It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Dreaming.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Reality is an infinite number of atoms vibrating at varying frequencies and speed....

We are basically nerves, responding and evolving to our surroundings... Everything else is how those electrical signals and chemical codes have stored information into data packets.... (DNA)

We are not living in a dream.... We are billions of conscious receptors each living inside ourselves and outside our shells, as one and as an individual.... Both creating our environment and experiencing it....

It's how we choose to respond, are we conscious or are we operating on experience vs environment / situation - a pre-programmed directive?

Or is it a bit of both? Program and control?

Fate or faith?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
From my own understanding of the "Dreamtime;"
Life is simply the understanding that what we understand is the reality of a physicality of form are just constructs of a Holographic dream matrix of matrices that are of our own mind as both the director and actor within it all. Hence we choose and then design the set and then edit all the dramas that we seem to have within it all through the continual thoughts of the subconscious mind of one.
When one understands the internal inner self of mind then one can change the reality from one moment in time and space to the next through willful conscious intent.
Because you are the son of the creator of All That Is who created you as a creator of All That Is in your eternal reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ahhhh.
ACIM no doubt.
Three lines.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
Ahhhh.
ACIM no doubt.
Three lines.

and also; The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot and the
Morphogenetic Field by Rupert Sheldrake

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, maybe this dream of mine, which I can't seem to control will soon end and then I can go on to my dream of flying through the universe, unimpeded by a body.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

If that is true then how can you possibly be telling me that? If this is a dream then you're part of the dream, not a real individual (same for everyone else on this board from my perspective).

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Duality

I think s/he meant it in the sense of a "collective dream" - an INTERACTIVE "dream".

I still suspect it's just a fancy name for "life", though.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Life may be a dream because it is impossible to prove the existence of anyone other then yourself.

You cannot prove that anything exists outside of your own mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
May I introduce you to Bill Hicks...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

if the apparent reality is just a dream, a huge illusion,
you however forget something : the world of dream is the Real world !

see you there

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If we're dreaming then what happens when we dream at night? Double dreaming? Whoa that's scary, no thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by baburak

baburak,
time is also illusion,
these ideas cannot be intellectualize because the aim is absolute consciousness not relative knowledge
so no intellectual debate is possible nor any intellectual evidence is available,
only realisation of the absolute reality is accessible though,
and poetry
set your mind free

[edit on 19-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

I'm not talking just about time ... i posted tons of questions and have a lot more and i still don't have any reply on those. OP says that he/she has evidence ... so if it's really the evidence it should answer all of these questions ... If it doesn't it's just a theory that can't explain tons of questions and just based on assumptions and personal opinion without single piece of evidence

Edit: raply vs. reply

[edit on 19-10-2008 by baburak]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
@Vanitas - You are correct, we play on words. We know how words break apart into a broader scope of meaning for individual people. For example, Love to one person may mean caring, compassion, understanding, acceptance, forgiveness. To another person, it may mean sex.
God may mean a supreme being, or God may mean an attribute shared by many beings thus many Gods (Hinduism) , or God simply is... everything.

We take Dream in the context I am saying. It is the experience we have when we go to sleep at night, and our mind fires up it's creative internal virtual reality machine and starts pumping out experiences that we slap a label on, and call a dream. Dreams also have a nature, and that nature is thought. In reality, a dream is a form of thinking that produces thoughts that convey a dream.

@psychedeliack - re: Bill Hicks thanks, I'd like to hear more about your experience with Aya.

@mr-lizard - You are right, we are a collection of atomic, molecular, chemical, biological mass organized into a life form that we call being a human. Our mind is a network of neural pathways and neural chemicals that works through energetic exchanges between synaptic endings that never touch.

In this rapid firing of neurons, there is this moment where "we" become aware and self-realized. That in this body, this mind. We exist. What we are, is a unified field of neurological energy that has passed through our brain in chronological order. If we take a picture, a snapshot of this, we see an energy field resonating within the billions of firing synapses. It is this energy field, connected by billions of energetic neurological cells that creates us. We are not a single firing synaptic response, we are the unified field of billions of them firing at once. What these cells create, as an energy field within the brain, that we can call the mind.

What I want to point out is, the sum total of all the cells firing, is what we as the consciousness become. If the summation of this physiological event of neurological exchange is energy...
Does energy have consciousness?
Can energy think?

Clearly we cannot be the single cell, it would only be a part. And it's contribution to this field can only be looked at as perhaps a pixel in a 100 billion x 100 billion resolution mind. (Metaphorically speaking of course). We have to look at the final product.

What is this energy field?
Is it connected through electromagnetic waves? (Meaning the energy floods out forming a connected, unified wave, or is it pixilated).
Does it connect us to the electromagnetic spectrum in any way?
Can it be influenced by electromagnetic energy?

@Epsillion70 - Funny that the only reality we experience, is the one the mind creates.

@kyred - You just think you do not control it, you just need to reconnect to the part of you that does.

@Duality - Interesting how people always look at a dream, and say it's NOT real. Oh, it's a dream, not real. However, the fact that a dream occurs at all, and in it's own right, is it's own reality. Even if it's a sub-reality of a much larger reality. For the time it exists, and is observed, it is a real event. "For those who dream, there is reality.".

If you read my response to Mr-Lizard, we start talking about a unified field. The purpose of the response is to show that a single cell alone, is not who we are, however it's role within us contributes to a collective unified field of cellular communication that creates us. We become a summation of many parts, working in single, synchronized unison to form a mind.

I will ask you, how do you tell these cells what to do? How do you control them? Are you in the cells, are you outside the cells? Where do you reside in the body to control it? If you are a field of energy created by these cells, at one point you have to take over and start telling cells what to do.

So as a unified field of energy you are able to direct and control cells in your body to create a muscle to flex, a finger to contract and a foot to move forward. You are also able to create ideas and thoughts and many other emotions and feelings. You are the puppet master right, of your own body?

You are a field of energy that controls a much smaller sub-set of energy in the forms of cells and atoms using what... thought?

Lets expand on collective unified field theory...

If we see cellular energy creating organized fields of energy, at one point the energy becomes large enough, organized enough to create you, the mind... within this collective mass of atoms, molecules and cells. The mind then is a super-cell as it now also acts in an individual manner.

We take this human cell, and look at it's energy output to the Earth, along with all the other humans, plants, animals, insects all contributing to another energy field, organizing it, shaping it, giving it thoughts, ideas and direction. Is this larger field at one point going to create a new super-cell and have consciousness and awareness? And if so, can this new Super-Cell control all the plants, animals, humans using what... thought?

Expand that to fit the model of the entire universe and descend town that train of thought, you are a whole, that is made of parts, which is also a part, of another whole. All parts move in unison, all parts move in synchronicity, all parts respond to thought, all parts are energy, all parts are one.

So you ask, if I am a part of your dream? How can I be real? If dreams are not real?

Who said dreams are not real? And who said that "we" are not a part of you, any less then you are a part of us? You need to see all the things that connect you, to everything else, not the one thing that makes you separate from everything else... which some people call ego.

If you need a connective analogy, imagine you are a drop of water that has left an ocean and gone on a journey of individualism, and one day, you drop from the sky and return to the ocean.
What will you become?

(Analogy from Far Journeys, Robert A Monroe, slightly modified)

@Vanitas I do call this, "The Dreaming Universe."

[edit on 19-10-2008 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
@drock905 - Subjective reality is quite the mask we wear. Validation, knowing, and understanding are attributes we have, and I do feel we can identify beyond our subjective reality into an objective reality. However as we traverse through the nature of reality, it becomes apparent that we are both the objective and subjective reality. In the end, all that was ever real, was "us". Everything else, was well... "us".

@ClinTrojan - Thanks again, I heard some of his work, now have a name/face to connect it too. Great material.

@::.mika.:: Thanks

@MurrayTORONTO The dream, within a dream, within a dream analogy will suffice.

@baburak - You posted a ton of questions? You asked for Evidence that life was a dream. I provided my evidence. You looked at it, scratched your head and dismissed it without connecting to what the evidence represented. And you claimed that no one ever provided any evidence making this claim. Well, I did. What was the evidence I provided? Can you explain my evidence back to me?

Sadly, even if my evidence fails in your mind, it is very real in mine. I have proven time and time again, to myself, that life is a dream. Over, and over again. I have changed the dream, before the dream came true, and observed the changes here. Over, and over again. I have some captured samples of this, in photos, in my hand to serve as a physical reminder should I ever need one, that indeed... these events did happen, and they were indeed real. I am convinced, no need to tell me otherwise.

I had this dream once, and it really applies to you here. In my dream, I was in a beautiful natural setting, outdoors near a small river bed. Pine trees and mountains adorn the terrain. A nice blue sky, a very nice place to be if you like nature. There are other people around me, I don't know them. They too are just looking around, enjoying the setting. Thirsty, I go to the river to have a drink of water. As I scoop up the water, I see gold embedded in quartz crystal and excitedly I pull out a piece of gold and turn to the first person I see.

"Look, I found some gold!", I explain as I hand the gold to the person.

He looks at it, and it turns to fools gold. "It's not gold", he laughs, and throws the gold away.

Well, what this dream translates to is simple. The gold represented the truth, and I had found a truth. By giving this truth to someone else, in their mind, it was false. So immediately disregarded, no matter how valuable the truth was.

You asked if I had evidence that life was a dream. Please give me evidence of any dream you have ever had. Just one shred of evidence that you dream at all. Prove it to me, right now.

You must have lots of dreams, therefor you must have lots of evidence you dream right? That's how this works doesn't it? We dream something and can easily prove it to someone else right?

Evidence... what is this evidence you need?

Evidence is for the most part, may be the reason why we as humanity fail at recognizing our relationships with dreams, and beyond. Because the evidence is not a piece of paper, it is not a rock or a stone. The real evidence is the dream itself. The experience, the relationship.

You want evidence that life is a dream, then here it is. Right in front of you. You are looking right at it, right now. This is a dream. You are dreaming.

It is up to you, not me... to realize it.

What more evidence do you need? All the evidence you need, is right in front of you. Waiting for you, to simply realize it.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

....I do have evidence that life is a dream.....

That's what i'm talking about ... on first page of this thread you posted that you do have an evidence .... and you're saying that the evidence is a dream ... If i get this right you're saying that the dream inside the dream we're living in is the proof that we're living in a dream?

Does this sound logical to you?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

The logic is, if reality is a dream. Then the evidence is reality itself.

As for my evidence, what I provide is a glimpse into a process by which I validated this by changing a dream, before it became reality.

I had a dream where I was lucid, and stuck a triangle on a persons forehead.

My evidence provides a picture of the very same triangle, from the very same dream, that now appears on a persons forehead in this reality.

So if I changed a dream and made a triangle appear on a persons forehead, and that dream comes true. What does that make the dream, when it comes true?

Does an apple become an orange? Or is an apple an apple?

Now let's dismiss my evidence.

Jo: You say you put a triangle on someones forehead, ya right, prove it.

Me: Here's a picture I scanned.

Jo: Bwahaha... photoshopped, you suck.

Me: Oh here's a Polaroid picture, and a follow up picture. Plus you can still see it on his head to this day. Not to mention, here is his written testimony.

Jo: Bah, then he's in on it with you, he made up that testimony.

Me: No, he had no clue. Enters the guy, he shares his story, shows the triangle.

Jo: What you are trying to tell me a stupid triangle on your forehead is a reason for me to believe that this guy stuck it there by changing a dream. Anyone can burn a triangle into their head, or it's a stupid birth mark. Give me some real evidence! Stick one on my forehead.

Me: So if I need to prove this to every person I meet, I have to stick a triangle on there head. I already did that once. If you need this proof so badly, why don't I just tell you how to do it.

Jo: Oh pay you money... haha, buy your stupid book?

Me: No, the process is simple, learn to become conscious in your dreams when you sleep. Learn to dream and be aware that dreams are layered, and the layer your want to focus on, is the layer where dreams come true.

You need to focus on that layer, and have the intent and want to go there consciously. When you are there try to influence change. Let me know how that works out.

Jo: What? I don't know how to lucid dream. This is rubbish.

At the end of the day, where Jo and I differ. I did the work, the research and the study required to validate the knowledge I needed.

Jo was a skeptic, and like every skeptic wants someone else to do the work for Jo. The evidence Jo wants is inside of Jo, but he's not willing to look there.

Don't be a Jo... you are the evidence. Look inside and you will see all the evidence you will need.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well ... i dont' believe this story but even if it's true ... Can you tell me how did you came up with idea that the reallity is a dream? Maybe you just changed the reality through the dream .... Person can make thosand of theorys with this story ... It's like Zeitgeist was made .... You have the christmas tree but you decorate it like you want and it will be different from other c.trees. Same thing is with reporters when they have a story they will adjust it the way it becomes more interesting even if it loses the meaning of the main story.
Even if this story is true, it's not the evidence of "Reality is a dream" , it's the evidence that you made something through your dream. And i don't see the connection for you statement that reality is a dream in this story

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OMG
i read my post another time .... and i was scared of my English

It's not the oneliner

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
Well ... i dont' believe this story but even if it's true ... Can you tell me how did you came up with idea that the reallity is a dream? Maybe you just changed the reality through the dream .... Person can make thosand of theorys with this story ... It's like Zeitgeist was made .... You have the christmas tree but you decorate it like you want and it will be different from other c.trees. Same thing is with reporters when they have a story they will adjust it the way it becomes more interesting even if it loses the meaning of the main story.
Even if this story is true, it's not the evidence of "Reality is a dream" , it's the evidence that you made something through your dream. And i don't see the connection for you statement that reality is a dream in this story

I believe there is commonality in everything we experience, know and believe.

Let me try to address the question, how I came up with the idea that reality is a dream. It's a very good question, and deserves an answer based on my theoretical musings.

A lot of what I believe today, actually stems from my childhood, and beliefs I had as a child that I dismissed for a more scientific orientated belief system. In that, as I grew up and took a moderate interest in science, physics and the lot, I dismissed a lot of my childhood musings as simply nonsensical childhood fantasy.

Science was providing the explanation of physical matter that I enjoyed. It taught me that the world was made of matter and energy. That energy and matter where intertwined and matter could be converted into energy, and in theory energy back into matter.

One day, when I was 15 years old, I would have my first encounter with a dream that came true. Meaning, at night in my many dreams, out of that mess came this odd quirk that I easily dismissed, and rightfully so, as coincidence.

As time progressed, more dreams would occur that would come true. And I would have to address this odd quirk. Logically, it didn't make sense with my belief in linear science, in that all things future haven't happened yet, and therefore should not be known. My dreams however, where countering that logic with evidence, albeit anecdotal evidence that a dream somehow was predicting the future.

That was my crossroad. I had an experience, that I knew was clearly outside my norm, and I needed answers for it.

At that time, I didn't think reality was a dream, that connection was not made.

Fortunately, I was still young, 16 by the time I accepted this elephant growing in my closet, and decided to have a closer look at it.

You might not accept it, or have had the experience, but we can actually become awake and fully conscious in our dreams when we sleep at night. So exactly as you are now, as you know yourself as a self-realized awake and lucid person, this very same state of awareness, knowing and consciousness can transfer into the dreamstate. I am sure you know about it, hopefully you have expeirenced it, and further experience it through your life.

Having learned to lucid dream, and poorly in my opinion, I started to use that skill to see if I could observe a dream before it would come true.

And over time, through many sessions I was able to do so. It was at this crossroad, that I suspected, but was not convinced that reality was a dream. I needed more proof and personal evidence.

The final step was a need to prove it by changing a dream, in theory one that was precognitive, and see if that change happened here.

Eventually, with many more years ahead of me, when I was 26 years old. I finally was able to bridge that theory and affect a precognitive dream, change it in a phenomenological way, that is, impress a shape on it during a phase I called mapping. And had those shapes appear here, in addition to the lucid awake knowing I had prior in the dream itself.

Finally, I had the proof that I was looking for. I may not have liked the answer, but ultimately the proof was:

What I dreamed "there", became "here".

That there was this "there" that somehow becomes "here". However, when I am "there", what that "there" is, is a dream.

Now we can expand on dream the word by saying it is a very organized pattern of thought energy. And please note, like energy is to matter, in a dream, thought is to energy.

Which brings us to today, and my desire to just put this information out for debate, as we are doing. And enjoyably, I like where we are going with it.

Now let me ask you a question, have you ever dreamed something that one day layer came true? Like deja vu, but your remember clearly, that it was a dream?

Please share if so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join