in Obama's campaign pulled their forms so they couldn't vote.

No.

The story is about Obama's own campaign staff the was illegally trying to vote and then pulled their own registrations when told what they were trying to do in Ohio is a felony.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by centurion1211]

O, I should have had a ? cause it was a question.

I just think it is a little strange that they are able to register even though they legally can't. Isn't that the bigger problem?

It is odd because it they knew it was illegal it is a pretty obvious offense.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

It was common practice until this year.

There is nothing criminal about this like people are speculating.

It is common practice for high ranking campaign workers to be brought in from out of state for the duration of the campaign.

What they did, is register to vote as temporary residents of ohio... which is what they are.

however, the recently passed Ohio law revokes the ability of "temporary residents" from voting. so they campaign workers withdrew their registration, and will now have to vote absentee in whatever state their residency is in.

There is nothing "shady" about this. It is nothing criminal. The state of Ohio just advised the campaigns about the change in laws. and the campaign acted accordingly.

there is no voter fraud. this is not voter registration fraud either.

this shouldn't really be an issue, except for the people who want to feel that if their candidate loses the election, the election is rigged.

Sorry for the rant, it is driving me nuts to see supporters of either candidate out there spreading their own propaganda...

please remember the new ATS policy when replying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

But they might not have known since the law qas changed recently. And in other states it's perfectly legal. And it was legal in Ohio until recently. But BOTH parties were told of the law change since they may not have known it was changed. The OP being part of the rabid right ignores that both were told of the recent law change.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A moderator has changed the title of this thread due to complaints that it was somehow "unfair". I want to remind all that have actually read the article that I cut and pasted the title of this thread from the article itself. No editorializing of the title was done by me. All I changed from the article was to make it not in all caps (T&C rule).

As I told the moderator, it's a sad day on ATS and elsewhere when a group of people can't stand to read about actions that, even though truthful, may be unfavorable to their side and then complain and/or demand changes. That is very definitely an attempt at censorship or to "shoot the messenger", instead of dealing with the substance of the issue.

No person or group always does things right. The truth does hurt sometimes. Deal with it and go on.

Deny ignorance. Level playing field. Deny Hypocrisy.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Except it was wrong. You said only Obama's staffers, but both parties were told of the law change. What they did was perfectly legal until very recently when Ohio changed the rules.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Except it was wrong. You said only Obama's staffers, but both parties were told of the law change. What they did was perfectly legal until very recently when Ohio changed the rules.

No, you are incorrect. Go back and read it again carefully. Both parties were warned, but it said only Obama staffers were pulling their registrations. Maybe McCain staffers hadn't registered. The article didn't say, so I didn't say.

Also go back and take a look at the T&C rules for posting articles. You are supposed to use the exact title of the article - which I did.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This thread is about Obama's top campaign staff in Ohio, a key battleground state fraudulently registering to vote when they didn't live there. No one can say his top staff doesn't know the rules. They did, but tried to vote anyway in case the election was close enough that their votes could make a difference.

I'm fairly sure that when these campaign workers go into a state they are registering to vote in that state. When warned they MAY be breaking the states rules....they asked to be withdrawn.

You should try putting the headline in all caps, and add a few exclamation points! It may make this story actually look like something of interest!!!

Like this:

DEMOCRATS STEAL VOTES AND EAT YOUR BRAINS LIKE ZOMBIES!!!

Oh no! Everyone get excited!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And notice how he keeps ignoring the fact that both parties were told of the law change? Some how doing something that is legal in other states, and was legal in Ohio until very recently is an evil terrorist plan of some sorts.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

This thread is about Obama's top campaign staff in Ohio, a key battleground state fraudulently registering to vote when they didn't live there. No one can say his top staff doesn't know the rules. They did, but tried to vote anyway in case the election was close enough that their votes could make a difference.

I'm fairly sure that when these campaign workers go into a state they are registering to vote in that state. When warned they MAY be breaking the states rules....they asked to be withdrawn.

You should try putting the headline in all caps, and add a few exclamation points! It may make this story actually look like something of interest!!!

Like this:

DEMOCRATS STEAL VOTES AND EAT YOUR BRAINS LIKE ZOMBIES!!!

Oh no! Everyone get excited!!!

Please don't show your ignorance any further.

If you read the article AND my posts, you know the title of the original article was in all caps and that I changed it to comply with T&C rules.

I've also answered the "both parties" issue more than once.

Unless these are just deflection attempts, I can't imagine what else it would take to make it any clearer for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You're response was it's ok for Republicans to do it. Even though no one broke the law as they didn't know the law had changed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Unless these are just deflection attempts, I can't imagine what else it would take to make it any clearer for you.

Deflecting what?!?!?! I think it's hilarious you sensationalize a minuscule story, in an attempt to garner political gain.

THEY REGISTERED WHEN THEY CAME TO THESE STATES.

THEY WERE TOLD IT WAS ILLEGAL BASED ON STATE LAW.

THEY ASKED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE ROLLS.

END OF STORY.

What was I deflecting there??? Did Obama try to lie and say they were born there too?!??!?
Seriously.......give it up already....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Op was clearly following the guidelines of ATS submissions in this political season. However, in a measure to assure that complete fairness and transparency was shown, I did alter the title. This action in no way reflects badly on the OP, and was simply a measure taken to address a minor point of possible contention.

This was an effort to keep bickering over this very small part of the overall issue here to a minimum.

Therefore, bringing this up to further agitate may be considered political trolling and baiting. Everyone is therefore warned to mind your Ps and Qs, and act in a civil and respectful manner.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join