It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Dreaming.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the answer

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Now let me ask you a question, have you ever dreamed something that one day layer came true? Like deja vu, but your remember clearly, that it was a dream?

Yes i did have few dreams like that allready.

But i still can't see the connection .... In your story there's a connection between the dream and reality ... but in my opinion it's far from being an evidence that reality is a dream .... As you posted you can change things when you see them in your dream and it effects the reality ...but you can't change things in the reality that allready happened....
It's one of the problems with your theory ..

[edit on 19-10-2008 by baburak]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You are dreaming... But you need to wake up and come back to reality! If you generally think and believe it is true then that is up to you, but please explore other possibilities first.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unubuh
You are dreaming... But you need to wake up and come back to reality! If you generally think and believe it is true then that is up to you, but please explore other possibilities first.

Why the need to explore something that is only going to be a circuitous path that will only lead one back to the same understanding that we as one in our finite consciousness cannot understand that which is omniscient, omnipotent and eternally omnipresent of the mind of All That Is.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Op,

I completely agree with you. I've been awake [afternoons, nights, mornings, out of my house, at friends' houses, at heavily populated places] and have felt the sensation of being 'pulled' out of my 'physical' surroundings. This has occurred while I have been moving about, walking, running, sitting, being on the swingset, and during other basic activities. The sensation is something that I can only describe as what I would presume it would feel like if someone were in a 'trip-like state' of sorts. My vision and somehow my mind and senses become 'aware' of what is occurring and instinctly[?] seems to force/pull me back into what feels like the 'physical' surroundings again. The whole occurrence happens within seconds. I believe that what is occurring is a sort of 'glitch' which is making me notice an apparent underlying 'hidden-ness' to everything around me.

I am also curious, as to what your opinions are on 'dream characters'. I have come to believe that 'dream characters' are in fact 'real' people and perceive themselves to be real. Just as 'we' perceive ourselves to be 'real'. I also believe that in our perceived 'dream state' we come across other 'dreamers' as well. I do not believe that everyone is awake and is conscience of their dreaming up themselves. I believe that these 'dream characters' have motives, and ambissions, and other emotions as do you and I (or so we perceive).

I'd like to go into this topic and these ideas further with you if you are interested in talking.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Let me snap your arm over my knee and keep telling yourself "it's just a dream" Come on, life is not a dream, unless you live in a fantasy world.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Let me snap your arm over my knee and keep telling yourself "it's just a dream" Come on, life is not a dream, unless you live in a fantasy world.

Yes, but it is in my opinion, possible to dream of the physical sensation of pain. And also to dream that you are 'snapping my arm over your knee'.
Therefore to dream up your very own existence.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I just wanted to break the news to you in case you didn't realize that life was a dream, and you are the dreamer.

I could be just full of crap, but I'll take my chances that I am right on this one

Enjoy the dream my friends.

I think this is a rash explanation only to those who have tried Dream Control, example ME.

There is a possibility of reality within a reality within a reality....

After practicing Dream Control for a week or so I managed to remember my dreams + control it (still beginner I can only make small scene changes), one can be sure that each reality has its own separate laws. This goes well with Quantum Physics which states that their are parallel universes each with separate Physical law. Parallel universes have been proven mathematically and dreaming may or may not hold the key to unsolving this problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

...but you can't change things in the reality that allready happened....
It's one of the problems with your theory ..

I don't see any problem in that, every reality has its own separate law.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think it's more like a nightmare to be honest.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

life is a dream

I have certainly changed a dream

If life is a dream, and you are able to control your dreams, then you should be able to control "this" dream too, yes?

I have had this type of dream control during a dream,
that one day later came true.

Your phrasing implies that you think of the "awake" state as being somehow different than the "dreaming" state.

Why?

If life is really a dream...why would there be any need to "go to sleep" in this dream, and make your changes in "that other dream?"

Why not skip the middle man and directly change the dream that is life NOW, rather than contorting yourself to dream that you're goign to sleep, dream that you're having a dream, dream that you're changing that dream, dream that you're waking up, and then dream that the change in one dream has an effect on the other dream that is your life?

Wouldn't it be much simpler to simply directly control this dream, here and now?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You may be confusing quantum physics with dreams... just sayin'.

Do some lengthy research into quantum physics. The results you find may somewhat surprise you.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
You may be confusing quantum physics with dreams... just sayin'.

Do some lengthy research into quantum physics. The results you find may somewhat surprise you.

Quantum Physics tries to explain this reality where I'm posting this reply to you, It has reached a level where it can comprehend other reality which exist yet we are not aware of.

Now your chance to do your research

- 3 physical dimensions (length, width, depth)
- 1 Transitive dimension (time)
- 6 Spatial dimensions (5 - 10)
- & 1 quantum dimension

Now tell me if you understand the above than I can be sure that I am conversing with an individual who has some knowledge relating to the topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
From my experience, I can say with certainty that "dream" is not the word to be applying to life, since it would imply that there is an "awake" state, which is simply not the case. I would choose something like "different levels of consciousness."

When we dream, our mind is at a certain level. When we wake up, it's on another level, another channel, per se. In this life, we are able to change the channel, and when we learn how to access more channels, we feel more "awake" because we know and understand more. We can even occasionally glace away from the television and look at a wall or the light in the room. However, as long as we are in this conscious state, we can never truly get up from our chairs and go outside, to the next level, and beyond.

We aren't dreaming - we are watching television.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Presuming you are correct, how would you explain not being able to fly? If you know it's a dream, why can't you control it so that you can do whatever you want?

Though I can't say life is a dream, I can say something about your statement here. In my own dreams (sleeping ones), I can't fly. I try, but I can't. I can't do whatever I want in my dreams.
That is all.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The belief that mind is effect, not cause. The spoken word is the passively-received, endless outcome of a reality created by someone else.

The reality is that mind is cause, not effect. The spoken word is the active mechanism of reality creation.

If the someone states (however) - using the active mechanism which is the reality - that the first is the reality, then it does in fact become the reality (for them).

Or from The Master Key System

The subconscious mind cannot argue controversially.

Someone may ask: "How can the subconscious change conditions?" The reply is, because the subconscious is a part of the Universal Mind and a part must be the same in kind and quality as the whole; the only difference is one of degree. The whole, as we know, is creative; in fact, it is the only creator there is; consequently we find that mind is creative, and as thought is the only activity which the mind possesses thought must necessarily be creative also.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Have you connected to the internet during a dream?

You must have, because you are connected to the internet now, and nothing in this reality is separate from your subconscious reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
October 20, 2008
This is a summary of some of tonights dreams. I didn't have a chance to write them down in the morning so much of it is fuzzy, I will make note of that if I can't recall specific details.

As I was falling asleep, I was talking with my wife, she was telling me her dream from the morning. Drifting off, I told her I am seeing the dreamstate forming right before my eyes.
Fractal patterns and fractal clouds where forming, from that swirl of geometric shapes I was seeing images and ideas floating forward as my sense of vision was starting to perceive the dreamstate.

Drifting off, I entered the first dream semi-lucid.

Dream 1:

The first dream was a discussion with a being who identified itself as "God". I was in a void, and this red fabric wisping like a flag was in front of me. A face slightly pushed the fabric out, it was long, large and embedded in the fabric. The being had black void-like eyes and a mouth formed in the mosaic before me.

"Why are you here?", this being asked.

"I am just dreaming, so that is why I am here.", I replied.

"How do you know you are dreaming?", asked the being.

"I know I am dreaming, how do you know if I am or not?", I asked the being.

"I am God, I know all.", it replied.

"Interesting, I am going to talk about this on a forum where we are discussing dreams.", I told the being.
[I was clearly aware that I wanted to dream tonight for the purpose of posting dreams into the ATS thread, so this dream is on par with that intent].

"Why are you so interested in posting this in a forum?", the dream character asked.

"It's a curiosity that I have. I want the people there to know that their reality, is also a part of this reality. And to assist them in understanding that when they dream, they also come here. The main focus is precognition, I want them to be aware that their dreams which come true, also occur here first.", I spoke.

"Are you sure it is here, that their dreams come true?", the being asked.

"Well, perhaps not this particular location or focus, but clearly within this dream, there is access to that information.", I replied.

I am fuzzy at this point, not sure what we discussed. I may not have all the verbage above correct either, but I know I am very very close to the spoken dialog we exchanged. So let me reflect a moment on this particular dream, and I am not claiming this being is God either. That is how it, the dream character presented itself to me. Over all, it was a very cool start to dreaming, the mosaic red flag like energy layer which this dream character was infused in, had a very beautiful nearly Gothic feel, especially when the face appeared and spoke. I was literally just floating much smaller in size to the face.

I felt almost like I was a fractal pattern as the mosaic was also fractal in the stitching so to speak. I know we talked a bit more, I know it was about the purpose of this particular thread, but I can't recall the rest of the dialog from the dream.

When I shifted, I was in another dream:

Dream 2:

This dream involved my nephew and he was being a prankster, thought the dream I was trying to get him to stop behaving in a bad way and just redirect him to having fun. At one point he poured water down my back, and I got very angry with him telling him that if his bad behavior doesn't stop, he will be punished. He continued, so finally I put an end to it and stuck him in a room, and I explained that I don't want to punish him, but he can't go on behaving that way. I told him he's not welcome at my house, or with me, if that is how he wished to behave. He started to cry and apologized.

In RL, he has never poured water down my back as a prank, but he is a prankster so I'll let you know if he does.

Dream 3:

This dream is very fuzzy, I can only see people melded together in a hue of fog, ghostly shapes and very little context however I now this dream did have lots of information, can't seem to access the clear memory of it.

Dream 4:
This dream took place in my old house, we had lots of family in it. There are some interesting points, one was my laptop was stolen and I was frantically searching the house for it. The other was my uncle who I have not seen in years was there, however he was in a head-brace, had difficulty speaking and was not doing to well. The head-brace is something I have seen people wear who were in accidents, I am not sure if he ever had one in the past, and hopefully not in the future. This struck me as odd because 1.) I was not thinking about him nor had seen him. 2.) He was clearly in distress and his family was there in the room with him. Hopefully it's not precognitive but it's suspect considering the focus of my intent is precognition.

I will try to start posting dreams, just for the sake of sharing in them, and if anything comes true in them, I will point it out for the simple sake of validating the relationship. This should be fun.

I will try to get to the previous posters when I have more time, just on a lunch break at work then back at the forum after 11 pm EST.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
hello :-)

I posted this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

its a question about dreams.. :-)

Nia

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The subconscious mind is the dream factory of which is this the; current life Reality that we are perceiving as one. Though on the conscious level we percieve all the parameters of this reality which our 5 basic senses.

Hence then in this reality if one actually falls out off a 5 storey building, odds are, yes that one is most likely going to die or be a quadriplegic if one dosen't die!

Allthough these are essentially belief systems of the genetic mind that we as individuals have taken on board as the common understood values of cause and effect.

Because you do have instances where some individuals actually defy these said parameters and take on superhuman abilities when confronted with perceived life threatening or perilous situations and are indeed able to perform feats of incredible strength and endurance despite understood theories of such possibilties being quite to the contrary and even bordering on the complete ludicrous when in plain view of witnesses and the person themselves that these acts can and will be done again.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak

Yes i did have few dreams like that allready.
But i still can't see the connection .... [snip and read]...but you can't change things in the reality that allready happened.... It's one of the problems with your theory ..

You are letting the cat out of the bag. You have had dreams come true, so like I said about evidence, it is already in you. Now how you view this evidence coming from your own experiences is how you are trying to bridge the connection.

The reality we exist in now, is the final product of a creative process. You are seeing the creative process when you are dreaming, and at that time, it is somewhat malleable (at least in my experience). The final product, this reality seems to have already passed inspection, and made it to the output frequency of time/space within the spectrum of physical reality.

You say I can’t change it here, however I am not entirely sure of that. I would say, it is even more difficult to change “here” then it was to change it when it was a dream. And that could solely be based on a barrier of belief, or a lack of awareness.

Look at the dream, before it came true. That was reality in a state that was a dream. Now that it’s here, and become “real”, we are just now experiencing the final product, the end result of a creative process that all of us are a part of.

You are already on the bridge Baburak, you just need to take a few steps closer to unraveling the truth of your dreams, and how they relate to your reality. Like I said, the evidence is already in front of you, and all it takes is your realization.

Take charge of your dreaming, don’t run from them, and don’t dismiss them as flights of fancy. Take charge, focus on them, be mindful of your intent and take action when you desire to affect change through them. Good luck with it; you are already part way there.

Originally posted by Unubuh

All there is is reality. And reality is dreaming, and dreaming is reality. They are the same thing. It’s just our awareness and perception that allows us to see the underlying nature of reality, as it ebbs forward from the creative process. Self-realization, awareness and conscious perception helps unravel this mystery of creation.

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Why the need to explore something that is only going to be a circuitous path that will only lead one back to the same understanding that we as one in our finite consciousness cannot understand that which is omniscient, omnipotent and eternally omnipresent of the mind of All That Is.

You are so correct on how we end up exactly where we started from, this is very much a circuitous path. Great observation.

Originally posted by agent violet
Op,

I completely agree with you. I've been awake [afternoons, nights, mornings, out of my house, at friends' houses, at heavily populated places] and have felt the sensation of being 'pulled' out of my 'physical' surroundings. This has occurred while I have been moving about, walking, running, sitting, being on the swingset, and during other basic activities. The sensation is something that I can only describe as what I would presume it would feel like if someone were in a 'trip-like state' of sorts. My vision and somehow my mind and senses become 'aware' of what is occurring and instinctly[?] seems to force/pull me back into what feels like the 'physical' surroundings again. The whole occurrence happens within seconds. I believe that what is occurring is a sort of 'glitch' which is making me notice an apparent underlying 'hidden-ness' to everything around me.

That is very interesting Violet. I can relate to it, perhaps a bit differently. I have meantioned my childhood beliefs but didn’t expand on them, so perhaps now is a time to bring that into some focus.

As a child, I have several examples of reality being perceived as a dream. For example, I was very young, probably 3 at the time, and on a lake fishing with my brother, father and my fathers friend. I remember looking at the sky, the clouds, the trees and water and the whole time, silently in my mind, I was dreaming. I knew I was dreaming and was enjoying the dream.

There are many numerous cases where I had this awareness as a child. After the age of 5 however, I stopped seeing reality that way. And even now, at 36 since I have had very detailed and explicit demonstrations of how dreams create reality, I can again sit in that very same awareness I had as a child. Not only as a child, this pattern and awareness stems into other systems non-human, not of this Earth, where “I” at that time/place also saw the dream, and had that connection.

I haven’t covered other reality systems, but as one can imagine, if we dream reality then surely there are more realities then just this one by which we exist.

My latest observation was yesterday, driving on the street and really admiring and enjoying the awareness of it all, the hues, the feelings and the fractal patterns of plants, clouds and everything. Knowing this is a Dream, in no way is frightening, it really is an uplifting awareness to have. At least for me, I can stop and admire it from that awareness and enjoy the love, the beauty and the spirituality that comes with it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join