It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where I'll Spend Situation-X

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

By the way, since I bought this camera, I have been hoping to get an opportunity to film a UFO. I've seen one twice since then. Neither time did I have my camera with me as they were both at work. Kicker of it was that it was, I'm SURE, the same craft two nights in a row at the EXACT same time, each time with multiple witnesses...

Hasn't happened again since. Alas.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If i could get there I'd be going to the outer Hebrides, plenty of uninhabited islands off the western coast of scotland ripe for the picking, theres a few with houses already built as well but the islands have been abandoned

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

I hope you have a liking for hard-living as the Hebrides are a wild place to be..no trees, nothing much can grow in the poor soils, and the only other real foodstuff immediately at hand is fish, seal, seabird, seaweed, and cockles

A relative lived as a crofter for a fair few years on Benbecula in a static caravan...fortunately the brick-built house had only just been completed when an 'average' winter storm off the Atlantic scattered chunks of former caravan home over 1/2 square mile

A barren, hard, but stunningly beautiful place!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by onetruesaxon

I hope you have a liking for hard-living as the Hebrides are a wild place to be..no trees, nothing much can grow in the poor soils, and the only other real foodstuff immediately at hand is fish, seal, seabird, seaweed, and cockles

A relative lived as a crofter for a fair few years on Benbecula in a static caravan...fortunately the brick-built house had only just been completed when an 'average' winter storm off the Atlantic scattered chunks of former caravan home over 1/2 square mile

A barren, hard, but stunningly beautiful place!

Heh Heh Heh, its not as bad as the Faroes, in one of my madder bug out plans I intended to use a light aircraft to fly to the US, I thought it was impossible until a yank did it. he went via Scotland,Shetland, The Faroes ( IIRC), Iceland, Greenland, Labrador then Canada. I even considered moving to the faroes unril I watched a documentary that showed just how wild and barren it was, it made Scotland look like a tropical paradise.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
in one of my madder bug out plans I intended to use a light aircraft to fly to the US

You have a PPL? Way ta go if so!

I know a couple of folks who have flown light Cessenas from small airfields in the UK to the Oshkosh rally in the US...its very doable, but I guess not for the faint-hearted...particularly the leg across to Greenland

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by Northern Raider
in one of my madder bug out plans I intended to use a light aircraft to fly to the US

You have a PPL? Way ta go if so!

I know a couple of folks who have flown light Cessenas from small airfields in the UK to the Oshkosh rally in the US...its very doable, but I guess not for the faint-hearted...particularly the leg across to Greenland

I wish !!, What I have is a semi tame pilot who has acess to a Cessna Grand Caravan with long range tanks, trouble is it comes down to pure luck on this scenario as both the plane and pilot are often away for weeks at a time. he and the bird would have to be in the area WTSHTF

Forgot to mention there a pair of loons up here who go everywhere by microlight, they got wise, instead of just building two single seater microlights, they built at not much extra cost, two Twin seater microlights, not so they can carry a passenger, but so they can carry fully laden BOBS fastened into the extra seat along with an extra two gallons of fuel each. Apparently among the more adventorous members of the preparedness community microlights and powered hang gliders are very popular.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Northern Raider]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've never been "across the pond", as some say, but I've always pictured Ireland as being a pretty nice safe haven. Seems they have lots of land suitable for growing crops. ... And lots of crazy f's that would make one hell of a makeshift militia.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The more I think about the whole scenario of shtf, or sit-x (whichever you prefer), the more I am convinced that sitting tight is the best thing to do.

As long as you can hide your stach from the goons that will invariably come to confiscate anything above rations from your cupboards, then you should do well.

Do not annoy the goons etc. and all will be well.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Considering my position, i was thinking of Norfok (don't laugh). At first, at least. Lots of livestock and veggies growing, with hardly anything larger than a small town. From there i could either head south to try and cross the channel, or follow the coast north. Only problem is the RAF bombing range 30miles NE of where i am currently on the wash and Army/RAF bases are somewhat numerous.

Saying that it'd have to be pretty bad to get me to move, got a decent supply of food and a large garden where most food is grown. Oh and a mature apple tree i don't particularly want to give up :p

[edit on 23/10/08 by Venit]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I live too close to this area's version of "the ghetto" to stay here. Nah, I'll be heading for the hills. Plenty of fresh water, plenty of wild game, plenty of gardens and completely off the grid. Paradise really. Hell, the stuff hasn't even hit the fan yet and I'm out in that particular area every chance I get as it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I've never been "across the pond", as some say, but I've always pictured Ireland as being a pretty nice safe haven. Seems they have lots of land suitable for growing crops. ... And lots of crazy f's that would make one hell of a makeshift militia.

Irelands not really an option for the average Englishman, especially ex soldiers like me !! To much bad feeling.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am looking at a few places for hiding out my requirements are kind of strange.
Close to a railroad

With a group of friends we can build a small motor car to travel the rail system and grab cargo from train-yards. we will just check each RR car for what we want and use the yard engine to sort them out and take them to a point near our main camp area.
this will also give us fuel from tank-cars and fuel from the supplies the railroads have.
also ocean shipping containers to build living areas, fortifications, bunkers,

And many large military bases have rail spurs onto them and we can load military equipment and supplies to take to our camp.
a couple tank buried with just the turrets showing would make good gun emplacements

The one thing most people do not understand about railroad engines is that they can be remotely controlled from another engine.
So if you put a engine in front and one in back of the train cars you are moving you can control the front engine front engine from the back one.

And if someone were to attack your train they would attack the front engine.
this would allow you to uncouple the back one and take off.

They would then chase the train trying to stop it. and not you.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

There are plenty of disused railway-tunnels across the UK as a result of Lord Beeching and his rail closures back in the 60's...it can be as simple as looking up archive OS maps in the library from before that period of local-line closures and comparing to a current OS map

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wrong thread sorry

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We are going to stay put of at least the first 6 weeks. At that point we can see what happens. If things are not put back together in 6 weeks it may never be set right. We will have water, fuel, and food for at least that period of time. We have a couple of acres of land and while it is not very productive it is insulated to a degree. We have good neighbors who don't let people run over them. An example is we had a gang try to move in, they did some tagging, we all got out and painted over their tagging, more than a few did it while packing firearms. No tagging after that and our area does not have any one steeling things. No sign of any gang activity at all. I have known the local sheriff sense he was about ten years old. If we did have a SHTF I think that the exits off the high way would be blocked and "travelers" would be told to move on the town is closed. We have mountains that go up to 9000' five miles from the house so if we need to walk it would be a couple of hour hike. I know these like the back of my hand and and know a canyon that is mile from any trail. It has water and cover. That would be our fall back position. If we needed to bug out we could travel the dirt roads and trails North about 100 miles. Two areas I know. The most remote country in the lower 48. Largest population center to travel through is about 500 people if we travel the pavement. One of the things every one seems to talk about is bugging out to a very lush and productive area. I have an idea that there will be a large number of people headed to those types of places. In the first six months I feel that there will be a great deal of fighting over these areas, I may be wrong but that is how I see it. As a result we are going to look to remote areas that are not that attractive for the first little while if we need to flee. After 6 months we will ether have picked up a few head of horses or we will be in deep dark doo doo.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Really like the idea of familiarizing yourself with the place you plan to bug out. I'm in WA and there are plenty of good places. I think I want to go near the mountains. There are quite a few lakeside locations I know of where I doubt too many others will show up. It's pretty easy to grow stuff in the soil and there are fish and deer everywhere. The exact location I plan on is on the far side of one of these lakes. You have to drive down a very desolate road, then hump it to the other side. The path funnels people in single file, I figure I can discourage the bad types from coming into my area with minimal exposure. I hope I'll never have to leave my house, but if I do this is the place for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
You have to drive down a very desolate road, then hump it to the other side. The path funnels people in single file, I figure I can discourage the bad types from coming into my area with minimal exposure.

A passive type of defence that appears to be a 'natural feature' would be in order so as not alert a keen eye to a nearby defended position

Assuming the roads/paths are un-tarmacced dirt tracks, an idea in mind would be water-pits at least 1 cu. mtr and dug into any existing ruts (or create new ones) at intervals along the road surface to bog-down 4x4 vehicles and the same for footpath single-tracks at funnel points but with added punjee stakes well below the water level

Muddied water would disguise the hazard well enough to look just like a harmless surface puddle

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join