It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline news: The UFO Disclosure Process Has Begun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Isn't that so?

And here is the link in case doesn't work from the forum: www.youtube.com...

This ABC Nightline News segment portrays the Extraterrestrial presence as a military “threat,” a reality which is not consistent with the intentions and presence of upper-dimensional ethical Extraterrestrial civilizations.

Our preliminary assessment is that ABC Nightline News may be acting in concert with a 2008-9 Disclosure Management Operation, involving integrated elements of U.S. Naval Intelligence, and other major military-intelligence agencies such as the U.K. Ministry of Defense.

It is not certain that this Disclosure Management Process, which has been coordinated following the January 8, 2008 Stephenville UFO sighting, is in the public interest of the human population.

www.stomverbaasd.com...

p.s. I don't understand why the video doesn't work so I edited to add the link from the original source.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Telos]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Good find.

It's always of great interest to me when the corporate media reports on such things. Makes one wonder what they're trying to accomplish.

[edit on 10.22.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A little bit out of topic but I can't still understand why the youtube link I've posted is not working. I mean the video one

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

None of your links worked for me, except the stomverbaasd one.

You can edit out your youtube links in the OP, or follow the video from the stom... site and get the yvid code that way.

Most importantly, I hope that more of us ATSers see this clip.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
This ABC Nightline News segment portrays the Extraterrestrial presence as a military “threat,” a reality which is not consistent with the intentions and presence of upper-dimensional ethical Extraterrestrial civilizations.

How the hell would they know what 'reality' is in regards to the intentions of ETs??

How the hell would they know that they are 'upper-dimensional and ethical' ETs?

Poppycock!

OF COURSE they are a threat! They kidnap people from all over the planet. They perform painful experiments on them and mess with their memories. They seem to have no regard for humans and our sufferings - and in fact the ETs CAUSE MORE SUFFERING by their experiments on people. Not to mention the fact that there is some kind of secrecy going on between the ETs and the shadow governments.

I couldn't see your links - but I say that whoever has a problem with calling the ETs a threat need to get their head examined.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would say that automatically assuming that any extraterrestrial civilization that has or will come here is a threat is jumping the gun. If they actually have some dark agenda, we will be powerless to stop them. While I would say that we have to be cautious in a first contact situation, we should not have any preconcieved notions going into it. If you were to ask lab rats, or any other species other than dogs or cats if we were a hostile race, they would sound alot like you did in your post.

To the OP, great find! It tracks with the predictions of the Web Bot project in regards to ET contact and disclosure.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The claims made in the link posted in the OP is ridiculous and rather hysterical. Outside of their own paranoia, they have no proof that ABC is somehow in concert with the government to disclose the truth about an extraterrestrial presence on Earth; all ABC was doing was reporting on a story that had gained widespread interest earlier this week. ABC was not portraying that presence as a "threat" either; they were just reporting on one of the more interesting tales in the files, and that part only constituted a fraction of the report. The Exo-Politics people are looking for proof to justify their delusions where there is none.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't see anything hysterical in the claims. Actually I just see a concordance with what Greer, Salla, (and Werner von Braun) have said in the relation with the phenomena. Being a staged disclosure or an increase of public interest we have to admit that media coverage has been like never seen before. I'm more of the idea of a staged disclosure with an sinister purpose.

After terrorism, so called aliens will be the next enemy. Will this be the next manipulation of the population? Governments like scared population, because they are more willingly to follow the government.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

OF COURSE they are a threat! They kidnap people from all over the planet. They perform painful experiments on them and mess with their memories. They seem to have no regard for humans and our sufferings - and in fact the ETs CAUSE MORE SUFFERING by their experiments on people. Not to mention the fact that there is some kind of secrecy going on between the ETs and the shadow governments.

I couldn't see your links - but I say that whoever has a problem with calling the ETs a threat need to get their head examined.

The reports I've heard sound like most ET's are comparible to human researchers tranquilizing, tagging and studying wild animals. I can imagine the animals complaining about "rough handling" after the fact.

The more ominous thing to me would be government involvement with EBE's. If there's one description you come legitimately hang on our governments, it would be "deceitful & dishonest". If I were a benevolent ET, I would not want contact with such people ......

[edit on 10/22/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Star and flag. ET remains a mystery. Maybe all these great cameras that people have nowadays are forcing some kind of official statement.
Possibly they want to insinuate that the govt. has some "stroke" with ET to puzzle our military adversaries.
It is also possible that they really do have some "stroke" with ET.

It is difficult to tell what our intelligence agencies are cooking up.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't see anything hysterical in the claims. Actually I just see a concordance with what Greer, Salla, (and Werner von Braun) have said in the relation with the phenomena.

Of course you see a concordance with what Greer and Salla is saying. The article was originally posted on the Exopolitics website.

As for Dr. Greer, I would suggest listening to the last 15 minutes of the June 22 episode of the Paracast, or find David Biedney on these boards and ask him about Greer.

Being a staged disclosure or an increase of public interest we have to admit that media coverage has been like never seen before.

You must not remember the popularity of UFOs in the 1990s, around the time of the X-Files popularity and the growth of the internet. Or any of the other "UFO booms" that proceeded it. Each time, we heard, "coverage has never been like this before!"

As for the Wernher von Braun quote, I won't say Dr. Rosin is lying about his statements to her. But I find it very interesting Dr. Rosin never came forward with von Braun's predictions of these scares until after the fact, after the Gulf War, after asteroids being able to destroy life came into the public conscience, and years terrorism enter the public conscience. Show me one place where Dr. Rosin spoke of this before the fact, or any one else who ever heard von Braun talk of these things. She claims to have also been in on the meetings where the Gulf War was planned, and claims to have talked to Saddam Hussien and got him to stop burning oil-wells in the Gulf War.

You know what? I will say she is lying. Dr. Carol Rosin is a liar, using von Braun's good name and putting words in his mouth to push her own agenda.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I'm on the fence on whether ETs are benevolent or malevolent. I have my suspicions, though.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The talking heads that push the Governments and PTB agenda ever forward.

A threat - fear the big bad space man. No, we should fear our 'dear leaders' more and the research they do upon humans both physical and mental.
Then fear what they plan to do with the results.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Interesting. I'd like to see something happen...we all know how crappy the world is right now. It's looks drearier with each passing day.

If they exist, to say that all of them could be evil is a stretch. But think about this...

Say we were spying on another planet's race which was way behind our own advances in technology and awareness...what do u think we'd do? Come down and say...Hey, what's up? Hell no. I'd stay in the shadows too. Would we extract species and do experiments on them and test dna, etc? Probably.

It's not that hard to imagine this...if they exist...which i think they do...it's unfathomable to think they don't. But ABSOLUTE proof is lacking....but there is plenty of time for that to happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ABC Nightline ran a little segment this past Monday which described
the UK UFO files declassification and the 1956 air force pilot testimony.
This declassification was discussed on ATS Monday and also covered
by the major media websites. Of all the reports that day, why this
article focuses on ABC Nightline is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
If they exist, to say that all of them could be evil is a stretch...

They don't have to be evil or hostile to be a threat. Germs have killed more people when two cultures meet than swords or guns ever did.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

True...but we'd be as much a threat to them as they are to us in that case. Fact is, we don't know what limit...if any....technology or the brain actually has. Maybe someone somewhere found a way to counter it...we can't base it all on our own history...if someone is ahead millions of years on us on an evolutionary scale...there is no telling what they would be capable of.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

Well posted.

Not to mention that not all alien encounters involve lost memory and mis-handling etc. Seems to mostly be the greys doing that... many people are on the fence about their purpose/methods, some for and some against. I personally are a fence sitter

But I could easily see aliens vilified into being the new Al-CIAda..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
lol i love how they do the cheesy, "scary" sci-fi music during this official, professional news story... their resort to base Hollywood tactics is hardly surprising, and never ceases to amaze me...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I believe Werner von Braun said cold war enemy, then terrorism, then asteroid, then the ET invasion.

Mother Shipton has the comet and ET's in that order as well. Revelations can be construed that way as well. Asteroid, and then the Son of Man descends from the heavens or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join