It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising 150 Million in One Month Should be a Warning for Things to Come.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

I don't remember seeing you in any threads relating to the amount of internet donations Ron Paul had raised during the primaries, if i'm not correct it was the biggest fund raising in the history of the internet.
If you were so interested in record breaking donations, did you investigate anything to do with Ron Paul's?
Of course you didn't, but of course your not really biased are you?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I must admit that I came to appreciate Ron Paul when it was far too late to vote for him. And for the record, to this date I have NO IDEA who I will be voting for. But rest assured, I am not so blindly devoted to one man I am willing to sell my country out to see him elected.

Edited to add: Research shows RP holds the "single day" record for donations, not total donations. And my guess is if BHO raised $150,000 in one month, he beat pauls $4mil one day total.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wonder, and this is just a hypothetical question: If we are subjected to 4 more years of egregious Constitutional violations and unjustified wars under a Democrat, will people start to see the two-party system for what it really is, or will we continue this charade indefinitely?

On the topic of campaign contributions, it doesn't concern me how much Obama has risen in the past month. Just look at his top campaign contributors, they're all mostly central banks. Same for McCain. Something wicked this way comes folks.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

It isn't about who is raising the money. It could be Paul, McCain or Obama. The question is at what price?

At a moment when our politicians are telling us that they will fix the lobbyist issues, that they will close the loopholes for wealthy and then turn around and get donations from the same people is hilarious.

www.maplight.org... is a good place to go to see how money or donations to campaigns help influence legislation.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viral
I wonder, and this is just a hypothetical question: If we are subjected to 4 more years of egregious Constitutional violations and unjustified wars under a Democrat, will people start to see the two-party system for what it really is, or will we continue this charade indefinitely?
:

Lest we forget what got us there.
Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---77
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bond (R-MO)
Breaux (D-LA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Campbell (R-CO)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fitzgerald (R-IL)
Frist (R-TN)
Gramm (R-TX)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Helms (R-NC)
Hollings (D-SC)
Hutchinson (R-AR)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Miller (D-GA)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Nickles (R-OK)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Santorum (R-PA)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-NH)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thompson (R-TN)
Thurmond (R-SC)
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)

I see a lot of D's in this list. Just think, if this country had just one more party... What would it look like then?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I say a lot of Obama money is coming from influential people.

We're talking about the United States of America...Presidential Election...right?

Well NO DUH it's from influential people.

That's just how elections work.

For BOTH parties.

Why is this so surprising to anyone?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

It is not surprising to me.

Both party cater to the money and passes legislation on behalf of those who have donated the most money. Those who have donated small amounts will get their Christmas card.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What this is telling me is someone else has finally noticed the entire campaign system is broken and needs to be totally redone with a different system based on something other than a beauty contest and see who can raise the most money.

This isn't a comment on McCain or Obama, but it seems the demoncrats have smarter people running things behind the scene and using the system.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Aberinkula

It is not surprising to me.

Both party cater to the money and passes legislation on behalf of those who have donated the most money. Those who have donated small amounts will get their Christmas card.

Which is why the money should come from the people, not supporters. I say a mandatory donation of one dollar from every tax payer on his/her return for three years leading up to the election year, split evenly three ways... Dem, Repub, and independent.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
What this is telling me is someone else has finally noticed the entire campaign system is broken and needs to be totally redone with a different system based on something other than a beauty contest and see who can raise the most money.

This isn't a comment on McCain or Obama, but it seems the demoncrats have smarter people running things behind the scene and using the system.

Agreed to a point. I'm not sure they are smarter. McCain has a vested interest in maintaining transparency with regards to donations, it's called McCain/Feingold. Although I don't agree with his stance on the issues, I do appreciate his efforts to work within the framework of his own legislation.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edited to add: Demoncrats? Nice

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to post by marg6043

You simply cannot blame the republicans for the last 8 years. And the sooner you and I agree on that, the better off this country will be. Please explain to me how it is a matter of public record the dems are at the helm of this disaster, (fanny/freddy) you can blame that on the Repubs? The bailout had more dem votes for than repub votes for, explain how you can once again blame that on the repubs? Because of W? When your boy gets in, and it looks like he will, this country will still be hell in a handbasket. And what happened to the CHANGE Pelosi was supposed to usher in?

I say, I say, I say, maybe you should head on over to this thread and read a bit

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

I say, I say, I say, maybe you should head on over to this thread and read a bit

I was thinking gee, where's Davion? Then you show up here and shamelessly plug your own thread.

The Red Sox lost last night too, wanna take a shot at me for that as well?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I was thinking gee, where's Davion? Then you show up here and shamelessly plug your own thread.

Hey, if you're so bent out of shape about Fannie and Freddie Mac then why aren't you up in arms about it, and why haven't you already responded to my thread in outrage about them secretly lobbying for Republicans to not vote for the bill

[edit on 20-10-2008 by davion]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Have to agree with you Rooster.

I think the 85 million public finance was more than enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hey, if you're so bent out of shape about Fannie and Freddie Mac then why aren't you up in arms about it, and why haven't you already responded to my thread in outrage about them secretly lobbying for Republicans to not vote for the bill

Geez, I'm getting there... It's not like I come to work and go "I wonder what Davion's been up to, I'm gonna log on and see what he's writing about now"

But I do want to point out that your thread implicates a BHO financial adivsor of committing fraud, for that I'm proud of you. If you give me just a little bit, I'll head over there and vilify a few guilty party's along with you (republicans AND demoncrats).

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Davion,

It's going to kill me to say this, but a star and flag for you sir! If an investigation finds any facts to back up these claims, all involved should be drawn and quartered right in front of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I am tired of these bastards selling out my country!

Hey D, Is that what you had in mind? (and I really did S&F the thread, good job!)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And I just found this little jewel...

Obama’s Secret Campaign Cash: Has $63 Million Flowed from Foreign Sources?

www.newsmax.com... egal_donations/2008/10/19/141979.html?s=al&promo_code=6D84-1

By Obama’s own admission, more than half of his contributions have come from small donors giving $200 or less. But unlike John McCain’s campaign, Obama won’t release the names of these donors.

Smelling fishy...

Ronald J. Sharpe Jr., a retired teacher from Rockledge, Fla., appears in the Obama campaign reports as having given a whopping $13,800.

The campaign reported that it returned $4,600 to him, making his net contribution of $9,200 still way over the legal limit.

But there’s one problem with the Obama data: Sharpe doesn’t remember giving that much money to the Obama campaign in the first place, nor does he recall anyone from the campaign ever contacting him to return money.

“At the end, I was making monthly payments,” he told Newsmax. The Obama campaign records do not show any such payments.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Whats the only job that you have to spend 600,000,000.00 to get paid a salery of 250,000.00...president!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

I think Bush gave himself a raise to an annual salary of $400,000.00
Plus perks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join