It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 848
<< 845  846  847    849  850  851 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
this post is not citing any sources...(other than my personal opinion)

the last 3 days seen the DOW sprang back some 400 $ = 'points'

gold shot up some 60 'points' = $ in tandem with bad-news-from EU-land

well... i keep saying the 'standard' for gold will be $1,440. or appox. €1,500(depending on the € decling to 'par' with the USD )

that's my long term outlook

i'm leery of not buying gold or the 'GDXJ'...but i think i will chance buying a electric utility that even the MicroSoft guy invests in... because it has a payout of 5.5% dividends ...in place of gold... at least until Nov-Dev 2012

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Interesting thought, St.

Do you not think utilities are susceptible to downturns in the same way oil is? (I wonder how they shaped up during the Great Depression?)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You'd have to nationalise the grid. in the case of a collaps, power, water and
gas compaines wouldn't recive payment. keeping those things on is key to
the stability of most societies.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Oil is down almost 3%. Is that because dollar is at index 82,80? Or something else?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Interesting how the Spanish found the original way to help their banksters

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by St Udio

Interesting thought, St.

Do you not think utilities are susceptible to downturns in the same way oil is? (I wonder how they shaped up during the Great Depression?)

no... i'm just thinking out loud...

OTTR, the utility i'm thinking of should be a better place for ROI than precious-metals at least until 2013
& perhaps into the middle of that year...see there is a lot of Jockying for gold by central banks, financial houses and others including sovereign nations...
they all will manipulate the paper contracts to amass as much physical bullion as possible... all before 2014 when several dynamics (about replacing the USD/Petro-dollar) will be made public and a global standard value for gold will be established

i rather garner 5+% dividend along with a rising stock price (in devalued dollars none-the-less) than lock new money in the present high priced gold

nationalized or no... electric utils are a need rather than a 'designer sneaker' want
and i think even safer than near zero interest US Treasuries

'CHG':NYSE another energy producer is going private the first of next year...now that's some big bucks getting locked into a utility...why are the private investors sealing this deal instead of buying gold or Treasuries= because there is profit to be made

and i still hold a handful of DTE which i expect will spin off particular holdings
edit on 10-6-2012 by St Udio because: dangling bb codes

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good morning Colombo!

Like they didn't know what they were doin'.

Recession crushed middle-class wealth: Fed survey

www.marketwatch.com...

The recession crushed the net worth of middle-class families as real estate values tumbled, according to a survey released by the Federal Reserve on Monday.

The Fed’s survey of consumer finances between 2007 and 2010, which is adjusted for inflation, showed median income fell 7.7% from $49,600 in 2007 to $45,800 in 2010 and that median net worth fell 38.8% from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010, approximately the level recorded in 1992.

Blah, blah, blah...

But it didn't crush the richest class

Gott Mit Uns!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
May Budget Deficit Double Last May
The U.S. government posted a budget deficit of $125 billion in May, more than twice the level registered in the same month last year.
So far this fiscal year, the budget deficit stands at $844.5 billion, narrower than at the same time a year ago.

Read more: www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
YIKES: SPAIN'S 10-YEAR YIELD BLASTS TO NEW EURO-ERA HIGH

The post-Greek election relief rally is completely gone. The euro is down. European stocks are down. And U.S. futures are down.

Nowhere is the crisis more apparent than in Spain, where government borrowing costs just went parabolic.

The 10-year yield is now north of 7.13 percent, a euro-era, all-time high. It opened at 6.84 percent this morning.

And we thought it looked bad last week when it hit 6.90 percent.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting how most of the press are painting the greek elections,
as a win for those who favor the status qoe. both pro bailout parties
got only 40% of the popular vote and those opposed got 52%.
under. If a government can be formed then they will get 50 extra seats.
wird system, in the mean time they have to slash 150000 jobs from
the public sector to save 11 billion euros. in a country of aroun 20million
people that is a massive cut, and it will put further pressure on there ecconomy.
Source
it's from reuters so the information seems to be pretty good.
on a positive note, spain is screwed with italys 10 years above
6% as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the only substantive thing Bernanke talked about (his 3:00-4:00 speech)
was that the FED has reappraised its outlook on inflation

It (inflation) was anticipated to be 1.94% earlier this year
But...the new consensus by the FED is that the cost of 'things' will only increase by 1.4% this year

meanwhile all us people that rely on the 'CPI figures' to anticipate any increase in our Social Security payments are now chagrined...even though a great majority of daily-need -items have gotten priced at least 10% higher this year

we are all being slowly strangled to death...
but i am glad for the early-warning that Bernanke leaked to us..(in coded words)... in the course of his FED update speech... there will not be any increase in retirement checks in 2013 due to inflation or CPI

go to hades all you bankers'

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
here's some interesting news...
www.bloomberg.com...

Considering the 12.5 million Americans who were unemployed in April, today’s figures indicate there are about 3.7 people vying for every opening, up from about 1.8 when the recession began in December 2007.

Story title: Job Openings in U.S. Decrease by Most in Almost Four Years

it seems the wheels of the obama unemployment claims are falling off the Liars Express he built

this is not a recovery.. it is a paradigm shift where 'workers' are few but subsistence living is the price of your AYE vote for the current administration
edit on 21-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Latest GEAB report (66), very interesting

www.leap2020.eu... l

All the other components of the global situation are in fact pointed in a negative, even catastrophic, direction. Here again, the main media are starting to echo a long-standing situation anticipated by our team for summer 2012. Indeed, in one form or another, more often on the inside pages than in big headlines (monopolized for months by Greece and the Euro (4)), one now finds the following 13 topics:

1. Global recession (no engine of growth anywhere / end of the myth of the “US recovery”) (5)
2. Growing insolvency of the Western banking and financial system and henceforth partially recognized as such
3. Growing frailty of key financial assets such as sovereign debts, real estate and CDSs underpinning the world’s major banks’ balance sheets
4. Fall off in international trade (6)
5. Geopolitical tensions (in particular in the Middle East) approaching the point of a regional explosion
6. Lasting global geopolitical blockage at the UN
7. Rapid collapse of the whole of the Western asset-backed retirement system (7)
8. Growing political divisions within the world’s “monolithic” powers (USA, China, Russia)
9. Lack of “miracle” solutions as in 2008 /2009, because of the growing impotence of many of the major Western central banks (Fed, BoE, BoJ) and States’ indebtedness
10. Credibility in freefall for all countries having to assume the double load of public and excessive private debt (8)
11. Inability to control/slow down the advance of mass and long-term unemployment
12. Failure of monetarist and financial stimulus policies such as “pure” austerity policies
13. Quasi-systematic ineffectiveness henceforth of the alternative or recent international closed groups, G20, G8, Rio+20, WTO,… on all the key topics of what is no longer in fact a world agenda absent any consensus: economy, finances, environment, conflict resolution, fight against poverty…

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
just keeping you all abreast...

gold was lowered to $1605 or there abouts yesterday (thursday 5 July 2012)
and because of the Øbama directed (fantasy/manipulated) job numbers report... 'gold is down another $28.00 today (friday 6 July 2012) but only to around $1575.

i refuse to buy gold or gold stocks until the price falls below $1,540...because everything else is just 'head-fakes' to get gullible gold bugs to buy at these high prices

remember, my call is gold at $1,440. so make your buys and additions to your position when it is advantangeous to your dollar-cost-averaging program

IF... tomorrow, gold goes down another $50- $80 or gets to the $1,540 level...then i might consider buying another $100. worth
and with each $10-$20 descending leg i will increase my spot investment to $150 then $200 then $250...
that is my tactic...if that works for you then that will be great for your portfilio

keep small, start up, under $3 a share miners in your viewscope
buy on the dips,,,, but not 'dips' at $1600 +
edit on 6-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I dont think NWO will be delayed untill 2014, as Uido says. I do respect his views.

What i believe is that New Wolrd Currency plans have got a big dent. As Euro is now ripe for disintegration, which will cause a chain reaction in ALL global economies, creating a nuclear wave of deflaiton globally, leading to mass wealth destruction & poverty. But this alone would not create a GLOBAL POPULAITON BEGGING FOR SOLUTION. What also needs to be coordinated simultaneously is global annhilation by way of war3, so
that extreme desperation in all countries, lead to a need for a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT with a ONE WORLD CURRENCY & ARMY.

Now, with events in Syria getting a back seat, due to russia-china refusing to attack syria, it seems that war3 is way behind schedule.

Whether or not the illuminati (as per hidden hand testimony on ats) have a deadline to trigger mass negativity before dec 2012 is the big unknown right now.

If yes, the deadline is as above, then maybe war3 plans will never be achieved so fast. That means nwo may never occur. That means euro will not be allowed to disintegrate. That means more delays in gold rising & shining.

Any comments ?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oil is down to $88.39.
Why aren't those goddamn Iran sanctions working?
Are we switching to something else?

Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Oil has been in oversupply since time immemorial.

Dig deep and you will find crude oil. Alaska has 3 times more oil than saudi. Read Lindsey Williams..

Oil is a tool to enforce dollar hegemoney. The day oil is freed of market manipulation, it will reach 20$ or lower.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Iran sanction have actually enabled Chinese and Indian monopoly on Iran's oil.
Suppose, there will be other funny things soon. Like Chinese solar panels in the USA, which are already being dumped at very low price.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

AIA sees "bigger than expected earnings increase"

My guess is Asian banks are engaging in the same activities that GM is in engaging in right now - which are the same activities that forced the government to bail out the banks.

AIA is probably lending out the rest of their liquidity to small business' with bad credit in order to
stimulate economic growth, all the while knowing that most of these creditors won't be able to pay
back these loans, especially when they increase interest rates in early 2013 in order to
stimulate economic recovery.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

More news from Bank of America regarding QE3 and it's implications

blogs.wsj.com...

The bank said the Fed could also get an inflationary effect from selling dollars and buying foreign currencies, although it notes this strategy involves “significant politics risks.”

Meaning China won't be happy if the US continues to devalue their giant holdings of T-Bonds and people will
be super suspicious of why the heck the Federal Reserve is buying foreign currencies and selling their USD.

Regardless of any spanish bond buying, and further quantitative easing, interest rates will not rise until 2014, further attempting to stimulate the economy. This means consumer is at an all time low guys. There's no way that the major banks would be happy with nearly zero interest rates on this crap-mound of consumer credit debt. This means that places like VISA are fudging the numbers because there's absolutely no way they're getting paid, because who is paying the consumers if most of them on are SS. I mean the SS numbers just keep rising and the unemployment is at a staggering 13.1 percent excluding full time jobs not counting self employed (these are generous and approximately smart sounding numbers, no?)

So that means that we should be short USD if you're a currency trader into late November when more QE3 will be announced because the unemplyoment rate will be at 16%. The unemployment rate is out of control guys. It is a behemoth eating America from it's inside as they continue to degredate the economy by cutting salaries by hiring foreign workers. They can lay all of you off because they can hire back half of you at half the cost as immigrants who are just WAITING for a job. And they're pouring in from Europe, and China, and Japan. From economy destroyed, disaster stricken economies currently being turned into free market havens. And all of the smart people are taking their crap with them and their currencies and they're hoarding this country. They're taking over the U.S.. Because they're getting rid of Farmers first, and theyre forcing them into industrial areas, and then they're going to start taking away people from the higher places in the cities. First it will be houses - then condos - then apartments

Then the people in the apartments will be put in big brother government housing as long as you can claim disability, and the people who are on welfare, will be forced off of welfare and onto the streets. Except what will happen to the homeless population? It will be illegal to be homeless because they will have declared victory over poverty by declaring that "everyone" will have a home, even the homeless. Except the homeless will be put in jail or FEMA camps. And people will turn a bilnd eye to this because it's just like in Hitler's Germany. That's why they're putting James Holmes on the news. Because they're trying to make mental health an "issue."

edit on 28-7-2012 by Triesta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 845  846  847    849  850  851 >>

join