It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising 150 Million in One Month Should be a Warning for Things to Come.

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Something just doesn't look right when Obama can rake in 150 million in one month. I know many of you will defend him and say that a lot of average citizens have donated their money, but I will say it is a bunch of hogwash. I say a lot of Obama money is coming from influential people. The same influential people he claims will pay higher taxes once he becomes President. With the economy so bad I can't see the average American donating anything significant to reach this amount.

For both campaigns, the biggest ATM is the group of wealthy,

source

Remember as of the end of the convention, McCain is no longer allowed to accept campaign funds cause he took public finance. That mean McCain has only 85 million to spend from the end of the convention till election day. Obama just about doubled that in one month alone.

As voters concern themselves with voter fraud or voter suppression, they should also worry about the extreme amount of money that has been put into play in this election. Political paybacks have always been the norm and we shouldn't expect no less this time around even if the candidates are advocating change.

Seems like the only change they are talking about is the change they will leave in our pockets after they spend and tax us to oblivion.

Do you think the campaign money raised is tied into political payback?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
this is sure making alot of people mad... a democrat actually pulling in more money then a republican, i guess the earth is coming to an end.

i know this is a long shot, but...maybe people are just so freaked out about having another republican as president that they are selling their blood to make donations to obama.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
By all accounts there were 650,000 first time contributors to the Obama campaign in September with an average donation of around $86.... (at least that is what is being reported by the media) that alone comes out to $55,900,000.00.... in short a third and some came from first time contributors. No matter how you cut it that is significant. In fact by all accounts the majority of Obama's contributions have been small donations. Were there big contributions? Of course there were but what is important here is the number of average people who have donated... this is important and it is good. It means people are engaged. Its a lot better than disengaged voters who stay home and the campaigns being run and financed by big donors.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

No it is not significant. Especially since they don't have to report who contributed 200 dollars or less. It could very well be a wealthy person putting down names to make it look like average people are giving. In addition Obama online has been criticized because foreigners have been contributing in addition to fictitious names.

Fictitious Donors Found in Obama Finance Records

source

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The first thought to enter my mind when I heard that number this morning was the name Grorge Soros. Because the amounts are so little, the FEC doesn't have to investigate the source, which IMHO is frustrating. As an American I'm concerned about outside influence in a presidential election, on behalf of either party. It just seems the process and the country no longer belong to we the people.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What I find amusing (or pathetic) is that some of you simply cannot wrap your pointy little heads around the fact that Obama has hit a nerve in this country and is winning because of it.

You look for every excuse you can to explain him away.

Ya can't stand it can ya?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was a FIRST TIME contributor the the Obama campaign in September. I have always supported a candidate, and I always voted, but I never actually got off my butt and did something to help my candidate win. Now let me tell you, I have signed up to volunteer for the campaign as well. I am a single mom and chose to spend what little extra I had on donating to Obama instead of doing my once monthly night out with the girls for drinks. I can also tell you that my donation was under 200 dollars, but I still had to fill out forms in order to donate. What I filled out is verifyable. So if anyone wants to check on his donations, they can.

I sense the republicans are a little upset that their man cannot raise the money that Obama can. Think about this, 100,000 at a rally for Obama in St. Louis on Saturday, another 40,000 in Kansas City later on Saturday. These people donate. That's a freaking fact! Get over it!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

How much did you give him?
Second line

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
It just seems the process and the country no longer belong to we the people.

Just the opposite is true! We the people are donating by the millions to the person we want to be president. We have donated several times. (still under the $2300 limit)

There are so many people out there like me that really want to help Obama win that we are doing what we can to make it happen. It truly is a grassroots movement. But this time, it's fairly successful.
Hopefully, all his supporters will get out and vote and then we can say it was 100% successful!

Cowgirl, I'm volunteering, too!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Obama's entire campaign from the beginning until now smells fishy as heck. Anyone who blindly believes something that seems too good to be true deserves whatever they get. The media's ovet-the-top outrageous bias for Obama alone is enough to send me screaming to the hills.

I hope the average Joes and Janes out there wake the heck up and flock to the polls to prevent this disaster from happening.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
What I find amusing (or pathetic) is that some of you simply cannot wrap your pointy little heads around the fact that Obama has hit a nerve in this country and is winning because of it.

You look for every excuse you can to explain him away.

Ya can't stand it can ya?

Forgive me for caring enough about my country to criticize the current system. Since we are required to have a SS number to vote, why can't we insist that all donations come in via a SS#? It would go a long way in protecting our process from outside influence. Or are you so blindly devoted to THIS MAN that you do not care? Because I can guarantee you if the shoe was on the other foot, the dems would also be raising the issue. And for the record, I have a round head, with a pointy nose.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am one of those that have better things to do with my money that giving it away to political candidates.

I need my money to pay for gas.

Anyway, like I said before, it will take another act of terrorism like 9/11 to make people forget how our economy has gotten this bad in the last 8 years under a republican, the bail out for the wealthy global elites at the expenses of tax payers for another Republican to win the white house.

Sorry but people want something done, something different and rather than rioting and raising against the present system they rather wait and clean the white house of Republicans.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

None of your business.

As a matter of fact I NEVER endorse or back a candidate and haven't done so since I worked for the McGovern campaign.

I am in favor of Obama because I believe that Republican policies of division and greed are destroying this country. I would have preferred someone else over Obama but since that's who we have I will vote for him.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is sure making alot of people mad... a democrat actually pulling in more money then a republican, i guess the earth is coming to an end.

i know this is a long shot, but...maybe people are just so freaked out about having another republican as president that they are selling their blood to make donations to obama.

Thats my thought exacally.
I volunteered my time to make calls for the Obama campaign. HEHE something I would have never done in a million years. But Im so scared about having another Republican in office, especially one that is planning to stay the course with Bush.
Out of 100 people Im averaging may 2 people at the most going with MCCain, the ones (which there are substancially more) going for Obama are very determined, without question...are doing so.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

If there were another terrorist attack on US soil before the election it would serve as the final denouncement of Republican claims that only they can keep us safe.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

That so, but we know how short memories most Americans have and you can pretty much imagine what will come next.

Remember all in the name of fighting terror and keeping America safeeeee

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You simply cannot blame the republicans for the last 8 years. And the sooner you and I agree on that, the better off this country will be. Please explain to me how it is a matter of public record the dems are at the helm of this disaster, (fanny/freddy) you can blame that on the Repubs? The bailout had more dem votes for than repub votes for, explain how you can once again blame that on the repubs? Because of W? When your boy gets in, and it looks like he will, this country will still be hell in a handbasket. And what happened to the CHANGE Pelosi was supposed to usher in?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Well lets see.... 8 years of the bush minor administration.
12 years of the past 14 years with a Republican controlled congress... 6 of those with a rubber stamp congress that was so militant that it locked Democrats out of committee meetings.
2 years with a Democratic controlled congress held by the smallest of margins... incapable of doing anything without Republican cooperation.

Can't blame the Republicans?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Something just doesn't look right when Obama can rake in 150 million in one month. source

Could you show me in your source where it said Obama made $150 mil in one month? I couldn't find it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh plueeeeeze people!!

This goes to show you that the rich, the poor, the blind, the races all mixed to gether HAVE HAD ENOUGH with this clown, and they dont want ACT II.

I think that sums it up real well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join