It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Dreaming.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I believe this sums it up pretty well.

The main problem with humanity is we take ourselves too seriously. Somewhere along the line we forgot how to just sit back,relax and live.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by DocGonzo]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by baburak

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

.... I do have evidence that life is a dream....

Did i heard that sentense again? :LOL: .... last one who started like this didn't provide any single piece of evidence in huge thread ...

So here's your chance .... provide some evidence if you said you have it .... And opinion doesn't count

In my dream I saw all of this....as though it were a dream with in a dream.....man about the worst time that happened I woke up twice in a dream before waking up for (sorda) real....

Trippy.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's not that i'm tring to insult you or something ... it is the interesting theory ... but the dreams are as someone allready said pictures and thoughts ... brain is tring to get some connection between those pics and that's why most dreams are "weird, abstract". I too can control some of my dreams, but it's just a state when you realize that you're dreaming and than you can control it .... it's very short time even if you think it was all night. Person has hundreds of dreams every night .. but most of them are just few frames long. In dreams you can go from 2PM to 2AM in a moment , that's why your brain can see it as it was a 12hours even if it was like "travelling in time".

And do you think when we sleep we're dreaming in dreams?
And when people die here they just waking up .... Can you tell me then what's with all the "bird flu" and other stuff" ... Do you think when there is so much people on earth that there's not a single person who would notice and made something about it? If you know you're dreaming you can control it and make anything you want. I think it would be still weird if i saw few cows fly around
. Oooh and what's with logic then? And learning, eating, drinking, people getting fat ... and slim, memory, family. If it's a dream what's with timeline ... i think it's not changing as it could change in dreams we have. Why can't we do things until we learn how?

That's my
few questions
for you ...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak

Did i heard that sentense again? :LOL: .... last one who started like this didn't provide any single piece of evidence in huge thread ...

So here's your chance .... provide some evidence if you said you have it .... And opinion doesn't count

It just so happens, I have some evidence. I will post some of what I have in a new thread, as this request for evidence comes up form time to time.

Here is my Evidence Thread

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Your just the same as the rest.
You post some bold statement throw people some bait.
Then you might or might not post some evidence.In another thread.
Post the evidence now or shut up.
Im sorry but this is getting beyond a joke.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When you dream now, you are in a state of limited consciousness.

When you are omnipotent, all knowing and all of that then the universe is static. Because there is nothing new that can happen to create time.

So, to be dreaming means you are currently in a state of limited consciousness - even when you are "awake".

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

A more fitting title IMO would have been "We are dreaming".

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I agree on the *we* part

reply to post by Interestinggg

I would like to think that I am a little different from the rest.

I provided a link to the evidence. You have the choice to click it and view the evidence or move on, I am not repeating that info here. Failure to review the evidence means absolutely nothing. The choice is yours, not mine to make.

Evidence Link

I post a link to the evidence yet again.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I promise you, the OP is correct. Just like Bill Hicks says as well, if you dont believe me, go to peru, or do your own extraction, test the spirit of Ayahuasca, and then, when you return, try telling me you didnt experience a reality more real than anything you ever considered with your former perception, it truly is, waking from the dream. It is like looking down into the 3rd dimension dream realm, from the realm you are really always in, there is no doubt that it is real, no doubt at all, I dont know how to emphasize this, but it is at least on hundred times more real than this dimension seems right now. Seriously, Ive done a lot of hallucinogens, but when I found the Aya, I had to bow in tears, it is not a drug, it is not a hallucinogen, it truly is a divine teacher, bringer of LOGOS etc etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by badmedia

I agree on the *we* part

reply to post by Interestinggg

I would like to think that I am a little different from the rest.

I provided a link to the evidence. You have the choice to click it and view the evidence or move on, I am not repeating that info here. Failure to review the evidence means absolutely nothing. The choice is yours, not mine to make.

Evidence Link

I post a link to the evidence yet again.

Your link contains no evidence at all to back up your statement.
It is just another garbled load of junk like the rest of the dribble in here.
You could post a topic like, "I believe you to be dreaming".
But no, you post a topic TELLING me that I am dreaming.
You are no different from the rest.
Don't give me choices.
Who the hell do you think you are?
Even on the internet people like you shine right on through.
You seem to be a very obnoxious person.

Originally posted by psychedeliack
I promise you, the OP is correct.

Im sorry, but your promise isn't worth very much on the internet.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

You might these other threads interesting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Your link contains no evidence at all to back up your statement.
It is just another garbled load of junk like the rest of the dribble in here.
You could post a topic like, "I believe you to be dreaming".
But no, you post a topic TELLING me that I am dreaming.
You are no different from the rest.
Don't give me choices.
Who the hell do you think you are?
Even on the internet people like you shine right on through.
You seem to be a very obnoxious person.

Interestinggg,

You seem to be taking it a little personal, and in no way am I trying to attack you with information. I am making a statement.

And as for being obnoxious, I don't think so. I'm actually a nice person who is simply sharing ideas that I find interesting. We may or may not agree, but that is why we have forums to debate.

Now you present a good question, how can I prove to you, that you are dreaming. What evidence do I have regarding you dreaming? None.

I can't prove that to you, so you are right, I am force feeding you a belief that you are not willing to accept. And rightfully so, I don't want you to believe anything I am saying at all.

Rather, I encourage you to simply start looking at yourself as someone who dreams, and start building a knowledge base around you, the dreamer.

You are a dreamer right?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As far as i know person is not allowed to open more than one thread about the same topic. And just from the thread titles you opened 4 of them since 15th of September?
And i don't want to see continue of this thread in another thread. My question were in this thread and you should answer them here too ...

Edit: I think there're too many "thread" word in my post

[edit on 18-10-2008 by baburak]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Lyrics to "It's Just a Ride" by Gem:

Life, it's ever so strange
It's so full of change
Think that you've worked it out
Then bang
Right out of the blue
Something happens to you
To throw you off course
And then you

Breakdown
Yeah you breakdown
Well don't you breakdown
Listen to me
Because

It's just a ride, it's just a ride
No need to run
No need to hide
It'll take you round and round
Sometimes you're up
Sometimes you're down
Don't be scared
Don't hide your eyes
It may feel so real inside
But don't forget it's just a ride

Truth, we don't wanna hear
It's too much to take
Don't like to feel out of control
So we make our plans
Ten times a day
And when they don't go
Our way we

Breakdown
Yeah we breakdown
Well don't you breakdown
Listen to me
Because

No need to run, no need to hide
It'll take you round and round
Sometimes you're up
Sometimes you're down
Don't be scared
Don't hide your eyes
But don't forget it's just a ride

Slowly, oh so very slowly
Except that
There's no getting off
So live it
Just gotta go with it
'Cause this ride's never gonna stop

Breakdown
Don't you breakdown
No need to breakdown
No need at all
Because

No need to run
No need to hide
It'll take you all around
Sometimes you're up
Sometimes you're down
Don't be scared now
Dry your eyes
But don't forget enjoy the ride

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know it... :-)

dream is a dream is a life is a life is a dream is a dream of life.

nothing more
nothing less

*so be carefully of your wishes, you will dream and then it will happen*
and then?
then you awake
in your dream
or
in your life

choose

N i a W i n d

*dreaming*

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's nice to see some others sharing in this awareness of reality as a dream.

For me, this is a very healthy discussion and I really do enjoy talking about reality from both a physical perspective, and a non-physical perspective.

The challenges we face in our daily lives, in relationship to dreams and in part, phenomenological dreams like precognitive dreams, or shared dreams is the hard cold fact that we for the most part as humanity, are very dream illiterate despite being absolute masters of this innate natural primal ability.

I think we tune it out, tune it down so we can focus on the illusion we created that this is a real physical world, and in no way, a dream, or thought based created experience.

What I want you to do, to see how easy your mind can tune into this reality as a dream is a few simple focuses.

First, imagine right now, with your eyes open, that this is a dream, and somehow you are dreaming it. Look at all the details around you and see how that information relates to how you dream. Start looking at the walls as thoughts, the monitor, the text. See it all as thought, and somehow you as a dreamer, are creating those thoughts.

Now see nothing but thought, that all things around you are nothing but thought. Look at the thought, not the reality. See it as thought, see it as a dream.

Give that a shot. Let me know if you feel any shifts in awareness.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To say that life is a dream (in my opionion) is a bit of an understatement. I just refuse to believe that it's that simple. Believing that something a little more unfathomable is occuring seems to give me the conspiracy "hit" I need.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WAKE UP!!!!

:-)

Nia Wind

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Hey, I believe you.
Describe to me how exactly you envisage waking up, should you need/want it, and I'll believe you even more...

Without the possibility of an actual awakening into another fully operative, conscious "reality" (in the usual sense of this word), "dream" is just another name for what is usually called - life.

(As with all dreams, semantics is everything.
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join