It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline news: The UFO Disclosure Process Has Begun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Another way to look at this is if we were capable of interstellar travel and were considering contact with another 'pre-interstellar' species, wouldn't we do the same thing? I believe we would act in a simular manner.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree with those who say that there is less reason to fear them than to fear our own leaders.

After all, just their presence indicates they have superior technology. If, as the video suggests, they have been here for hundreds or even thousands of years, they could have wiped us out at any time they wanted to.

Even those who were probed and released by aliens and traumatized, considering the horrible things we humans do to animals in experiments, (even other humans when political conditions allow, such as Josef Mengele) I think the alien abductees are pretty darn lucky.

Of course we can never know how many missing persons could have been abducted for experiments that involved more intrusive, (vivisection) procedures. In any event, we have no indication whatsoever that any alien presence here is any more hostile to humans than other humans. In fact, if they are here at all, I would argue we have evidence, (the fact that we are still here) that they are less dangerous to us than our own kind.

I, like some other posters, am more worried that this is some new ploy thought up by our leaders to terrify us into some new form of enslavement to our human masters. If there is a genuine alien presence, the only "threat" I see is to our leaders. They would have genuine competition for the title of "most powerful beings on the planet." I can imagine they would not enjoy that.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
sorry to be negative, but the ABC report is just the same old stuff they run every once in a while. they were simply reporting about the release of u.f.o. files from the u.k. and thats it really, they threw in the conspiracy theories line, and although they talk about disclosure we don't actually know what that means for sure. we know what people would like it to mean, but we don't know what they will tell us, wether they will share the whole truth, or if they will just give us made up conclusions which seemingly explain what they are but is far from the truth.

disclosure? yes they are aliens? yes people were correct about what they saw but they are ours? yes people did see u.f.o's but we can prove and demostrate it is a natural occurence? yes these u.f.os actually turn out to be some lifeform undiscovered for a long time, they are actually large size types of bacteria living at very high alteritude, and have the ability to camouflage, and glowlike deep sea creatures? or yes we have investigated all cases and nothing was found we can verify.

IMO disclosure has not even started untill they just get on T.V. and level with us. all these files do is give us more unprovablecases to debate about.

what is disclosure? it could be anything.

however it is good the media reports these things so the public are aware of the possibilities.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Telos
I don't see anything hysterical in the claims. Actually I just see a concordance with what Greer, Salla, (and Werner von Braun) have said in the relation with the phenomena.

Of course you see a concordance with what Greer and Salla is saying. The article was originally posted on the Exopolitics website.

As for Dr. Greer, I would suggest listening to the last 15 minutes of the June 22 episode of the Paracast, or find David Biedney on these boards and ask him about Greer.

Originally posted by Telos
Being a staged disclosure or an increase of public interest we have to admit that media coverage has been like never seen before.

You must not remember the popularity of UFOs in the 1990s, around the time of the X-Files popularity and the growth of the internet. Or any of the other "UFO booms" that proceeded it. Each time, we heard, "coverage has never been like this before!"

As for the Wernher von Braun quote, I won't say Dr. Rosin is lying about his statements to her. But I find it very interesting Dr. Rosin never came forward with von Braun's predictions of these scares until after the fact, after the Gulf War, after asteroids being able to destroy life came into the public conscience, and years terrorism enter the public conscience. Show me one place where Dr. Rosin spoke of this before the fact, or any one else who ever heard von Braun talk of these things. She claims to have also been in on the meetings where the Gulf War was planned, and claims to have talked to Saddam Hussien and got him to stop burning oil-wells in the Gulf War.

You know what? I will say she is lying. Dr. Carol Rosin is a liar, using von Braun's good name and putting words in his mouth to push her own agenda.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SaviorComplex]

Ok I've been around in this board long enough to avoid 'fightings' over sources, whose who...etc. And I've been into ufology for a very long time to learn that despite the news, opinions are a personal matter. So lets discuss about the ABC coverage and save each other from pointless debates about Greer, Exopolitics or even von Braun. If you check this board you'll realize what I mean. Alot of threads are full of this childish rhetorics and to be honest I don't really find my self liking it. I know the subject like my pockets and I don't need lessons who to believe and who to doubt. One again, let us focus in the subject.

Greetings

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by GhostR1der

Another way to look at this is if we were capable of interstellar travel and were considering contact with another 'pre-interstellar' species, wouldn't we do the same thing? I believe we would act in a simular manner.

If Aliens have the Alien equivalent of the Rockerfellars and their destiny was ruled by secret societies we have every reason to be afraid.

Imagine humans in 200 years when we will probably have our own space travel (serious travel not tinker town stuff) technologies. We will be a danger to all other less civilised life.

If we find a world our corrupt, and the ruling elite are corrupt and amoral, leaders will find a way to exploit steal and manipulate for wealth and power. So if our first alien contact is with a species who evolved similarly, we are really in trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

You've got me there! Let's hope they are as developed socially as they are technologically! I'm sure that there are both types of Extraterrestrials out there, good and bad. My point is that if they wished us ill, they wouldn't need to be covert about it. They could just show up and subdue us within hours, given the technological superiority that they would have to have in order to travel such distances in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Great reply. My thoughts exactly.

Stereotypes are often much different from what's really going on.

I believe we're being slowly conditioned, over time, to accept the reality of what's going on. That we are not alone in this universe.

The TRUTH is coming to light!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What does the "Ufologist" mean when he says "conflict situation"?

Ho ho ho

Conflict that has gone unwitnessed?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Evolved technology does not necessarily equate to evolved mind or compassion. We know they exist. They know we know they exist. Disclosure is inevitable at the right cross roads. We want to believe in a better and good force. ETs likely do not understand this force or the true nature of reality either. We impute them. Just because they appear to have cool vehicles and some tech, does not mean they are evolved.

From an Iraqi soldier point of view, the US has space vehicles, with amazing technology to free the?? You decide... if they were here for truly, thoudsands of years... wouldnt we have likely been true neighbors by now in some capacity... or did we suddenly need the microchip to bring us into their neighborhood. They've known us much longer than we have known them.

"We'll make Great Pets"

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

When you push the YouTube video button, you put in"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2RIbaHD3bE"

All you should put in is the ycode: F2RIbaHD3bE

The "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" is added automatically, so you should just put the code.

Otherwise the ATS link goes to "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2RIbaHD3bE"

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
People often ask the question "why would they come here". One good answer to that is we gave them a free invite.

We sent off deepspace probes with our coordinates on them and language information, we beamed signals off into the black beyond. In truth anyone, good, bad o just plain ugly could have picked them up.

Maybe some corrupt adavanced civilization who place a high value on certain materials and minerals picked them up and rubbed their hands together with glee. I was always concerned about broadcasting our location off to space because truthfully we have no idea what we might be inviting home for dinner

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is not new. The french government declassified vaults of files of their UFO investigations. But still, nothing that they released actually confirmed contact or the existence of extra terrestrial life.

I love the reporters reaction when the girl is explaining how the aliens dont like when she takes pictures of them because the flash bothers them. He just goes "Riiiiiight....."

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If any life were to come here, does anyone actually believe they'll see us as anything but evil and pathetic?

Just look at what you all continue to do. You invade and murder your fellow man for resources. You have people that literally play with and eat their own feces, mate with animals, mate with members of the same sex, kill each other for entertainment, mutilate their own and others bodies, and make life so unbearable for others that they ultimately kill themselves and others.

Any advanced life is going to see you all for what you are and will most likely do everything in their power to keep you from spreading your filth to the rest of the galaxy.

Instead of worrying if their minds are evolved and if they're peaceful, why don't you worry about your own and realise you're making yourselves look worse for doing nothing to stop the problems with this species. If they ended up being evil and wiping us out, who cares. You'd all probably end up doing the same given the path you continue to take to this day.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I thought they placed the fairy tales of aliens and thier spaceships in the grey area or skunkworks. You are all making claims...all of which are total junk. I thought this thread was about whether or not ABC is doing disclosure not a thread about the alien fantasy.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Anyone know how we can email ABC Nightline and thank them for producing and airing this? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthasAuthority
This is not new. The french government declassified vaults of files of their UFO investigations. But still, nothing that they released actually confirmed contact or the existence of extra terrestrial life.

I love the reporters reaction when the girl is explaining how the aliens dont like when she takes pictures of them because the flash bothers them. He just goes "Riiiiiight....."

I think a defining point can be made here.

If any person believes UFOs exist, that considering that admit the hoaxes there are some credible and valid sightings and footage, then the serious question has to be asked: how could the military not know?

Really, if amateurs and general public members can see, encounter film and know of UFOs, what is the more worrying prospect?

That the military knows, or that the military doesnt know?

If militaries with all their satellites and cameras, and hundreds of thousands of personell, pilots, investigators and so on, cant identify something that joe public can identify while strolling down the road one night.....id find that the most worrying thing of all.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

This isn't the only 'invite' that we have given them. Before the first detonation of the Atomic Bomb, there are very few sightings, but since then...

We have no idea how far away such a detonation could be detected and it would be a big indication of a civilization that is advancing into space travel.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The military knows and i believe only a few know all of the information about it. The military is very good at keeping secrets, some say it's not possible for them to be able to keep things hidden...but i think they are wrong. One day we will find out what is really going on...but we wont get the whole story.

Another thing to ponder though...

What technology does our military have? What major technological advances have they announced since the stealth bomber? It's been noted that we used something that was top secret in Iraq during the surge...which is what made it successful. This could explain some of the UFO activity we've been having.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

They kept the stealth fighter under wraps for what 15-20 years? Thats a long time. I assume some of the triangle sightings were that plan over the years.

Does beg the question that if the Stealth Fighter is old hat, whats the new hat?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix

I think a defining point can be made here.

If any person believes UFOs exist, that considering that admit the hoaxes there are some credible and valid sightings and footage, then the serious question has to be asked: how could the military not know?

Really, if amateurs and general public members can see, encounter film and know of UFOs, what is the more worrying prospect?

That the military knows, or that the military doesnt know?

If militaries with all their satellites and cameras, and hundreds of thousands of personell, pilots, investigators and so on, cant identify something that joe public can identify while strolling down the road one night.....id find that the most worrying thing of all.

Thats a very good point but i dont think things are structured the same as they used to be as far as the military is concerned when it comes to the release of information to the public. A big chunk has been privatized and contracted which leaves the other end of the tunnel leading to something darker than a corrupt government. Of course if they do exist and people are seeing them in their backyards, or entire communities are spotting them (the Phoenix Lights) then they would have to know. But damn, if they didnt, youre right thats pretty scary. Its hard to deny the existence of life in other parts of the universe, hell its even hard to deny that we ourselves started as Alien life. The possibilites are endless and i think with enough pressure from the people we will someday see disclosure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join