It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Staffers Pull Their Bogus Ohio Ballots As Both Parties Are Warned of Possible Misconduct

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
The Op was clearly following the guidelines of ATS submissions in this political season. However, in a measure to assure that complete fairness and transparency was shown, I did alter the title. This action in no way reflects badly on the OP, and was simply a measure taken to address a minor point of possible contention.

This was an effort to keep bickering over this very small part of the overall issue here to a minimum.

Therefore, bringing this up to further agitate may be considered political trolling and baiting. Everyone is therefore warned to mind your Ps and Qs, and act in a civil and respectful manner.

Go mods! yay!

Our moderators are awesome... but I'm going to take it one step further and remind everyone of the new ATS rules regarding the elections...

here's the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

By far my favorite rule the site owners put together...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is a REVISED code dictating the circumstances under which someone can vote that applies to both the McCain staffers and Obama staffers.

The new code states that an Ohio resident must live in the state for at least 30 days before the election and must also intend to REMAIN in Ohio after the election.

Evidently a letter was sent to BOTH campaigns explaining the revised code.

Obama's campaign talked to staff and explained the code and out of 700 staffers, 13, by their OWN INITIATIVE, asked to have their votes withdrawn.

All they would have had to do to keep their votes in Ohio is to claim that they intended to stay in Ohio after the election. They chose to be HONEST and abide by the REVISED code once made aware of it.

Out of McCains entire Ohio staff...how many opted to withdrawl votes once made aware of the REVISED code?...NONE. They said they would not be withdrawing any votes. Even McCain's campaign's state director in Ohio, Ryan Meerstein, who is from South Carolina where he voted in the primary this year, recently registered to vote in Ohio and voted in the early vote period and he resfused to withdrawl his vote.

Who is being honest here? Every one of McCain's campaign staff intends to stay in Ohio after the election?

MAKES FOR A GREAT SPIN STORY THOUGH!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by centurion1211

You're response was it's ok for Republicans to do it.

Please post the quote where I said that.

As I feel more than confident that you won't be able to, I will then kindly ask you to stop trying to deflect the topic with these incorrect assertions.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The only difference between the Obama volounteers and McCain staff seems to be that the Obama Volounteers reviewed the revised code specifying that a voter must intend on remaining an Ohio resident after the election and decided to withdrawl their votes.

McCain staffers REFUSED.

pnohio.3cdn.net... ...

Ryan Meerstein is currently the State Director for McCain's campaign in Ohio. Online biographies indicate he has worked for political campaigns or parties in four different states during the past two years (for the RNC in Virginia, for Sen.Corker's campaign in Tennessee, for Rudy Giuliani in South Carolina1 and McCain in Ohio). He attended college in a fifth state, and his given hometown is in a sixth state. The Franklin County Board of Elections reports receiving his completed absentee ballot on October 14th.

Record that indicates Mr. Meerstein is also currently registered to vote in South Carolina.

Other high-level McCain Ohio staffers like Paul Lindsay and Jason Levine also appear to have recently moved to the state and registered to vote, while displaying no greater or lesser likelihood to remain a resident than some of the Vote From Home volunteers. "The Franklin County Board of Elections made national news last week by referring 13 volunteers from the Vote From Home project to the Franklin County Prosecutor ........

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In his defense: you are putting words in his mouth...

In her defense: She probably assumed you thought it was okay, because you haven't approached her point that the note was sent to both campaigns.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mods-

Even with the thread title change, it is quite apparent that this is a thread meant to cause political divisiveness with a clear double standard applied.

I think this thread should go in the crapper with the rest of the "political game" threads as it is obviously not constructive.

Grafilthy.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Mods-

Even with the thread title change, it is quite apparent that this is a thread meant to cause political divisiveness with a clear double standard applied.

I think this thread should go in the crapper with the rest of the "political game" threads as it is obviously not constructive.

Grafilthy.

Currently, they are back on topic...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
In his defense: you are putting words in his mouth...

Thank you.
Seeing the same issue on other threads.

In her defense: She probably assumed you thought it was okay, because you haven't approached her point that the note was sent to both campaigns.

This is what I said previously on this thread, which I feel addressed the issue to the best of my ability considering what the article said. I did mention that both parties were warned. (my underlining added here)

No, you are incorrect. Go back and read it again carefully. Both parties were warned, but it said only Obama staffers were pulling their registrations. Maybe McCain staffers hadn't registered. The article didn't say, so I didn't say.

Now, can we be done with the "both parties" issue? Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Fair enough
time for gamergal to move past that point too

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by GamerGal

Of course he can do no wrong LOL.

I love how the anti-obama people are saying Obama needs to supply more documentation to prove his american citizenship.

However, he has supplied his birth certificate and was born in Hawaii.

McCain was born in Panama, and has to this day, not released his birth certificate.

I smell a double standard here...

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that a child born to a military service member over seas is considered a natural born citizen? It is a known fact that McCains dad was stationed in Panama when he was born. It is a known fact that both his parents were United States citizens. Therefore McCain is a natural born citizen.

Is this really that hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

While your argument is technically true, the fact that McCain's father was a serviceman is not what makes him a citizen.

All Children when at least 1 parent is an American Citizen has a child abroad, and the parent has lived in the United states at least 5 years of their life, the child is an american citizen.

Source: www.aca.ch...

However, McCain sought an act of congress to ensure that his claim as a "natural born citizen" was etched in stone, and was awarded the decision earlier this year

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

both candidates pass the Constitutional test and are eligible for the office of the Presidency.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Excerpt from article

“After studying the procedures and results from all 14 caucus states, interviewing dozens of witnesses, and reviewing hundreds of personal stories, my conclusion is that the Obama campaign willfully and intentionally defrauded the American public by systematically undermining the caucus process,” she said.

In Hawaii, for example, the caucus organizers ran out of ballots, so Obama operatives created more from Post-its and scraps of paper and dumped them into ice cream buckets. “The caucuses ended up with more ballots than participants, a sure sign of voter fraud,” Long said.

In Nevada, Obama supporters upturned a wheelchair-bound woman who wanted to caucus for Hillary, flushed Clinton ballots down the toilets, and told union members they could vote only if their names were on the list of Obama supporters.

In Texas, more than 2,000 Clinton and Edwards supporters filed complaints with the state Democratic Party because of the massive fraud. The party acknowledged that the Obama campaign’s actions “amount to criminal violations” and ordered them to be reported to state and federal law enforcement, but nothing happened.

With over $600,000,000 raised for his campaign, he has won at all costs.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Don't fall subject to the propaganda Rooster... The Obama campaign, and the MSM are using an effective propaganda technique called The Bandwagon, or the Imminent Victory tactic. They are using all they can to make the public believe that Obama's victory is a foregone conclusion, which leads the subconscious mind into wanting to join "the winning side".

This is easily shown by Obama's 20% favorable gain among independent voters, (sorry to say, but Independents are the target audience of the propaganda).

Whoever you support, do not believe that the election is going to be a landslide.

Do not trust polls or statistics... Each can be manipulated easily to support either side of an argument.

There is more than a week left... anything could happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
God, this is like a conservative sausage fest in here. Why don't you guys pat each other on the backs for the excellent mudslinging and avoidance of real issues a little more?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Don't fall subject to the propaganda Rooster... The Obama campaign, and the MSM are using an effective propaganda technique called The Bandwagon, or the Imminent Victory tactic. They are using all they can to make the public believe that Obama's victory is a foregone conclusion, which leads the subconscious mind into wanting to join "the winning side".

This is easily shown by Obama's 20% favorable gain among independent voters, (sorry to say, but Independents are the target audience of the propaganda).

Whoever you support, do not believe that the election is going to be a landslide.

Do not trust polls or statistics... Each can be manipulated easily to support either side of an argument.

There is more than a week left... anything could happen.

NJ, If Palin would drop McCain and pick up another running mate I might vote for her. I am amazed we are going to put another NWO elite from an Ivy league school in the Whitehouse, it kills me. Don't worry though, I don't buy any of it. FYI... I'm on the Chuck Baldwin Bandwagon to nowhere anyway.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
God, this is like a conservative sausage fest in here. Why don't you guys pat each other on the backs for the excellent mudslinging and avoidance of real issues a little more?

NJ, here's your pat...

Centurion, here's your pat...

Sec8 here's your pat...

FF, here's your pat...

Marcus, here's your pat...

Mf_luder, here's your pat...

Davion, you know I'm not leaving you out, here's your pat...

Edited to add: It looks like he even cheated to get here, Check this out.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Even if the accusations were true, and a BIG emphasis on if, that still wouldn't mean HE cheated. People cheated, not HIM.

Big difference.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

It is time to veer this discussion back on topic.

Also, civility and decorum are expected from everyone on all sides of the political spectrum. Fair warning has been given.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Stardust,

In all honesty, this is the second time a Mod has warned about that in this forum...

I'm beginning to think that this thread will never stay on topic... (yah, I'm a wee bit guilty as well... sigh). Hopefully I have been polite like I'm supposed to, but to keep everyone out of trouble in this thread, It might be a good idea to close this before it gets ugly, and mod action becomes imminent...

Your call though...I'm just calling it like i've been seeing it go down in here all day...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Even if the accusations were true, and a BIG emphasis on if, that still wouldn't mean HE cheated. People cheated, not HIM. Big difference.

Sub, I may believe that statement if we were speaking of the McCain campaign, but O's is without a doubt the best run campaign ever, so I'm not buying any of the "plausible deniability" BS. Those at the top of this campaign are in the "know" about every minute detail, including the allegations by the Hillary supporters. If he is going to be the "change" candidate, then we should expect more/better. This man has spent the last 20 months on the campaign trail, it appears he's going to win, and as far as I'm concerned, he set the bar so high for himself, he's going to fail. Infact, I think Joe and Colin have already made attempts to ratchet the bar down a few notches, we'll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join